[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: images (4).jpg (13KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
13KB, 263x191px
Is this the most overrated game on this board?

What did it really do to substantially improve DP? I played a friend's copy once like 6 years ago I only really remember distortion world and that was pretty cool. I guess it fixed a couple of minor things like the shitty regional dex. Is that really it though?
>>
>>32849352
it fixed all it needed to. the only problem with DP was how slow it was and its terrible regional dex, it fixed both things and added a Battle Frontier on top.
>>
>>32849352
You forgot the battle frontier and the ability to catch all three box legends. I do think the game is overrated here, I generally don't see anyone other than people on /vp/ calling Platinum the best game.
>>
It is. DP is also the most underrated game. They're both just about okay.
>>
>>32849376
>It fixed both things

I love gen 4 but plat is still slow as fuck
>>
>>32849352
It fixed a lot of shit: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Platinum_Version#Changes_from_Pok.C3.A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl
>>
>>32849352
>More complete story
>Muh Lore
>Fixes to things like the pokedex
>Better postgame content
>Best looking legendary mascot
Of course
>The entire fucking distortion world, seriously fuck the layout of that place
>Underused new Galactic boss who sort of skulks around doing nothing most of the game
>>
>>32849352
The real strength of Platinum (and HGSS, for that matter) isn't necessarily what it did, but what came after it. Platinum has many flaws, but what it ultimately did right was build upon (or at least include) virtually every major mechanic that had been introduced in previous games.

From Gen 5 onward, there's a very noticeable shift toward features arbitrarily being removed from the series and never returning. Some of this stuff is the usual "wait for the real version :^)" shit, but not all. Things like contests, interesting battle facilities, and even the National Dex all gradually vanish, among countless other things. Unless this trend reverses the fanbase will always overrate Platinum, because it is the last original game in the series to attempt to be a definitive Pokémon experience.
>>
File: 1495742241379.png (182KB, 209x322px) Image search: [Google]
1495742241379.png
182KB, 209x322px
But Op, that's not BW2 being constantly pushed into your face by unovaborts.
>>
>>32849376
>the only problem with DP was how slow it was and its terrible regional dex
HMs in Sinnoh are fucking awful and they didn't fixed that, swamp and snow routes still slow you down too much which is a huge inconvenience
>Battle Frontier
Great, a RNG russian roulette that was never good save for one or two facilities
>>
>>32849352
What makes it so great is mostly due to what it came after.
It had enough changes to the overworld and general gameplay to make it worth a replay, and fixed all issues with DP. It also had a ton more fetures, like Wi-Fi poffin baking, a better amity square, the Wi-Fi plaza and the Global Terminal, as well as the Vs Recorder and the Battle Frontier, and a ton of more shit.
>>
>>32850628
The swamp route doesn't slow you down at all unless you're retarded enough to run into the dark patches. I'll give you HMs though, defog was awful and there was far too much cut and rock smash use in the late game.
>>
>>32850610
>there are people who think BW2 were good games
why
>>
Yes, along with Emerald.
>>
File: snowpoint gym.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
snowpoint gym.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>32849352
Gen 4 is the last gen where it felt like we got actual level design in the overworld.

3D detail is nice and all, but I miss puzzle rooms and mazes.
>>
>>32850585
>From Gen 5 onward, there's a very noticeable shift toward features arbitrarily being removed from the series and never returning.
You realise that's because the changes to said features were poorly received in gen 4 right? There's a reason why people call it the worst gen and it's not because of the speed.
>>
>>32850585
>Things like contests, interesting battle facilities, and even the National Dex all gradually vanish
Except for contests everything else was in BW2 to a far greater degree than Plat and HGSS.
>>
>>32851498
So you never played 5 and 6.
7 is the one that began simplifying cave designs and removing real puzzles
>>
>>32849352
I'm currently playing Platinum now. And god is it slow. I've been playing for 2 weeks and I only have 6 badges.
>>
Literally Baby's First Thread
>>
>>32851771
It started with ORAS mate. All the old puzzles are pretty much gone. The Sky Pillar is the greatest offender.
>>
>>32849352
Still more replayable then BW and BW2 together.
I have played both Gen 5 games twice and still barely remember the story and the trainers or whatever. Most of the content was strictly relying on wifi.

