[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So about Zygarde in Alola >Sina and Dexio on Route 16: "Zygarde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 39

File: z.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
So about Zygarde in Alola

>Sina and Dexio on Route 16: "Zygarde is said to maintain the order of the Kalos region...then why is it in Alola...? Is it a sign that something is about to happen? If you collect Zygarde's Cells and Cores, you may get the answer"
We never get one

In the post game on Poni Island there's Resoultion Cave which basement looks exactly like the basement of Terminus Cave in Kalos. Both also have 4 sphere-like items in the spots where light shines from above. Both Resolution End Cave in Japan) and Terminus mean pretty much the same. Also the in game description of these caves are interesting
>Terminus Cave: A coal mine that was closed a few years ago due to rumors of a monster living deep within it.
>Resolution Cave: A cave that leads deep, deep down under the ground. How it got the name "resolution" is not known.
Zygarde is a legendary guradian, why would anyone called it a monster? Ironically enough Guzzlord appears in Resoultion Cave, a creature that for sure can be called a monster.

Guzzlord also shares a lot of similarities with Perfect Zygarde: both dragons, biggest stat is HP, big mouth with eyes on their chest/belly, crown shaped head, three clawed hands, even the tentacles are kind of similar. On top of that Guzzlord shiny is white just like Perfect Zygarde

Will Zygarde (and Guzzlord?) finally get a role in USUM?
>>
Let it go already, this is getting sad, do you want to become like Kojima fans?
>>
>>32832730
fpbp

There's no grand plan, they just make this shit up as they go along which will constantly change based on whatever they need to sell next.
>>
>>32832730
>We're getting a follow up to the game that just feaured Zygarde and Guzzlord
>"Let it go already"

Bored much?
>>
Never realized the similarities with Guzzlord, that would be some whacky shit but it's probably nothing
>>
>>32832718
SM were completely half-baked and unfinished. What did you expect?

But no, they probably won't finish it for USUM because Game Freak are fucking lazy.
>>
>>32832920
>calling the devs lazy
How to spot underage

If they were lazy with regards to caring about Zygarde they wouldn't have made a lengthy side quest in SM at all
>>
>>32832938
The Zygarde "quest" was a mindless collectation with no decent way of tracking progress and the quest text gave basically no new information about Zygarde itself. It's a failure in both gameplay and lore.

Not surprising that there's an overlap between people who think that's a good quest and people who think the "story" in Pokemon is actually going anywhere.
>>
>>32832938
It's lengthy to complete but in terms of programming, all it took was choosing 100 locations for a shining green interactable sparkle.
>>
>>32832938
>The Battle Frontier project has started!
>>
>>32832982
>>32833007
If they were "lazy" they would have just gifted you a Zygarde at the end of the game or something. Hell, the Zygarde forms didn't really need to be in the game in the first place. A quest is still a quest, 100 is a lot to find, it's the main reason Sina and Dexio returned, and there's still dialogue related to it through the story. No one said it's a good quest, it's just a dumb thing to accuse them of being lazy for
>>
>>32832730
Zycucks are pathetic. Gen 12 will be announced someday and they'll still grasp at straws and suggest Z is happening.
>>
File: 1482550593093.jpg (238KB, 2543x1161px) Image search: [Google]
1482550593093.jpg
238KB, 2543x1161px
>>32832718
>>32833044
Real talk, I want to believe something like this could happen but Game Freak's track record for their past 3DS titles have completely destroyed my expectations. The fact that USM is coming only a year after the previous release doesn't boost my confidence
>>
>UBs seems to be based on planets (just like the Sun and the Moon were considered planets in the past even if aren't planets anymore just like Solgaleo and Lunala are UBs adapted to our world) and Guzzlord is Pluto, the planet furthest from the Earth (Zygarde) which was considered the center of the solar system in the past
>Zygarde is life, order and the natural evolution, Pluto represent death, chaos, the forced change. At the same time, Zygarde's power (nature energy) is pretty similar to atomic energy, green, powerfull, hidden in the depth of earth, may cause weird evolution or the mutation known as megaevolution (remember ORAS when the nature energy which Groudon and Kyogre use to go to their primal forms created new megastones in Hoenn?), and Pluto also represent the atomic power, that's why the inside of Guzzlord's mouth have that pattern similar to configuration of an atom, representing the atomic power
>Guzzlord and Zygarde are both big draconid monsters
>both Dragon type
>both have great HP stats
>both have a big mouth in the chest
>both are in a similar cave, one in Terminus Cave in Kalos, the other one in Resolution cave in Alola (also its japanese name is End Cave, an obvious paralelism to "terminus")
>>
File: rainbow Necrozma Zygarde.png (655KB, 790x520px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow Necrozma Zygarde.png
655KB, 790x520px
>>32833379
>both are based on female creatures of european myths:
>"An ala or hala (plural: ale or hali) is a female mythological creature recorded in the folklore of Bulgarians, Macedonians, and Serbs. Ale are considered demons of bad weather whose main purpose is to lead hail-producing thunderclouds in the direction of fields, vineyards, or orchards to destroy the crops, or loot and take them away. EXTREMELY VORACIOUS, ale particularly like to eat children, though their GLUTTONY is not limited to Earth. It is believed they sometimes try devouring the SUN or the MOON, causing ECLIPSES, and that it would mean the end of the world should they succeed."
>"The appearance of an ala is diversely and often vaguely described in folklore. A given ala may look like a BLACK wind, a GIGANTIC CREATURE of indistinct form, a HUGE-MOUTHED, humanlike, or snakelike monster, a female DRAGON, or a raven."
>"While ale are usually hostile towards humans, they do have other POWERFUL ENEMIES that can defeat them, like DRAGONS"."
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ala_(demon)

