[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tiny Tournament

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 33

File: image.jpg (76KB, 600x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 600x260px
Are you excited? What moms that wouldn't make your usual teams will you be using? Are you hoping for more of these special tournaments?
>>
>moms
>tfw can't use baby kangaskhan without its mother
>>
Unfortunately I don't think there will be much originality, just Kartana and counters to Kartana
>>
Anyone else having PGL login issues?
>>
>>32827644
Not more than usual, but it's a relatively shit service most times
>>
>>32827546
im just gonna use stuff im ev training but havent evolved like tangela or trapinch
>>
I'm just gonna use generic pokemons because I want to win.
My team will be Kartana, A-Marowak, Porygon2, Mimikyu, Azelf, Torkoal
>>
File: IMG_7313.jpg (51KB, 623x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7313.jpg
51KB, 623x583px
>>32827747
>everybody packing and preparing for kartana
Is it really THAT centralizing?
>>
File: 1497588199177.gif (941KB, 496x260px) Image search: [Google]
1497588199177.gif
941KB, 496x260px
>>32827779
pretty much, he's 'new and fresh' even though his 4x weakness will only get him KO'ed a round in. still, I saw some interesting teams in showdown, like evoboost eevee paired with clefairy, usually baton passing to espeon. Wishiwashi and A-Muk showed up a lot too. A common starting pair I saw was ribombee and oricorio. Still, I managed to think up a team that has contingency plans for the most common checks and power players in this format.

>mfw when masters division with a team crafted to sink all these mons
>>
>>32827779
Kartana is very good in VGC, and now with some strong pokemon removed (particularly Arcanine) it can shine even more.
Remember Kartana being an UB (and the only one allowed) has insane BST, with 181 attack (which is excellent even if it's stronger stab are leaf blade and smart strike, and in this meta there's almost no intimidate users, and can be increased with beast boost), great physical bulk with 131 base def and very fast at 109 base speed. His only drawback is the very low special def but it can be played around (assault vest or sash, switch out or simply kill the special attackers before they can attack).
However this rules also add a new Kartana counter in the name of Azelf who is faster and learn flamethrower, and Torkoal will be more present since it's the only sun setter and some of it's counter in VGC (Garchomp, Gigalith) are not present.
>>
>>32827546

Literally only playing for those megastones
>>
>>32827968
>it's the only sun setter
I mean the only weather setter (except for Snover), so I expect Torkoal to be on a lot of team, and see some random pokemon carry rain dance to counter it and help Wishiwashi.
>>
Prankster Rain Dance is probably going to be fun. Haven't decided on Murkrow or Meowstic-M yet though.
>>
>>32828370
I'm using Murkrow, but the 4th moveslot syndrome is horrible.

Quash, Toxic, Taunt, Snarl and even twave look like good options in this meta.

Foul play, roost and raindance are a must though, especially if fooling around Ferrothorn, supporting Kartana or overall using aqua jet.

I'm thinking taunt takes priority in this match ups but magic coat Porygon2 is somewhat scary.
>>
I'm thinking of trying out Maractus since I rarely ever get to use it and I've always wanted to.
>>
>>32828510
>Murkrow without Tailwind
May as well use Sableye
>>
Im using

Kartana
Rotom-Heat
and Azelf.

Any suggestions for fourth slot?
>>
>>32828633
Boring pick, but Mimikyu probably
>>
>>32828609
I'm using both actually. Many people go nuts on team preview with that.

>>32828633

You need to prepare for Hawlucha, try running Ammongus or good old Torkoal+scarf Chandelure, they set the ground for Kartana especially if you are running sash Kartana.

I was running mold breaker hawlucha as a joke but it turned out to be quite decent thanks to me foregoing power herb and running fightingium and skydrop wich work really fucking well for the team.
>>
running
choice band azumarill
eviolite servine
scarf kartana
sash aipom
life orb mimikyu
assault vest jolteon r8 and h8 lads
>>
>>32829750
Not running perish trap Azumarrill.

You disgust me.
>>
File: 1482349774044.jpg (103KB, 450x586px) Image search: [Google]
1482349774044.jpg
103KB, 450x586px
>>32829750
>assault vest jolteon
Is that just a sort of joke or gimmick, or is it actually a real strategy I don't know about? Either way, I think you'd probably be better off using an item that boosts Jolteon's offensive capabilities instead of defensive.
>>
I'll be running Eviolite Growlithe to counter Kartana. He's built like a physically defensive Arcanine with some investment in SpAtk, so he shouldn't have too much trouble with it, but I'm worried about Gastrodon.
>>
>>32827546
I have prepared some mons but I can't decide a team.
>A-muk (one with curse and one with fire blast to use with AV)
>A-marowak
>Rotom
>Oricoro
>Ribombee
>Hawlucha
>Kartana
>Excadril
>Azumarill (belly drum)
>Doublade
It would take little effort to get an umbreon or espeon. Plus maybe eviolite growlithe or masquerain for intimidate (and pory2 and magnetic from the /gag/ thread which I probably won't use)
This is the first time I take part to an online competition so I'll probability do bad anyways.
>>
I'm doing a monotype team with Ghostbros
I only care about getting the stones, desu
>>
>Raichu
>Torkoal
>Excadrill
>Azumarill
>Porygon2
>Reuniclus

Full power eruption and trick room memes, I built my team just to counter the common mons
>>
I was 3rd on SD for a while. Torkoal + Chandelure is amazingly strong. Just watch out for Excadrill and opposing Chandelure switch-ins.
>>
>>32830285
Don't forget rain dance Murkrow, that shit can punish the core hard.
>>
>>32827546
>bunch of faggots using excadrills,mimikyus and kartanas

where is the fun?
>>
File: thisiskartana.png (497KB, 508x1045px) Image search: [Google]
thisiskartana.png
497KB, 508x1045px
>>32827546
there goes my 30 minutes making this
fucking worth it
>>
>>32830486
good meme
>>
File: 1482079299822.gif (690KB, 268x258px) Image search: [Google]
1482079299822.gif
690KB, 268x258px
Are we allowed to link off-site? I made a big post elsewhere asking for help putting the final touches on my team, but I've gotten no responses. Mostly just need some help deciding on held items and some moves. Could really use a hand.
>>
>>32830540
Just copy paste nigga
>>
>>32830635
If that's okay, then...