>>32850585
>tfw no more vs seeker

>>32851858
this is a shitpost
i'm still playing platinum, actually pre-3D game i have been playing the most, probably have played five times the maximum registered ingame time
only slow thing it happens to have is the battle facility rituals with "let me heal your team and shit"
>>
>>32852077
>Most of the content was strictly relying on wifi.
Not really no. Only the Dream World relied on it in BW1 everything else didn't need it. BW2 even rectifies the issue of not being able to get HA mon with grottoes and the dream radar.
>>
>>32851885
As someone who played both Emerald and ORAS... What puzzles?
I don't think much is missing in terms of puzzles. Meteor Falls is better than ever, and I don't really remember many puzzles around the part of the story where you catch rayquaza.
>>
>played plat in 2009
>didn't yet know about natures
>didn't have balltism
>had fun
>decide to replay platinum a few days ago
>spent all of yesterday soft resetting for a brave nature turtwig
>have spent all of today save-scumming for an adamant nature female shinx
WAKE ME UP INSIDE.
>>
>>32849352
>>32849352
It amazes me how this shit gets overrated this much.
It sucks like D/P, but sinnohfetuses cannot admit that their precious 4th gen is shit, so they have to say "y-yeah, D/P weren't that good, but Pt is GOTY!".
They are all the same shitty game, Platinum has some good additions but it is not enough to redeem it.
>>
>>32850705
because they are.
>>
>>32852579
Join Avenue, White Forest and all.
>>
>>32852639
>>32852639
>>32852656 >>32852639 >>32852639
>>32852639
>>32852656
lol so true xd
i have literally cried to my mum to force her to buy me pokemon 5.5 games
>>
>>32852656

they are super epik indeed xD

wanted to let you know i really liked le badass dragon and wtf was the story theme even about haha

i just like le badass dragons for the ftw (slang internet term for for the win, sorry for using so many for)

and basically lot of cool mons, like literally cool liek ice creams even if some mons were actual garbage but N is a cool guy

so he used a cool ice cream mon but also dark lucario (btw not a real lucario, an illusion, he actually used lucario's biggest enemy)

also this game had hmmm...

can i talk about this in here? o.O very mature themes sorry...

ok i will, these games had p*dophilia, h*mosexuality luna parks, tr*nsg*nders, bla*k people, war and

pokemon biting their trainers but also dangerous ninjas and wtf literally nazi scientist on space pirate ships like in those epik hollywood movies i watch and ughhh...

another super epic part was a mega castle coming from nowhere because just lol magic and no other reason haha and basically wow

wait...and hmmm...b**bs and hot girls with almost no clothes >.<
>>
>>32852798

my favorite part of these games was levelling up utter shimtons and ugly looking mons until level 50 and higher

hoping they get better but lol i got trolley'd everytime and they evolved into worse looking mons lmao

i got prank'd by nintendo again haha like that time i also bought the sequels that are not remakes btw ok?

you know i will be honest i fucking h*te genwunners and others gen because basically they ruined pokemon forever until unova was announced

people be asking me yeah no okay?!! what about the pwt?!!

truly ignorant and uneducated people...just because they used previous games characters doesn't mean it's pandering

btw trust me i'm not saying i liked those trainers because they used terrible pokemon from awful generations and not superior gen 5 ones

however i still think pwt was literally the number best feature and basically epik because recycled old sprites and therefore

their teams are super better and different from what a npc with same pokemon would have been

uh? did i tell you these games were like ultra technologic and basically a real future but in the present because lot of internet wifi features that were the post game?

that's right i liked this part because those mega funny games and apps reminded me of the facebook minigames hehe i'm sad they are not accessible anymore now whatever! :C

last thing, to the dumb people saying lenora was a bla*k...no! she is not, she was actually just tanned and covered in dirt because she is an archelogist stupids!

i rate those games epik / 100 but -1 point because luvdisc didn't evolve into alomololoma
>>
File: 1494895465223.jpg (65KB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494895465223.jpg
65KB, 1520x1080px
>>32852798
haha anon you are a funny guy xD
just kidding, please fuck off
>>
>>32852815
ouch did i deflower your soft spot x-PPP
>>
>>32852815
You know what's funny?

I can snap and kill every mother fucker like you if we met IRL.

Seriously, think about it. I'd have your windpipe crushed and your eyes gouged out before you would even know what's happening.

