[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You cannot deny that Platinum is the pinnacle of Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png
118KB, 250x224px
>those startersp
>the evil team
>the rival
>the character designs
>the Pokemon designs
>the leveling
>the gym leaders
>that Girantina zone
>that Champion
>that musical compositio
>the diversity of settings, with oceans, swamps, forests, caves, snowy lands, etc.
There are flaws, like the overuse of HMs, not being able to battle Dawn and Cyrus' motivations being a little strange and nebulous.
>>
>Giratina zone
Anon...
>>
>>32830943
>Giratina zone
>>
Yeah platnium is objectively the best Pokemon game
>>
>>32830948
>>32830950
Yeah. I didn't know the name of his little reverse world thing. Has been at least two years since I've played it. I figured nobody would harp on something so trivial.
>>
>>32830943
>>those startersp
Blandest in the series to date.

>>the evil team
Team plasma except they're aimless and theirs goal is nonsensical cartoon villain diarrhea.

>>the rival
Barry is alright, definitely top shelf.

>>the character designs
Average

>>the Pokemon designs
Only gen 3 and arguably 2 are worse (inb4 anti-genV faggots chime in with "le LITERAL garbage!)

>>the leveling
Huh?

>>the gym leaders
Average to sub-average. Uninspired in a word. Roxanne is basic, Gardenia is basic, Volker is just some dude, basic, Roark and Byron are literally my mom's miners, Maylene is lolibait. Fantina and Crasher are the only good ones.

>>that Girantina zone
Distortion zone my man. Yes it definitely gets credit for that it was fun.

>>that Champion
Design wise she's literally my mom. Kind of uninteresting. The battle was was definitely one of the best ones though.

>>that musical compositio
It was ok, better than watertrumpets and genVI for sure but the rest of the series music is as good or significantly better.

>>the diversity of settings, with oceans, swamps, forests, caves, snowy lands, etc
Sinnoh is definitely a good region, if a little bit too dominated by that mountain.
>>
>>32831220
>Distortion zone
Did you guys actually play Platinum or are you parroting what retards on this board say?
>>
>>32830943
>sinnohfetus still thinks platinum is the best pokemon game
and he's right
>>
>>32831256
Mandela effect
>>
>>32830943
>those starters
Yeah they were pretty good, right up there with gen 3's. I like them all.
>the evil team
Galactic is pretty shit. I wasn't impressed when I played the games when they came out and I wasn't impressed when I played Platinum again a few months back. I was pretty disappointed that they opted to go for the legendary destroys the world thing again instead of trying something different. So, I definitely wouldn't count this as a positive thing aside from Ghetsis' theme being nice but all of the fucking team leader themes are great
>the character designs
Dawn makes my dick hard but that's it. Nothing else is particularly noteworthy.
>the Pokemon designs
Nah. Definitely not a high point of the game and a lot of the Pokemon themselves felt like baggage to use and annoying to fight against.
>the leveling
What about it?
>the gym leaders
What about them?
>that Giratina zone
You mean Distortion World? I personally thought that while it's a cool idea at first glimpse it really showcases how fucking bad the game's 3d effects are. I honestly would've preferred something else.
>that Champion
Lance did the traveling champion bit first and I was disappointed they did it AGAIN after RS. At least Emerald changed it up with Wallace. Aside from that, her piano theme is nice. Her actual theme is mediocre and inferior to everything before her.
>that musical composition
Not as good as anything else in the series beyond XY.
>the diversity of settings, with oceans, swamps, forests, caves, snowy lands, etc
The only things that Sinnoh really offers are bogs and the snow. Everything else was done before and the bog and snow levels definitely are not high points. The bog was more annoying than anything else and the "immersion" the snow gave off was broken by the fact that you're in a sprite-based Pokemon game. I really would not sacrifice gameplay for fake immersion. They should've given us snowshoes or something.

