[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Pokemon need to be rebooted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0926.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0926.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
Does Pokemon need to be rebooted?
>>
>>32849068
imagine if they removed pokemon
imagine how many fans they would lose overnight
>>
>>32849068
They would lose so many fans and money. Even if they removed one pokemon.
>>
>>32849068

What would rebooting even constitute in a series like Pokemon?

Do you mean drastically changing some of the core gameplay mechanics? I could see that happening at some point. Sun and Moon has already played with breaking the formula a bit. But I don't think it's necessary soon. I could imagine the battle system changing up.

Do you mean dropping all the references/character cameos/lore from previous games? I think that's unlikely as it's already fairly sparse and not really important. But I could see it happening one day too.

Do you mean getting rid of all the Pokemon and starting from scratch? No way in hell is that happening.
>>
How would that even work?
>>
File: IMG_0718.png (422KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0718.png
422KB, 750x1334px
Pokemon is dead!

Pokemon needs a reboot

Meanwhile Masuda is bathing is money
>>
File: 1479839501051s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479839501051s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
It'd be the same shit as Star Wars since Disney bought it. If you guys don't know, a HUGE and I mean HUGE portion of the Star Wars books, comics and animations were removed from the official canon of the new Disney Star Wars lore. They assigned it to the name "Legends" meaning that it should just amount to random writing, and doesn't affect the new main stream Disney Writing, meaing about 20 years of writing and idea's are all in the trashed.

And yes, many many fans were butthurt... I didn't like the idea either that much...but it's not the end of world. The same goes for pokemon. It would be awkward and weird but a reboot could work...
>>
>>32849068
No, it needs to go back to the quality it had during the Diamond Pearl era. SM games and anime are shit, they are the lowest point in the franchise.
>>
File: Smug Ricky.png (59KB, 197x271px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Ricky.png
59KB, 197x271px
>>32849068
Karl, yer an idiot

Play a record
>>
>>32849170
D/P high point Of Pokemon

You gotta be kidding me
>>
>>32849068
Is that Karl from Vinesauce?
>>
They tried to with BW and normies hated it
>>
>>32849068
After USM, yes.
>>
>>32849170
>Sinnoh
>Quality
Pick one.
>>
>>32849297
Platinum is the second best game after BW2
>>
File: lure b8.png (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lure b8.png
83KB, 1000x1000px
>>32849213
>>
File: 434883984.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
434883984.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>32849213
i enjoy and understand this post
>>
I agree with most others in the thread that doing a reboot would be more or less impossible and needs some better defined parameters.

Personally, the only 'reboot' I could see happening is nintendo ending Pokemon and creating a new collecting/rpg/yokai watch type franchise that differs enough from Pokemon in terms of its gameplay, mechanics and style to warrant itself necessary.

But let's face it, Pokemon is a significant enough cultural icon in Japan alone, it's not going anywhere
>>
>>32849309
>Platinum
You mean HeartGold.
>>
They already tried doing a soft reboot with BW and look how well that turned out. Everyone shit the bed over not being able to play with Geodude and Zubat from the get-go, so they went crazy with the nostalgia in the subsequent gens.

BW wasn't perfect, but I loved that they only let you use new Pokémon. I made so many new favourites that way.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.