-------------------------
I've decided on the Pokemon I want to use and have them more or less trained and ready to go. I'd just like some final advice on moveslots and held items before I lock them in. I'm trying a Trick Room team for the first time, so I could use a bit of help. Like, given that we only choose 4 out of our six to actually fight, is 3 Trick Room-ers too many? Could one of them swap it out for a coverage or support move? And what would be a good pair to lead with?

Reuniclus w/????
Magic Guard, Sassy
- Psychic/Psyshock (which one?)
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room (maybe replace?)
- Protect

Aromatisse w/Safety Goggles?
Aroma Veil, Sassy
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room
- Protect

Chandelure w/????
Infiltrator, Quiet
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room (maybe replace?)
- Protect

Alolan Muk w/Figy Berry
Gluttony, Brave
- Gunk Shot/Poison Jab (which one?)
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak(?)
- Protect

Escavalier w/Life Orb
Overcoat, Brave
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Protect

Wishiwashi w/Leftovers, Z-Crystal?
Schooling, Quiet
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Endeavor/Z-Mist/Ice Beam/U-Turn/Earthquake (HEEEEEELP!)
- Protect

Wishiwashi's last move is especially hard for me. It's got max Atk IV so U-Turn or EQ could be useful, Endeavor would let it do some damage if it gets reduced to Solo Form and the opponent ignores it thinking it's no longer a threat, Z-Mist is a full health recovery, etc.
Thought about swapping Escavalier's Iron Head for another Knock Off (otherwise I'll need Muk to kill Porygon2's), but the coverage and STAB is too hard to give up.
Wish I had more time to test some of these, but I don't. So any tips would be very much appreciated!
>>
File: 1458444613865.jpg (84KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1458444613865.jpg
84KB, 894x894px
bump for the sorry souls still frantically deciding on movesets, it's almost time up for EVs though.
>>
>>32831272
>time up for EVs
Why?
>>
>>32831300
if you're doing them in pelago even with beans you'll probably miss the timing for tourney start, or at least be damn near the bell.
>>
>>32831320
Just use SOS battles like a normal person in a rush.
7 Wailmers and your HP is maxed, assuming you have Pokerus and the power item.
>>
>>32831328
I'm already done with them, I'm just leaving a heads up for those that don't, although your tip is helpful for them - they ought to thank you for that.
>>
>tfw haven't even decided on a team yet
If I spend today all day breeding, will I make it in time?
>>
>>32831477
yes
>>
>>32830657
Anyone? At least the items?
>>
Sitrus Berry Azumarill
Choice Scarf Ditto
Eviolite Porygon2
Life Orb Mimikyu
Light Clay Klefki
Leftovers Reuniclus

If I win at least two matches I'll be satisfied.
>>
>>32831328
This. Or if you have bounce houses in your Festival Plaza, use those.
>>
Current team is:
Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs Ferrothorn
Life Orb + Mold Breaker Excadrill
Standard Rotom Wash
Eviolite + Intimidate Growlithe
Figy + Gluttony A.Muk
Ghostium Z Mimikyu
>>
I've built a team before, but I'm still relatively new to teambuilding.
Which is why I'm having a hard time deciding on even a core for my team. Does anyone have any interesting sets I might want to use?
>>
File: 1497724490913.png (82KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1497724490913.png
82KB, 400x381px
>>32831477
you'll be shaving the hairs, lucky for you I happened to breed an extra pair of my team, since my cousin wanted to try it, but he still hasn't signed up or asked to trade the extra pair. if anything I can offer acceptable breedjects.

I'm a ghostfag though so expect half the team being ghost, but I accounted for that.

>>32831517
okay I'll throw you a bone

renuniclus - life orb would probably be his best option, his SpA is pretty good,

chandelure - people say choice specs/scarf, but seeing all the knock off users in the lineup, no item might actually be safer (you'll actually have a chance to survive a knock off w/out an item), if you want a chance to tank a water attack, a passho berry might help, but I'd expect a hydro-vortex against and it'd be useless anyways - still small chance they may not use it.

aromatise - is probably best with leftovers so I can survive and heal its friends, even it's only stalling for time, if you're worried about taunt a mental herb can get you a free turn in a pinch.

I'm only doing this out of your usage of chandelure, even it's just one ghost in a team, I always help ghost users. If there's anything else you want clarified I can probably help.
>>
>>32827546
I like Pykumuku. It is surprisingly potent. Most people just ignore it, but it still plays mindgames with 'em.
>>
>>32831681
>if anything I can offer acceptable breedjects.
Ooh, thanks for the offer. What do you have, specifically?
>>
>>32831681
I can't use Life Orb on Reuniclus because I need it for my Escavalier. Aromatisse doesn't need a Mental Herb since Aroma Veil prevents Taunting anyway, which is why I was thinking the Goggles to prevent Sleep Powders, though I dunno how much of that to expect. I really think the Leftovers would be best for Wishiwashi since it might keep it in battle mode for longer, assuming I don't use Z-Mist for healing.
I hadn't considered the no-item idea for Chandelure, though. It's a good idea. But wouldn't a Colbur berry be better in that case?
>>
>>32831735
I'd rather recommend running Z stones or air Ballon on chandelure, inferno overdrive and bloom doom are good clutches if you don't want to be choiced and fear knock off.
>>
where can I find a list of the eligible pokemon for this tournament?
>>
>>32831802
Check the Serebii dex. Anything that is 1.0 meters or lower is eligible sans the events.
>>
>>32831791
Bloom Doom? Would that be from Energy Ball? Now that you mention it I have nothing for Water types, but putting that on my Fire type seems a bit risky. Maybe I could put it on Reuniclus instead.
With that in mind, would you say 2 TR setters is enough?
>>
>>32831708
I got 4 drillburs, 2 with mold breaker

4 litwicks, 2 timid and 2 modest - some might have egg moves (haze, acid armor, heatwave, and power split) they're partially leveled so I don't know 100%, but they might have the ev's partially done

1 extra misdreavus with ominous wind and destiny bond, but it's SpA is probably in it's late 20's, everything else perfect

other than that I have some of the premade giveaway mons (I decided to use my own): 2 HP fire magneton, an azelf, a premade chandelure, a komala, a comfey, and they're all shiny, so I'd honestly have a pinch of caution about using them though.

>>32831735
colbur is actually a better idea, after checking the calcs. for the rest of them you actually seem to have a better idea what you want out of them.