I liked it. Don't think it's the best.
>>
DPPt are the most "going through the motions" of the series. Not really any major flaws but nothing impressive either. Just there.
>>
I feel like a lot of people tend to forget that DP was the first to do many new things. They're the first Pokemon games to be on a DS, they're the first to have 3D models (granted it's 3d buildings, but still) and it's the first aside from FRLG to use wireless connection. A lot of people say it's forgettable and I can somewhat understand that because it feels incomplete compared to Platinum or BW, but I feel like people don't give these games enough credit.
>>
>>32831408
First to have move-based physical/special split, as opposed to type-based, which is arguably the most important change.
>>
File: hu_1421887229_4555046484.jpg (151KB, 799x1018px) Image search: [Google]
hu_1421887229_4555046484.jpg
151KB, 799x1018px
Heart Gold and Soul Silver is the pinnacle of Pokemon.
>>
BW2 is the pinnacle of Pokemon.
>>
>>32831220
>Roxanne
>>
>>32830943
HGSS, B2W2 and PT are all great. I can't really pick a favorite. Can't we just say the DS era is the pinnacle of Pokemon?
>>
>>32831462
I fucked up, i meant candice. That's how boring and plain they are.
>>
The only good thing Platinum added was the Torn Zone.
>>
>>32831470
Here's hoping switch era will be just as good
>>
>>32830943
Pokemon designs are literally the worst
>>
>>32830943
Nadir, anon. Platinum and gen 4 in general is by far the worst. All those points you listed are bad things.

I know it's what you grew up with, and this isn't what you want to hear, but you sinnohfoeti really need to learn that Pt and HGSS are bad games deserving of scorn.
>>
>>32831220
>Barry is alright, definitely top shelf.

Barry is mentally ill and a psychopath. I wanna rip his heart out and drown his remnants at Lake Valor.
>>
>>32832423
How does been an energetic child make him mentally ill or a psychopath?
>>
>>32830943
>>those startersp
were shit
>>the evil team
was shit
>>the rival
was a cuck
>>the character designs
were trash
>>the Pokemon designs
were meh
>>the leveling
wasn't anything extraordinary
>>the gym leaders
literally who?
>>that Girantina zone
literally nothing: the area
>>that Champion
steven was better
>>that musical compositio
horrible
>>
File: 1452759975511.jpg (64KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1452759975511.jpg
64KB, 540x540px
>>32830943
>those starters
>the rival
>the gym leaders
>that musical composition
I give you those

>the evil team
shit

>the character designs
>the Pokemon designs
subjective

>that Girantina zone
>that Champion
Overrated

>the leveling
>the diversity of settings, with oceans, swamps, forests, caves, snowy lands, etc.
Other games did it better (BW(2) and RSE respectively)
>>
>>32831220
This
>>
Everyone ITT needs to hang themselves you cucks. Platinum is the best pokemon game
>>
>>32830943

I'm honestly torn between Platinum and Black/White for the title of franchise peak.
>>
>>32830943
Platinum is my favorite pokemon game, but jesus fuck it has the worst mechanics & move visuals. It's on par with the gold & silver health bar bug, where everything takes ages to die once you've hit them.
>>
>>32830943
I love Gen 4, but whether or not you think it's the peak of the franchise, can we at least agree that Gen 6 and Gen 7 combined are the lowest the franchise has ever gone?
>>
>>32830943
>the rival
THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD!
shittiest rival
>>
>>32832733
BW being so story oriented completely kills its replayability
>reach new area
>text text text
>tutorial
>repeat
>>
>>32833185

B/W's story really reminds me of the manga [there's actually a case to be made that N could be based on Yellow] so I enjoyed going through the story again.
>>
Platinum: Good and Bad

>Good

Physical/Special split

Progressing through Sinnoh is varied and the story path is a great way to explore the region

Sinnoh has some interesting lore, including being the first region of the Pokemon world created by Arceus

The rival character, Barry, is great due to his varied team, character growth, overall competitiveness, and is always ahead of the player when it comes to completing the Gyms.

The Champion, Cynthia, has a well balanced and challenging team, making her a great final boss before the post game.

Every Gym leader has a Sinnoh pokemon as their ace.

The Mach and Acro bikes of Gen III are consolidated into one bike with two gear shifts.

Day and night cycle missing from Gen III is back

Poketch has some useful apps and makes good use of the bottom screen

The Underground can net the player some rare stones and heart scales if they feel like playing around with it

Ball Seals (Good idea/Bad Execution)

>Bad

Battle animations, text speed, and the health and EXP bar movements are the slowest the series has ever been

The Gen IV Pokemon are the least original with 28% of them being new evolutions of previous ones, including more Dex-filler baby versions.

