[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/'s rival challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: rivals.png (409KB, 620x631px) Image search: [Google]
rivals.png
409KB, 620x631px
Hello /vp/, today I want to propose you something different.

We're all playing pokémon games, different games, different gens, different reasons to do so.
What I liked most during my childhood/teenage and ever so lightly now on my young adult age, is comparing progress with friends, checking up our teams battling gym after gym.
I could do it so often back in the days, when everybody was bonkers on pokémon, now I only have a few friends who're still into the series like me, and usually they only play for the first month of a new game hype season.

What I'm proposing is, for whoever of you who wants to fulfill the dream of adventuring together, of a periodic challenge that's not the super easy gym battles, to exchange our friend codes and start playing together some games, cheking progress every now and then, battling when we're on the same page.
Scheduling is not mandatory cause of timezones, busy days, timing of availability, and people who still play with exp share on vs people who don't.

I hope you'll like my idea so this can become a trend, maybe a new "general" kind of thread if it becomes popular.
--------------------------------------
As for me: I'm about to begin a new run of ORAS, exp share off, somebody wants to join or is playing it atm?
>>
>>32842156
no
>>
>>32842156
Cool idea, OP! I don't have the time to do something like this right now unfortunately, I hope someone will join you though
>>
>>32842500
Thanks ;_;, it feels so lonely to not receive answers at all, maybe it is cause of timezones. America's probably still asleep.
I hope someone joins too, I'm sorry you don't have time to play
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>32842156
I'm interested, but not very competitive minded. Would that be alright?
>>
>>32842845
Of course, who cares about competitive we're trying to have fun
>>
>>32842845
Also I'm out and about without access to my friend code so keep that in mind.
>>
>>32842850
I'll be available from 7PM CEST, we'll catch up later right here if that's okay
>>
>>32842850
Hey, I hoped someone else joins us, it's be fun playing in a group.
I'll wait a hour, maybe someone else will join us, what do you plan on playing? Gen 6 I hope
>>
I want to do this so bad! When do you want to do this? I might erase my xy save data for this
>>
>>32843686
OR

I'm basically tied up for the day and I'm CST. I promise I'll have free time tomorrow so let's start then. I'm thinking 9 am CST (2pm CEST). Does that work for you?
>>
File: 1485625907189.jpg (210KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485625907189.jpg
210KB, 1000x700px
>>32843764
Nice! We're three as of now, we're thinking about beginning tomorrow, what's your timezone?
>>32843821
Yeah sounds good, so we have some time to wait other trainers to join us, I figure we're all playing gen 6.

Also we don't need to schedule a precise time, I don't want this to be a work-like pressure thing, we canbegin in different times and just try to align our battles to be the most balanced possible (which is not even a big issue, we want to have fun, not compete!)

Thanks you guys for joining in, I hope the thread won't die overnight.
>>
>>32843873
Do you have a discord? I'm really looking forward to doing this.

Also I can't find either my oras or xy games so Moon it is for me.
>>
File: bbbbrrrrr.jpg (550KB, 1416x1048px) Image search: [Google]
bbbbrrrrr.jpg
550KB, 1416x1048px
>>32844603
Gen 6 and gen 7 can't communicate... I think
It'd be best if you could find your gen 6 game I guess, unless you don't care about battling or so

Btw I dont usually use discord, if you can help me create a chatroom there I'd be glad
Also I'm going to bed so I'll leave the thread of the night, please don't let it die ;_;

I'd make another anyways.
Welcome people, let's make a neat group, responsibility's all yours for at least 12 hours

Also I should use a tripcode
>>
I might be in if this becomes a thing
>>
I just found my Pokemon X game and starting it now.
>>
>>32845571
That's cool, I'll start tomorrow and catch up with you, add FC and all, maybe if you have time record your progress here after you've done playing

See ya
>>
>>32845704
Cool will do, I'll add your fc too!
>>
I'm going into the first town after the santalune forest in X
>>
>>32849259
Morning here
What timezone are you in? I'll begin in a few hours and stop at petalburg woods, so maybe we can have our first battle later if you feel like it

In the meantime let's home someone else joins us
>>
>>32842156
This is kind of interesting, I'd do this right now if I didn't have any save files I would miss. Sorry you haven't gotten much traction with this thread op, but if you're still around by the time vc gs and usum are released I'd play with you then.
>>
>>32849714
I'll be around, I always am around
Thanks anyway for stepping by, if you ever change your mind you're welcome to join us
>>
>>32849737
Sounds good, I'll stick around. When I get my 3ds later I'll leave my friend code and add you.
>>
File: rivals.png (319KB, 918x1590px) Image search: [Google]
rivals.png
319KB, 918x1590px
Ok I'm back from work, I've made this so we'll have a nice picture for the new thread when the time comes.
Do you think we can add some new rules? Or do you think you can do graphically better at doing this thing than me? (literally 10 mins in ms paint)

