[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /vp/'s opinion on Alola forms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: zAh1mk0.jpg (261KB, 800x1072px) Image search: [Google]
zAh1mk0.jpg
261KB, 800x1072px
What's /vp/'s opinion on Alola forms?
>>
good but needs heavy expansion
>>
I'm hoping they'll do something with non-Kanto Pokemon, or at least give one to Arbok in USM
>>
>>32835375
Everyone's been asking for species variations for years, so now that we finally have it we hate it
>>
Potential but handled pretty poorly. Not nearly as creative as I thought they were going to be
>>
I like it but I'm worried they'll become irrelevant and disappear once we leave Alola. I'd like to see the idea continued but in different regions, having multiple forms for the same pokeman would be sort of a waste as long as there's a Pokemon without an alt. form but at the same time I like the idea of having multiple forms of early classics.
>>
File: 1498155974549.jpg (161KB, 800x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1498155974549.jpg
161KB, 800x1072px
>>32835375
Fixed it.
>>
File: 1498033905342.png (71KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498033905342.png
71KB, 400x500px
Were is Lurantises Alola form?
>>
>>32835429
it's right >>32835429 there
>>
>>32835375
Muk looking like shit aside they're pretty good and a great concept.
Though they should make some for non Kanto mons.
>>
>>32835375
Great concept, but mediocre execution overall.
>>
>>32835375
Fucking great. I want 802 of them.
>>
File: Alolanekansandarbok.jpg (86KB, 1200x729px) Image search: [Google]
Alolanekansandarbok.jpg
86KB, 1200x729px
>>32835397
T H I S
I love how all of them look except for golem (who compensates by being fun to use), the only problem is that they didn't make more. I'd like some non gen 1 forms, but I want arbok more.
>>
A decent way to increase the viability of older mons
>>
I love the concept, it's just too bad they were lazily executed, with only like 4 actual new forms and they are all ice/dark
>>
>>32835420
I honestly don't see how they can work them into any other game, since they are Alola forms. I could see some trainers having them but no way will they catchable. Unless Gamefreak goes full retard and just adds them into new games anyway.
>>
>>32835730
They can always say
"Look! There's a tropical area! Here the climate is so weird that some Pokémon changed their types as it happens in the Alola region!"
>>
>>32835422
>removes alolan rattata and alolan meowth
>not alolan raticate and alolan persian
are you fucking dense or what
>>
File: blue alolan forms.png (43KB, 641x119px) Image search: [Google]
blue alolan forms.png
43KB, 641x119px
Hi, we're the blue Alolan forms. Out of all the Alolans introduced in Sun and Moon, we're the only ones that are completely blue.

Why would this matter, we hear you ask. Well, turns out our original Kanto forms were once together in a game that was recently re-released (just a little bit before Sun and Moon came out) called... Pokémon Blue. Just like us. What a neat little coincidence, right?

It's also interesting to note that out of those old Red and Blue exclusives, every one else besides us had already got some sort of attention over the years: Magmar got a baby and then an evolution, Pinsir got a Mega. So we finally got something, turns out it was the exact color of the game.

The Red equivalents for these mons also haven't been forgotten: Electabuzz, Scyther and Vileplume got evolutions, a baby, a side evolution, and even a mega.

But OUR old Red equivalents. Ekans, Arbok, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe and Arcanine. Time hasn't been kind on them, all of them have only gotten more and more ignored and forgotten over the years. When will it be their time to shine?...

...Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have just been announced, and with it we can expect more Alolan forms. Hint hint.

Please pay attention to the future, we're trying to tell you something. We hope you can guess what.

