[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alolan Johto Starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

If the Johto Starters get Alola forms which is doubtful because Megas make more sense. But it should also make sense for said starters to get Alola forms because they have a tropical vibe to them.

Alolan Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium
Type: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Triage
HA: Overgrow
Base Stats:
45/49/75/49/75/25
60/62/90/63/90/40
80/82/110/83/110/60
Can learn: Petal Dance, Dazzling Gleam, Synthesis, Aromatic Mist, Giga Drain, Earth Power and Focus Blast

Alolan Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
Type: Fire/Ground
Ability: Sheer Force
HA: Blaze
Base Stats:
39/67/33/65/40/65
58/84/48/80/55/80
78/104/68/109/75/100
Can learn: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Energy Ball, Earth Power, Eruption, Rock Slide

Alolan Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Strong Jaw
HA: Torrent
Base Stats:
50/75/64/34/48/43
65/90/80/49/63/58
85/115/100/69/83/78
Can learn: Aqua Tail, Crunch, Agility, Ice Fang, Superpower, Sucker Punch, Aqua Jet, Dragon Dance and Knock Off
>>
>>32857886
>because they have a tropical vibe to them
what
>>
>>32857903
Flowers, Volcanoes and... Crocodilians.

Anyway, what do you think?
>>
>>32858020
I think that you're boring and have no originality.
>>
If Cynda line was originally volcanoes, for a tropical island they should be either underwater volcanoes (which made Hawaii in the first place) or something based on volcano gods

So Fire/Water or Water/Ground with an ability that makes water types turn into ground types when hit by a fire move for the first idea. It could have heated water coming out of its pelt that becomes a rocky covering. Kind of like a watery pangolin

For the second it could be Fire/Poison and have its pelt have tribal Hawaiian designs on it. It could also have a kind of upper fur thing resembling a headdress instead of flames. The vents would produce more smoke than fire to represent the active nature of Hawaii's volcanoes.
>>
>>32858751
>Smoke-themed Typhlosion

I like this idea.
>>
>>32858751
Kiawai trail for Cindy
>>
>>32858767
I'm glad

Next, Totodile

I was thinking either Water/Fighting or Water/Dark and going more towards Croconaw's caveman aesthetic, but changing it to be more tribal. Basically, Totodile would become a bit more tribal in design, Croconaw would get a spear or traditional Hawaiian weapon, and Feraligatr would end up looking like some warrior king. Maybe take inspiration from King Kamehameha or something. Give it an ability that boosts the damage of moves based on weaponry, like Bone Rush or icicle spear.
>>
>>32857886
Be it megas or Alolan forms, it would be interesting if you were given a choice between the three after the first trial, much like you were given a Kanto starter in XY.

Though, with that in mind, the types you gave them sound more like Mega Types, rather then Alolan Types.
>>
>>32858793
Finally, Chikorita.

There are a lot of directions you could go with Chikorita. You could turn it into a Loch Ness monster, or change the design of its plant.

Of course, I would personally redesign it to something that really symbolized Hawaii: those aloha flowers on the shirts.

Chikorita would start off with a small flower already on its head, instead of a leaf. It would also have a lei instead of those buds on its neck. Aside from that, it would be pinkish-white.

Bayleef would become more of a creamy-pink. Kind of like vanilla ice cream with a cherry on top. Its lead would be replaced by a bigger flower with those little pollen things sticking out, similar to Lilligant's hat. It would also have two alternating colors of flowers around its neck, red and white. It would gain a fairy type at this stage. It would also have a brown nub at the end of it's bottom where a tail would be.

Finally, Meganium.

Meganium would have a massive lily or whatever on it's head, with two of those middle things slicked back to resemble its antenna, and the center of the flower resembling a crown. It would have flowers growing on its body like spots, and red, white, and blue flowers around its neck connected by vines in lines where it's flower originally was. It will also have a fat vinelike tail extending behind it with the vines from the flowers converging into a large flower at the tip. The tail itself would be textured like a palm tree or rough vine, and used for attacking.
>>
>>32857886
>alolan typhlosion
FRAIL
>>
>>32858866
MIXED
>>
>>32858906
At least it's not slow.
>>
>>32857886
Why not make the gimmick that they have dual typing within the beginner 3 typing to emphasis the weird Alolaness?

Alolan Meganium is based off Margrove and Grass/water. Loves tending to trees for their fruit and resting with it's body in the sand in the middle of the tide (high tide is it's favorite time to do this). Has abilities and moves involving berries that are good.

Feralligator is Water/Fire and it's thing is that it hangs around/searches for sauna's in the cold mountains. Also willing OT warm up bodies of water for fellow other Pokemon. Unique abiltiy is Steam Cloak where on top of being immune to water moves if hit by one it is cloaked by steam and the next move is completely hidden (from you asides from damage) in which after it's used it will then disappear.

Typhlosion Fire/grass with Dancer as an ability. It's exposure in Alola turned it into a pokemon that seeks out rythmic beats to let out it's explosive passion. Known to crash parties to dance at them to show off it's moves. Getting a wedding crashed by a trope of Alolan Typhlosions is a sign of a marriage full of fortune.
New ability is called Tempo and whenever the opponent uses any boosting move Typhlosion get +1 in speed.
>>
>>32858913
True
>>
>>32859036
>Alolan Typhlosion crashing a party
I want someone to draw this.
>>
>>32859073
I got bored.
>>
>>32858020
Cyndaquil is based on an echidna and Typhlosion is a badger.

Chikorita line are herbs combined with dinosaurs.

Alligators and crocodiles live in swamps and rivers.

There is nothing even slightly tropical about any of those.
>>
These Pokemon aren't getting Alolan forms. They're already available in Alola via Island Scan.
>>
>>32859416
>volcano
>hibiscus
>crocodile
>not tropical
you're basically saying pangoro would live in Japan because it's based on a bancho instead of china because it's based on a panda
>>
>>32859533
that's not an agumenrt in a retelling
anyway they're not getting one because they're starter
it's mega or nothing
>>
File: JohtoMegas.jpg (185KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
JohtoMegas.jpg
185KB, 1280x800px
I just want pic related, come on Gamefreak don't be gay.
>>
>>32859416
> Alligators and Crocodiles live in swamps and rivers
> There is nothing even slightly tropical about any of those.
Ok behold this map of the tropical region of the world
>>
File: 28123_r646x485.jpg (46KB, 646x485px) Image search: [Google]
28123_r646x485.jpg
46KB, 646x485px
>>32859416
>>32861007
Now Behold this map of where Crocodilians live
>>
File: Archer.jpg (40KB, 620x567px) Image search: [Google]
Archer.jpg
40KB, 620x567px
>>32859416
>>32861007
>>32861012
Now Please behold your own stupidity
>>
File: 1474061887579.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
1474061887579.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>32859416
>>32861007
>>32861012
BTFO
>>
>>32859375
10/10. I really want this now.
>>
Want to design my own variants for these 3. Can anyone help me with ideas for Grass/Steel Chikorita line, Fire/Ground Cyndaquil line, and Water/Ice Totodile line?
>>
>>32861414
Sure. You can start by picking better type combos.
>>
>>32859809
I guess it's nothing because there won't be any more Megas.
>>
>>32861007
>>32861012
Pretty sure Cyndaquil could retroactively fall under the chinchilla umbrella which is technically tropical haha
>>
Mega or bust anon
>>
Wouldn't a Grass/Dragon Chikorita line, Fire/Electric Cyndaquil line, and Water/Fighting Totodile line be better than this?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.