[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wht do you think about him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Download.jpg (10KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
10KB, 290x174px
I've posted something similar 2016 after the release of SM.

The comments were generally like:
>He isn't as annoying as gen 5, 6 rivals.
>He has decent fights.
>Is a very interesting character.
>Has deep story.
>Can be serious.
>Is probaby one of the best rivals in the series.

Now, since the honeymoon phase is over I want to see if the general opinion has changed.
>>
Hau is the only character I've ever hated. Fuck everything about him.
>>
>>32846823
he's ok
he's annoying at times, interesting at times, and he had a lot of potential, but it was wasted
i have the same opinion of most of sun and moon
he's worse than gen 5 rivals but far better than gen 6 rivals
>>
>>32846823
Felt bad for him. Towards the end, he realizes he's second banana and nobody likes him.

Way better than Gen 6
>>
I found Hau to be really annoying from the beginning, but as the game went on, I got used to him and eventually like him. He's still somewhat flawed, but he is one of the better characters in SM.
>>
>>32846844
This
>>
Not as bad as gen 5/6
His malasada thing was obnoxious af
The thing with Lillie was cool and different for once
His reaction to losing was also kind of nice; you seemed like the asshole rival this time
I don't know why, but I LOVED his before fight animation of him throwing up and catching the ball, it seemed really smooth
He reminded me of the god-rival Barry because he recognized his weakness and wanted to/ tried to become better
His battle theme was nice
>>
>>32846823
the "general opinion"
>>
>>32846823
I can appreciate him. He's a lot less obnoxious than the hoard of """rivals""" from gen 6, and he has some character development which is nice. I appreciate that by the end of the game he openly admits that he's frustrated about never being able to beat you, whereas at the beginning his response to losing us "Oh well lol that was fun"

I do wish they took some time to flesh out some other stuff about him, like the whole "grandson of the kahuna/living in Hala's shadow" bit, or his dad that ran out on him. Hopefully USUM sheds some more light on that stuff, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>32846877
Last I checked almost everyone thought he was a SSS character.
>>
Being cucked by the mc was funny
>>
>>32846823
I can see why people dislike him but i enjoyed his character he reminded me of a less annoying gen 4 rival full of energy but not super over the top
>>
one of the few bright spots of SM for me
>>
>>32846888
an they weren´t lying
>>
File: 1495046983802.gif (70KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495046983802.gif
70KB, 500x300px
>>32846823
If something SM did right was bring us likeable characters.
He's a bro, the kind of friend that i never had.
>>
Thought "Great, another friendly neighborhood neighbor rival".

Still appreciated him more than Lillie "Let Me Be Your Second Banana- Just Kidding, Main Character of this Lovely Game As You Make Awkward Silent Expressions Towards '''My''' Main Story" Sue who only leaves after there's barely shit to do in-game.
>>
>>32847128
It doesn't mean much to say something is better than Lillie, since she is one of the worst character of the game series.
>>
>>32846844
This.

I didn't think I'd ever like one of the bland friendly "rivals" but by the end of the game I liked Hau for his sheer innocence. They seemed to be aware that the nice rivals are boring so just went all the way and played up his shonen protagonist-esque, humorously optimistic and easygoing personality.
>>
>>32847135

Despite his malasada shenanigans, he didn't make me want to hate him, which says a lot. He'll certainly be a lot more memorable to me than 6th gen rivals, which I also didn't mind, they just end up being forgettable to me, but at least they'd still give me some freedom while giving me exp. points every so often.
>>
If you don't like hau after this then idk man

https://youtu.be/mUE1kCTMVWI
>>
>>32846823
He's alright.

I neither like nor dislike him.

I would not be mad if he was still there, and I would not be mad if he was removed or change.

With that said, I will say that I like that they actually gave us both a friendly rival and a serious rival.
>>
>>32846823
His fights were a bit challenging, if you're not prepared. Didn't have a dark type for the Ula'Ula fight so Raichu destroyed me there. His role in the story isn't that great as far as I remember, though I haven't played since the games came out and don't remember all the details.
>>
he's kind of annoying especially with all of the damned cutscenes on every route. i love him tho
>>
>>32846823
His Raichu splattered my team the second it stopped being a Pikachu. I can respect that.
>>
>>32846823
MALASADAS
>>
File: 59390682_p8.png (2MB, 1687x2292px) Image search: [Google]
59390682_p8.png
2MB, 1687x2292px
>>32846823
he is cute
>>
>>32846844
This, he was pretty ass until about halfway through the second island. Now he's probably my third favorite rival ever. He's a cool fella.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.