Some Pokemon had no thought put into their movesets
- The region's wild Eevees are too high level which causes both of the new Leafeon and Glaceon evolutions to miss out on their crucial early STAB move that matches their respective Attack or or Sp. Att stat and need a heart scale or breeding to get it. Their next matching stat STAB isn't until level 71 for both of them.
- Gliscor, Gligar's new evolution, retains its Ground/Flying typing but still learns no Ground or Flying attacks.

Honey Trees are a terrible mechanic of waiting and hoping to find something good.

Scrolling through the bag is annoyingly slow and with no PC item storage, the bag gets pretty full of filler items. Moving around held items from Pokemon puts them at the bottom as well.

Defog and foggy areas
>>
File: smeargle_by_mypokemans-d472j1n.png (229KB, 516x695px) Image search: [Google]
smeargle_by_mypokemans-d472j1n.png
229KB, 516x695px
Did this game have moody smeargle?
>>
>>32832453
Hoennfags in a nutshell
>>
>>32833950
Barry doesn't really have character growth and the bike in DPPt just goes from slow to fast. It doesn't have the tricks from the Acro Bike.
>>
>>32834075
I'll give you the bike bit since you're right about the tricks, but Barry does have character growth since he shows more maturity after he loses to Jupiter at Lake Acuity.
>>
>>32834142
In what way? He loses, bemoans his loss, and says he needs to be stronger, right? Is that really character growth?
>>
>>32830943
This
>>
>>32834262
If I remember right, he stops being an impatient spaz bumping into everyone and starts taking things more seriously rather than everyone else being late on his own schedule. His loss to Jupiter brings him back down to earth since before he rushed around like nothing bad could happen to him or have negative consequences from his actions.
>>
>>32830943
>There are flaws
On top of those you listed there's the worst story, the worst evil team, the worst evil team boss, the most OP lore for legendaries, the unforgettable gym leaders, the swamp in the safari, the snow that's slow as molasses to get through, the distortion world. Sinnoh is the worst region of them all
>>
>>32834326
Maybe I'll play Plat again, I don't remember that. Admittedly I don't really like Barry.
>>
>>32833950
I suppose a platinum remake or port on better hardware could fix a lot of the technical flaws
>>
>>32834332
>Variety in locations is bad
>>
>>32834267
is shit taste.*

There, Anon. I finished your reply for you.
>>
>>32834366
That's not what he's saying but please strawman more
>>
>>32834366
It's not the variety thats bad, it's the navigation.
Say we got running shoes esque items like swampboots and snowshoes then I'm sure most people wouldn't mind which is why there needs to be a platinum remake eventually
>>
>>32834342
I need to replay it as well to make sure I'm remembering him right. All I got aside from my memory is a brief description of Barry's change and the comparison of his super quick movement speed at the beginning of the game to how he runs slower at the end before you fight the E4.
>>
File: Torn_World.png (801KB, 827x827px) Image search: [Google]
Torn_World.png
801KB, 827x827px
>>32834362
I hope so. I really want to enjoy Platinum but the slowness just drags down my enjoyment every time I try for a second playthrough.
>>
>>32834625
Don't get forget Wifi access, updated learnsets, and potential Dex improvement.
>>
>>32834625
I guess if you want some extra motivation you can attempt to do the Cute Charm glitch. It's how I'm able to manage trudging through the tar that is Sinnoh.
>>
>>32831220
>Blandest in the series to date.
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>32831367
If we get remakes snowshoes would be a welcome addition. Only after you get to the snow city though (can't remember the name)
>>
>Giratina Zone
This is the last place I expected to get Sonic Mania leaks
>>
>>32834729
it is the only other one that comes close is XY
>>
>>32832480
>RSE
>diversity
Hoennfag spotted
>>
>>32830943
>No
>Ahahaha no
>Who?
>Who?
>Eh
>Who?
>Okay fantastic
>Who? Cynthia right? Sure
>Literally don't remember a note
>No
>>
>>32830943