>>32831791
this guy has a good idea there with the air baloon to dodge an EQ. With a z-crystal is a toss up, bloom doom is a 50/50ish chance against wishiwashi if it's EV'ed defensively, if you were running with haze a Z Haze will heal him. Also there's a 6.3% chance of KO on chandelure if it takes a knock-off from A-Muk spec'ed offensively and is holding no-item or a crystal.
>>
>>32831791
Grass Z-Crystal sounds good on Chandelure. It protects it from Knock Off damage, fucks up Water, and might (Probably won't, but you can hope, right?) lure those waters into a false sense of security.
>>
>>32831831
Most water types outside of Quilfish and Bruxish are too slow or rely on priority, a base 80 speed Bloom Doom can make the difference and using a z crystal renders knock off at base power.

Colbur activates before knock off, I should note that this gives you another turn vs scarf Kartana nightslash and air Ballon helps with the possibility of Dugtrio and Excadrill randomly popping around.
>>
>>32831834
>>32831708
assuming my cousin doesn't pick up in time, then I got a whole six ready to go.

Chandelure
Mismagius
Excadrill
Mimikyu
Umbreon
Sableye -I'm still working on leveling up the extra one but I'll be done in a couple hours on that.

still, he's got till noon central time (6/22) before I offer it up to someone. no sense letting it go to waste.

beyond that, it's strictly breedjects as in they probably don't even have the needed stats perfect. Most of those are litwicks and I'm sure most if not all have no egg moves.
>>
>>32831867
to further add I just found a near perfect litwick, no egg moves - SpD and Spe are 30, everything else perfect.
>>
>>32831834
>252+ Atk Muk-Alola Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 116-138 (69.4 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I actually don't have to worry too much about A-Muk's Knock Off with a Z-Crystal, but if I use Air Balloon that's a OHKO. So right there it's a toss-up between protection against Muk or Excadrill. Honestly I think the latter gives my team more problems due to the raw power, so that's a point for Air Balloon. That said, Muk is SE against half my team. Argh, tough choice.
>>32831864
My Chandelure has the lowest possible speed to make it more effective in TR. Is that still gonna do well against the Water types I'll fight?
>>
>>32831917
Colbur/Air Ballon are a must then, with minus speed you can't defeat standard rotom W at - speed 0ivs and you become a sitting duck to the knock off users.

Check how well your team fares vs Excadrill, if he isn't a priority go for Colbur.

This is asumming your TR gets lifted or fails to set up
>>
I'm going for
Mimikyu
Chandelure
Kartana
A-Marowak
Gastrodon
Ribombee
>>
>>32831972
Should I do calcs for Life Orb Excadrill or something else? And no defenses? Because I know my Reuniclus and Escavalier can OHKO it, though they'll take a hard hit if TR isn't up.

And speaking of, I'm still looking for opinions - three TR setters, or give one an extra coverage move? I could give Reuniclus Grassium Z with Energy Ball to handle Water types if I should drop a TR.
>>
>>32831864
a night slash from kartana against chandelure is a 2HKO without a colbur berry, with it's a 3HKO

>252 Atk Kartana Night Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 112-134 (82.3 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>252 Atk Kartana Night Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Chandelure: 56-67 (41.1 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

>>32831917
>>32831972
still, in that case, a colbur isn't much help because chandelure is going to be 2HKO'ed with or without a colbur berry, keeping chandelure away from muk is the smartest move to make. Otherwise, your best bet is to use Inferno Overdrive (Z-move), my calcs run off heat wave as his fire move, flamethrower barely makes it too.

>252 SpA Chandelure Inferno Overdrive (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Muk-Alola: 162-192 (76.4 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

then on the second turn

>252 SpA Chandelure Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Muk-Alola: 66-78 (31.1 - 36.7%) -- 60.3% chance to 3HKO

in my honest opinion, if you're going take on muk head on with chandelure, just use Z haze after taking him out to heal, but haze is an egg move FYI

>>32832035
definitely, run calcs for life orb excadrill, I always calc for the worst possible scenarios

still, all things considered, a colbur berry actually isn't that much help as I thought.
>>
File: 430 Honchkrow.jpg (76KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
430 Honchkrow.jpg
76KB, 400x420px
I'm running a Naive Moxie Honchkrow with Brave Bird, Heat Wave and Sucker Punch. For the last slot, should I run Protect or Superpower?
SP will break Pory-Z in two, but I fear it'll just Z-conversion and I'll miss out on the OHKO.
>>
>>32832077
My Chandelure has max HP and Sp.Atk. Trick Room so no speed investment, after all. Made all my mons very easy to EV, actually. Max HP on most of them, with their primary attacking stat maxed as well. Reuniclus is a bit different since I EV'd it in an earlier game for Singles, and Aromatisse is probably gonna be defensive stats only once I figure out what its EVs even are.

My Chandelure does have Haze and Heat Wave, so those are options. So right now I've got a choice between 3 different Z-Crystals and Air Balloon, if Colbur's no good. Though 2 crystals require TR to be removed from the moveset.

Excadrill is OHKO'd by Chandelure, Wishiwashi, Reuniclus, and Escavalier, while Aromatisse and Muk can't really deal with it. Surprisingly, Wishiwashi and Escavalier both tank EQ well at about 46-54%, and Reuniclus takes a bit more from it and even more from Iron Head.
So 4/6 can OHKO Excadrill, and 3/6 can at least tank one hit pretty well. 4/6 if Chandelure has Air Balloon.
>>
>>32832167
Wait, Wishiwashi is allowed?
I sorta assumed it wasn't because Schooled Wishiwashi is huge.
>>
>>32832200
evidently, it is, assume the position if you haven't prepped at least one mon to deal with it.
>>
>>32832200
Schooled form actually doesn't have a different size statistic. Unlike Megas. So it's definitely a powerhouse in this format you should be ready for. In most cases though that probably just means Kartana.
>>
>>32832223
>>32832232
Surely Storm Drain slug will save me.
Maybe.

And I explicitly didn't want to run non-breedable pokes this time. Getting pretty sick of Tapus, UBs and whatnot.
>>
>>32832241
>And I explicitly didn't want to run non-breedable pokes this time. Getting pretty sick of Tapus, UBs and whatnot.

I went breedable only too like I pretty much always do.
>>
>>32832259
I just wish the Terrain abilities were on more things than just the Tapus. It would open up quite a lot more options.
>>
And speaking of Wishiwashi, dear god I need a final move.

