[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are timburr,thor/sawk,gothita,woobat,munna,drilburr and roggenrola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

not considered unovian forms of kanto pokemon? they're clearly the same pokemon
I can see Audino being separate, but the others are the same pokemon
Woobat is Zubat unovian form
Drillbur is Digglet unovian form
Bouffalant is Tauros unovian form
Gothita is Ralts unovian form
Thor/Sawk are the hitmons unovian form

So why are they considered diferent evolution lines and diferent pokemon/species when they're just unovian forms?
>>
Because they are clearly not the same.
>>
ITT: Autism.
>>
>>32843683
>Why are all fish not considered the same?
>>
>unovian
Can no one on this board understand the morphology and syntax of english?
>>
>>32843683

They're similar Pokemon who fill similar archetypes, but they're still different enough to be considered separate Pokemon.
>>
>>32843742
Thats diferent finneon and magikarp arent the same pokemon, neither is zubat or noibat
However Woobat is Zubat in unovian form, theyre the same pokemon!
>>
>>32843683
Those don't make much sense. Well you might make a compelling argument for tauros/bouffalant but still, different amimals different pokemon.

What I don't understand is why the elemental monkeys are 3 different species. Or plusle and minum, for that matter.
>>
>>32843947
Because Woobat is the same as a zubat
An excadrill is the same pokemon as the diglet line
Gothtia being a separate pokemon is odd, when it's clearly a ralts
>>
>>32843970
But it's not really the same anon. Even putting aside the blatant design elements that make your claims wrong, given you're so adamant on woobat and zubat being the same, where's unovan crobat at?
>>
>>32844059
Why do you think they're separate?
>>
>>32843947
>minum
>>
Drilbur is more of a Sandshrew clone, it has nothing in common with Diglett beyond being a mole
>>
>>32843943
No.

That would only be the case if the swoobat line had three forms.

Also, swoobat is based on the fluffy white honduran bat (look it up). Zubat is just a run of the mill bat with a final form in Crobat who's all about protection and speed due to growing extra wings.

They couldn't be more different.
>>
>>32844105
but roggenrola and geodude are the same pokemon
gothita and ralts are the same pokemon
Drillbur and sansdrew are the same pokemon
Liepard and persian are the same pokemon
cacturne and maractus are the same pokemon
audino and chansey are the same pokemon
thor and the hitmons are the same pokemon
maractus and cacture are the same pokemon

Why you dont get it?
>>
>>32844137
You're the same moron who made this thread a week or two ago and got proven wrong by everyone else in the thread, aren't you? They have similar conceptions but they're not the same pokemon. By your logic Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are the same pokemon too, and with your 'arguments', so are Machamp, Gengar, Alakazam and Golem.
>>
>>32844137
This is either a pathetic attempt at trolling or wanton idiocy.

Animals can look similar but be different species. I can make the following statements and they won't be true yet follow your same logic.

Horses and Asses are the same animal
Buffalo and bighorn cattle are the same animal
Sharks and dolphins are the same animal
Owls and hawks are the same animal
Geese and ducks are the same animal
Hampsters and rats are the same animal
Voles and moles are the same animal
Chimpanzees and bonobos are the same animal
>>
>Ralts
>Kanto Pokemon
>>
>>32844077

Why do you think Houndoom and Arcanine are separate?
>>
>>32844188
oh so you're telling me that roggenrola and geodude or crobat or swobat are the same pokemon when they look identical
>>
>>32843683
>Forgetting the Hitmons have a prevo and a "balanced" counterpart
>>
>>32843683
>>32844201
Ralt and Gothita are Abra.
>>
>>32843943
funny you'd mention Magikarp but not Feebas
>>
>>32844246
Gothita is the counterpart of Solosis. And they can fully evolve without trading. Unova has no "Abra" rep.
>>
>>32843943
>However Woobat is Zubat in unovian form, theyre the same pokemon!
Zubat and most of it's line is based on blood drinking bats, while woobat is based on furry fruit eater bats, the only thing they share is that they're both from the bat family.

>>32844137
>thor and the hitmons are the same pokemon
>Saying judo is the same that boxing, taekwondo and capoeira
How dumb can you be?
>>
File: png.png (82KB, 187x385px) Image search: [Google]
png.png
82KB, 187x385px
>>32843683
oh yeah I see what you mean OP. they look almost identical
>>
>>32844718
I mean they're technically both moles.
>>
>>32845156
yeah but I don't see any region so drastic it causes a mutation like that, is Unova so different they had to grow arms and steel claws? is kanto so laid back that drillbur shed it's arms legs and claws?

>>32844098
this would be the more realistic answer and we got the alolan variants already, but still seperate species being a mole and shrew.

just because they're a similar design doesn't make them a 'regional variant' of some kanto mon. Yes there's different crows around the world, but that doesn't make a pigeon a crow clone, they're entirely different species, with a common ancestor.

OP hasn't a clue in taxology and evolutionary theory.
>>
>>32845238
None of the unova pokemon are clones except maybe boufalant
OP is retarded, how the fuck are Geodude and Roggenrola, Swoobat an Golbat, Thor/Sawk and the hitmon the same species of pokemon? when they're NOTHING alike?

The unovian form theory is dumb too since unovian pokemon live in other regions (Hoeen incuded) So unova pokemon exist in japan,
>>
>>32843683
Quality thread
>>
File: 1469546904780.jpg (43KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
1469546904780.jpg
43KB, 699x637px
>>
>>32843683
TIL Ralts is from Kanto.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.