No and there is no best Pokémon game.
>>
>>32834687
And maybe a chance to get the various Rotom forms normally. I have no idea why they thought treating him like an event mythical only accessible by a giveaway item was a good idea.
>>
I'm both a Hoennbaby and a Sinnohfetus
>>
>>32833170
*thuds behind you*
nothing personnal kid
*jokingly charges you a gojillion pokedollars*
>>
>>32835032
Jesus Christ. In my wildest dreams I never thought it was possible to have taste worse than /vp/ as a hole but you're single handedly bringing down the average. You're a massive piece of shit sinking into a sewer.
>>
>>32835058
holy shit no one has ever done that
>>
>>32835058
>Hole
>>
>>32834764
>oceans
>deep sea
>rainforests
>volcanoes
>that ash covered route
>mountains
I will take water memes over "good routes" that slow you down
>>
>>32835190
Don't reply to obvious shitposters. The thread hasn't completely degenerated yet.
>>
Black and white 2 are Poke-ludo Better then platinum
>>
>>32830943
>those starters
Not bad, but not great either

>the evil team
Objectively bad. They all looked goofy as hell, especially the grunts. They were also written terribly. They were also nothing new, basically just a rehash of gen 3's (leader wamts to change the world by getting the legendary, grunts are not on the same page).

>the rival
Not bad, but not great either.

>the character designs

>the Pokemon designs
Shitty, the new lines were mediocre at best and the new evos and baby evos were for the most part shitty. Look at fucking Magmortar, for example.

>the leveling
Pretty good.

>the gym leaders

>that Girantina zone
Prettt good.

>that Champion

>that musical compositio
Terrible, the route and town themes were great but they tried the same slow, relaxing style for the battles which made them all even more boring then they already were (we'll get to that in a bit)

True for pretty much every region. But Sinnoh isn't designed very well compared to the others, mainly in that there's a ton of pointless and annoying backtracking.

Platinum's main flaw imo is the slowness, something you didn't even mention. Overall, it's certainly not bad. In fact, the game overall (and the postgame) are pretty decent. But there's too many flaws and too little good things for it to be ranked amongst games like BW2 or HGSS. Its fine to like your childhood games OP, but you should still look at them objectively.
>>
>>32830943
>ugly starters
>worst team uniforms after BW Plasma
>ugly admins and "intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor" autistic admin
>Barry
>Distortion world is empty aside for a shitty strenght puzzle

The fuck does leveling even mean

I'll give you the gym leaders and Cynthia even though the former ones had shit teams and gyms.

>Diversity of areas
This is the dumbest of them all, everything aside the snow area is THAT one area that's a complete slog
>>
>>32830972
Put some effort into your posts. We deserve better than this.
>>
>>32831220
>dislikes starters
>likes Barry

never have i imagined meeting someone that's this much of a faggot
>>
>rehash of a then-2 year old game
>pinnacle of pokemon

haha nope
>>
>>32830972
>>32831331
>>
>>32830943
>pokemon designs
A fucking bug with a mustache
>>
>>32831470
>Can't we just say the DS era is the pinnacle of Pokemon?
It was great, but here's hoping USUM can salvage the 3DS era.
>>
>>32833185
Replaying BW1 is much, MUCH easier to do than replay Pokemon SM "cutscenes every 5 minutes addition"
>>
>>32830943
Platinum is the definitive Pokémon experience, exactly what you should expect from a Pokémon game

BW2 is not but instead has LOADSA CONTENT
HGSS has LOADSA CONTENT but not on the level of BW2
My top 3 are BW2 > Platinum > HGSS
>>
>>32835678
no platinum had a really diverse climate
a volcano on a tropical island, a swamp, a snowy mountains, "traditional" climate, rainy routes, a really sandy place, ocean routes
there's plenty more, but I can't think of them since it's been so long
>>
>>32835761
DELELELEWOOOP
>>
File: spear pillar.jpg (95KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
spear pillar.jpg
95KB, 540x675px
Platinum is my favorite game in the main series. Then again, I haven't played a pokemon game I haven't ended up enjoying.
>>
>>32835873
You mean diverse environments
>>
>>32830943
>Implying pic related wasn't peak Pokémon
>>
>Swarms
>Dual-slot mode
>Poké Radar
>Trophy Garden
>Pal Park
>Battle Zone
>Events
>Roaming Pokémon

Post-game really added a lot of ways to find National Pokédex Pokémon. I'm pretty sure that with the version exclusives of DP but no Pal Park or HGSS, you can get 451/493 Pokémon.
>>
This, I fucking love Platinum
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.