[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consider the following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Gen 8 on the switch is an open world action rpg with some smash bros-esque battle controls (just in 3d obviously)

You'd generally control your lead pokemon when it's out with the trainer either running behind or riding, just controlling the trainer when pokemon are in balls. Wild battles aren't screenwipe encounters but are actually just out in the environment.

The series permanently goes in this direction.

How likely is it and how would you feel about it?
>>
>>32840622
Whoa there buddy I think you're asking Ganefreak for too much. They just barely implemented 3D models in the latest gens and they haven't switched up anything yet.

But I could see them implement real time battles at least in the game itself. With a wider range of animation and motion instead of models being stuck to one place. While online battles will still be turn based.
>>
>>32840622
Could people please stop asking for Pokémon to switch fucking genres
There's a reason Pokémon Showdown is so popular, it's because Pokémon's core gameplay is fun
Whatever, you're probably some /v/ idiot who's played a ROM hack on his phone and thinks it makes him a Pokémon fan
>>
>>32840742
why is this game's fanbase so terrified of something different
why do you people want to keep playing the same game over and over
i really don't get it
>>
>>32840824
>why do you people want to keep playing the same game over and over

Every franchise that has existed in the past decade says hi.
>>
File: 1480578573047.jpg (66KB, 760x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480578573047.jpg
66KB, 760x540px
>>32840824
>why do Pokémon fans want to play Pokémon?
Gee I really don't know.
>>
Kinda sounds like the shit they did with ff crystal chronicles where you run around hitting shit instead of the turn based ff thing.
>>
>>32840622
>open world
Stopped reading there.
LE EPIK OPEN WORLD MEME GUYS SO AWESOME LE EPIKK OPEN WORLD I WANT OPEN WORLD TETRIS
>>
It isn't happening and it would be shit.

>>32840824
Because when I play Pokemon I want to play fucking Pokemon. This also applies to the more story-driven direction the series has taken in recent entries.
>>
>>32840824
gee why do mario fans want to keep jumping and running and shooting fireball at things, I really don't get it
Pokemon is pretty much the only jRPG that can still pull off a pure turn-based battle system today without faux-real time gimmicks and I'd like to keep it that way.
>>
>>32840622
>open world action rpg with some smash bros-esque battle controls

Sounds terrible.

Plain open world also sounds terrible due to how pokémon works
>>
>>32841739
well, you -could- split the game in two halves, a linear one at the beginning and then a more sandboxy/open-ended endgame (kinda like the world of order/world of ruin in ff6). This principle was applied (albeit to a minimal degree) in the first 3 gens and it could be expanded upon.
>>
>How likely is it
0, main games will always stay a turn based RPG
>>
>>32840824
I play other games for that
And there was a pokemon action rpg, kinda, it was pokemon rumble
>>
How about like DQ8 where the Pokemon could show up on the field instead of random encounter
>>
>>32840622
>Gen 8 on the switch is an open world
Stopped reading there. GameFreak doesn't have the balls, skill, or trust in players to not be linear game. The waypoint system and telling you what is effective against what shows that they aren't skillful enough with level design to make anything that isn't a tight corridor.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.