[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people shit on XY and SM because of muh nostalgia pandering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ogt8u1ewol1tzhveyo1_500.png (160KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogt8u1ewol1tzhveyo1_500.png
160KB, 500x281px
>people shit on XY and SM because of muh nostalgia pandering
>yet they praise the PWT from B2W2 which does the same thing
>>
it's okay when gen 5 does it
>>
>>32854091
nice bait thread, but i'll bite
PWT does it right
It doesn't pander to a specific generation, it includes every single one. People complain about pandering in XY and SM because it only panders to the first generation; there's only Alola forms for Gen 1 Pokemon, you get free kanto starters in Gen 6, etc.
>>
>>32854091
I think it's because XY and SM pander so heavily to gen one specifically, whereas the PWT hits every gen pretty equally.
>>
It's okay when Kanto doesn't do it

Personally, it's all shallow shit that ultimately adds nothing to the experience brand new content couldn't, which region gets favoritism is nothing to me
>>
It's because the PWT brought back tons of old characters and celebrated the entire history of the franchise, while XY and SM just gave an incredibly tired blowjob to gen 1.

It's literally been outright stated that they do it to appeal to people that haven't played Pokemon since gen 1 by tossing in a bunch of shit they're familiar with and make the game seem more welcoming and familiar to them. The PWT didn't do this.
>>
>>32854091
Nostalgia Pandering is a meme taken too far
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.