[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_7181.png (211KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7181.png
211KB, 640x480px
ITT: Post opinions literally only you have
>Sun/Moon is my favorite Pokémon Game and my favorite gen
>>
>>32830176
>While SM isn't my favorite pokemon game, its by far my favorite introduction set of games, only really being beaten by third versions, sequels, or remakes

>Despite starting in gen 1 with yellow, Gens 1 and 2 are the gens I like the least as an adult
>>
>>32830192
Same feeling bro. I'm really envious of all the kids that had Sun/Moon as their introduction to Pokémon. Still love gen 1/2 to death tho
>>
File: hex.jpg (297KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
hex.jpg
297KB, 750x1125px
>>32830176
I don't like Haunter. Was scared of it as a kid after watching it in the anime, and I still don't like it now because I'm not a fan of its design.

But I do feel bad for it and Gengar for getting the worst possible Ability change in SM.
>>
File: C1AxHOxVQAAbcz2.png (566KB, 651x800px) Image search: [Google]
C1AxHOxVQAAbcz2.png
566KB, 651x800px
>>32830176
Talonflame never was OP and shouldn't have been nerfed. If anything, Psychic Terrain was a pretty big hassle for it already.
>>
Ash Greninja is unironically in my top 5 Pokemon designs, I don't even care that it looks like Ash, the color combination and design is just perfect.
>>
>>32830176
There are no bad main series pokemon games. Gen 4 is my least favorite generation and I wouldn't call it bad. Two uncommon opinions for the price of one, there.
>>
Gen 1 is the best in the series since the games don't have you save the world and has an evil team that acts realistically.
>>
File: bug stallion.jpg (168KB, 800x876px) Image search: [Google]
bug stallion.jpg
168KB, 800x876px
>>32830257
Stay mad
>>
>>32830257
Yeah, they heaped too much shit on it at once.
Rock type with priority? Fine.
Water type that cancels priority? Fine.
Legendary that cancels priority? Fine.

That's enough. You don't need to go and nerf Gale Wings on top of that.
>>
>>32830257
>>32831931
Didn't Talonflame drop from top-tier OU to like RU?
>>
Gen 3 marked the decline of the franchise as a whole, everything since has been an attempt to stay relevant.
>>
>>32830176
I'm not a fan of the anime at all, but I honestly would love if "anime-like" third versions/sequels like Yellow would happen more often.

XY the anime was leagues ahead of XY the games, and I would've loved a "Yellow" version where Clemont and Bonnie replaced Tierno and Trevor, and Serena/Calem was merged with Shauna.

Throw in a starter Pikachu, and have Sycamore give out (Battle Bond) Kalos starters, as well as Team Rocket's various schemes replacing the bullshit with Team Flare (except with Xerosic and Zygarde in the postgame), and you'd have a pretty fun game.
>>
>>32830242
>>32831989
OP said opinions only you literally have.
>>
While flawed, Sun and Moon did a lot to impress me and had a lot of charm and personality, which I felt was lacking in the Gen 6 games.
>>
>>32832104
I think they were just looking for an unpopular opinion thread.

With that said, >>32831749
and >>32831989
aren't exactly unpopular opinions, especially with normies.
>>
Lyra was, is and shall always remain the best girl in any game.
>>
File: 249491_160279.jpg (43KB, 336x448px) Image search: [Google]
249491_160279.jpg
43KB, 336x448px
Agree that Sun and Moon get too much hate. Cutscenes aside they're oozing with a charm I found missing from most of the older games.

Hugh is fucking insufferable and if it wasn't for the friend brigade in XY he'd be the worst rival easily.
>>
I fucking love water routes, Hoenn is my favorite region.
>>
>>32830852
I agree with you completely.
>>
>>32831989
that's literally because they wanted to end the game with gen 2 being the great finale battling the protag from the first game and then it sold really well and they made another one.
>>
Meganium's the most useful Johto starter since it can tank hits compared to two damage dealers with shallow movepools
>>
XY is my favorite pokémon game.

