[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: tier list.jpg (1MB, 3988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
tier list.jpg
1MB, 3988x2988px
Talk about your favorites and your least favorites.
Keep discussion civil. No retarded genwars, please.

So what's you guys' favorite game in the series and why? HGSS was a fantastic remake in every aspect, but I really liked Gen 5's great and continued story.
>>
File: owlfags be like.jpg (49KB, 652x652px) Image search: [Google]
owlfags be like.jpg
49KB, 652x652px
>owlcucks
>>
>>32859237
oh boy I can't wait to see how this thread turns out
>>
File: shit.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>people STILL defend this horseshit
>>
File: Skull.png (281KB, 555x571px) Image search: [Google]
Skull.png
281KB, 555x571px
>>32859237
Your list is close to mine but I would put sun and moon in decent tier and put platinum in "pretty great" tier

Also would move FRLG to pretty great
>>
File: 1482723812917.png (198KB, 1430x906px) Image search: [Google]
1482723812917.png
198KB, 1430x906px
>>
I don't see it being civil for long, but I'll at least contribute until it goes to shit.

B2W2 > Platinum > HGSS = Emerald > FRLG = SM > BW >= ORAS > DP > Crystal > RS > XY > RBY > GS

Started in gen 1 with Yellow. Gotten every single version since, and beaten every version at least twice.
>>
>>32859266
Emerald and ORAS are pretty far apart, what's the reason?
>>
>favorite
3, FRLG are near perfect games and Emerald is pretty awesome
>least favorite
4, Sinnoh is a mixed bag and HGSS didn't fixed its postgame levels which was a big issue back in gen 2, the first half is pretty amazing and the new features are great though
>>
asking /vp/ to be civil is like asking a kid to stop being childish
>>
>>32859281
Drop in difficulty, and, as generic as it sounds, lack of Battle Frontier are the main two concerns.

There's also the fact ORAS lacked story elements that Emerald introduced. the Delta Episode hardly cuts it, and while I'd be far more lenient if FRLG was the previous remake, it wasn't, HGSS was, and HGSS had Crystal elements.

Also to pre-empt a follow-up question I'm expecting: HGSS, while not perfectly, did fix numerous issues GSC had, all while making it more difficult. There are still a few key issues it didn't fix, but there's only so much you can do in a single game.
>>
>>32859237
>gen 5 on top
>listing remakes and not original games
>"XY was baaaaaaad"
>"but ORAS was just fine"
yeah, uh, no
>>
>>32859322
I don't really play games when there's "the same game, but better" available to me.
And I never said XY was bad? I like all games. It's a list of favorites.
>>
>RGB started it I guess, it's fun to fuck with its oddities. Yellow improves on it a good deal.
>GS is a thing, but why bother when there's Crystal and HGSS? I like Crystal the most for its aesthetics.
>RS is a thing, but why bother when you have Emerald and ORAS? FRLG improves a lot on RGBY, and is the only remake to not fuck anything up. Emerald is overall really solid, can't really go wrong with it.
>DP is the epitome of whatever. Platinum is a slightly less whatever whatever. Fuck HGSS, Johto's only super cool for the aesthetics, and it ain't the same, it's pretty good otherwise though I guess.
>BW1 is full of fucking bullshit but if you can see through it or actually like that crap there's some pretty cool shit beyond it. BW2 has just as much fucking bullshit but there's even more cool shit to be found beyond it.
>XY singleplayer is full of wasted potential, but it was the only game I enjoyed doing online multiplayer stuff in. ORAS is another flavor to enjoy Hoenn in, though it really just makes you wish it had all the shit that made Emerald cool on top of its own cool shit.
>SM is basically a BW1 scenario all over again but with more bullshit in some areas, less bullshit in other areas, and way less cool shit beyond the bullshit.
>>
>>32859237
SSS
>Em
>Pt
>BW2

Pretty Great
>HGSS
>FRLG
>BW
>SM
>XY
>ORAS
>>
File: Rantarou cardigan.png (546KB, 888x567px) Image search: [Google]
Rantarou cardigan.png
546KB, 888x567px
For local play and side content, Platinum's my favorite. All sorts of good things like the underground, Battle Frontier, PBR connectivity, and contests. Messing around with the villa and using the Poke Radar was a lot of fun.
For single player battling, White 2's great, too. While difficulty modes were shoddily handles, if you were able to play on Hard mode, the game becomes a lot more fun, with varied enemy teams all over the place. The side content like the PWT and Treehollow make things even better. While I preferred Platinum's side content overall, White 2 has some pretty cool stuff, like the hidden grottoes, catching N's Pokemon, and references to the first game.
For online, I love X. Trainer customization and the PSS make things much more convenient for the average player and add variety when playing with one another, and making it easier to breed strong mons and get shiny Pokemon means there's a much larger community for battling and trading, since more people are able to legitimately get competitively bred Pokemon or shinies. Wonder Trading makes it easy to collect bred Pokemon, too, so other players can share Pokemon and make their own dream teams.
>>
>>32859243
>starter wars
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.