Wishiwashi w/Leftovers, Z-Crystal?
Schooling, Quiet
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Endeavor/Z-Mist/Ice Beam/U-Turn/Earthquake (HEEEEEELP!)
- Protect

Muddy Water because doubles, Hydro Pump for super-hard hitting single-targets. But the last move is a doozy.
>Endeavor lets Wishiwashi do big damage even if reduced to Solo form, when opponents might leave it alone since they'd assume it's useless
>U-Turn is U-Turn
>EQ is EQ
>Z-Mist is a full health recovery. Good to stay Schooled, but if you're in Solo form and using it you still won't transform back until the end of the turn. Also eats your Z-move.
>Ice Beam is more coverage, but I don't think Ice is needed in this format.
I'm leaning Endeavor right now, with Leftovers for recovery. But U-Turn and EQ both have strong arguments as well, and my Wishiwashi is Quiet with perfect TR stats (0 speed, 31 everything else) so it still has a strong Atk stat. So it might be a waste to limit it to Water moves + Endeavor.
>>
>>32832274
non-stab eq on a non-strictly physical set is garbage. Go for Ice beam. Also you might wanna try a 50% berry instead of leftovers.
>>
>>32832289
It's still an EQ coming off a 140 base attack stat. It hits A.Muk harder than Muddy Water, at least.
What does Ice Beam even hit in this format? Not really any dragons to speak of, and Water works better on ground types. Are there troublesome birds to expect?

50% berries only activate at 25% health or less, right? It would definitely save it from going to Solo form, I guess. I just dunno if it'll get down to that level often.
>>
>>32831802
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_height
>>
>>32827546
>Are you hoping for more of these special tournaments?
Yes.
Almost anything is probably better than the awful selection that is VGC 2017.
>>
Too lazy to make a team. I think I'm just gonna triple concede like I did in the previous competition. With USM on the horizont I don't feel like trying to keep my Sun file up to date anymore.
>>
My team I plan on using
Murkrow or Sableye (to prankster taunt & haze eevee based teams or setup mons)
Kartana (fightium Z)
Chandelure
They are pretty much my stapled mons trying to figure out others I could use
>>
>>32832419
Excadrill, because fuck Rotom.
>>
Just using some I haven't used in a while/yet.

Probably not going to be highly ranked because I don't have a real answer for Alolan Muk in particular, but at least it'll be somewhat challenging.

Only doing half the battles certainly hasn't helped me stay out of the top 100 in my country and 5-600 in the world so maybe this will help while still also being fun, lol.
>>
>>32832430
Also Rotom is a good choice to add to his team.
>>
What would be a good contrary lurantis set?
>>
Substitue Kartana or nah?
>>
>>32832419
A water type seems like a good fit. Azumarill is the first one that comes to mind.
>>
>>32831682
I expect a lot of Mold Breaker in this format. Be careful.
>>
>>32831831
You might not really need it for Water, but Chandelure is threatened by Ground- and Rock-types as well. Both of which are also weak to Grass.
>>
Anyone running Cinccino? I think my fluffy little helper could do good work in this meta
>>
Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Haze
- Foul Play

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Detect
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Chandelure @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 128 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpA / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Rotom-Mow @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm

Thoughts?
>>
>>32827878
Good thing for arena trap dugtrio and focus sash
>>
>>32832795
Give Excadrill Earthquake, it works fine with the rest of the team. I'd just give it Groundium Z if you want a way to use a single target ground move.
>>
>>32831834
>Mismagius
Oooh, that's definitely something I want to play around with.
Do you recommend any sets/strats?
>>
>>32832685
What the fuck could Cinccino possibly--
>Skill Link
>Bullet Seed and Rock Blast
>>
Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Kartana @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Protect

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Protect

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Clear Smog

Excadrill @ Groundium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Quash
- Foul Play

Pretty standard stuff. The Scope Lens on Kartana is from a VGC set that I use (I'm too lazy to change it)
>>
>>32832934
Right? It's a no nonsense mon to get you out of sticky situations, and it can pack a surprisingly strong punch
>>
It's the first time I do one of these. Do I have to use the same team for all the competition or am I allowed to juggle some mons?
>>
>>32832884
>give excadrill earthquake
>with mold-breaker
>halves its teammate origami-ga
>nearly kills its teammate rotom-mow
>OHHK'es its teammate chandelure
not so brilliant now is it?
>>
>>32833073
Nope. Once you register your team, they're locked until it's over.
>>
>>32833076
>Protect
>>
>>32833093
>forcing your teammate to waste a turn in order to not die
>essentially giving away your plan hinges on excadrill
this is how you get double teamed, you turned a 2v2 into a 2v1, nice.
>>
I'm a beginner when it comes to teambuilding and competitive in general. Thing is, I kinda forgot this tournament would be a thing, so I'm making this last-minute about as quickly as I can to start breeding asap.
There's probably a lot of rough edges. Any tips?
What would be a good item for Mimikyu?
I'm kinda lacking another special attacker, as most of this meta I've come across is composed of physical attackers/defenders. Don't feel like including Azelf, though, since the one I've got probably has a shitty nature, and rotom... is just weird (so unless you can explain to me how I'm supposed to make use of it...).
Kartana's nature is shit because it's the one I have in-game, so I'll have to do with that.
Maybe I shouldn't put choices on the chandelure.
How much should I be wary of Trick Room? I only kind of have Marowak to go with the flow, and maybe azumarill. Haven't packed taunt or anything.

Mimikyu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer

Marowak-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Brick Break
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Scope Lens
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Substitute

Cinccino @ Leftovers
Ability: Skill Link
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Frustration
- Protect
- Encore

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Clear Smog

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
>>
>>32833103
If the Earthquake user is choiced then yes that's an issue, but that's not the case here. Earthquake has always been an amazing move even on teams that don't have many flyers. This is also why Groundium Z is recommended so you can use a single target attack.
>>
>>32833130
Marowak should only ever have Thick Club, and also give it Shadow Bone over Brick Break. Stone Edge probably isn't useful for much either, usually that should be Bonemerang

Mimikyu and Cinccino should have offensive items. Ghost or Fairy Z move is good on Mimikyu, Cinccino can have something like Life Orb or sash. Mimikyu could also have Trick Room to control speed and support your slow attackers.

Azumarill has Sap Sipper there, I don't know if that's a mistake, but Huge Power is always better for offensive sets
>>
>>32827546
I don't have SM, if I did, I'd meme set with a V-create smeargle
>>
>>32833225
smeargle's a touch too tall, it's one meter or less, he's 1.2m
>>
>>32827546
I'm actually not using Kartana. I haven't gotten around to catching all the UBs.
>>
>>32831681
>no item might actually be safer (you'll actually have a chance to survive a knock off w/out an item)
Why not just pack a Z-Crystal so it's not a wasted slot?
>>
>>32833194
>Marowak should only ever have Thick Club, and also give it Shadow Bone over Brick Break. Stone Edge probably isn't useful for much either, usually that should be Bonemerang
I haven't tested it yet, but on paper rock head sounds really good, especially with life orb.
I gave it brick break and stone edge for coverage. You're right I should use bonemerang over stone edge, but I'm not convinced about replacing Brick Break.