It's pretty clear that Guzzlord is a kind of counterpart of Zygarde, but at same time Necrozma has been portrayed as the actual third legendary of Alola and it have other similarities with Zygarde
>Ten Carat Hill shape is also similar to the last room of Terminus Cave
>the form of their bodies
>the relationship with the Z letter
>rainbows
>Necrozma's back is a chaos star, while Zygarde is the Order pokémon

I knew Necrozma was about to show some capacity of absorb UBs, because both Necrozma and Guzzlord fits as Zygarde's rival in the next game so the best rival isn't either Necrozma nor Guzzlord but both at same time. Necrozma is a black hole which absorbs the planets (the UBs, Solgaleo and Lunala included) and it will collide with the guardian of Earth, Zygarde.
>>
>>32832982
This.

The Zygarde thing was just a half-assed way to get it out of the way. If they actually did care they would have completed its storyline in SM.

The Zygarde quest was basically the equivalent of any of the other form-changing spots in the game for Pokémon like Shaymin and Deoxys except they added a collectathon instead of catching it. It was just fulfilling an obligation to make Zygarde's forms available.
>>
File: 1489054257996.png (44KB, 101x183px) Image search: [Google]
1489054257996.png
44KB, 101x183px
>>32833379
>>32833383
>>
Why is GF blue balling us?
>>
>>32833470
They're not, they're lowballing you.
>>
>>32832982
Not just lore or gameplay its gimmick is shit too, pretty sad that Zygarde Complete didn't amount to much in SM. Collecting 100 cells and not get to keep the last form is pretty lame.

Though, USUM might deliver. At least I hope so
>>
>>32833088
He's retarded, don't bother. He's probably the same type of retards that think the games are "rushed".
>>
>>32833349
>track record
>when they weren't even bad
>only a year
You're an idiot. They've been working on USUM for a lot longer than a year.
>>
>>32833590
1 year happened, so probably Zygarde moved his sorry ass to do something against the UBs
>>
>>32833429
>reddit spacing
Go

back

to

r/pokemon.
>>
>>32833379
>>32833383
Why do you have to get my hopes up, just so gamefreak can put them down?
>>
>>32833429
>If they actually did care they would have completed its storyline in SM.

But they didnt finish many things in SM because they probably knew USUM will be just year after
>>
>>32833122
You are pathetic. Zygarde is gen 6 but his forms are Gen 7 and guess what USUM is still gen 7 and the same world as SM, just told in a different way
>>
>>32832718
According to the guide, the last Zygarde cell you should find, in order anyway, is the one in Resolution Cave. And at that point you have had done everything else, most likely at the end of the UB mission, and the last part should take you to Guzzlord, who just so happens to be there as well.

The purpose is obvious, Zygarde is in Alola to stop the Ultra Beasts before they get to Kalos. It's split apart because, going off the anime, they all share one collected mind so they are basically watching over the region.
>>
>>32833621
ebin
>>
>>32833752
But its not how people will do it anyway, because for most of playes the final cell wll be around the battle tree area.

