[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pokemon alt. ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 14

hey /vp/, first time postin' here, lookin' for some critique. been working on a game on my own time, it's still in the very very beginning stages, but i'm looking for some critique on my ideas and would like opinions from outside sources.
that, and this is also a drawthread, i will gladly draw and work on any ideas anyone comes up with or wishes to see created.
will post the rest of the art in replies.
(i apologize in advance for the quality. bad camera.)
>>
>>32849899
Kiln Baltoy
Ground/Fire
Water Absorb/Storm Drain (Hidden Ability is Mega Launcher)
Evolves into Claydol @ lv. 36, holding a Heat Rock(?)
“This Baltoy morph, unlike its Hoenn relatives, is hollow. Inside its chest and head, a bright flame burns. It is believed to be its life source. It makes pottery out of mud and bakes it in its body, and the clay works made by this Pokemon are beautiful. The smokestacks on its arms are used for self-defense: It puffs out thick black smoke to overwhelm its opponent. However, the smokestack on its head is believed to be how it breathes. Covering it will make Baltoy woozy and disoriented until it is either uncovered or the Pokemon faints from lack of oxygen.”
Gains access to Fire-type moves and other theme-fitting moves: Incinerate, Mud Slap, Rapid Spin, Ember, Smokescreen, Rock Tomb, Flame Burst, Ancient Power, Scald, Mud Bomb, Explosion, Flamethrower, Rock Blast, Barrage, Earth Power, Sandstorm, Fire Blast, Octozooka
Kiln Claydol
Ground/Fire
Water Absorb/Storm Drain (Hidden Ability is Mega Launcher)
“This Claydol form’s body is completely hollow, but the clay it is composed of is extremely dense and heavy. This Pokemon, through evolution (and not the leveling kind) lost the ability to float and disconnect its arms from its body via psychic manipulation. However, its arms are now powerful smokestack-cannons that it uses to launch smoke, burning lumps of heavy clay, and flames at opponents. When a Kiln Claydol is angered, the smoke emanating from its body becomes thicker and darker in color, and is dangerous to inhale. The fire in its body is said to be its life source, and impossible to extinguish. Like its previous form, it creates beautiful works of pottery and, in a testament to its normally benevolent nature, cooks berries and other foods for Pokemon in its territory.”
(movepool same as Baltoy, but levels are different)
>>
Saguaro Cacnea
Grass/Fighting
Shadow Tag/Dark Aura (Hidden Ability is Scrappy)
Evolves into Cacturne at lv. 32 when holding Expert Belt(?)
“Like its Hoenn cousin, this Pokemon stores water in its body and dwells in especially arid regions. While normal Cacnea prefer more scrubland-like environments, Saguaro Cacnea makes its home in more foliage-devoid places. It draws prey to it by pretending to be a saguaro cactus and using the sweet, water-based nectar in its flower. Once its target has fallen for its guise, Cacnea attacks by either wrapping its long arms around the opponent and squeezing, causing the serrated spines on its body to dig in, or by flailing wildly and bludgeoning the opponent with its especially sharp arm-spines. Despite being a Fighting type, this Pokemon is no less cruel than its cousin.”
Gains access to multiple Fighting-type moves, larger movepool including Dark, Poison, Grass, and Ghost.
>>
>>32849906
Saguaro Cacturne
Grass/Fighting
Shadow Tag/Dark Aura (Hidden Ability is Scrappy)
“Saguaro Cacturne, much like its alternate form, preys upon weary travelers in its territory. However, instead of simply banding together and ganging up on its prey, it stalks its target throughout the day, standing stock-still in its trademark pose like a saguaro cactus when looked at. The Pokemon never gets close enough to its prey for them to distinguish it from a real cactus until it is too late. When night falls and its prey stops to rest, Saguaro Cacturne closes the space between its prey and finishes them in their sleep. Despite its cruel tactics while hunting, and its apparent preference for humans, it makes a point of not preying on fellow Pokemon, and will go out of its way to defend Pokemon in trouble, earning it nicknames like “The Desert Vigilante” and “The Desert Guardian”. This Pokemon also seems to take after the Unova region’s legends of old wild-west cowboys. Some believe its act of eating humans is actually its way of defending its territory, and that it really feeds via photosynthesis, but no one knows for sure. The spikes on its ankles and lower arms make a distinct rattling noise like boot spurs when it walks. If you believe you are being stalked by a Saguaro Cacturne, it is said you can tell by feigning a stop for rest and listening closely. If you hear the clinking of a Saguaro Cacturne’s spine-spurs, you are surely being stalked, and there are definitely more present than you think.”
>>
less-complete, more of concepts for possible fakemon and areas.

Reed Thickets: Swamp-burial ground, need permission to enter, legends told of those who are not allowed to enter go missing and never return from the swamps. Home to water-ghost-dark-bug types.
Kariba Town/Kariba Gorge: always under weather, usually rain, sometimes thunderstorms-- very rarely, completely clear weather. Home to water-electric-dark types.