I'm beginning now my AS run, will update when I'm done, hopefully after 22 CEST we can have our first battle!
>>
>>32851272
Almost forgot we can benefit from a discord, someone's got a better hang on it than me?
>>
File: alolastarters.gif (828KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
alolastarters.gif
828KB, 500x281px
>>32842156
Im starting a new Sun game where I named my PC Anon, stuck at the starters because Im not sure which is most fitting, though I am leaning towards Popplio

This is going to be a Nuzlocke

Anyone want to Nuzlocke Sun/Moon beside me?
My friend code is 2707-2431-1879, ZePangolin
>>
>>32851381
>>32851414

I made one, brand new baby though
Join and help me shape it

xuaAbMh
>>
>>32849259
You went off discord, I'm heading in petalburg woods rn, you stil there?
>>
kinda late to the party, but would the people playing gen 6 together still be open to someone joining? id love to get down for X/Y in something like this.
>>
>>32852963
Dude you're totally in time, we still have to get the first badge, also get on discord
>>
>>32852990
what's the discord you're using/ you guys' discord names?
>>
>>32853012
here
>>32851433
>>
bump cause the discord is actually a very good and civilized group and we want more friends to join our adventure
>>
>>32853728
What's going on in there? I'm currently on mobile with no wifi and it'll probably be a while before I can join
>>
>>32842156
I like this but I am too autistic to restart any of my files.
>>
>>32854238
right now it's just a few people getting started, 2 people have done a battle against each other before entering santalune/ petalburg woods
>>
>>32854238
We play the game and have fun together battling as we progress through it. Seems fun, the more the better.
Also we've got an active-ish discord, I can't wait this thread dies so I can make another with more info in the OP.
>>
>>32854534
Yup, I just spent the last hour and a half downloading the app and fiddling on the mobile site, shit sucks but Im finally on
>>
>>32854534
where is the discord?
>>
>>32854601
>>32851433
>>
>>32855172
thanks
>>
one more bump for this one
>>
>>32854238
just some really light chatter, theres not many in the server
>>
Op from mobile
Going to sleep, got first badge, you can progress after that if you will, I should catch up easily
Team is of 4 members, levels 12-14

Let me know
>>
Is it okay to join the discord if we can't do the play-along thing right now? I'm trying to finish the dex in Moon but I'd like to chat with y'all
>>
Sure, I'm not playing anything right now either, but the chat has been dead for the last couple of hours.
>>
>>32857948
Whoops meant to reply to >>32857855
>>
bumperoni
>>
Woke up, I still have 2 hours before I'm off work, where're you guys at?
>>
>>32855616
I'll go challenge the Santalune gym then and work my way up the route afterwards.
>>
>>32859433
great, so we can battle in a few hours. I hope Kitty comes by too, though she's far in the USA when it's still going to be night for some hours

Also I was thinking about letting the thread die, so the new OP picture with the guidelines can maybe attract some people in?
Is it a stupid idea?
>>
>>32859452
nah, should be fine, with guidelines and all that as well
>>
This sounds pretty fun. I could play Moon, OR, Y, Black 2, White, or Diamond. Also emulating Gen 1 to 3. Would anyone be interested in that?
>>
>>32859671
I'd advice you to play gen 6 or 7, since we're 3 running XY/ORAS and a single guy nuzlocking moon. Get in the discord too mang, this is worth on the long time.

or you can play whatever game you like, without battling in key points if that's not your thing, do as your heart says!
>>
On my way to the next town I caught another mon for my team with a surprisingly good nature as well.

and i just realized people could do gen 3 pretty easily as well with PokeMMO.
>>
>>32859707
Great, how many on your team?
And what do you mean with the pokéMMO thing?
>>
>>32859707
PokeMMO, what's that?
>>
>>32859713
>>32859716
https://pokemmo.eu/

I now have 3 mons on my team
>>
>>32859721
you do need to get the roms yourself, but you can travel to both hoenn and kanto regardless of where you start and it adds a lot of johto mon as well; a hgss rom upgrades graphics
>>
>>32859721
meh, it doesn't appeal to me very much desu
>>
This is such a fun idea. It reminds me of how much I used to play Pokemon with my brother and how we would have races to see who beats a Pokemon game first.

I don't have time now, but are players free to join the Rival Challenge anytime?
>>
>>32859772
of course! We have just begun, grab your game and get in here
>>
>>32859772
Yeah, sure! Progress isn't really scheduled, we just try to meet ends. You're free to join anytime.
>>
>>32859731
Shisu my shift is about to end, are you ready?
>>
Get in there everybody, let this thread die in peace

>>32859992
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.