You guys talk big shit. Watch yourselves.
>>
It is overrated in that people somehow think it's a huge accomplishment that they took an already finished game, added a fucking post-game to it, and then charged another $40.
>>
>>32852617
why brave instead of, say, adamant or impish?
>>
>>32852875
But anon, DP already had a postgame.
>>
File: 98675387655.jpg (31KB, 332x349px) Image search: [Google]
98675387655.jpg
31KB, 332x349px
>>32852902
>yfw he uses trick room with his ingame walkthrough team
>>
>>32852934
No it didn't. It had a side area you spend 30mins exploring and then finish the game because there's nothing else to do.
>>
>>32851885
>puzzles
>m-muh bike "puzzle"
Ahahahaahah and that shit was a puzzle? It was only obnoxious, and it was more a reflexes test than a puzzle.
Fuck off, I bet you only play pokémon and that's why you have such low standards on puzzles.
>>
>>32852699
>Join Avenue,
Not reliant. Aided sure but the game gives you 10 NPCs a day without going online.
>White Forest and all.
That was wireless via the entralink so it didn't involve online to begin with. In BW2 that feature was replaced by the tower mazes
>>
Hm's we're not even bad, literally just catch a Bibarel
>>
File: Day Care Poketch.png (2KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Day Care Poketch.png
2KB, 256x192px
>>32851760
There's also features like the Underground, Battle Frontier (which has a co-operative multi battle mode along with the usual Frontier gimmicks, and can be played online too in HGSS), Vs. Seeker, and rematches were changed to be PWT events. The Poketch was also replaced with the far less useful C-Gear. The Pokeradar's gone too.

That said, BW2 has its own fair share of content that was cut in XY onwards. It would've been pretty cool if the Holo Caster functioned like the Xtransciever before, like being able to contact Trevor about the Pokedex, types and abilities, Calem on what's going on, and Tierno for moves. Other things that come to mind that were cut were Hidden Grottoes, the Y button being used for a menu hotkey, N's Pokemon, shaking and dark grass, and dating Curtis. It's a shame a lot of features get removed in between gens, even VI to VII suffers from this.
>>
>>32853828
Yeah, SM's complete butchering of the bottom screen pissed me off.
>>
>>32853592
Way to miss the point. People hate HMs because they reduce the freedom of picking what moves you want and what Pokemon to use. DPPt is extremely bad in this case because fog is such a shitty fucking effect. Same with Rock Climb. Please note that I am not excusing the usage of HMs in previous gens
>>
>>32849352
Definitely the most overrated games are BW2.
It appears that the amount of different wild pokemon available and the amount of free shinies make scrubs go blind because outside of that is terribly bland.
>>
>>32854184
You can pretty much just bike through the fog area. I only used defog on my first time playing Pearl.
>>
>>32854545
My problem with fog isn't the visibility, it's the shit it does to you in battle.
>>
>>32852582
>>32852958

It's still better than what we got you fags. Go play the originals and tell me the dungeons there are less complex than ORAS.
>>
>>32853592
Congrats you've dealt with 4 of the I think 8 HMs and none of the tedium related to them.
>>
>>32853828
>There's also features like the Underground
Which was a downgrade in and of itself regarding things like secret bases. With that said the entralink had similar player communication functions.
>Battle Frontier (which has a co-operative multi battle mode along with the usual Frontier gimmicks, and can be played online too in HGSS),
Just about everything was present between the PWT and Subway.
>Vs. Seeker, and rematches were changed to be PWT events.
Except you could rebattle trainers within the domes and there were a plethora of them in white tree hollow and black city to battle without the need to wait on time or a recharge.
>The Poketch was also replaced with the far less useful C-Gear. The Pokeradar's gone too.
The Poketch having about one useful app while the CGear allows both wireless communications from anywhere and access to the all important pass powers which were brought to gen 6 in the form of O-Powers. Not to mention access to the entralink and funfest missions and being fully customizable.

