[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you buff Dusknoir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: dusknoir.png (378KB, 1154x692px) Image search: [Google]
dusknoir.png
378KB, 1154x692px
How would you buff Dusknoir
>>
>>32849789
Switch attack with hp and learn recover.
>>
>>32849789
Give it huge power
>>
Mega Evolution

40 to both defenses
40 to attack
-20 in speed
>>
+20 attack and a strong physical ghost move
>>
>>32849789
Swords dance, shadow force and or shadow claw, and levitate or iron fist.

It really lacks a decent physical stab. The best it has is shadow punch. Sneak is nice tech, but not a move that can be relied on when you need some really good neutral stab damage.

With the tools listed, it could be a potent trick room option, or its own trick room stand alone. Probably not OU or even UU material, but still much better than what it is now.
>>
You know what kind of annoyed me about Gen VII? It introduced three good physical Ghost-type moves (Spirit Shackle, Shadow Bone and Spectral Thief) that the likes of Dusknoir, Banette and Golurk would kill to have in their movepools, but they'll most likely never get them because none of those moves seem to fit any other Pokémon.

I suppose you could give Dusknoir Shadow Bone and make up some shit about how it pulls its bones out of different dimensions, but that seems a bit silly.
>>
>>32849824
>Samefag here

Even with what I said, it makes dusknoir a less effective A-Wak. Sure it's not weak to rocks and is bulkier, but A-Wak still has WAY more offensive pressure.
>>
>>32849838
All three of those moves are signature moves, so they don't really fit any existing Ghost-types.
>>
>>32849845
True, but it's not above game freak to give moves that were once signature to other pokemon in future installments...
>>
Secondary ability. Either Shadow Tag or Technician.
>>
>>32849789
>Now Ghost/fighting
>gets technician and mach punch
>>
>>32849855
>Technician shadow punch, sneak, rock tomb, thief, and...bind.

I guess it's not....the worst.

Give it iron fist. It gets a lot of punching moves, it has big-ass hands, and it's classified as the "Gripper Pokemon." It makes too much sense.
>>
>>32849879
I just said Shadow Tag which is miles better than any other offensive ability.
>>
>>32849789
I wouldn't, fuck it.
>>
>>32849911
>He doesn't want to fuck a Dusknoir
>>
>>32849886
Shadow tag would be nice, if not niche. You're a bit slow to utilize it well. What makes gothitelle so good with it is its ability to set up calm minds easily against a good bit of the cast, rest up, and run away with the game.

Wobbufett is a gimmick. Perfectly useable, but still a gimmick.

M-Gengar is fast and make for a really good perish-trapper.

What's dusknoir got going for it? Yeah, it can calm mind too, but then it's a lesser gothitelle. That base 65 spa with most likely no investment will get you nowhere fast, even at +6.

In perspective, 166 spa at x4 is 644, and mismagias timid can get to 618 with one nasty plot or two calm minds.
>>
>>32849886
Shadow tag is banned in OU and it would be outclassed by mega gengar in other formats so shadow tag wouldn't help it.
>>
Dusknoir-mega
45 hp
130 atk
170 defensa
65 spatk
170 spdf
45 speed

Ability: Iron Fist
>>
>>32849845
Shadow Bone most then likely will get distributed in later games, much like Solar Blade. One thing I've noticed is that mons introduced in Gen 7 when they evolve, they learn there signature moves by level up like Tsareena and Trop Kick or Golisopod and First Impression. Those that don't like Pollen Puff and Ribombee or Lurantis and Solar Blade will most likely get distributed in the future to other mons. It's probably not a solid way to know which moves might end up being given out and which will stay signature, but it still offers some ground.
>>
>>32849838
Lucario learns bonerush for some reason.
>>
>>32850144
It's a dog
>>
File: 17645208.jpg (103KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
17645208.jpg
103KB, 480x640px
>>32849789
Give it a Mega with a new ability that mirrors weather inducers.

>Dimension Shift:
>Causes Trick Room to be in play for 4 turns.

There, fixed.
>>
>>32850330
>straight to Ubers
>>
>>32849951
no one was talking about smogon
>>
>>32849789
A Ghost/Dark Mega Evolution with an ability like filter or solid rock
>>
Tell him that his life shined
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.