> Azumarill has Sap Sipper there, I don't know if that's a mistake, but Huge Power is always better for offensive sets
Yeah, that was a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for analyzing my team. I hope I'll be able to do something with it.
>>
>>32833717
Lightning Rod gives Wak an extra immunity and can save your Azu from getting Thunderbolted or something. It's less amazing than in normal VGC due to no Tapus, but it's still pretty damn good.
What is Brick Break gonna cover that your other moves aren't covering? 75 BP is pretty unimpressive, unless you're really terrified of screens.
>>
>>32833717
>life orb
Nono, Thick Club, its signature item
>>
>>32833531
I was that close to having a dedicated nuke, so close, yet so far
>>
>>32833642
I guess although you might up ending up needing a crystal for another teammate and because you had a crystal on chandelure and it seemed like a good idea, you popped it and inadvertently screwed the pooch. It's kinda a no temptation thing, but if there's nothing else going for other teammates might as well.

I get the 'for want of a nail' sentiment, but there's not a lot he can do with a z crystal he could do without - bloom doom can slap a water type, but it's 50/50 with wishiwashi for 1HKO, although it kicks him out of schooling either way. So I suppose that's good enough. If it ends up in trickroom wishi wins regardless if he packed a crystal.

for inferno overdrive there's hardly where it be needed to work except the possibly of A-Muk, but if you're trying to take him head on with chandelure, you gotta be either incredibly sure of yourself or a special kind of crazy, because that takes two turns to pull off and there's no telling if he's got a teammate gunning for chandelure too.

beyond that I guess you can use Z-haze for a heal up. Using Ghostium Z is just silly because anything that'd die from Neverending Nightmare probably would have died from a shadow ball either way.

I just don't see the angle.
>>
>>32833775
>What is Brick Break gonna cover that your other moves aren't covering? 75 BP is pretty unimpressive, unless you're really terrified of screens.
I was thinking mostly of steel and normal types, as well as screens, but Bonemerang already covers for steel and I'm not really scared of normal types, so it's only use would be screens, really. I guess Shadow Bone is better due to STAB and 85BP, but I felt like I had too many ghost type moves already.
I might go Shadow Bone, I guess I'll see.

>>32833783
Somehow I always forget the signature items.
>>
>>32827878
>Rimbombee and Oricoco
Shit, that's my lead. Which bird type is the most popular?
>>
>>32833717
>life orb is a 1.3 boost with the penalty of taking damage
>thick club straight up doubles his attack, essentially a free swords dance
Just sayin'
>>
Sap sipper or huge power azumarill??
>>
My final(?) team:
- A-Muk @ Air Ballon, Adamant: Bulky tank spread, Knock off shenanigans and Shadow Sneak
- A-Marowak @ Thick Club, Adamant: standard moveset, EV trained to "outspeed" Mimikyu under Trick Room (192 Speed EVs)
- Ribombee @ Red Card, Timid: for Speed Swap and Pollen Puff teammate healing mainly, has Sweet Veil to avoid Sleep moves, not sure about the item but Red Card has been somewhat useful, running HP investment instead of Sp.Atk since it rarely attacks though the bulk is not that good anyway.
- Kartana @ Fightinium Z, Jolly: standard moveset and EVs. Fightinium Z to get rid of Ferrothorn and Porygon2.
- Dugtrio @ Focus Sash, Jolly: bred this one just for this. I needed a fast Ground-type to fuck Fire-types that want to roast Kartana and also show that fucking steel mole named Excadrill that original mole is better. Has Sucker Such in case priority is needed. Considered Pursuit for Chandelure but it hasn't been needed during testing.
Wash-Rotom @ Rindo Berry, Bold: also bred for this. I originally had Wishiwashi but unfortunaly, Wishiwashi is trash. I needed a water-type that could take hits and deal good damage. Wash-Rotom just works. Not sure about the item, chose Rindo Berry to prevent Kartana from OHKO it, but I haven't faced one since I added Rotom to the team. The EV spread is the one shown on Smogon's OU analyses for singles (adjusted for level 50) cause I don't have much experience with Rotom but from the little I played with it, it served me well.

I also originally had Lycanroc with Roar to screw set up sweepers like Extreme Evoboost and Z-Conversion but I usually can deal with them without a phazing move anyway if I predict correctly.

What do you think? Any major weaknesses I'm not seeing?
>>
>>32834185
Huge Power. Because I don't want you guys to screw over my Kartana just like someone did while I was testing cause I always expected Huge Power but the guy had Sap Sipper instead.
>>
At first I was running Excadrill, Amoonguss, Mimikyu, Rotom-W, Torkoal and Porygon2, but it felt kind of underwhelming and I found myself not using P2 and Memekyu not that often, so I started changing things, now I'm running this:

>Kartana
>Chandelure
>Rotom-W
>Sableye
>Reuniclus
>Amoonguss

This one has been working pretty well and it's fun to use. I especially like Amoonguss since it cockblocks most Azumarills even at +6, it also makes Cinccino completely useless so people can't cheese me with King's Rock flinches. I do wish Sableye had 8 move slots...
>>
>>32834234
Sap Sipper it is
>>
>>32834248
Have fun doing 15% of damage with neutral hits.
>>
>>32834377
This. Remember that Azu's base attack is 50.
>>
>>32834056
I run a Honchkrow, Emolga feels too silly to me, but what do I know.
Specs Swellow the best tho
>>
>>32832685
Believe me, I considered it. But it just didn't fit onto my team this time since I wanted to give Trick Room a try.
>>32832934
Pair with King's Rock for good results.
>>
>>32832951
>Muk with Flamethrower
Seems odd. Is it for Kartana? You've got Chandelure and Azelf for that.
>>
>>32834497
I admire you for using Honchkrow. I kind of made an anti TR team and put in a lot of speed changes so I can most likely always go first.
>>
>>32834185
Huge Power is literally the main reason Azumarill is used. Sap Sipper would be like running Water Absorb Politoed on a rain team.

