[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats your least favourite gen desing wise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Bronzor.png (169KB, 520x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bronzor.png
169KB, 520x480px
Mine's GEN IV, i found it's pokemon pretty boring.
>>
>>32837970
5, without a shadow of a doubt. They were definitely going for quantity over quality.
>>
File: 1449505264331.png (101KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1449505264331.png
101KB, 800x700px
boring designs and garbage competitively
>>
Gen 1 designs. I've nothing against any Pokemon but Kanto's are the least interesting.
>>
>>32837970
>>
GEN 4 too
>>
>>32837970
Gen 2 or 4.
>>
I haven't been liking most of the cutesy first stages from 5 and 6, except for a few exceptions. Big heads, big eyes, and tiny bodies doesn't look good on everything. Overall, though, I noticed I have very few favorite Pokémon from gen 3 that aren't legendaries.
>>
4, without a doubt. A lot of them were just plain ugly and looked like a middle schooler's fakemon, but to put salt in the wound some of them were evolutions to previous ones that just went and ruined them.
>>
File: croagunk.gif (2MB, 370x372px) Image search: [Google]
croagunk.gif
2MB, 370x372px
>>32837970
You posted it. There's a couple of standouts like the starters and toxicroak line, but overall it's just not my cup of tea. Gen III and V had a bunch of really terrible designs, but they had roughly equal or greater amounts of good designs, too.
>>
>>32837988
This.

Gen 2 and 6 just were bad overall.
>>
>>32837970
Gen 7 is absolute garbage.
>>
none because art changes all the time with every generation, and thus so do Pokemon designs

but if I had to choose it would probably be gen 2, and I say that loosely
>>
>>32837970
gen 7, although there's a lot of good ones, there's also some absolutely terrible ones
>>
>>32838002
this. Most gen 1 pokemon would be forgettable if not for being the first.
>>
1 and or 2
>>
>>32837970
4, probably. A lot of the Pokemon felt like garbage to use during my playthroughs and it seemed like they were specifically designed to be annoying.
>>
>>32837970
2 hands down.
>>
Gen 2.
The only good design was suicune
>>
>>32839877
fuck you eusine
>>
>>32837970
>>32838329
>>32839568
Same. I'll still play Platinum and hope it gets a remake that I might like more but apart from a few designs that is one shit dex.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and tastes but people who like gen 4 and have some of their worse designs as their favorite always surprises me. It's not like one guy either. Everyone jumps in and talks about how a turd is their "bro".

There are other gens I don't like but 4 has to be the worst.
>>
Hard to choose

2 has the most shit, but has a couple I love.

1 is too conservative for my taste.

6 would be down there with 1 for me if Diancie didn't exist.
>>
File: 1475708938151.jpg (24KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475708938151.jpg
24KB, 480x270px
wow i cant believe everyone itt has such shit taste
>>
>>32841765
yeah well what's you're least favorite gen design-wise
>>
>>32841890
5 and 7, with exceptions of sigilyph, scrafty, pawniard, bisharp, golurk, mimikyu, and araquanid
every other pokemon from those gens can fuck off
>>
File: Scared.png (12KB, 90x199px) Image search: [Google]
Scared.png
12KB, 90x199px
>>32837970
>only realised last week that Bronzor doesn't have a smiley mouth
ruined the design for me, now it's just a plate instead of a happy plate
>>
>>32837970
I concur, gen 4 is the worst. Designs felt uninspired, color palettes were lacklustre, and the Gen 1 evos had good concepts but were implemented poorly (e.g. Magmortar's cannon arms).

A shame for a gen with good story and soundtrack.
>>
>>32837970
That's a weird looking fidget spinner
>>
File: eelektrosscard.png (313KB, 468x303px) Image search: [Google]
eelektrosscard.png
313KB, 468x303px
>>32837986
Yet somehow they were better than a majority of what 2 and 4 contributed to the series. Remember that they thought CHIMECHO of all things needed a pre-evo.
>>
>>32838360
6 at least had great designs

2 gave us Tyranitar and Skarmory too, at least
>>
>>32841919
>>>>Scrafty
Opinion discarded
>>
I think if I went through and calculated the percentage of designs that were either under average or actively disliked by me it would probably be 1, 3, or 6.
Gen 1 had shit like Raticate and the Seel line. Inoffensive but boring. Gen 1 would not be beloved if it wasn't for the more expressive spitework, I feel.
The color schemes of a lot of gen 3 mons combined with the more cartoonish proportions (compare Hoothoot to Tailow, look at Volbeat and Illumise, Grumpig, Numel) was not something I was a fan of. There's something that just feels weird about a lot of mons from this gen that I can't really place.
Gen 6 was just kind of boring and has a lot of ugly things too (Goodra ruining my beloved Sligoo, Florges, Gogoat, Pyroar, Diggersby). Also has my favorite designs in the series (Tyrantum, Slurpuff, Pumpkaboo). Low number of new mons + decently high quantity of shit designs.
Shout out to gen 5 having the works mons in the franchise, Sawk and Throh.
>>
>>32841919
>Sigilyph
I'll forgive your shit taste just this once.
>>
GEN 4 sucks desing wise, but it has the best region
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.