I feel like you people don't give gen 5 as much credit as deserves.
>>
>>32854865
Literally all of these arguments could be used on Gen VI but you never see people call ORAS the best
>>
>>32851885
Fuck off, that was shit.
>>
File: 1498286076343.jpg (25KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498286076343.jpg
25KB, 349x349px
>>32852617
>natures
>singleplayer
>>
>>32854865
>Just about everything was present between the PWT and Subway.
The Battle Subway is a Battle Tower clone, and while it does have a Multi mode, it doesn't offer the modes the Battle Frontier has to offer. The PWT lacks the co-op aspect.
>Except you could rebattle trainers within the domes and there were a plethora of them in white tree hollow and black city to battle without the need to wait on time or a recharge.
Dome trainers aren't much different from daily battle trainers in every other game, even Platinum has them, though they're not specifically in one area. The Treehollow and Tower are both locked to the postgame, whereas the Vs. Seeker can be accessed after the second gym in case you wanted to level up and try new mons out throughout your adventure.
>The Poketch having about one useful app
There's the maps that let you see roaming Pokemon and berries you have planted, the Day Care checker, Radar counter, Dowsing Machine that doesn't have to be re-equipped when using the menu, and the steps counter. By comparison, the C-Gear doesn't do much during your adventure, and you could always fly to a Pokecenter to do a local trade or battle.
>I feel like you people don't give gen 5 as much credit as deserves.
BW2 are some of my favorite single player Pokemon games, so I don't know what you're going on about. All I'm saying is that there are a bunch of features that get cut or changed between gens, and IV->V is no different.
>>
File: 1498029861271.png (333KB, 778x704px) Image search: [Google]
1498029861271.png
333KB, 778x704px
>>32852954
So like every other fucking pokemon game? Yeah, thats post game, faggot.
>>
File: 62518[1].gif (46KB, 992x937px) Image search: [Google]
62518[1].gif
46KB, 992x937px
>>32855027
maybe that one triggered you. It still doesn't excuse everything being braindead now.
>>
>>32855039
Yo dude, did you even play?
>it doesn't offer the modes the Battle Frontier has to offer.
Which is where the PWT comes into play.
It has a rentals mode just like the Battle frontier and made the only unique part of the Arcade a legitimate mode in mix
Then there's type master which has you take on specific types like the Battle hall.
The only one that isn't accounted for is the Battle Castle but that didn't have anything unique beyond the points system.
Also is multiplayer a big deal now that the wifi is down anyway?
Oh yeah and there's the Battle test now as well.

>Dome trainers aren't much different from daily battle trainers in every other game
Yes?
They're still trainers that you battle again dude, BW2 also has breeder rematches that were designed specifically for EV training.
> in case you wanted to level up and try new mons out throughout your adventure.
Is that the only reason you're trying to downplay half of these things? Plus like that anon said the Powers existed in that gen on top of Audino which made it the second fastest gen to grind in.
Don't like the grind though? Join Avenue has got your back.

>There's the maps that let you see roaming Pokemon and berries you have planted, the Day Care checker, Radar counter, Dowsing Machine that doesn't have to be re-equipped when using the menu
Roaming pokemon, eh not really necessary because you can just use the Pokedex or just go in and out of a load zone.
Berries, that's one useful app.
Day Care checker, you're going to be in the area anyway using the path there. There's literally no point.
Radar counter, useful ONLY for shinies and literally nothing else. Doesn't even guarantee a good nature, IVs or special moves.
Dowsing Machine, your re-equip thing is kind of a moot point when
1) It's on a different page
2) You have to keep on tapping the screen
In Gen 5 you set it up and it's passive. No tapping whatsoever.
>>
>>32855039
>the C-Gear doesn't do much during your adventure
Well aside from all the convenience shit that anon listed like the powers and communication.

>All I'm saying is that there are a bunch of features that get cut or changed between gens, and IV->V is no different.
The only shit that was cut were things that were gimmicks or absolutely loathed by the players and Gen 4 had a lot.

Anyway the important shit was never cut until gen 7 where it started removing game modes and features
>>
>>32855396
Gen V was the embodiment of retarded gimmicks that Unovabortions eat up. Fuck the dream world
>>
>>32855323
I did play the game. PWT does have unique modes, like the Frontier does, but doesn't have a multiplayer system. Although online is dead for the frontier, you can still play it locally. If you're going to ignore that, then things like the Join Avenue and entire C-Gear shouldn't be included, since you use local multiplayer for that too. The Hall is functionally different from the type master battles, too, although the premise of picking a type to fight against is still similar.
While dome trainers still exist, that still does not replace the missing Vs. Seeker. If anything, it's a closer equivalent to the Pokemon Center trainers in that you have to fly to the locations and battle them, and there's only a handful per day. Platinum also has restaurant trainers, which is about the same amount as the dome trainers too. As for Audino, while it does exist, you'd still have to walk around for a shaking spot to show up, which is not unlike how annoying the recharge for the Vs. Seeker is, and you still have a chance of finding a bad mon. The way to unlock Pass Powers is very tedious, as you'd have to communicate with opposite versions and constantly do missions. Thankfully Gen VI fixed that.
For Poketch apps, the day care app is very useful if you're going through the game or doing other things. With the daycare app, if you're on a completely different side of the map, you can still see what level your mons are or if they have an egg.
>>
>>32855519
>then things like the Join Avenue and entire C-Gear shouldn't be included, since you use local multiplayer for that too
Except you don't.
Funfest missions can be done solo and Join Avenue gives you free NPCs daily.
Like I said did you even play the game?

