[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the bet these games will be very good, but due to poor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: images (1).jpg (21KB, 545x270px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
21KB, 545x270px
Whats the bet these games will be very good, but due to poor marketing
(no news at E3 and no news almost a full month after the first announcment) that the games will flop and GameFreak will think its the games fault?
>>
>>32860243
these games are the new coming of bw2 and you can't stop them
>>
>>32860243

>Whats the bet these games will be very good

Slim to nonexistant.
>>
>>32860243
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NEWS WHEN?!
>>
I feel the fact that they're not realising to a of info on these games is either a really good sign or a bad one. We don't know what kinda content they've added/taken out/changed from sun and moon. They could either blow is all away or seriously disappoint. If what people are saying is true and these will be the last pokemon games on the 3ds than my bet is they'll wanna go with a bang
>>
>>32860243
Remember the "poor marketing" B2W2 and SM had the first few months?

Technically XY did too, since Sylveon/Mewtwo were anime promotion instead of just the games.
>>
>>32860266
you do realize that these aren't sequels like bw2 were, right?
It's the same story with alterations.
>>
>>32860304
>These titles offer an alternative story taking place in the same world as Pokemon Sun and Moon,
>>
>>32860313
Aka. Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. Alternate versions of the same story. Moron.
>>
>>32860327
Did you read that right? Alternate story not alternate version of the same story
>>
>>32860327
those aren't alternative stories, those are the same story with 2 or 3 plot elements changed.
>>
>>32860266
Thats my point bw2 were good games but they didn't sell well because of poor marketing
>>
>>32860243
Almost a full month? Its been two weeks.
>>
>>32860313
> muh alternative story

Seriously, I'm pretty sure something like Emerald and Platinum also counts as an "alternate story" to the original. The official site even says that this "story" are "additions"
>>
>>32860365
>20 days
>2 weeks
Anon...
>>
>>32860437
>Bott
closer to 2 weeks than a full month
>>
>>32860266
But that's literally what OP just described.

B2W2 were the best games in the series, but sold horribly due to poor marketing and XY being announced 3 months after the NA.
>>
>>32860313
Yes, that's pretty much what a Third Version is, from a marketing standpoint.

A reminder that in ORAS, even the other version is considered an alternate story by Maxie (and maybe Archie?)
>>
>>32860304
It's actually an alternate timeline sequel.
>>
>>32860243
they don't have to though, it's the same game sold twince so it's like an extra cash bonus for them while they work at a brand new gen for Switch
>>
>>32860437
Don't"anon ....." me at least I can count
>>
Here's the thing though. If the pre orders are trash than it has nothing to do with quality of USM but the lack of hype

The switch Pokemon announcement also doesn't help
>>
>>32860243
It was the same thing in every Generation.
Stop exaggerating and shut up.

There will be news soon.
>>
File: 1497039428985.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1497039428985.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>32861412
NOT SOON ENOUGH
>>
>>32860243
>these games will be very good
Given how the past three games have looked, I doubt it. They'll probably have a better maingame than SM but it'll still be underwhelming compared to earlier games in the series.
>>
BATTFRLE FRTONRIER
>>
>>32860286
We had regular trailers this time last year.
>>
It's going to be shit, I sold my 3DS after completing S&M's main storyline and I don't plan on repurchasing another just to play close to the same exact game with a few alterations.

I am, however, open to the idea that the game MAY be good, only if GameFreak blow me away. They'd have to prove that there's a decent postgame in store that isn't just a couple of hastily put together Looker missions where you run through the fucking grass to catch a few babbytier ultrashits with one beast ball.

I've been disappointed one too many times by GF and their shenanigans, I simply won't give in until i'm certain that the games will impress me, if they don't fulfil my personal criteria, I shall simply skip them and save my money for the brand new Nintendo Switch(tm) Pokemon game.
>>
>>32860243
When can we even expect news at this point? The games out in a few months and we know virtually nothing, for SM we had a lot by now.
>>
>>32862112

>He thinks Gen 8 won't make Gen 7 look like Gen 6
>>
File: 1459528832606.jpg (43KB, 582x741px) Image search: [Google]
1459528832606.jpg
43KB, 582x741px
>/vp/ thinks a third version won't be good when Yellow, Crystal, and so on were good and better than the base versions

