[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you design a comfy region?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1465770249315.png (680KB, 972x583px) Image search: [Google]
1465770249315.png
680KB, 972x583px
The comfiest.
>>
>>32845445
I would take any Miyazaki film and throw Pokemon in it.
>>
Heavily wooded towns surrounding the outskirts of a large metropolitan area with towns and villages scattered throughout, some of them experiencing harsher environments than others (more volcanic and tropical forests and towns to the south, and tundras to the north). The center of the region would be industrialized and modern, complete with large cities and bustling towns and some kind of transportation system linking them together. Lakes and rivers flow through and effect the landscape of particular towns and areas.

Obviously this is pretty formulaic, but I'd love to see how this can be implemented on the Switch especially given how impressive Breath of the Wild was in terms of the immense map size and diverse environments. Lots of regions tend to focus on particular climates and themes (Hoenn and Sinnoh come to mind) but I'd like to see a large region try and do it all.
>>
Make everything really dense for maximum comfiness
>>
>>32845445
Sinnoh, except instead of the swampy south, its consistent, more of the north side is covered in snow, while the south is filled with evergreens. There'd always be a mild cloud overhead, except during Sunny Day effects. Most buildings in the north, except for official buildings, are log cabins, with lighting matching the firepits.
>>
>>32846166
I want an open world Pokemon on the Switch but not MMORPG of course, just open world where we can traverse the map and go in and out of towns/cities seamlessly.
>>
>>32845445
Some kind of amalgamation of johto, hoenn and sinnoh, having characteristics of all 3
>>
>>32846249
But what characteristics? Now saving lots of data...
>>
File: pixiv62099895.png (967KB, 899x663px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv62099895.png
967KB, 899x663px
Something similar to hoenn and it's diversity

A heavily wooded area with a lot of paths through the town, and a more tribal feel to it, also houses in trees that was sick

Beach areas, Sandy beaches and rocky beaches with a ton of different pokemon available

Bring back cave diving and underwater caverns

Another volcanic area with soot collecting but running through the grass changes the door like in rse

A snowy area, and another ride pokemon maybe like avalugg, that helps you go faster in deep snow; you can move through it but slowly like in dppt, and with avalugg you move at normal/faster speeds

I want fast rivers that you can surf down on, that'll just carry you down

Secret bases 100%

Floaroma town in kickass 3d

A super windy plains area, windmills and y ok u can see the grass and plants blowing and maybe if the player has long hair it'll flow too

Visible pokemon on places you can't access, like maybe a higher ledge but they're visible
>>
>>32846274

>>32846299
Phone-posting with autocorrect gets annoying when you're on public transportation
>>
No villains or complex story. Just a kid traveling the region to battle and help a few NPCs.
>>
>>32846336
That sounds so boring with the way pokemon is now
If it was more developed focused entirely on graphics I'd be ok with it

Even then, it sounds boring and unplayable
>>
>>32846336
They tried to downsize with SM and it didn't work.
>>
>>32846403
I don't play pokemon for the story. I couldn't finish SM because the cutscenes and constant dialogue were annoying.
>>
>>32846440
It still sounds boring and lonely
>>
>>32846466
Different strokes. I love games where you are alone the majority of the time and being alone in the wilderness IRL. It's max comfy to me.
>>
Extremely small, isolated hometowns.

Long winding routes.

The sound of the wind and rain outside when you're in buildings.

Gigantic, heavily populated, bustling dark cities. With skyscrapers towering overhead.

But modest little suburbs in between, filled with kind families.
>>
>>32846579
Well thats the thing, i dont think pokemon could make a game that uses its world effectively for a game like that to really succeed, at least for me
>>
>>32846602
I don't think GF is competent enough to make a game like that work. However, another company could do an absolutely amazing job.

Of course it will never happen because the kiddos want to be spoon fed.
>>
File: _autistic_pewing_.jpg (18KB, 310x250px) Image search: [Google]
_autistic_pewing_.jpg
18KB, 310x250px
>>32846740
Yeah
I know the kind of game type talking about, and I agree it would be dope af
But alas, it'll only happen in our dreams
>>
perpetually autumn, so all the trees are warm oranges

thanks bell tower
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.