>While dome trainers still exist, that still does not replace the missing Vs. Seeker.
How does it not when it's still just trainers you can rematch? And there's still the breeders that will battle you again any time you enter and exit the area.

>Platinum also has restaurant trainers
Which you can only battle during the day and becomes unavailable at night if I remember right.
>which is about the same amount as the dome trainers too
Dude, there's like, what, 5 double battles there at a time at most?
Between the two domes you can get between 6 and like 9 depending on the day and how many badges you have.

>and you still have a chance of finding a bad mon
A very, very low chance of finding something that isn't Audino.
>The way to unlock Pass Powers is very tedious, as you'd have to communicate with opposite versions and constantly do missions
Which is an extremely quick process mind you. That is if you don't have the attention span of a 5 year old.

> the day care app is very useful if you're going through the game or doing other things.
Lets be honest, you're not going to be doing anything else if you're at the stage of breeding especially in gen 4 where there's barely any decent control so there's no point in the breeding app if you're already going to be in the area to begin with.
>>
>>32855763
The amount of NPCs you get in the Join Avenue is minimal compared to what you get when you play with multiple people. As for Funfest Missions in Black and White 2, you got me there, though you can still only level up the matching version for that. Black and White 1 didn't have Funfest Missions at all, you had to communicate with others.
The Breeders don't get any stronger when you battle them again, so they're not comparable to the Vs. Seeker. Before the postgame, the amount of trainers you'd fight in the domes range from 4-6 depending on the day of the week, since sometimes one of the two are closed too.
Pass Powers still require the opposite version to get all of them, so if you get Black 2, you're out of luck.
As for breeding, the app is still useful to have. You're first able to breed about 3 badges into the game, so you can drop off a mon or two to level it up along with your party of 6, and possibly put in Pokemon to get babies or unevolved forms to fill out the dex. Breeding doesn't always mean IV or shiny hunting.
>>
Sinnohsperm and Unovabortions really are the worst, constantly having to repair their fragile egos by defending their favorite games as if it was their identity.
>>
BW2fags, what were some removed features in XY, ORAS and SM that made the game shit for you? You all seem to downplay other gens' cut features, so 5's have to be pretty important for you all to claim it as the best.
>>
>>32855992
Even avoiding trainers you can one shot pretty much every important battle. I recognize that Gym Leaders using three Pokémon each, the removal of the autorun and A-button on touch screen, and even no option for following pokémon was pretty bad, but atleast the 2D games weren't a cakewalk.
>>
>>32855942
i grew up on sinnoh but im not going to say its the best in the series. it's slow as fuck and the HMs are fucking awful (seriously? rock smash in fucking post game?) they're my favorite games but i understand they're flawed.
>>
The most overrated game here is easily HG/SS. B2W2 are up there also but HG/SS with it's broken level curve, boring regions, and Gen 4 slowness isn't even in the Top 3, let alone best in the series.
>>
>>32856829
>the games that were all considered the best are all now considered overrated
wew lad
>>
>>32855992
PWT
Join avenue
Funfest missions
Habitat list
Black city/White forest
Medal system
Easy/hard mode keys
>>
>>32856829
I don't particularly think the level curve is too bad, actually. You end up within 8-10 levels of Lance with a team of 5. It's a bit worse than other regions, yeah, but it's not horrible. The only exception is Red's inflated levels. You'd be better off complaining about Pokemon distribution because those encounter rates are pretty shit even if the variety is pretty high.

The regions are fine especially since Unknown Dungeon and Seafoam Islands were added back.
>>
>>32857966
>PWT
Battle Frontier with a nostalgia skin, but Gen VI and VII should have had one of them regardless.
>Join avenue
Good feature. Fuck Festival Plaza.
>Funfest missions
Bad replacement for berry pots. Kind of useful for getting other items, though.
>Habitat list
Useless.
>Black city/White forest
BW1's is completely useless if you leave the game for a while. BW2's is okay but should be accessible earlier.
>Medal system
Fuck off, achievements are garbage
>Easy/hard mode keys
Handled horribly. Hope you didn't buy Black 2 expecting to actually play on Hard mode.
>>
>>32858061
Shut the fuck up, BW2 is literally perfect
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.