See you in November. Or maybe not, maybe somebody else will be seeing you later.
>>
>>32835375
Great idea, but the fact that it's arbitrarily limited to Kanto Pokemon ruins it. Had it been Pokemon from other gens as well, it could have been a way to really develop the Pokemon "ecosystem" and make world feel more alive. As it is, it feels terribly artificial and out of place. The worst part is knowing there's no way to fix it short adding in another thirty or so Alola forms from gens 2-4, and also the likelihood that regional forms will never be done again, making this yet another weird and dated permanent mar on the franchise.
>>
>>32835375
We need, Growlithe, Ekans and Mankey. Another Trade evolution line from Gen 1 shoulda got done alongside Geodude.
DigDug and DragonTree should be retconned out of reality. Persian coulda been better but I don't hate it.
Non-Kantomons need to be done.
That's it.
>>
I like the idea, it's a good way of introducing more Pokémon without bloating the dex and some of them give interesting type combinations.

That being said, it's disappointing that the stats arn't reworked more heavily and the fact at how few there were.

Also the fact that they're exclusive to Gen 1 Pokémon is annoying, since it feels like more genwun pandering. I'd love to see something like the Slugma or Solosis lines get retyped.
>>
>>32835730
Safari Zone
>>
>>32835422
Found the retard
>>
>>32835790
Completely forgot about that. That could work.
>>
>>32835422
You took away the better of the Raticate and Persian lines.

Rattata > Raticate
Meowth >>> Persian
>>
>>32835375
Worse fixes than Mega Evolution. Let's see:

>Alolan Variations
18 Alolan Variations, which 10 are fully evolved, and from those 10 only 3 are in a higher tier than the Regular Pokémon (Ninetales, Muk, Marowak). Also retardly min-maxing on their stats and the abilities are either the same or similar (Sand Veil/Snow Cloak and Sand Rush/Slush Rush on Sandshrew lines, Drought/Snow Warning on Vulpix lines, Sand Force on Digglet lines, Rattled and Technician on Meowth lines, etc.)

>Mega Evolutions
48 Mega Evolutions, which 9 of them (Steelix, Tyranitar, Banette, Glalie, Latias, Latios, Garchomp, Banette, and Audino) are either bad or worse than non-Mega form. Also gave Pokémon a 4th ability, and for Starters a new ability to use if you can't get its HA, and stats improve (+100 points in all stats except HP)
>>
I would've preferred just alternate colors and pattern variations, kind of like the tropical pokemon from that one anime episode.

I like Sandshrew and Sandslash the most though. Ice may be a shit type, but I genuinely liked Iglooshrew.
>>
>>32835869
remove ttar, megatar is good this gen
>>
>>32835869
You fucks bitches all day about megas being broken so now shut up
>>
>>32835869
>why alolan forms didnt increase the power creep like megas did
>>
>>32835869
>+100 stats with mostly good abilities is better than swapping types with mostly regular abilities

wow no shit sherlock
>>
>>32835399
K A N T O P A N D E R I N G

A

N

T

O

P

A

N

D

E

R

I

N

G
>>
>>32835375
I love alolan raticate
>>
I think some of the Alolan forms will remain basically "exclusive" to Alola, outside of special giveaways or in-game trades.

But I foresee every future region getting their own equivalents.

What some overlook is the "exclusivity" would drive people to get Pokémon Bank and buy past games so they can get rare forms from certain regions. GF obviously wants to turn Pokémon into a platform and that works very nicely with that.
>>
I care about them as much as Mega Evolutions.

By that, I mean barely.
>>
I won't be satisfied until they start new-forming and mega evolving other gens
>>
>>32835770

By your logic, Growlithe and Arcanine would become completely red.

Which is kind of ironic, since they're already sort of orange/red.
>>
>>32835375
Dumb idea that allowed for laziness and even worse execution.
I hope it gets removed in gen 8.
>>
>>32836331
Shut up.
>>
>>32835375
Shit. I hate the fact that most are direct upgrades rather than being interchangable. Making a completely fucking new and better in every way Pokemon is not how you improve something.
>Muk is unusable
>just use this shiny new one so you never have to bother with the lame old one again
>>
>>32835375
A lot of it is wasted potential. Only 4 pokemon truly benefit from it: The Vulpix line, the Grimer line, Marowak, and Raichu since those are the mons that actually get things that radically change their offensive presence by giving them better stats and a wider/different movepool like Raichu and Ninetales, better abilities like Marowak, or just having a godly type combination like Muk.