And besides its way to vague to even come with a reasoning like yours. Its YOUR point of view at Zygarde's role, not how it really is
>>
>>32832718
>Ironically enough Guzzlord appears in Resoultion Cave
It was chased there by Looker, so it doesn't mean anything.
>>
if it gets anything to do in the main story then that's cool and all, but the 100% form better be permanent
>>
File: Ultra-Sun-and-Moon-620x349.jpg (51KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra-Sun-and-Moon-620x349.jpg
51KB, 620x349px
Normallly I would chalk this up to just being there for aesthetic purposes but....
Those green and yellow energy waves on this poster look like the same energy Zygarde and Mega Rayquaza give off when they transform and when Zygarde fires off his core enforcer like in OPs pic

We know Sun and Moon had a lot of stuff that they cut for time, and it's pretty likely Zygade's role in the story was one of those, as well as things like Colress

Now that we have third versions, we'll see this story play out the way it was meant too
>>
File: nov_p06_03_bbc.jpg (32KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
nov_p06_03_bbc.jpg
32KB, 400x240px
>>32835807
For refrence, here's Mega Fug
>>
>>32832718
I never thought of a connection between. Zygarde and Guzzlord.

Guzzlord looks like it could be DarkZygardemon Burst Mode.
>>
>>32835807
Id be VERY surprised if Zygarde wouldnt get a role in USUM allthough i think this time around we wont collect its cells untill post game
>>
I just want minty fresh snek.
>>
>>32835816
mega fug is so stupid
I love it
>>
>>32836052

guzzlord and zygarde will fuse to defeat totem necrozma [+3 in all stats at the beginning]

you have your leak
>>
>>32836560

you know why I love leak season? because fans are better than gayfshit
>>
>>32833621
kill yourself
>>
>>32836599

Imagine this;

you must collect zygarde cells to make perfect zygarde before necrozma will ruin alola, you encountering guzzlord and must capture it, then they both will fuse and you will be able to use ONLY that fusion to defeat necrozma totem [in new form or whatever]
>>
>>32836459
I just want to keep the 100% form legit as in no poor in-battle gimmick crap

Shiny Zygarde looks neat
>>
In true Pokemon fashion

it will turn out to be nothing
>>
>>32833645
Because I work for GF and we want you to buy the fucking game
>>
File: 200_s.gif (39KB, 370x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
39KB, 370x200px
It actually wouldnt even be that hard to give Zygarde a good role in the game just expanding on what we have now

You meet Dexio and Sina and start the quest to collect the cores as usual, only this time for every 10 cells you find, they'll call you up and drop some deepestlore on you, such as why he's in the region or what his relation to other legendaries are

When the climax of the story goes down, you see a cut scene of cells flying out of your bag and from all over the region, combining to fullfil his duty

Later you collect 99 cells/cores all over the place but the last one in Resolution Cave is locked until you get all the others, at which point they all combine and you actually get to battle him in his perfect form to prove your worth
>>
>>32840436
Should keep Aura Break too and it'd be sweet if Zygarde Complete is permanent/freely changeable like its previous forms in USUM.
>>
>>32836309
I wouldn't. In fact I'd rather they just give you the cells with everything in it instead of having a shitty scavenger hunt. That garbage can fuck off. It's not fun or interesting.
>>
>>32833752
If Zygarde in SM was in Alola because of UBs then now we're getting ULTRA SM where UBs most likley will be even bigger threat so Zygarde hs even more reason to be there and finaly take the action.
>>
prepare for URUTRA JIGARDE!
>>
>>32841339
Prepare for URUTRA PERMANENT JIGARUDE
>>
File: tumblr_ofxo6wo0vo1uoqnx2o1_500.png (182KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofxo6wo0vo1uoqnx2o1_500.png
182KB, 500x372px
>>32841339
>>32841436
And this......is to go.....EVEN FURTHER BEYOND
>>
>>32841500
PERMANENT PERFECT JIGARUDE WITH AURA BREAK
>>
>>32833383
>Guzzlord, Necrozma and Zygarde are the actual legendary trio for gen 7, the others are red herrings
>>
File: nature energy.png (2MB, 854x1441px) Image search: [Google]
nature energy.png
2MB, 854x1441px
>>32835807
>>32835816
It's nature energy which fuels megaevolution and primal reversion, it comes from Earth or Zygarde itself according to ORAS and the XY&Z anime

I don't think Mega-Rayquaza's energy is special, though. It's... just more nature energy.
>>
File: 1495063098246.png (2MB, 874x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1495063098246.png
2MB, 874x1228px
>>32841436
Prepare for URUTRA PERMANENT PERFECT JIGARUDE-SAN!!11!!!
>>
File: z faces.png (413KB, 722x483px) Image search: [Google]
z faces.png
413KB, 722x483px
ZYGARDE IS STRONG