pkmn:
Pizudike, the Pike Fish Pokemon and Mazukui, the River Stalker Pokemon.
Pizudike is 4 feet long, Mazukui is 12 feet long.
Both are water/ghost.
Nile Pike and Mazunda Fish (pizudike-mazukui)

diving beetle-whipporwhil beetle, no name yet. water/fighting or bug/fighting or bug/water.
Vundish, the Sqeaker Catfish Pokemon and Squivunish, the Vibration Fish Pokemon.
Vundish is 1 foot long, Squivunish is 4 feet long.
Vundish is Fairy type, Squivunish is water/fairy.
Vundu Fish and Squeaker Catfish.
Carcharmor, the Steel Forge Pokemon and Harmorhead, the Ironworker Pokemon.
Carcharmor is 2 feet long, Harmorhead is 15 feet long.
Carcharmor is water/fire, Harmorhead is water/fire.
Hammerhead sharks, armor, carcharadontae.
Paphoul, the Papyrus Plant Pokemon, and Goolrys(?), the Ensnare Plant Pokemon.
Paphoul is 1 foot tall, Goolrys is 7 feet tall.
Paphoul is grass/ghost, Goolrys is grass/dark.
Papyrus plants of the African Congo said to trap and kill unwanted visitors.
Komalchemy, the Newt Pokemon, Alkymodo, the Komodo Dragon Pokemon, and Chemodo, the Soothsayer Pokemon.
Komalche is 2 feet tall, Alkymodo is 5 feet tall, Chemodo is 9 feet tall.
Komalche is poison, Alkymodo is poison/dragon.
Komodo dragon, soothsayers, witchdoctors, plague doctors.
Solonyami, the River Guardian Pokemon.
70 feet long.
Water/Dark
solomon fish and nyaminyami, an african river diety.
>>
>>32849914
pizudike and mazukui, bare-bones concepts.
>>
>>32849914
bare-bones solonyami concept.
>>
>>32849899
A water/dragon mudkip line
>>
>>32849925
adding that to the list, thank you! i've had someone suggest a haka-based torchic line that's fire/dark or fire/ground, and im glad you suggested that! now all i need is the treecko line.
>>
the zard line was the first one i created, hence the more detail, and the 'toise line was the last and i was tired by the end of it and so i just bullshit the concept.

that being said:
Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise get alolan-esque forms, all changing to water/poison. abilities are poison touch/poison point/merciless.

charmander, charmeleon, and charizard become fire/ground, and get stamina, sheer force, and flame body, iirc.

bulbasaur, ivysaur, and venusaur become grass/fairy and get serene grace/natural cure.

still working. need to get megas finished.
>>
>>32849946
Voodoo Shuppet, Banette, and Mega Banette, no POKeDEX entries but have the general ideas. ghost/fairy or even ghost/normal. abilities are in pic.
>>
>>32849956
nothing set except for design for these, and possibly type. prowler duskull line.
>>
>>32849960
barebones concepts, dragon/fire charizard, dragon/water gyarados, dragon/bug venomoth, grass/ghost parasect.
>>
>>32849965
work in progress of an alternate form for sunkern and sunflora. god knows they're shitty and it'd be hilarious to me to make them good in some way. grass/fire.
>>
>>32849974
forgot the pic.
gonna go sleep and check on this thread when i'm up again.
>>
Your designs are AMAZING. I love them.
>>
>>32849899
Grass/electric treeko. These designs are cool op
>>
>>32849899
What is this game called? Also, ice/steel oshawott line with flash fire.
>>
>>32850169
Currently, i don't have a name for it-- like i said, waaaay in the early stages, but the region is gonna be a big amalgamate of africa, the phillipines, and australia. if anything, i'll probably stick to gems for the names because that's the easiest thing.

(i.e. zircon/jade/topaz/etc etc)
>>
dug up some more concepts to keep the thread alive.
>>
>>32850481
Corphish's new design is now based off a weary-but-dutiful cop: tired eyes, almost always standing at attention, answers trainer commands with salutes and what can only be assumed are "yes sir/ma'am" (even if it's just blubbering like "corphoshshshrhs". the sentiment is there.) it has a very strong sense of justice and when in the wild, it takes it upon itself to protect the pokemon and even the people in its territory. like normal corphish it is an extremely hardy pokemon and can survive near-anywhere, and this certainly benefits its self-appointed role. it will take on any adversary, regardless of whether or not it thinks it will win or lose, and is very protective of its trainer. every now and then, corphish may get into brawls with one another, but they're short-lived and never pose any real threat to each other. they have extra antennae/spines on their body, getting smaller as they go down its back. i like to imagine corphish's name is a play on Corps (like. millitary corps) and fish.
"This POKeMON has tasked itself with patrol and protection of its territory, usually a pond or stream. It enforces its rules with strict (but fair) judgement, and often lets many 'ne'er-do-wells' go with just a warning."
>>
>>32850486
now for Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt's new design is going for a more rogue-brutish/corrupt cop, a 'loose cannon', 'i have a badge and can do whatever i want' sort of thing. The star on its head has become translucent and is now a pair of TTLG shades, and you can still tell it's got the tired-but-determined look going. it still has the antennae-spines like Corphish, more ragged and sharp looking pincers, and scars covering its body. (POKeDEX always says it has lots of scars on its body if it's older or more experienced. but they never showed them, so. hey.) Crawdaunt's now much more aggressive like normal ones and all that jazz. it's merciless and malevolent, but holds a soft spot for its trainer and will defend it to the death (much like a Gardevoir). They still believe themselves to be the enforcer of justice in their territories, but their much harsher regiment and punishments often drive pokemon out of their territory. This causes it to relocate often, and an Awful Crawdaunt will never stay in the same territory twice, nor any one for very long. Crawdaunt can also be 'paid off' by its victims, usually by something shiny or some sort of edible that grabs its attention. Oddly enough, it's much harsher toward humans compared to its actions toward fellow Pokemon.
"This POKeMON harasses others and often uses its strength with ill intentions. It is feared by all, and for good reason: Many POKeMON and humans alike have gone missing after ending up on CRAWDAUNT's bad side."
Their normal Abilities are Marvel Scale for both, and Hidden Abilities are Justified(Corphish)and Intimidate/Moxie(Crawdaunt).
>>
>>32850486
Oxidated Pawniard and Bisharp
>>
>>32850498
Decomposer Grimer and Muk
>>
>>32850510
alternate golett line form concepts.
>>
Dragon type yungoose line
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.