[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0319.jpg (607KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0319.jpg
607KB, 1520x2688px
Was this a mistake?
>>
>>32852991
no
>>
>water outclassing ice
yes
>>
I just played with a type chart right next to me before anyways, this makes zero difference to me
>>
File: 1484645442391.gif (969KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1484645442391.gif
969KB, 294x233px
>>32852991
Anyone autistic enough to care about it already had the type chart memorized anyway.
>>
I don't care since I know my matchups anyway
I guess it's a mistake in the sense that they wasted time doing this instead of something else
>>
>>32852991
no, it's actually a great addition for those like me that have been playing for 18 years without ever studying the type chart, thus having every typing's resistances/weaknesses memorized bar one or two holes. It also makes things easier for kids, knowing the type chart is just mere notion dump into your brain and doesn't make you a better player anyway.
>>
Honestly it didn't bother me at all, I barely noticed it.
>>
I didn't noticed anything but gen 7 the video games and anime are really dumbed down for kids.

Yo Kai watch scared the shit out of them
>>
Pretty good, I play since gen 1 and I just overlevel my starter and 1 shot with stab.
This really helped me learn typings.
>>
>>32852991
Yes it's a fine quality of life thing that should have been here for ages,
Also it's not like you don't need to learn the type chart, as it won't help you with switch-ins
>>
>>32852991
Aside for the fact you won't see this shit ingame the first time you meet a new pokémon, even if that wasn't the case, no, not at all.

Also this gen meta brought many weird combinations this time it even helped me.

For example I though psychic resisted poison for some reason since I literally never tried attacking with a poison attack any psychihc mon. Instead this thing taught me I can fuck Lele with my Alolan Muk anytime.
>>
>>32853094
Oh just you wait

>gen 8 (fuck possibly even USUM)
>attack effectiveness is displayed in the switch screen in respect to the pokemon the opponent is about to send out
>you get to pick what to send out first after encountering a wild pokemon
>>
>>32852991
No, that's a fine moveset for Cloyster.
>>
This helped me learn the weird matchups like Ghost and Fighting resisting Bug
>>
>>32853207
>No shell smash
>razor shell
No it isn't.
>>
File: 1375735372210.gif (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1375735372210.gif
48KB, 600x600px
>know that gengar's ability was changed from levitate
>saw "super-effective ground" vs a gastly
>assumed they must have changed gastly and haunter's abilities as well
>no damage
>>
>>32853142
The first won't happen because it would ruin the point of battles and even GF isn't retarded enough to do so specially after aknowledging the "competitive" scene, the second could happen but it would be optional since it's wasted time at every encounter for people who don't care, so you shouldn't care either way.
>>
>>32853225
Funny you should mention that. That picture I took was taken during the gladion battle at lanikila. Just got to the pokemon center and pushed hau's shit in (don't have any heart scales yet anyway)
>>
>>32853062
>It also makes things easier for kids
Found the problem
>>
>>32853266
>even GF isn't retarded enough
>>
>>32852991
Yeah. Maybe as bad for older players, but for new Players, it ruins the experience of finding out how typings work and what is SE on what though logic or experiments.
Now the new kids playing Pokemon can't experience finding out that Ghost resists Bug or something else.
>>
>>32853388
>it ruins the experience

What experience? The best reaction you could give to this crap is "oh okay" and that's it.
Don't act as if finding out how a shitty matrix works is something fun.
>>
>>32853388
But it doesn't show if you haven't encountered and/or captured yet right?
Or is my memory failing me? Anyways, if you post on the Pokémon board and don't know the Type Chart from memory along with every Pokemon's type you should off yourself tbqh.
>>
I like it. It helps teach new players type match-ups as they play. For example, if Charizard has a fire, fighting, and flying attack, people would naturally opt for the fire attack against ice. Now new players can see that Fighting also hits SE for future reference.
>>
>>32852991
I think it's fair, you only unlock it after battling that type of pokemon, so it's kind of like learning from experience except now you don't have to end up memorising an entire chart of data.
>>
Honestly, no. People shouldn't be complaining that this makes the game too easy because this isn't the only thing that makes combat difficult in general. The game's difficulty should never hinge on somebody's ability to remember all the type advantages.
>>
>>32853091
i still dont understand typings because of dual type mons
>>
>>32852991
sort of
they should change it so it will only show you the effectiveness after you have tested that type of move on the pokemon in question, rather than filling it all out automatically after one encounter
>>
People complaining about this are outing themselves as normies who don't have every single mechanic in the games memorized.
>>
>>32853094
Doesn't it? I think I remember seeing the labels with the effectiveness when I'm choosing what pokémon I can switch in.
>>
>the game tells me something that I already know
I don't see the problem.
>>
It wasn't, but they should have used it as an excuse to make the single-player fights interesting in other ways now that they know everyone has all of the rock-paper-scissors information at their fingertips.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.