[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these models so much better than sun and moon models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0716.png (670KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0716.png
670KB, 750x1334px
https://youtu.be/NRRd8wIzI14
>>
>>32848251
Do we tell him?
>>
Those are the same models anon, just with effects added and rendered at a high resolution.
>>
This is bait
>>
>>32848268
Oh shit really. So this is how gen 8 will look like? I can't fucking wait then
>>
>>32848306
That's the theory.

Its also half of why the games run like shit on the 3DS. the models are designed for console-level power. The reason they don't look good is because the 3DS is fucking 240p

Look up Shofu's wifi battles for an example of what SM looks like on Citra. Use an adblocker if you don't like them and don't want to give them ad money.
>>
/vp/ really is this stupid
>>
>>32848306
Yup.
You can see in the video below the models look more or less like they do on 3DS because that person didn't do anything fancy to them
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Gen 8 though, I think Game Freak will just go with an uprezzed version of the SM style
>>
Why the fuck are STILL namefagging
get the fuck off of this board you subhuman piece of trash
>>
>>32848331
Even putting SM through Citra makes it look a million times better.

Bet most people who aren't aware of it would actually believe they made it over again.
>>
>>32848338
I make thoughtful, and friendly posts and I like this board, so I think I will stay

>>32848341
The style they chose doesn't really work on such a low-res screen imo.
The characters are already pixelated but then they go and add a dumb outline to all of them making them even more pixelated.
imo in the overworld they should've used sprites for characters because they're so small. This would have looked cleaner and they could use the extra power to make the overworld look even better. Pokémon in battles could stay 3D because they're big enough that the outline doesn't matter.
>>
>>32848377
To me, it seems pretty clear that gamefreak doesn't really want to have to make models over again unless they have to, which is why they made these to fit a system literally 100x stronger then a 3DS.

The lines were probably added specifically for what I said: By removing them, and then upscalling the games, people not in the know can, have, and will assume its entirely new.

As for your second bit, I feel 2D overworld with 3D battles would have felt awkward, and people from both camps would be upset instead of just the 2D camp.
>>
>>32848251
See video title. MMD is a program. Models are the same, silly. Yes I took the bait. See >>32848325
>>
I'm a casual I thought it was brand new. Looks amazing.

Huge huge upgrade over sun and moon
>>
>>32848435
More accurately, its a huge upgrade over the 3DS.

Honestly I`d say its a negative in anything. Why the hell would you put console-quality assets into a fucking 3DS? no fucking wonder it runs at 10 FPS.
>>
File: Victory.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Victory.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>32848331 Did someone say GET
>>
>>32848456
huh
>>
>>32848251
>the average vp poster actually watches this kind of shit
Nuke this board
>>
>>32848523
but they're good desu https://youtu.be/ATze3kuQAgU
>>
>>32848306
This is what gen 8 would look like if the reused all the assets and re-rendered them in a higher resolution.

In reality they shouldn't do that and should create even better models with a better engine.

That is what the game look like NOW in an emulator or if it was ported to a more powerful console. The standard should be much higher for gen 8.
>>
>>32848251
Because the 3DS has crap resolution, and people are retarded if they want the series to remain on that handheld. Sun and Moon takes up so much ram, the handheld has to restart itself just to play properly.
>>
>>32848644
I don't think it will be.

Why in the ever living hell would you force the 3DS to run with models designed for much higher specs, only to redo them anyways when the next system comes? the only reason you'd even use those models is if you're intending to use them once you actually get to a system that uses them properly.

If it looks different from citra!SM, i'd expect it to be texture wise, not actual model wise.
>>
>>32848670
>muh resolution!
Normie tier argument
>>
>>32848713
That's literally the problem though. Sorry for your autism.
>>
>>32848556
Ban this namefag
>>
>>32848713
Resolutions are important anon. Of course 4K doesn't really matter but low resolutions look like shit. Even going to 360p from 240p is a huge improvement.
>>
>>32848713
nice bait
>>
>>
>>32848776
Now post a game rendered in those resolutions so we can all see the jaggies
>>
>>32848794
y-you can see the jaggies already in the image
>>
>>32848836
those are more like fuzzies or blurries. you can cut yourself on a jaggie
>>
File: aipomuh.jpg (16KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
aipomuh.jpg
16KB, 259x194px
>>32848856
i don't cut myself so I wouldn't know
>>
Gen 8 will be classic
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.