[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annyone else not having the same fun with GEN VII/VI as previous gens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: update 17 pic 7_zpss5mssblq.png (87KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
update 17 pic 7_zpss5mssblq.png
87KB, 320x240px
idk why but i get bored of those games fast, fast!
When im platinum and emerald i coulndnt put it down.
>>
Honestly after playing 3ds games I really can't finish any other Pokemon games.

The battles not in motion is very weird
>>
>>32851283
there's some things missing like GEN V-VII pokemon and features, but platinum is op
>>
that was over a decade ago. you grew the fuck up is what happened.
>>
Agreed OP

It's just not the same
>>
>>32851881
then why i enjoyed super mystery dungeon or BW2?
>>
File: IMG_1714.jpg (87KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1714.jpg
87KB, 540x405px
>>32851270
Literally everyone here. It's like now that they've become successful and mainstream, Game Freak just doesn't put their heart and soul into these games anymore in favor of releasing them on time and more quickly. Ever since X and Y, even though they're all still generally fine Pokemon games, you can kinda tell they're mostly just doing it for the money now.
>>
>>32851920
Because you were younger then. And you had played these games fewer times.

It's completely unsurprising that you'd get bored with your 10th Pokemon game quicker than your 5th.
>>
>>32851964
I don't perceive any real difference in Gamefreak's "effort" now than 10 years ago. I think you're just older now, and certain aspects of the series that have always been there are just more apparent to you now.

>now that they've become successful and mainstream
Pokemon has literally never been more "successful and mainstream" than it was with Gen I.
>>
>>32851981
SM/XY sold 16m how are they not mainstream?
>>
>>32852011
I didn't say they're not mainstream. Of course they are. But you said "now that they've become successful and mainstream," suggesting that in your view it's only recently that Pokemon has become "successful and mainstream." And I'm saying that's wrong, that the series has been "successful and mainstream" since the very start, and that therefore your explanation for Gamefreak's alleged recent lack of effort cannot be correct.
>>
>>32851981
>>32851972
I've been replaying all the gens recently and I can confirm that the 3DS games feel like a drag to finish compared with the older gens. I don't think it's nostalgia, the quality of the games just isn't the same as before. They keep removing useful features in favor of bringing them back in later gens. Yes this was always a thing but it's become worse now that they even went as far as removing the National Dex. They don't even run fluently on 3DS hardware. I don't think it's nostalgia at all.
>>
>>32852039
*I meant to say later games, not gens.

>>32852037
I definitely think they went down in popularity and went back up with the 3DS games and after the Pokemon Go craze.
>>
>>32852055
>I definitely think they went down in popularity and went back up with the 3DS games and after the Pokemon Go craze.
Yeah, absolutely true. But if >>32851964's theory is that this resurgence in popularity allowed Gamefreak to become lazy, I just don't think that holds water. Pokemon has never *not* been popular. It's just been a matter of degree, and even since the Go craze last summer, it's still not at its all-time peak of the late '90s. Even taking into account the increased sales from Go, remember that S/M came out only a few months after Go released; it would have been complete or very nearly so before the new popularity became apparent. There would have been no way for Gamefreak to adjust their behavior at that point. They couldn't say "look how popular we are now, I guess we can take it easy on S/M and not put in some of those features we were considering," because S/M was already complete by that point.
>>
>>32852039
The national dex is probably not coming back, i expect them to do a regional dex like SM for now
>>
>>32851270
3D was a mistake
>>
>>32851964
>Literally everyone here
Oh, if only. The stuff I've seen Gamefreak drones justify and praise have nearly given me an aneurysm at times.

The Pokemon fanbase is literally the only fanbase I've seen that praises and even encourages the removal of well loved features. It's insane. It must be some sort of stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>32852149
>The Pokemon fanbase is literally the only fanbase I've seen that praises and even encourages the removal of well loved features. It's insane. It must be some sort of stockholm syndrome.

I've literally never seen anyone praise the removal of features. Accept it as the series' usual way of doing things, sure. But actually be happy about it? Where have you seen that?
>>
>>32852204
The pokemon fanbase loves to have GEN 1 pokemon again,because screw 2-6 and more importantly 7.
They also love shit rused games, why do you think they're aganist GEN 8 having exploration?
>>
>>32851270
I lasted like 1k+ hours on both XY and ORAS and like 500 hours on older games and that is WITHOUT playing online but I didn't even last for 50 hours on S/M because of how boring and shitty the game is. I can't even remember when was the last time I played it, I am thinking of skipping or maybe even stop playing pokemon for now because I know that it is not the same game that I love and enjoy playing all night.
>>
>>32852149
The truth is fanbase was never happy with removals. For example, getting rid of PSS, horde battles and National Dex.
A lot of players hate Plaza since it interrupts gameplay way to much. PSS was fast and you could use it in seconds. Plaza has 4 additional 4 screenes before you can do anthing. Secondly, hordes was a fast way to train EV and obtain a Shiny. And National Dex - without it Wonder Trade got killed. You can go to Wonder Trade in SM and you can barely receive anything than Magikarp.
>>
>>32852257
Let's pray GEN 8 is 2018, so this shit gen finishes already
>>
>>32851881
You don't get it. If we grew up then the old games would be just as boring as the new ones. Replaying the old ones I have more fun than replaying the new ones. Platinum, HGSS and BW2 are objectively more fun than Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32852290
>If we grew up then the old games would be just as boring as the new ones.

Nostalgia.
>>
I tried replaying HGSS, Platinum and B2 a few weeks ago, but i had to put them all down after half an hour.

It's just impossible to play older games now because of how slow everything is.
Emerald, Gen4 as a whole and B2 were my favorite games, but i can't play any of them anymore.

But i don't think it's because i grew up, it's because all of the new features since Gen6 and 7 and how fast battles and scrolling through boxes got.
I enjoyed ORAS a lot even though it was basically the same as RS, so i am pretty sure its just the speed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.