The only benefit to Sap Sipper is to catch opponents off guard for one turn, but you'll still have a really weak Pokémon, just one they expected to kill that turn.
>>
>Kartana can't OHKO Aromatisse without Life Orb
Hmm, that's practically a guaranteed Trick Room if my opponent doesn't double-tap. Question is, do I take the risk of the opponent assuming it'll kill and go for the setup, or switch out/Protect and have the partner set it up as a bait and switch? First-turn predictions are hard...
>>
>>32834907
Is Taunt common enough that Mimikyu isn't just a better option?
>>
>>32834946
It is quite common, but even so, Memekyu could run Mental Herb or even Z-Trick Room to avoid the Taunt.
>>
File: 1496375487375.jpg (255KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1496375487375.jpg
255KB, 894x894px
>>32832898
as for strats, it's mostly only a destiny trapper, and even more, z-destiny bond has a follow me effect forcing your opponents onto the witch, so she has a passive effect of keeping dark type moves in check for fear they'll play themselves. I do like using mismagius with excadrill without mold breaker as the Levitate lets him spam EQ.

as for moves, there are only a few interesting choices:

mystical fire - if you wanna drag down your enemies SpA while still being able to one-shot origami-ga.

ominous wind - can give you a 1 stage Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe boost (10%), but if you need to one-shot an un-scarfed chandelure shadow ball is better. Although if you can get the boost, you now outspeed and OHKO chandelure with it, scarf or not, still risky.

ice wind - if you absolutely have to drag their speed down a peg, but it's not going to one-shot anything and mismagius doesn't really have the bulk to get more than two stages out, hits both foes though.

power gem - puts most birds in the yellow, and if you have a helping hand, it can turn them into 1HKO's. Not one flying type user expected that.

dazzling gleam - doesn't really hit as hard as you'd expect, but again, it's a doubles move. not really my most recommended move, it's only saving grace is 2HKO hawlucha.

nasty plot - seems like a great idea on paper, but it just turns you into a target all the faster, you can exploit that with destiny bond.

energy ball - because water

still haven't picked my set yet.
>>
>>32834946
I wanted the Heal Pulses, especially since I have Wishiwashi. And I already have a ghost type in Chandelure, so Aromatisse avoids type overlap.
>>
This starts in about six hours, right?
>>
>>32834987
After a bit of dicking around, I just can't find a way to fit Mismagius properly in my team. I'll be going with chandelure instead. Are you still up for giving away a timid litwick?
>>
>>32835245
with or without egg moves, I don't think I got one with egg moves and good IV's, but I definitely have a few timid litwicks. link trade or GTS, you pick the shit mon to trade it for and i'll set it for that, something unique gives you a bit of time to find it. I got a few so it getting snipped isn't much of an issue.
>>
File: 1418102563792.jpg (49KB, 150x251px) Image search: [Google]
1418102563792.jpg
49KB, 150x251px
>playing sun
>training a cubone for this
>evolves into alolan marowak at night
>tfw no lunala or copy of moon

how long until i can evolve my cubone?
>>
>>32835415
you can change your 3DS time, it might fuck up the timers for the palego, so be forewarned. save and close, change time, go back in-game.
>>
>>32835415
Ask someone to do it for you. Give it a Rare candy to hold so they don't use one of theirs.
>>
>>32835307
I'm looking for one with heat wave, but if you don't have it it's fine as well.
Since I can't really stand still for long enough to trade right now, I've put up a pelago lapras named "Lit up" on the GTS. OT is Mids.
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>32835498
yeah sorry about the lack of heat wave, I didn't have anything workable in the IV department for that, but at least it's been pre-leveled to 32 from palego lvlup, I used that as a base breeder parent, and I don't need it anymore, I kept the first ideal litwick with egg moves for myself, I can try and breed another but you won't have much time to EV it.
>>
>>32835415
You can use Solgaleo to reverted your time without fucked the pelago.
>>
>>32835498
Mine are Quiet and have 0 Speed IV, but they have Heat Wave, Haze, Acid Armor, and Power Trick as egg moves if you want one.
>>
>>32835589
>>32835617
if you're quick you could use his and mine to breed one with timid, destiny knot on his, everstone on mine, just to roll the dice

ONE MORE TIME

but yeah that way can get something workable with timid and egg moves if you like.
>>
>>32835617
Wow, that wasn't really necessary, but if you're going to wonder trade it anyway, I might as well take it. Deposited an eevee called "Light me up". OT is still Mids.

>>32835645
I'll still be breeding for a while anyway, and I have 5IV parents for almost all egg groups, so I don't really mind. Anything that can speed this wacky rodeo up is welcome, though.
>>
>>32835811
The Litwick is yours. I've got tons of them so don't worry about it. And that was good timing because I'm heading out the door in a few minutes.
>>
File: 1491325875442.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491325875442.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
Rotom-EasyBakeOven
Excadrill
Mismagius
Ferrothorn or Primeape, can't decide
Ditto & Shedinja for the memes
>>
>>32832568
Innards out, who cares
>>
>>32835940
>Ditto
FUCK I totally forgot about Scarf Ditto being a monster. Welp, no time to prepare for it, and I guess it's still more of a problem in Singles. Oh well.
>>
>>32835982
Doubles Ditto is surprisingly handy, I went up against a guy in feb or march IC that ran a Belly Drum Snorlax, and I copied it after the stat boost and ran him over with it. Toppest of keks
>>
So, Psyshock or Psychic for Reuniclus?
>>
>>32836623
I would go with Psychic.
Max spa Psychic Reuniclus vs 4 hp Kartana 56% of OHKO.
Max spa Psyshock Reuniclus vs 4 hp Kartana does around 33% damage.

