[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiverse Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Following the multiversal lore in Pokemon if I transfer a Clefairy from Virtual Console Red Version it should be a Normal type in SM right? Because there's fairy type in it's original universe.

Also, do you think there's a Kalos and Alola in the original universe?

Lore thread I guess.
>>
>>32839786
*there's no fairy type

Damn
>>
Transfered non Alolan Pikachus evolve into Alolan Raichu's (along with some other non Alolan mon). I guess Alola forces Pokemon to conform to the regional environment
>>
>>32839786
>Also, do you think there's a Kalos and Alola in the original universe?

No reason Alola shouldn't be. As for Kalos, there was simply no ultimate weapon involved. In other words, the anime's version of Kalos. Mega evolution could even have come about another way.

The best question to ask is, do other regions even exist in the gen 1 universe outside of Indigo?
>>
>>32839958
>The best question to ask is, do other regions even exist in the gen 1 universe outside of Indigo?
Johto
>>
>>32839958
Or is each gen a different universe?
>>
>>32840027
Each version is a different universe.
>>
Each game cartridge is a different universe. They even called the device that can move things between worlds a link cable. This is how the characters of Pokemon can reference our own world, they have inter dimensional technology.
>>
>>32843435
That's why transfered pokemon from past gens have the info about travelling the 'time and space from X region'
>>
>>32839786
No, you are fucking retarded. Fairy type was undiscovered in the first two main universes while it was quickly discovered in the third one (probably thanks to Kalos), but canonically fairies always existed, just like Dark and Steel type were just "undiscovered" in the first main universe (RGB) until the second game (GSC) while the other two main universes already knew about these types since the beginning
>>
File: Línea cronológica mini.png (125KB, 1024x521px) Image search: [Google]
Línea cronológica mini.png
125KB, 1024x521px
>>32840027
Gen 1 and 2 are one universe
Gen 3, 4 and 5 are another one
Gen 6 and 7 are the current one
>>
>>32839786
You start out with the three base universes: Gen 1-2, Gen 3-5, and Gen 6-current. Now, each game is its own universe within each (Ruby and Sapphire with different villains, for instance). That means, at base, Gen 3 and 4 have 3 different universes each (RSE and DPPt). The same applies to all the others.

Now, each game (with the exception of Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, and Silver) has two sub-universes: one where the hero/champion is a boy and one where the hero/champion is a girl. So, for example, both Lucas and Dawn each go on a journey, collect 8 badges, defeat Team Galactic and save the world from Dialga/Palkia, and become Sinnoh League champion--they just each do it in different universes (Diamond Lucas, Pearl Lucas, Platinum Lucas, Diamond Dawn, Pearl Dawn, and Platinum Dawn), with the other being Rowan's assistant.

Next, you divide those sub-universes 3 more times to account for both possible protagonists picking each of the 3 starters in each of the generation incarnations.

Finally, different players catching different Pokémon in different places at different times thus means there are virtually infinite Pokémon universes.

As an aside, technically, due to interdimensional rifts being canon (Delta Episode and Ultra Beasts), you can technically argue that the anime universe is one of these alternate Pokémon universes. Thus, through interdimensional travel, you can technically argue that it is possible, via canon means, to have Ash meet Red and battle him.
>>
>>32844113
>not including SUMO Red
>>
File: 1485633825444.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1485633825444.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>32844689
>including the version of Red which isn't a protagonist anymore
No..?
>>
>>32844352
Gen 1 - 5 are one timeline. No idea why you two think otherwise.

The second is then 6+.

Not that any of this has anything to do with the original question. The answer to which is "No.".

It would still be Fairy because it was always a Fairy and just incorrectly identified.

The same is the case with animal research in real life with us defining something as one species when through genetic testing we later find out it's not related at all.

Clefairy was classed as a Normal-Type when didn't know to define the Fairy-Type. Sina and Dexio explain this before you reach Lumiose City in X/Y. No matter where the Pokémon not previously classified as Fairy came from, at this time, they do and thus are because they alwasy were.

For example, if you see a really mangy cat and call it a dog that means nothing. It was always a cat you were just wrong in your classification. Only an idiot would keep calling it a dog.
>>
>>32844352
Look here, this is the best answer I've ever seen in these sort of threads. Well put together and holistic theory that doesn't reject any of the previous canon incarnations of our adventures. Easily the direction GF seems to be pushing for with Legendary pre-evos, Fallers, Ultra Wormholes, Zinnia saving GBA Hoenn, Hoopa, Magearna being the first artificial mon etc... all of this is explained away quickly with this. Bravo Anon, i've been trying too much to chunk these canons into blocks. Seems useless when this is clearly the way they are going
>>
>>32844113
Is gen 8 going to start a new one? Since its a new console? I think we will get a new type next gen.
>>
>>32845365
Who knows
Wait for the DP remake and then we will see how much connected is the new Sinnoh game with XY, ORAS and SM
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.