[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whats so bad about XY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon-surpised.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-surpised.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
Im tired of this c****** complain, stop b*******, XY is a good game
>>
File: IMG_0712.png (558KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.png
558KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>32846614
Of course it is not bad. The only bad games so far are Gen 5 and 7.
>>
>>32846625
That's a funny way to say gen 2
>>
>There's some users who think SM is better
>>
>>32846633
>users
Hey, reddit.
>>
>>32846614
nice bait thread
>>
No need to censor, we're all adults here(at least physically).
>>
>>32846641
So what i call them? annoynimus user?
User is the right word
Reddit is a good place, so whats up with it?
>>
>>32846658
Some users are sensible to bad words!
So i think it's better to censore them, to avoid offending users.

I've learned this thanks to reddit, i think you should censor words too, its safe for everyone
>>
>>32846614
Wow. Subtle. Like a brick to the face.
>>
i remember skipping gen 5 because too busy not caring about video games then came back to play Y
its pretty fuckng good

Hoenn and Kalos are my fave regions.

But I would say soulsilver is my favorite game
>>
>>32846614
Isn't it past your bedtime you underage faggot?
>>
File: eva_charlie_brown.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
eva_charlie_brown.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>>32846675
jesus
>>
>>32847015
huh?
>>32846999
So do you like men¿
>>
File: 1458299706485.jpg (238KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1458299706485.jpg
238KB, 1024x768px
XY games were quite good. Shame they got no third version. It could be the best game in the franchise. Also XY got the best anime series.
>>
@32846675
>Reddit is a good place
You have to try a little harder than that son.
>>
Trying to defend a generation should count as genwar-instigation as much as trying to talk shit about it should.
>>
File: 1498091114241.png (460KB, 2070x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1498091114241.png
460KB, 2070x1600px
>>32846614
Controls are absolute dogshit. Despite being 3D rendered, you're still walking on a grid, and you don't get a wider variety of movement until you get the bicycle later.
Sky battles, full stop. They're literally only there to remind you "Hey! You should always have a Flying type on your team!" and nothing else.
Player customization is extremely limited. There's not even an option to take the damn hat off.
On that note, the field character models look fucking awful. It feels like instead of designing characters that look good in 3D space, they converted character sprites into 3D models. ORAS is even worse with this; look at the Professor's fat stupid head.
Dull, uninspired, forgettable stories with obnoxiously long cutscenes. At least with Sun and Moon, they TRIED making likable, memorable characters so you'd have at least a little investment in the cutscenes. X and Y? Who is this big red fucknugget? Why does he have alien probes on his back all of a sudden? What's this glowing deer? Who are these kids - who contribute absolutely fucking nothing - following me everywhere I go?
I played Sun & Moon first, and then decided to start X, and I can't fucking stand it. There's a whole lot more I could bitch about, but I'm too tired. How did you deal with this?
>>
It's a mediocre game that went out of its way to create opportunities it later didn't take.
>>
>>32849139
SunMoon is only good because of all the things XY tried to do differently.
>>
>>32846625
Gen 6 was bad anon.
Shit/boring story, kanto pandering, chibi looking ass people.
Gen 7 shits on it.
>>
File: Consider the following.png (666KB, 1255x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
666KB, 1255x1086px
>>32846614
Shit difficulty. You weren't even playing most of the time. You can close your eyes and complete the fucking games without any problem. When you get Mega Evolution, the games get EVEN easier.
3D looked great, but played shit. Because while the world was made in 3D, it was designed in a way you would design a 2D one.
Shit characters and story. While it made the most sense up to that point, it was uninteresting. Generic. While the last games, BW, had a shittier story that failed at even the basic level by not making any sense and forcing the player to do retarded things, at least it had a stronger premise and comically high tension. XY didn't even give that. It was generic shit, thorough and thorough.
The characters, on the other hand, were not only uninteresting and generic, but also obnoxious. And shit looking. Besides Calem the rival and Emma, there was nothing of value there. I hated every single one of them.
The skates were the single worst thing you can imagine.
Level design was shit. Areas were hard to travel through and unnecessarily complicated. Like the route with stones jutting out. You were bumping and getting stopped every fucking second for no fucking reason. Some faggots will defend this, but those faggots don't know the first thing about level design, so ignore them.

All of that makes exploration not-fun, as you're forced into an awkward mix 2D level design 3D world. Training Pokemon and fighting not-fun, as you're hardly "Training", the game is doing it for you. And the story not-fun, being full of obnoxious characters with generic setting and story. That's why XY are called shit.

That said, I personally don't hate them. They introduced a lot fun things, even if they fucked up the fundamentals, fucked up the main appeal of Pokemon.
>>
>>32846614

uneventful and lacking story
battle mason sucked compared to the battle tree and battle frontier

the breeding system was GOAT however
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.