Also,

Max spa Psychic Reuniclus vs 252 hp Torkoal does around 90% damage.
Max spa Psyshock Reuniclus vs 252 hp Torkoal does around 45% damage.
>>
>>32836623
Psychic is the superior option in doubles since there is (usually) no Chansey/Blissey, not to mention the only real wall in this format is Amoonguss, which is built as a physical wall, so hitting the special side would be ideal.
>>
>>32827546
I was at first but my 3ds is Japanese while my gamecard is US so I can't register my game
>>
>>32832320
Before I replaced Wishiwashi, I was using it with Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam and Protect. I actually started with Earthquake instead of Ice Beam, Since its attack wasn't really invested, I found Earthquake hitting for less than I was expecting from that 140 Atk.
And regarding the Berry, sometimes it saved me, other times Wishiwashi was simply OHKO because even with max HP investment, its HP stat sucks,
>>
>>32836981
>>32837016
Sounds good to me, thanks.
>>32837059
Yeah, when looking at some expected calcs most neutral attacks are hitting him for around 58-69%, which isn't enough to trigger the berry. I considered Waterium Z, but Hydro Pump pretty much wrecks stuff anyway.
But yeah, what targets make Ice Beam worth it? It gives a OHKO on Kartana with full accuracy as opposed to a 62% chance to OHKO of Hydro Pumps imperfect accuracy, and I guess it hits the aforementioned Amoongus harder, too. But most other things are hit harder by STAB Pumps, which really makes me consider Endeavor to keep Wishiwashi useful if it does get Solo Form'd.
>>
Oh, and final thoughts on how many TR setters to use? I can go with either 2 or 3. I was originally thinking the latter, but I'm not sure it's needed when you only bring 4 Pokemon. Giving my Reuniclus Energy Ball and Grassium Z instead lets it OHKO the expected Water types I'll fight like Azumarill, Wishiwashi, and Rotom-W, which I'd otherwise have nothing hit super effectively.
If I do that, I'll keep TR on Chandelure, which means no Z-Haze option, so I could give it Air Balloon, Colbur berry, or Firium Z instead.
>>
>>32837247
What about Assault vest?
>>
>>32837391
If it's an AV Kartana, Wishiwashi loses whether TR is up or not unless it's taken damage beforehand.
>>
pencils down, hope y'all signed up, any regrets up teambuilding up to now?
>>
I'm going for gimmicks, using Swagger+Psych Up Wormadam-Sandy
>>
>>32838344
So far no, since I won twice thanks to RNG

Team is:
Sash Kartana
LO Exca
Toxapex
Eevee
SubSD Hawlucha
Scarf Chandy
>>
>>32838593
>toxapex

Why. Did no one tell you this is a doubles competition?
>>
>>32838646
>not having Haze, Poison and Burn at your disposal
>>
File: 1409182637530.jpg (49KB, 687x619px) Image search: [Google]
1409182637530.jpg
49KB, 687x619px
Oh god my team fucking sucks
>>
>>32838665
Yeah, it sure is great to turn a game into a 1v2 against a skilled opponent. Poison and burns are covered by Sableye better, or even Rotom. Chandelure and Murkrow also get access to Haze without being dead weight 90% of the time. Toxapex is just shit and only viable in singles where stall can exist due to the fact that it's 1v1.
>>
>>32838781
>against a skilled opponent
The majority of the people who entered the comp are there to get mega waifus and skedaddle me included. I know Toxa isn't the greatest Doubles mon, but I rather have a gimpy answer to Z-boosts than none at all.
>>
Harry from Mississippi, if you're reading this
Fuck you. And your hippo too.
>>
File: 1436641526120.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1436641526120.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>everyone has Kartana in team preview
>no one uses it because everyone also has Kartana checks/counters
>>
Is someone having problems to log in on the PGL page?
>>
>>32839136
if you're trying to register you're a lil late bub.
>>
File: surprise.png (65KB, 211x271px) Image search: [Google]
surprise.png
65KB, 211x271px
>"Kartana is OP dude, just use Kartana and rack up easy wins!"
>Get intimidated by Qwilfish which also resists all of Kartana's moves

there should be a rule against using Pokemon nobody remembers
>>
Won't be starting my battles till later. Really hope my team comp is okay.

>>32838898
A sand team? I was tempted to try that. How'd it go?
>>
>>32839162
I'm already registered to the competition but I want to log in but this thing doesn't work.
>>
>>32839184
Same. I fear that even if I was able to reach top 8 on Showdown, the team will fare like shit against actually skilled players (aka the nips).
>>
>>32839184
The sand wasn't really that much of a problem. It was Slack Off and Umbreon that really pissed me off. All the constant healing made the battle drag on forever.
>>
File: 1460229542266.jpg (59KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
1460229542266.jpg
59KB, 843x843px
>some guy has a team of unevolved starters
>doesn't forfeit, just has them use Scratch and Tackle until he loses
Do you have to actually participate in these battles to get the gifts now or something?
>>
>>32839389
You have to have three battles. Whether you win or lose doesn't matter, as long as you finish them.
>>
Who /slapped together random mons because you don't give a single goddamn shit and just want the stones/ here?
>>
>>32839405
Only (you)
>>
>>32839427
In that case you're all tryhards
>>
I'm still breeding my last mon. Fuckin' RNG doesn't want to give me my female 5IV HP Ground Ribombee. I got one that got the wrong ability and another which was male.
Goddammit, I've been breeding for almost 3 hours now. The worst part is it probably won't even be that useful.
>>
Does underlevel mon get scaled to lv 50?
>>
>>32839454
>implying this wasn't a refreshing change so we could all use mons we never really pay attention to
>>
>>32839463
yes
>>
>>32839459
>rejecting a mon based on gender
You running Attract or something?
>>
Meanwhile, I still haven't figured out what Pokemon to use. My top four picks right now are Comfey, Mimikyu, Chandelure, and Alolan Muk, but I don't know what else to do with the team, or whether I should even keep those four.
Would a Komala or a dual-screen Male Meowstic be good Pokemon to add, or to replace others with? Those are two of the few available Pokemon in my roster, so I'm considering using them.
>>
>>32839484
Not really, I'm just autistic about it.
>>
>get a DC first match before we pick mons
Hope this isn't an omen
>>
I think I'm the only one running Bruxish.
>>
>>32839666
Nice, what kind of set?
>>
>>32839673
Protect, aqua jet, psychic fangs and crunch with sash.
>>
>>32839064
if I see a porygon or aromatase I'm using it, sometimes with slurpuff or other fairies if there's nothing else more threatening in their preview that demands attention.

I just don't feel the need to throw it down at every given opportunity, it's not a lynchpin of my team, it's a janitor that does fairy and water disposal. With all the fire moves I've seen flying around, especially chandelure - you'd be a fool to make it a critical part of your team.

Yeah, when they first announced the tourney everyone put it on a pedestal it couldn't get down from. Seems kinda silly how long it took them to realize how many formidable fire users were in the meta, and just about every one of them could 1HKO it, STAB or not.