ZYGARDE IS CUTE

ZYGARDE IS RUDE

ZYGARDE IS PERFECT

P E R F E C T
E
R
F
E
C
T
>>
>>32832730
This. Zygarde is literally a leftover from gen 6, kept just in case they made a third version of sorts. Since they didn't, they just shoved it into SM in a half-assed way.
>>
>>32832718
>People still unironically believe that they actually care about the plot or about the lore on Pokémon.
>>
File: Zygarde cute.png (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde cute.png
148KB, 500x500px
Bumping for Zygarde
>>
Can't wait to see whether USUM delivers or not and how Necrozma fits with Solgaleo/Lunala in the story, though regardless whether Zygarde is in the story or not I care more about the cell system getting a revamp and somehow get to keep its Perfect form
>>
>>32843997
Pokemon lore is one of the most fun things in the games right now desu.
>>
>>32844754
Man I unironically loved XY lore
>>
>>32845466
Me 2, Shame Z never happened at all
>>
>>32845466
Same. For all of XY's faults, it introduced one of my favorite characters and expanded the history in an interesting way.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nfqgmrbvIU1ql5w0p.png (386KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nfqgmrbvIU1ql5w0p.png
386KB, 500x641px
>>32845466
>>32845806
>>32846049
Agreed, XY had some great stuff

And say what you will about ORAS but one of the best things was being able to explore the Sea Mauville and uncovering this whole deeper story that you have to piece together yourself
>>
>>32833606
>But they are.
>>
Why is she so perfect?
>>
What if Zygarde originated in Alola and 50% of it migrated to Kalos at some point? It might explain why the Terminus Cave describes Zygarde as a monster: because most people don't know it's a protector.
>>
>>32847183
I can't say why, but it feels kinda stupid.
>>
So it's dex entry in Moon has something intresting

>This is Zygarde's 100% form. It has enough power to overwhelm even Xerneas or Yveltal.

It mentions Xerneas and Yveltal specifically despite them not even being in the games regional dex.

In the past, every third version had given us the ability to catch both version mascots from the main gen games
Ho-oh and Lugia in Crystal
Kyogre and Groudon in Marine and Terra Cave in Emerald
Dialga and Palkia on Spear Pillar in Platinum
Reshiram or Zekrom from N in BW2

XY never got a third version or sequel, so they never had the ability to get caught again
and since Zygarde is getting his attention in Alola, I'm thinking we'll get the chance to catch Xerneas and Yveltal in Alola, which will more than likely tie into a larger story with Zygarde
>>
>>32848369
Or, as most people have correctly guessed, they just put him in Sun/Moon because a possible Z version was scrapped and they didn't know what else to do with it. A leftover.
>>
>>32848427
I don't think even nu-gamefreak would do this. There's no reason to have a Pokemon with all this lore behind it and just sweep it under the rug. Even arceus, the most secretive Pokemon, got the HGSS event.
>>
>>32849180
You're seriously overestimating them.
>>
>>32848369
Of course we'll catch Xerneas/Yveltal in Alola. This is ORAS/B2W2 shit again, it's the last game of the gen so they need to put a way to catch every legendary in the new game
I bet Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latias, Dialga, Zekrom, Thundurus and Xerneas will be catchable in UltraSun, and Lugia, Groudon, Latios, Palkia, Reshiram, Tornadus and Yveltal will be in UltraMoon.
>>
>>32832736
>>32832736
>There's no grand plan, they just make this shit up as they go along which will constantly change based on whatever they need to sell next.

It legit bothers me that people don't acknowledge this and I've been playing since Blue.
>>
>>32848369
>This is Zygarde's 100% form. It has enough power to overwhelm even Xerneas or Yveltal.

>Xerneas

>NOPE

Though, if the Complete form kept Aura Break it could at least tank a few unboosted moonblasts from Xerneas
>>
>>32851077
>Zygarde has not enough power to overwhelm Xerneas

Lore =/= metagame, kid
>>
>>32832718
It's here to fight the UBs.
Anyone who didn't get this is plain stupid.
>>
>>32851291
Doesn't mean that lore can't be incorporated into the metagame like with how the Weather trio functions now, neckbeard
>>
Zygarde and it's forms were only shoved into Alola because GF didn't want to make a Z version. That's it. If you expect them to do more with it then you're delusional.
>>
>>32851339
Doesn't mean that lore IS always incorporated into the metagame. Zygarde is canonically superior to Xerneas and Yveltal, even if the meta is fucked, that's all.
>>
>>32851307
Except it didnt do shit. UBs will be in USUM again so Zygarde should get another shot
>>
>>32832754
>follow up
No, no we aren't. It's your basic third version.
>>
>>32833611
>They've been working on USUM for a lot longer than a year.
>he thinks that they start working on a revision before the first game is even finished
Your naïvety is hilarious to me.
>>
>>32841989
Mega evolution is infinity energy anon.
>>
>>32853642
And infinity energy is nature energy extracted from living pokemon, anon. Play ORAS again.
>>
>that feel when we will never find out why Ghetsis had the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs
>>
>>32832938
>uses "underage" as a blanket defense for any opinion he disagrees with

How to spot an idiot.

