[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Stone distribution sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: tinytourney.jpg (16KB, 300x130px) Image search: [Google]
tinytourney.jpg
16KB, 300x130px
Does anyone else just immediately forfeit their matches 3 times for these online Nintendo Tournaments just to get the Mega Stones?

As much as I love fighting the exact same teams over and over again, I think I'll pass on that.
>>
>>32843052
A-marowak
Kartana
Azelf
Azumarill
Porygon2
Mimikyu

Is this the team?
>>
>>32843070

Huh, didn't actually see A-Marowak and Azelf in my three quits.

Definitely saw a Torkoal on every team I fought though.
>>
>>32843052
first time in a tourney and I loved it aside from the Chinks and their chinkery
>>
Nope, I am loving it
>>
>>32843181
>tfw already fought 15 battles
>>
>>32843052
I usually feel that way, but this might be the exception. The tiny limitations end up getting rid of a lot of cancer while still letting you use interesting mons.
>>
>>32843070
>These look like the same mons a giveaway thread is (or was?) giving away

kek

I haven't really participated in the tournament yet, but I'll probably do the same despite having gotten these mons myself in the giveaway if only to spare a headache from people who might end up with me. I don't want to add even more insult into injury.

I might use them for Battle Tree instead, although I don't think I'll get that much far either since the CPU is a cheating piece of shit.
>>
>>32843181
>>32843195
Same. This is my first Global Link tournament, and I'm having an absolute blast. 10 wins, 5 losses so far. Pretty pleased with that, considering I hardly ever play doubles.
>>
I didn't know you can just forfeit the matches and get the participation rewards. Definitely going to start doing that
>>
>>32843274
counts as a lose and the threshold is 3 battles played. they dont wanna punish little kids that hard
>>
File: 1493813294229.jpg (20KB, 447x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493813294229.jpg
20KB, 447x320px
>>32843070
That's pretty close. Also seeing a lot of Gastrodon, A-Muk, and Chandelure.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen much Kartana. If it's on a team, they don't select it. Might just be my team's composition, though.

Conversely, I see Mimikyu on just about every team I play, and they almost always lead with it. Good thing my Mold Breaker Excadrill kills it in one hit.
>>
>>32843323
>tfw I'm the biggest fucking idiot in the world and forgot to put my excadrill in the team
>tfw no face
>>
File: 1485929405905.jpg (258KB, 1716x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1485929405905.jpg
258KB, 1716x1440px
>>32843341
It's okay family. I was retarded during the first few battles and actually forgot that Mold Breaker bypasses disguise. I just used the ability because Sand is not an option, and it is nice to hit Rotoms with Levitate.

I also forgot that Iron Head is ORAS move tutor only, and I bred mine in Moon. But it holds a Life Orb, so Smart Strike has been picking up OHKO's on Mimikyu anyway, even with a Jolly nature.
>>
>>32843052
I lose on purpose for prevent a possible ban, but yes if they are giving away code why wait until a Battle Competition ends to get those codes?
>>
>>32843052
Sooooo... When do I get that sweet lopunnite?
>>
I don't get people who forfeit. Are you sure you actually like Pokemon if playing a few online matches is a waste of time for you? It also sucks for the people who do want to make the most of their limited 45 battles in such a unique fun format
>>
>>32843852
So much this. I've actually got a pretty decent rating on a few competitions but it just seems a bit bittersweet when you realise half your wins are either turn 1 forfeits or an in game team.
>>
>>32843852
>>32843901

I have a question for you guys. I'm a total noob at battling. I want to get better at it and learn all the ins and outs, so I've been practicing on Showdown. But my biggest issue is I'm terrified of PVP. Any game with PVP, I'm literally shaking like a leaf and so stressed I just can't do it. It seems no matter how much I try, how much I do improve, I can't shake this fear. When I do my battles, I have to rest my 3DS in my lap because my hands shake so hard I'd drop it. I wish my husband played Pokemon and I could just ask him to battle with my team for me.

How do I learn to get good and overcome this phobia?
>>
>>32843852
I feel bad knowing im decimating children who just want to have fun. I go ham on the japs though
>>
>>32844022
the more you suck, the more the game tries to put you against other people who suck. who it events out
>>
>>32844022
I've heard people have that kind of anxiety with online games, but I don't understand it much myself. Maybe you just need to play more until you get comfortable. It's not like you're in a tournament with thousands of people watching, it's just you and another dude playing a game.
>>
>>32844089
probably wont even remember them after the fight
>>
>>32844022
Are you 100% sure it's not excitement? I know my heart pumps like crazy when playing tekken online. Also happens sometimes on showdown when I manage to turn the tables when I'm losing.

Which makes me think: have you tried showdown randoms? They're immediate and might help you overcome the anxiety
>>
File: fiestagen5.jpg (347KB, 900x856px) Image search: [Google]
fiestagen5.jpg
347KB, 900x856px
>>32844064
>>32844089
>>32844129
Thank you all so much for the replies!

I agree, I think it's just a matter of doing it enough that I get desensitized to it. I have to keep reminding myself no one cares, you know? No one is judging my dumb plays or making fun of me. No one is going to remember me.

And it's definitely a fear based anxiety. I played WoW pretty hardcore back in the day(raiding) and I'd always get roped into being the healer for old school AV and Basin and then trying to top the arenas ladder... all the yelling and bitching over vent...

But I'm super proud, I actually won 2 out of 3! I used a Z-Splash Mimikyu with a Psych Up Komala and Bruxish (for Dazzle) in the back and then either Galvantula or Excadrill. Then I had a Murkrow along for funsies because I spent hours chaining for a Prankster one and dammit, he was coming along.

I'm gonna check out those Showdown randoms now! Thanks for all the suggestions!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.