Everything else either stayed roughly the same of got even worse from their regular forms like the Rattatta and Diglett lines. The dark subtyping did absolutely nothing for Raticate as now its 4x weak to fighting and is weak to bug now on top of that, and it got even SLOWER. The same can be said for Diglett and Dugtrio: the added steel typing gives almost no advantages and just adds more weaknesses than it already had.

If you're gonna give an old pokemon a new look and typing, either change it completely, give it a subtype that actually compliments its original instead of hindering it, or if you do give it a detrimental typing (dark/normal), give it the stats necessary to make it useful!
>>
>>32835375
The same opinion I have about Gen V pokemon: some of them are cool, most of them are shit.
>>
>>32837951
>The dark subtyping did absolutely nothing for Raticate as now its 4x weak to fighting

wrong. dark is good coverage alongside normal and raticate died to all fighting moves anyway.
>>
>>32835375
Didn't mind the idea, but needs more.

>>32835420
Spot on.
>>
>>32835770
>all of them have only gotten more and more ignored and forgotten over the years
VGC and UU has a Soemething to tell you
>>
It's an inherently shitty idea for a multitude of reasons.
>>
>>32835375
Pandering to OldFags. All could be New pokemons.
>>
>>32835375
I mean they're all useless except Marowak
>>
>>32835724
>Exeggutor
>Raichu
>Marowak
u wot
>>
I love the concept of there being regional forms, it's such a nice parallel to tropical animals and different climates. But I don't like the designs of many of the Alola forms. I'm happy to use most of them in battle, but I just can't bring myself to like their designs, except Marowak and maybe Raichu.
>>
>>32835375
Excellent idea, poor execution.

Dont get me wrong, some are awesome. Marowak became one of my absolute favorite Pokemon now. Ninetales, Exeggutor, Muk, Sandslash and Raichu are great.

Unfortunately, the ones that arent good, fucking suck dick. Raticates decent I guess, but Persian, Dugtrio and Golem are some of the absolute ugliest, shittiest pokemon designs ever. Aside from the god awful designs of half of them, they also screw up elsewhere:

>Hardly any altogether
>A lot of """"slots"""" are taken up by pre-evolutions, making it seem like there are more than there actually are
>Limited to one generation
>Poor type distribution
>Most have little significant changes

Needs expansion on, big time.
>>
>>32835375
Great concept that needs to be developed further, which is exactly what game freak hates to do
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 524x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 524x495px
Improvement.

I want to see one for Mega Golem.
>>
>>32840367
looks good. would touch the fluff/10
>>
>>32835790
>what the Safari Zones should've been had regional variants existed from the jump
>>
>>32835375
not regional water, flying, bug, fighting,

grass, ground, electric, poison (not count because keep their kanto type)

I mean, 1 regional form by each type was the right thing
>>
>>32840977
What did he mean by this?
>>
Good enough
Would love to see variants of newer Pokemon in older region though, things like Johto Litwick
Some of the older region are heavily inspired by specific culture, so why not
>>
>>32837951
>better abilities like Marowak.
Marowak kept the same abilities.
>>
They're pretty neat. I would like to see more region variants.
>>
>>32835375
Too few, too many jokes.
>>
Shit, needs to be retconned.
>>
>>32835417
>Potential
Potential for what exactly? It's literally just a new pokemon but with a lazy recycled design made to pander to the genwunners.
>>
>>32838623
Arcanine is RU. And absolute shit in UU.
>>
>>32835375
Good idea, but poorly executed.
>>
>>32835375
Unnecessary, like megas and the fairy type.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.