SM were rushed, you're wrong if you disagree, using "but they bothered to make a halfbaked collectathon that goes nowhere rather than just giving us the zygarde!" as a defense is both desperate and sad and I hope you know that everyone reading your post thinks you're dumb.
>>
>>32852455
I agree, but it's not difficult for GF to incorporate lore into the metagame/combat
>>
>>32855232
>if they were lazy "in regards to Zygarde"
>reading comprehension

Also if you think the whole game is rushed you have an incredibly simple view on things, on top of probably having 0 idea what takes time and effort during game development.
>>
>>32849180
During gen 6 you could argue that Gamefreak was moving away from the "third version" model, but USM's announcement made it pretty clear that's not the case. Gen 6 was simply cut short because they wanted a new gen for the anniversary. Whatever they were planning for Zygarde was probably just deemed an acceptable loss and scrapped along with Z version.
>>
Reminder Z version never was a thing, confirmed by Masuda itself.
>>
>>32843936
Same with AZ's floette. We're never getting that kid
>>
>>32850306
That's why I think they'll do Sinnoh remakes (or the switch game will be something more like gen 7 Coliseum), there's way too many legendary Pokémon to do that this time, and there's no Hoopa this gen so it'd be even more contrived than before. Either that, or they'll omit the National Dex AGAIN.
>>
File: 29ql6xh.jpg (23KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
29ql6xh.jpg
23KB, 400x240px
>>32856481
>it'd be even more contrived than before
Shit no
You forgot?
SM already have legendaries appearing in Alola from literal dimensional portals

They will put a lot of ultra-wormholes, there's no need of more explanation.
>>
File: 1426190786326.png (513KB, 975x730px) Image search: [Google]
1426190786326.png
513KB, 975x730px
>Perfect Zygarde will be anime only they said

anyone still have the screen cap?
>>
>>32856481
>>32858096
They could have someone open an Ultra Wormhole and have all the Legendaries come out to help stop the UB Invasion, kinda like the Hoopa rings in ORAS
In the postgame you can find them chillin in their appropriate spots like Mt Hokulani for Rayquaza or Geothermal PowerPlant for Zapdos
>>
>>32858869
Or they can just repeat soaring with mirage spots just for legendaries

GF likes to go the easiest way ppossible
>>
File: 1469178103811.png (2MB, 2384x1833px) Image search: [Google]
1469178103811.png
2MB, 2384x1833px
>>32858536
Right here
>>
>>32855088
They are two completely different things.
>>
File: 400px-Soaring_artwork.png (194KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Soaring_artwork.png
194KB, 400x284px
>>32859071
Bringing back Soaring would be amazing
It fits with the Ride Pokemon concept anyway so I hope they do it

It was a great way to spread out the legendaries in the game, I only hope this time the requirements to find them arent as wierd like what they pulled with Regigigas
>>
>>32860019
But you are wrong. Again: play ORAS again
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
Bumping this thread
>>
File: Zygarde Shuffle.png (130KB, 596x443px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde Shuffle.png
130KB, 596x443px
>>32864620
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>32859946
thread?
>>
The problem I have with thinking GF shoved Zygarde into Sun and Moon because they had no other place to put them is that it just doesn't make sense. We know GF creates Pokemon at a decent pace and some Pokemon can be designed years before they show up in a game. Why didn't they just scrap Zygarde's other forms if they never intended them for any real use? Why didn't they just make its forms into other entirely separate pokemon? Sun and Moon was conceived when or just before XY came out if we go by how they usually make new generations. I honestly don't think there was ever a "Pokemon Z". It just doesn't make sense.
>>
Honestly I feel like Zygarde is a closer representation of God than Arceus, if you read how the bible describes God then you would understand, also the fact he makes a cross when he descends from the sky in the anime
>>
>>32864715
Probably because the anime had already started working on the episodes with Squishy by the time they decided Kalos wasn't getting another game.
>>
>>32864785
Those episodes went into production some time in early 2015. That's roughly a year and a few months of GF working on Sun and Moon after XY was released. No way the anime team didn't know that Z wasn't coming. I wish Iwata Asks still existed in some form because I've always found the stuff with Zygarde very interesting. It's like the entire multimedia franchise acted like Z existed but I get no indication form GF that it actually did.
>>
>>32864715
>>32864785
>>32864910

I think it's because they knew 2015 was a break year, and the in between filler arcs typically got low reception and rating, they probably decided to expand on XY with the Zygarde story
>>
>>32832718
Let's hope he does, although, it may be unlikely.
>>
Alright, I did some researchin and found some interesting links between Zygarde and a certian concept

Someone figure out what it all means

The Ouroboros
It's an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.

