[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop being so cynical and pessimistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1483155414771.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483155414771.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
Stop being so cynical and pessimistic
>>
I will stop being those things once Game Freak gives me reason to not be those things.
>>
>>32834758

shut up you're just a walking rock
>>
Every other game company in the world can make a new engine for a new console without gimping content, why can't GameFreak?
>>
>>32835877
>every other game company

a lie
>>
>>32835877
Other companies doesn't have to keep baking games every year because otherwise their autistic fans with throw a tantrum.

>But EA
EA has 1000 times the resources and budget GF does.
>>
>>32835877
bethesda and activision engines bork constantly. at least GF bugtests.
>>
>>32835908
>Other companies doesn't have to keep baking games every year because otherwise their autistic fans with throw a tantrum.
Assassins Creed, CoD, WWE, Lego, and every sportsball game say Hi.
>>
>>32834758
I will when given reasons to not be.
>>
>>32835996
Not him, but again they have a larger budget
>>
Incredible Banana Expander
>>
>>32839946
But there's a point where being a pessimistic cynicism goes beyond setting low expectations and straight into retardation

>There were people that actually thought the Pokemon Direct would be nothing

Is just one example of what I mean.
>>
Gamefreak can do better then sun and moon. It was an okay game by most game standards, but for pokemon it was pretty bottom of the barrel and it really showed.

If the ultra versions are good, I will give them praise, but no company gets my blind approval just because I have enjoyed their past products.
>>
>>32834758
Stop being so crystinical and prismistic
>>
>>32839946
>Better a pessimistic cynic who relinquish all hope of things getting better than a hopeful optimist who keep getting their dream shattered all the while hanging onto every small possibility of things getting better.
Anime says otherwise.
>>
File: 1488046874661.png (324KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488046874661.png
324KB, 800x800px
>>32834780
>>32838134
>>32839946

Appreciate what you have, stop being so fucking keen on negative shit and look forward to the future.

You're never going to get every single thing you want. You're the kinds of people who set your expectations so high, that you legitimately think that the franchise caters to you and only you. There's no point in trying to please you people when you'll make it your life's endgame to find every bit of inconsequential bullshit to bitch about and make threads and posts about.

Fuck off, you ungrateful faggots. All the games are good in their own right and each and every one of them is a stepping stone the right direction.
>>
File: bnha12[1].jpg (65KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
bnha12[1].jpg
65KB, 848x480px
>>32839946
The thing about opportunities is, is that it only takes one. If you always shoot for the moon, it only takes one successful launch to get you there, regardless of how many times you've previously failed.

So you can settle, set your sights on something you know you will hit. Or you can keep trying, keep holding on as long as any shred of hope remains, until your perseverance and the odds of victory sort themselves out. And behind every great man, every noteworthy individual, there is that story of perseverance and eventual opportunity. Now yes, there are plenty who died before they succeeded. A larger number who gave up and settled for that path of assured mediocrity. But for those of us who will settle only for greatness or nothing at all, there is no other way to live, young Midoriya.
>>
>>32840185
>You're the kinds of people who set your expectations so high
That kinda goes against what a "cynic" means though.
I can't deny there are people like that, but a "pessimistic cynic" isn't what I'd call them. They're more of a "hopelessly hopeful idiot".
>>
>>32840311
Nonsense. These are people who expect to be let down, so they set their expectations so high it's guaranteed, because that's what gives the most comfy brainfeel. If they had done differently they might have had to question those deeprooted opinions.
Expect disappointment, raise the bar so high it can't do anything but fail your unreasonable criteria, then pat yourself on the back reassured that this is just the way things are, it was always doomed to failure, your beliefs are unquestionably well-founded and secure.

It's a very common pattern in psychiatry, really.
>>
>>32834780
just play something else you sadist lol
>>
>>32834785
shut up you're just a walking cock
>>
>>32840505
I definitely noticed this leading up to SM. Many people listed the Battle Frontier or equivalent in their requirements.

I'd like to see them name one previous game in the series that had such a facility that wasn't a third version, sequel, or remake.
>>
>>32834758
Give me a reason not to
hard mode: related to this series
extra spicy mode: something that happened after gen 5
>>
>>32840185

I'd be content with just one or two things I want, instead of the most barren game in 20 years.
>>
>>32838137
>but again they have a larger budget
Pokemon is LITERALLY one of the biggest, if not the biggest multi-media franchise in the world. Are you seriously trying to tell us that they do not have enough money to make a game with proper content and unable to make your console explode if there's more than 2 models on the screeen on the same time? C'mon son. Don't be a drone. Have some standards. Literally who studies are able to do that and more on the 3DS. That Gamefreak cannot is absolutely inexcusable.
>>
>>32840185
>Appreciate what you have, stop being so fucking keen on negative shit and look forward to the future.
How can we do this when Game Freak keeps telling us what we have is garbage and throwing it away? Even in remakes now like the Frontier?

There is no GOOD reason ALL of the previous features shouldn't be included in the new games, it's just that simple.
>>
>>32840185
>Appreciate what you have, stop being so fucking keen on negative shit and look forward to the future.
I mean seriously... What's the point of appreciating something now, it it won't be in the future? Pretty fucking pointless.
>>
>>32842213
it's to give the older games some reason to buy/play through
>>
File: 1492075742843.jpg (34KB, 640x685px) Image search: [Google]
1492075742843.jpg
34KB, 640x685px
>>32834758
Stop telling me what to do.
>Captcha: KINGSTON STOP
>>
>>32835996
Copy-pasting the engine from game to game and only change it once per generation is not creating a new engine anon
>>
>>32834758
No.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.