[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fixing the variety in the water routes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: water-routes.png (4MB, 3506x2774px) Image search: [Google]
water-routes.png
4MB, 3506x2774px
I'm going through a bad period in my life and I've just had a really shitty month, so I started to do this thing to keep my mind off all the shit.

It's more or less what I would do nowadays to fix the infamous variety of Hoenn's water routes. It's a rough aproximation though. Read the "general" part first to understand the rest.
Well, what do you think anons?
>>
>>32845592
>Gen 7 Pokémon in Hoenn
Excluding that sounds interesting, especially the Mangrove Dungeon.
>>
It's incredibly good, I think you're not factoring the amount of resources needed in development to pull out such a thing, but as I'm replaying hoenn right now I must say I really really like this
>>
>>32845592
I agree anon, dunno why we had just Wingull and Tentacool, encounter tables in the ocean could be so much more diverse.
>>
>>32845592
ITT: anon suggests an actually cool idea
>>
>>32845592
Hope you're doing okay anon. :)
>>
>>32845652
I know I exaggerated adding gen7 mons, but that's why I said this is what I'd do "nowadays". Guess I got a little too excited there.
Also I didn't know which pokemon use in the Mangrove Forest, or if there should be pokemon at all. Right now it's just a simple idea.
>>32845683
>>32845703
>>32845709
Thank you.
>the amount of resources needed in development
Oh, I'm aware it's a bit crazy to do all of that, specially seeing how bloated the encounter rosters look.

Actually, I was thinking that by the time you reach this part of the game you usually have a full team and while all these different water pokemon are great, most people wouldn't really need another member. So as an idea for a fangame, the adventure could start at Mossdeep where you're given a Lapras to travel, and half of the water routes would be early game.
This way the player would have a huge roster of sea mons to choose from at the beginning. The league would be located inside the volcano.

>>32845713
Luckily, the rough period ended today, and I've got 10 days of vacation now.
Thanks.
>>
>>32845592
Dunno how I feel about underwater Gastly/Haunter/Glalie/Cryogonal, but overall I really like this.
>>
Seems cool Anon! Personally I wouldn't place mons based on fresh water animals (like Goldeen for example) in the ocean, though.
>>
>>32846202
Goldeen is a fresh water pokemon? Fuck, I didn't think about it. I was already avoiding putting fresh water mons like Marill and Corphish.
And I just realized I forgot to put Luvdisc in the fishing rosters.

For the reason behind the ghost-like underwater mons (Gastly, Glalie, etc) the other anon mentioned: it's due to how dark those areas are suppose to be, and take the chance to break from so many water types. I'm not sure if it's a good idea myself though.
>>
>>32845592
Cool stuff OP, my only complaint is the iceberg idea, Hoenn is based on a part of Japan and the map is technically sideways so having ice in the "north" wouldn't make much sense
>>
Any comments on the underwater ruins and the Ever Grande City ideas?
I'm curious to see more opinions.
>>
I am really hoping that Ultra Sun and Moon will heavily expand the water routes, it felt too small for a place based on Hawaii

I hope we get some distribution like this though
I agree with your choices
>>
>>32846612
For Ever Grande City, maybe add in a few Dragon types, and Magikarp and Gyarados
They're mostly associated with Waterfalls
>>
I absolutely love how you included tons of different oceanic biomes here like a marsh section, a sunken run, an arctic section, etc.
>>
>>32845592
everything here is pretty lit, but i say remove gastly/haunter from deep ocean and im sold
>>
>>32848580
I think Ghastly and Haunter actually work really well since in the deep sea theres pockets of methane gas that form after they release from reservoirs underneath the sea floor
>>
>>32845592
This is a really great idea! Applause to you! You may hsve just saved Hoenn!
>>
>>32845592
Don't know if Deep Diving is necessary. Sounds like it would give players the bends...
>>
>>32848636
I was thinking about dead sailors but sure
>>
I love it, but I'm not feeling the idea of icebergs in Hoenn. I always imagined that Hoenn is equatorial, hence being tropical, so I'm just think icebergs is a bit ridiculous. But everything else? Spot on.
>>
File: water-routes-fix-v0.2.jpg (2MB, 3506x2774px) Image search: [Google]
water-routes-fix-v0.2.jpg
2MB, 3506x2774px
>>32845592
OP here after getting some good sleep.
I made a cleaner version which has better quality overall and a smaller file size in case some anons want to save the pic. I fixed some minor details, added each biome type in the titles and put Luvdisc in the rosters.
Also, reading the thread it appears that icebergs may clash too much with the rest of Hoenn for some, so I modified that part too.
There's enough space left to add the Mangrove Forest section, but I'm still not sure what pokemon I'd put there to be honest.

>>32848688
It's just to add a bit of "puzzle variety".
Personally I'd keep deep diving a minor thing in the zones B and E. Would only use the idea to its fullest extent in D as part of the Seafloor Cavern dungeon, and in F as the way to find the sunken ruins.
>>
Bump becuase this is oretty i interesting
>>
>>32845592
This is really awesome. It's a shame the actual developers don't put this much thought into things.
>>
>>32845592
idk about hoenn, but water routes in a colder climate could be cool if dive was brought back since you might be able to so stuff with ice floes and whatever iceland is
>>
File: pach.png (304KB, 347x363px) Image search: [Google]
pach.png
304KB, 347x363px
>>32845592
>Beartic surf encounter
>>
>>32853396
>polar bears cant swim
sup al gore
>>
>>32853396
>what is swift swim
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.