It represents the infinite cycle of nature's endless creation and destruction, life and death (Xerneas and Yveltal)

The famous ouroboros drawing from the early alchemical text The Chrysopoeia of Cleopatra depicts it black and white halves represent the Gnostic duality of existence
(Reshiram and Zekrom)

The Chrysopoeia Ouroboros of Cleopatra the Alchemist is one of the oldest images of the ouroboros to be linked with the legendary opus of the alchemists, the Philosopher’s Stone.

In India, Ouroboros symbolism has been used to describe Kundalini energy, a form of Primal Energy located inside one's own body.
Different spiritual traditions teach methods of "awakening" kundalini for the purpose of reaching spiritual enlightenment and a range of supernormal powers.
(Mega Evolution/Infinity Energy)

There's tons more to this, I didnt have time to look much further into it but maybe someone can find something here
>>
>>32866419
Go to bed, Lockstin.
>>
>>32866598
I think he only applied this to Reshiram and Zekrom iirc
>>
File: tumblr_o9rlkb1Cxj1tczo0do1_500.png (286KB, 450x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9rlkb1Cxj1tczo0do1_500.png
286KB, 450x750px
Prs USUM make Perfect Jigarude-san permanent
>>
>Sina and Dexio on Route 16: "Zygarde is said to maintain the order of the Kalos region...then why is it in Alola...? Is it a sign that something is about to happen? If you collect Zygarde's Cells and Cores, you may get the answer"
>We never get one

And never got to fully keep the Complete form either wtf game freak
>>
File: 1471373162080.png (27KB, 932x401px) Image search: [Google]
1471373162080.png
27KB, 932x401px
Never forget
>>
>>32867480
Thread?
>>
>>32832938
>GF drops X and Y
>GF is now stuck against a wall, since they teased the fuck out of Perfect Zygarde and showed it in the anime
>John Gamefreak comes up with a sidequest that can handle the whole thing and be done with it without so much as a scene for when you assemble your first Zygarde
No, that wasn't lazy at all. It's part of a plan Masuda set in motion back in gen 4, just you see!
>>
File: nnani.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nnani.png
2MB, 1366x768px
do not die pls
>>
>>32867493
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/26692787/
>>
>>32833752
>before they get to Kalos.
I think it's just there to protect the world from the invasive species period, no favoritism to Kalos.
>>
post more Zygarde please
she's cute
>>
File: Zs.jpg (114KB, 1000x684px) Image search: [Google]
Zs.jpg
114KB, 1000x684px
Bump for Zygarde
>>
>>32832736
At this point they pretty much have to

I mean:

Alternate (ORAS) dimensions
Colress experiments
Mega Evolution
Ultimate Weapon
Creation Trio (Arceus Dialga and Palkia)
The Unown
The war
The splitting of the politics and nations of the pokemon world
Z-Moves
Ultra Beasts/Aether
Ultra Space

Most of these are Gen 4 and onward, but they're creating these threads that at this point NEED context, and it would benefit their stories regardless
>>
>>32864910
Gamefreak probably weren't even sure if another Kalos game was happening at that point. They probably wanted an anniversary game, but didn't know for sure if SM would be ready by 2016. They were probably half-expecting to slap together another Kalos game instead.
>>
>>32864749
I opened a Bible and the first verse of the first chapter on the first page immediately described Him as the creator of the universe. Just like Arceus. Huh. Imagine that.
>>
>>32869171
>At this point they pretty much have to
They won't outside of minor references.