The story was great.
>>
>>32833111
I like your repeating digits, but ever since Fera got access to its HA it is clearly the best of the three.
>>
>>32833186
I do feel like XY's story had a lot of potential, the whole thing about the ancient war and AZ was pretty cool. And Generations' portrayal of French Hitler was a great improvement. If only we got Z version.
>>
Steven is my favourite champ.
>>
Zinnia is a great character and I want to fuck her
>>
why is this thread so enjoyable to read
>>
I think you should always use a starter and the box legend on your first play through, because it gives the story weight and helps explain why you're an unbeatable god halfway through the game.
>>
I don't believe any mainline Pokemon game is bad. Obviously I have preferences, but saying *insert gen you don't like* is a shit game is simply wrong. It just means you don't like it.
>>
>>32833374
Because people are openly sharing the things that make them happy with others and not getting shit on about it, like they normally would.
>>
>>32833380

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that does that.
>>
>>32833380

I do that too, though I box the legendary if my team is full at that point. I rarely raise more than 6 Pokemon.
>>
Incineroar is not that bad of a design, it just doesn't belong in Pokemon.
>>
I actually play without a full team. I usually play with 4 or 5 Pokemon, but I try to give them as much coverage moves as possible.
>>
>>32833362
i mean, the latter isn't exactly an unpopular opinion.
>>
File: Pokémon_Channel_Coverart.png (201KB, 266x374px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Channel_Coverart.png
201KB, 266x374px
I thought it comfy and enjoyed it
>>
Fire types are the worst pokemon designs in my opinion, no exceptions for me anyway.
>>
File: Approved.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Approved.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
I just started replaying pokemon Black and white 2 and I honestly think with all the love and work they put into this sequel and even adding an Easy and Challenge mode makes it one of the best and my favorite pokemon games ever other then Heartgold soulsilver
>>
File: 63176581_p6.png (1MB, 1200x1100px) Image search: [Google]
63176581_p6.png
1MB, 1200x1100px
I like Samurott. I also like Keldeo and the objectmon too
>>
>>32830852
Im with you on that
>>
>Unpopular opinions

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a waifufag
>>
I really want to see Game Freak introduce large cities like Lumiose in the games again. The only thing they need is a map to show you where you are.
>>
sun and moon are absolutely awful games. oras are worse than the originals
>>
>>32830220
Haunter still has levitate tho
>>
>>32833186
ebin meme
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 800x828px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 800x828px
I want to fug a pokemon
>>
>>32839787
excuse me sir this is the unpopular opinion thread
>>
Iris is an okay champion.
>>
>>32830176
gen 7 was a step forward
popular opinion, fuck the current nintendo
>>
Fire Red/Leaf Green are grossly overrated and are slow and clunky to play.
>>
Every game has been, on average, better than the one that came out before. So Green is worse than Blue is worse than Yellow is worse than Gold/Silver etc.
>>
Post games are overrated and stopped being necessary once Pokemon allowed easy to access online competitive matches
>>
>>32839787
The true unpopular opinion is thinking SM is good and ORAS were totally fine (which is what I think)
>>
>>32840091
Someone once said that, as of now, Nintendo is still great as a game developer, but as a company, it's a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>32834813
I agree because most fire types are just "animal + red/fire"
>>
File: 1497811363264.png (144KB, 600x282px) Image search: [Google]
1497811363264.png
144KB, 600x282px
>>32839837
OP said UNpopular opinions.
>>
File: 250px-Crystal_JP_boxart.png (188KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Crystal_JP_boxart.png
188KB, 250x312px
Pokémon should've ended at Crystal.
>>
The original concepts of evs and ivs have been ruined by the community to force autistic grinding and make breeding unbearable and competitive pokemon is a luck filled joke.
>>
File: IMG_1205.gif (878KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1205.gif
878KB, 300x212px
>>32830176
I like Pokémon
>>
X and Y are my favorite Pokemon games. Trainer customization and the convenient multiplayer keep me playing, even if games like BW2 have more single player content.
>>
>>32832312
Word
>>
The gen 5 games are some of the worst games, not because I hate Unova, the story or the pokemon but because the A.I gets more critical hits and status effects than any other game.
>>
Doubles is the superior format.
>>
BW2 were my fav games and I still go back and Nuzlock them.
>>
>>32842063
TRUTH
R
U
T
H
>>
The world would be a better place if all of humankind lived in service to Xerneas's hooves.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.