Why?
>>
>>32862225
because third versions are cash grab titles nbody asked for besides the scum of the earth
>>
>>32862225
Third versions are better yeah, but at this point it's like building a house on sand. The other thirds were good because they had an alright basis to build upon, but did SM really have anything that wasn't just outright mediocre or plain bad to build on?
>>
>>32862202
I expect that starting next week we will get a new video at the beginning and middle of a month just like SM, I hope they go around just the important changes (Facilities, new forms, features) and don't spoil the entire thing like the previous games.
>>
>>32862242
the problem here anon, is that sun and moon were inherently shit, game freak are no longer making the first iteration of said title GOOD anymore, it's almost as if they're purposefully leaving out content in the main game just to throw it in the third installment and make it seem as if they thought up something new, it's fucking ridiculous at this point, no different from amiibos or any other pay-to-play incentive bullshit DLC cashgrab
>>
>>32860243
Third versions always sell far worse. They are like GOTY versions. They are the definitive version and leave little reason to play the first versions. Unlike remakes that change a lot of the game making them almost completely different, third version just fix the problems with the original.

I liked SM but haven't replayed them. I hope USM makes you more excited to do multiple playthroughs like earlier pokemon games.
>>
>>32860351
They're the second best selling "3rd version" games. What is with this meme that "BW2 didn't sell well wah!"
>>
>>32862282
Let's hope we get something next week or so at the start of July, then. I'm getting a bit nervous with the lack of new info. Like, I wanna be excited, but...
>>
>>32860282
Actually, there holding out likely because the amount of content to show off is small like other 3rd versions. Emerald and Platinum just had Gym rematches and the Battle Frontier.

New Z-Moves 100%. Walking Pokemon has a very good chance of returning. I am not sure about new MEs though.

They already showed off more customization so no need to advertise that further. Move Tutors don't need announcement.

The biggest question about USUM is who the director is. That will tell us what to really expect. But we might not get that until Sept or Oct in an interview closer to release.
>>
>>32860286
Yes, but they had huge reveals. This one practically only had a cameo in a Pokken focusd direct.
>>
What if the games are shit like sun and moon. People buy it and gamefreak sees nothing wrong with game because sales are great.

It could go both ways. So better wait for user reviewers not fake critic reviews
>>
>>32863386
A third version won't outsell the original versions and these games are a literal direct upgrade from the originals, so that won't happen
>>
>>32860243
>being this much of a new fag
We'll get info next corocoro. The corocoro after than, and every corocoro until the games release. They have 5 fucking months to gives us news. A direct, some commercials, literally anything could happen in the next 5 months. Stop being an impatient retard.
>>
>>32860470
>>32860327
Show me where Crystal, Emerald, or even Platinum were marketed as "alternate stories" or kill yourselves. Thanks.
>>
>>32862282
>I hope they go around just the important changes and don't spoil the entire thing like the previous games
You can bet your ass they will spoil everything before the games release. They did with ORAS, and yet again with SM, while hiding away the mediocre shit.

If they don't release a friggin' demo, we won't have to worry about datamining.
>>
>>32862223
What does that mean? It will make gen 7 look like terrible? Because that's whats gonna happen. Even though sun and moon are good games, they look like ps2 games
>>
>Pokemon
>flopping
>ever
>>
>>32860243
I think i will bethe opposite. It will be SM with just few tweaks here and there (so more of a Yellow than lets sa Platinum) and they wont flop because GF will introduce like 20 new alola forms an this entire board and beyond will be like "OMG Alolan Bellsprout is wearing a hat, so kewl! *fap fap fap* OMG Alolan Voltorb is blue and black and doesnt look angry, super creative! *fap fap fap* OMG Magikarp has its own 90 second long Z-move KEWL"

And so on.
>>
>>32866595
Yeah these games are so cheap to make.

I don't see how they can flop
>>
>>32860243
>inb4 this only add new forms for box legendary and nothing else other than more flowers and thr supposedly "new" story
Ill be so fucking mad
>>
Who gives a fuck about these shit filler games when we have GEN 8 ON DA SWITCH BAYBEEE
>>
>>32866536
Found the graphics fag.
>>
>>32867682
The only fag here is you
>>
>>32867653
Have the first games of a generation been good at all recently
>>
>>32867691
Sm and bw
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.