Every main game is made with the intention that it's the player's first, every game from RSE onwards is structured like its own introduction to the series. This is why there is no coherent connection between games, only fragments from different regions brought up as a treat to long-time fans and hints of an expanded world (i.e. "Go buy these other games to learn more ;)!") for newcomers. This is why every game has to be its own self-contained story in this series.
>>
>>32869292
that's such a cancerous mindset. if i didn't love pokemon from childhood, i'd point this out for being the inexcusable garbage it is
>>
>>32869171
We deliberately leave loose ends as potential sources for sequels, "third versions", etc. and to allow leeway for later "lore" developments to be made without explicitly contradicting earlier installments.
>>
Bump for guzzlord
>>
File: Guzzlord is cute.jpg (152KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Guzzlord is cute.jpg
152KB, 800x1130px
>>32870702
Well, Guzzlord is cute too so I approve this post

Also bump
>>
Since we're getting Ho-Oh in the new movie, and GSC in Virtual Console, I have a feeling he and Lugia and the Legendary Beasts might play a role in USUM

Since Ho-oh is accosiated with life, maybe they'll associate him with Zygarde since they'll both probably oppose Necrozma or Guzzlord, who represent death
>>
>>32871848
Doubt it, Ho-oh is most likely a reference to the virtual consle GS release
>>
File: Rainbow.png (380KB, 736x524px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow.png
380KB, 736x524px
>>32874072
Ho-Oh is the rainbow pokémon you idiot, of course they will make something for him in USUM
Also see >>32833383 pic related
>>
>>32874426
Just like they had Mewtwo and Kanto birds in SM right?

No, idiot, the want you to transfer th johto legends from GS, same thing happened with RBY
>>
>>32874899
>Just like they had Mewtwo and Kanto birds in SM right?
What the fuck are you talking about
What would be the point of Mewtwo and the birds to appear in Alola (besides muh anniversary)? Specially since they already are in XY, the previous non-remake game.
>>
>>32875077
Why would Ho-oh be in Alola?

Ho-oh is in ORAS aswell and most importantly: Japan is getting Ho-Oh distribution this summer because of the movie (we'll most likely get it when around the western movie release). If Ho-Oh were to get anything in USUM they wouldnt distribute it just few months before the games
>>
>>32875090
>Ho-oh is in ORAS aswell
By the same exact reason he will be in USUM.

Also "get something" is relative
>>
File: Z WARUDO.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Z WARUDO.png
1MB, 1280x720px
DON'T DIE
>>
File: 1470460769064.gif (66KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470460769064.gif
66KB, 533x300px
P-please, don't die...
>>
>>32855511
>Also if you think the whole game is rushed you have an incredibly simple view on things

Is it possible to shill this bad.
>>
>>32832718
Most likely. But things are still up in the air. I'm betting on USUM doing a re-telling on Zygarde. If that one leak was true, the one that says that USUM take place in an alternate universe where all of the events that happened in SM already happened just without the player character, then that means that no one was around to gather the Zygarde cells and cores. Zinnia and Dexio could have left the Alola region by then and took the Zygarde cube with them. Leaving Zygarde in the Alola region just wandering around waiting for that thing Dexio said to happen.
>>
>>32877405
That "leak" is fucking stupid
>>
>>32877933
Just like all the other ones you don't like.
>>
>>32877405
Remember that Dexio and Sina pretty much pawned off the Zygarde cube to you so they could vacation in peace
If you werent there, they would have just given it to the next guy who passed by

The 1 year later leak is probably fake, the wole story pretty much falls apart if the player isnt there
We know that the Lillie and Cosmog storyline is gonna be basically the same since they have a ton of merchandise with them together coming this fall
>>
>>32855171
tfw when a random antique Alolan store has all the orbs
>>
>Team Galactic starts to loose publicity after Cyrus disappears
>Gives away the orbs to charity
>"Hey, those Team Plasma guys seem pretty legit"
>Ghetsis gets the orbs
>Shadow Triad gives it to protag
>"Wtf do I do with this, I dont have a Dialga"
>Vacation to Alola
>Pawns it off to the antique shop for some Max Potion money
>>
>>32877950
I like the leak but it's still fucking stupid, anon. It's not happening, it's just Emerald/Platinum again but instead "Pokémon Ultra" is splitted in two again, Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon.
You are delusional if you think it's not just a splitted third version.
>>
File: 1468102960502.png (2MB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
1468102960502.png
2MB, 1000x708px
bump
>>
Bump
>>
File: DBdYSv1VwAAGzNa.jpg (103KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
DBdYSv1VwAAGzNa.jpg
103KB, 496x693px
This recent Zygarde card also has these similar looking green beams around him
>>
>>32882258
Pierce the Heavens with your Thousand Arrows
That's the way Team Zai Gurren rolls
>>
>>32882647
Sweet art tho
>>
They said you may. You didn't.
>>
I don't care that much whether it is in the story or not, though it's always neat to get a decent cutscene with a legendary 'mon

If USUM is the "definitive" game of Gen 7 tand adds a lot of new features n shit then I just hope that there's a way to keep 100% Zygarde assembled all the time, though this is probably unlikely to happen
>>
File: zygarde.png (227KB, 598x306px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde.png
227KB, 598x306px
>>32866419

Adding some more to this:

In Norse mythology, the ouroboros appears as the serpent Jörmungandr
(Whom 50% Zygarde was based on)

We also have the wolf Fenrir
(who was the inspiration behind 10% Zygarde)

Jormungandr and Fenrir are basically part of a recurring theme in Norse Mythology, where a bound and captured creature, usually an enemy of the gods is bound but destined to break free at Ragnarok

Now my wild theory, The Ultra Beast Invasion with Necrozma in Ultra Sun and Moon is gonna be the Pokemon Equivalent to Ragnarok,

Not in a Lockstin "Reset the entire world" way but more like in a "Massive epic battle that involves everybody and everything" kind of way

We have tons of hints in Sun and Moon that there was the Ultra Beasts are going to be a huge threat
>The description of Kommo'o saying they were training to defeat a coming darkness,
>The apperance of an Ash-Greninja, said to come only during times of great calamity
(This one's debatability canon I'll admit but I'm adding it for completions sake)
>Type:Null being created specifically to counter them, designed to invoke Arceus, the most powerful pokemon of all
>Looker and Nanu detailing how the UBs were responsible for bringing massive destruction to an alternate world
And lots more that i cant remember atm

I think this time, with more emphasis on Necrozma and the role of the Ultra Beasts in the story, we're going to see this aspect of the plot really go down, and I think like in Ragnarok, the bound and scattered Zygarde is going to break free to fulfill his role, restoring the order to the world that the Ultra Beasts disrupted
>>
File: ouroboros042.gif (26KB, 711x582px) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros042.gif
26KB, 711x582px
>>32883122
>>32866419

Bonus Round:
Another depiction of the ouroboros in Norse mythology comes from the son of Viking Ragnar Lodbrok, famous for slaying a large room encoumpasing serpent. For this, his son was born with a snake encircling his eyes and was named Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye

(One of the inspirations of Zygarde's name)

It is a common belief among indigenous people of the tropical lowlands of South America that waters at the edge of the world-disc are encircled by a snake biting its own tail

(Which could be inspiration behind bringing Zygarde to the tropical region of Alola)
>>
Thats the point of the upgraded games right? To bring new stuff but also fix what needs fixin and finish stuff thats been unfinished

Zygarde is among few things that were left as an enigma in SM: Necrozma, Mohn an his family story, empty plots of lands, more about UBs and their world.

If they cant fix/finish this then whats even the point of this game?

We'll see if GF still "has it" or not
>>
>>32883564
I agree, can't wait to see whether USUM delivers or not
>>
Reposting
>10% would be based on Fenrir's offspring, Sköll and Hati (wolves which persecute Sol, sun god, and Mani, moon godness) not only one single wolf just like the anime shows two different "incarnations" of Zygarde (Z1 and Z2)
>Same about 50% forme being based not only on Jörmungandr but Nidhögg too, since both are giant serpent creatures.
>100% is based on Hel/Hela godness, supposed to be "half live and half dead", half beautiful and half horrible, she represents how reach the perfection combining opposite forces (that's why Zygarde's wings represent Xerneas and Yveltal's colors). "HeLa" casually is the name of a cell type in an immortal cell line used in scientific research, the oldest and most commonly used human cell line.

>Plus, Zygarde's rainbow chest is based on Bifröst, the bridge between Midgard and Asgard. Since Xerneas represents Midgar's deer and Yveltal Asgard's eagle, Zygarde's rainbow is supposed to be the bridge between life and death (its chest also looks like the french flag when is closed, but is clearly a rainbow when is open, and the rainbow also represents diversity, the whole and complete color spectrum, and rainbow is also a hawaian/alolan national symbol as we can see in SM).

>Now name a better legendary you can't
>>
>>32884172
You should really look more towards the Hindu side of Zygardes origins, such as Vishnu and also look at alchemy, Zygarde fits best with alchemy
>>
File: CUBE.png (1MB, 1024x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CUBE.png
1MB, 1024x1200px
>>32884194
>alchemy
We know about that
>>
>>32848369
>Ho-oh and Lugia in Crystal
How can a nigga be this stupid? You could catch both in Gold and Silver, they were just different level. Ho-oh was 70 in Silver and 40 in Gold, Lugia was 70 in Gold and 40 in Silver.
Jesus fucking fuck, I haven't played them in 16 years and still remember this.
>>
Pairing up Zygarde with Solgaleo or Lunala wouldnt make much sense. Making it a counterpart to Necrozma, a fellow third legend or Necrozma and Guzzlord is more fitting
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.