>>32839693
that's a risky biscuit, I gotta commend you for using psychic in a meta full of ghosts and darkies.
>>
>>32839454
>putting effort into a competition
>trying to enjoy a new an interesting format
>tryhards
>>
I got choice scarf Jolly Simisear, full speed and full hp Partnered with Modest Simipour full hp and full Sp atk for fire/water pledge combo. Once the serene grace effect activates for my team, I water pulse/Ice beam/scald
Too bad simisage is too tall, I would have added it too.
>>
>couldn't train anything

Guess I'm porting smol mons from gen 6
>>
>>32839813
>Too bad simisage is too tall
If only he didn't have that pompadour
>>
>>32831477
you can fight 3 (or 45) times on sunday and be done with it, just remember that it runs on utc
>>
>>32839727
Dude, you think that's risky? I meet a pukyumukyu team.
>>
Expert belt Kartana is GODLIKE in this metagame.
>>
>>32840003
>t. chandelure owner trying to b8 me
>>
>>32840023
No seriously, even the bulkier mons that think they can get away vs Kartana fail hard vs expert belt nightslash or leaf blade.

Also the shitty steel stab is a straight ohko on aromatisse.
>>
File: IMG_2050.png (401KB, 891x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2050.png
401KB, 891x648px
>lose because Muk misses two Gunk Shots
>>
>>32840206
I got rid of Gunk Shot for Poison Jab for exactly this reason.
>>
>>32839515
Fucking finally! Got my Cutiefly. Now I just to need level it up and EV train it. I already put it on Pelago, tomorrow I'll finnish the rest.
>>
>>32840238
I was considering that since I have Curse, but I designed my team around speed control so that I could always go first and net KOs and flinches.
>>
>>32840206
I'm using Poison Touch A-Muk but even if it was Gluttony, I'd still use Poison Jab. It's a semi-reliable way to spread poison.
>>
Can you cheat in this? Just lost to a nip with four shiny pokemon (Rotom Pory2 Amoongus Chandlure).

Or are they just legal fakemons?
>>
>just realized my Oricorio has roost instead of protect
This already cost me a match
>>
>>32840354
>shinys mean cheating
Look, as long as everything is within legal limits, it's no different from a Pokémon bred or caught ingame
>>
>>32840354
It's not like shiny Pokemon are hard to get ahold of anymore.
>>
How to win this tournament:

>Create a team that counters Kartana counters
>Put Kartana on your team
>Only pick Kartana when obvious

I'm ten games in and only 2 teams have actually had kartana,and only one of those two actually used it.

The rest is just

Rotom
Porygon2/Z
Azumarill
Wishiwashi
Torkoal
Azleaf
Mimikyu
Muk
A-Marowak
>>
>>32840206
Now I almost lost again missing three in a row. Fucking Christ.
>>
>>32840426
I've been handling Kartana fine because I usually have two fire types and tailwind so it never gets a chance to do real damage.
>>
>>32839454
How? Do you call VGC players tryhard too?
>>
I kinda want to start fighting, but I'm worried that I'm too sleepy and full of nerves to play well right now. Maybe I'll practice Sm4sh to calm my nerves instead.
>>
I guess is too late for train something of last our.
I think I'm gonna battle with the shit that I already have.
>>
>>32840354
Bitch please my shiny Hawlucha finally has a chance to shine in doubles.

I will use her without remorse, dammed be the shiny haters it took me a long time to breed for a shiny one in XY.

Shiny Pokémon do not correlate to cheating, heck even if you gen an entire team I wouldn't call it cheating, once team preview starts the player choices are all that matters.
>>
Eevee boosting is way more common and threatening than Kartana, I don't know what you guys are talking about.
>>
How many of the following have been showing up?
>Azelf
>Excadrill
>Torkoal
>Porygon2
I think those are what I'm most worried about, the former 3 for punching holes in shit, the latter for being nigh-unkillable without Knock-Off.
>>32840542
Is it that bad? Are things using Follow Me to protect it till it passes? Because I would think that Eevee's too squishy to really worry about.
>>
>>32840584
See
>>32840426
>>
>>32840584

A few Torkoals
One Excadrill
Porygon Z but no Porygon 2
NO Azelf

1,000,000 Extreme Evoboost gimmick teams.
>>
>>32840584
I haven't seen a single azelf yet, 5 Excadrill only 2 times actually used, the bastard I was fighting didn't bring in Torkoal, apparently my team is kind of a hard counter, they just don't bring it vs prankster mons, they are really scared of priority rain dance, the only time it wrecked me was vs an eject button meowstic that came in along a fresh scarf Chandelure.

Porygon2 and Mimikyu are everywhere.
>>
File: MeiHugFixd.jpg (79KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
MeiHugFixd.jpg
79KB, 500x588px
Could use a final tip session.

>Chandelure
Air Balloon or Firium Z?

>Reuniclus
3rd Trick Room setter, or drop TR for Energy Ball/Bloom Doom to nuke any Water?
Could give Leftovers if keeping TR and neither of the below use it, but leaning towards Bloom Doom.

>Aromatisse
Safety Goggles to get TR up even in front of Amoongus, or Leftovers?

>Wishiwashi
Wiki Berry or Leftovers?
Endeavor or Ice Beam/something else? Still leaning the former since I dunno if Ice Beam is really worth it due to lack of targets.

>>32840354
I'm hyped I finally get a chance to use my wild-caught shiny Reuniclus in this, not all shinies are hacks, man.
>>
File: 1416269138048.gif (426KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
1416269138048.gif
426KB, 250x232px
>>32827779
>mfw preparing for teams prepared for Kartana
>>
File: 1477609787307.png (3MB, 1935x1965px) Image search: [Google]
1477609787307.png
3MB, 1935x1965px
>>32840633
>252+ SpA Chandelure Inferno Overdrive (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal in Sun: 177-209 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
One of my leads is Scarf Final Gambit A-Raticate, it's been surprisingly useful.
>>
>>32840633
>>32840514
>>32840386

>Implying i said all shinies are hacked

If you have one or two, it's totally possible but four-six competitve shinies that also happen to be small for this tournament isn't plausible.

I've never played a competition before, I'm not super informed on the topic, let me know if there's checks and balances for impossible mons thats all i want to know.
>>
>>32840688
I've hatched two shinies in one hour; it's not that hard to raise your chances in SuMo.
>>
The amount of people that don't run Protect at all on their mons in this format is insane
>>
>>32840682
That sounds mildly terrifying. Anything it CAN'T nuke? And does it still die if it gets Protected?
>>
>>32840688
>checks and balances for impossible mons
Yes, there are. No Wonder Guard Sableyes to worry about.
>>
>>32840696
>I've hatched two shinies in one hour
That's pretty lucky. I've only hatched one shiny in SM, and I've spent countless hours breeding.
>>
>>32840749
I've hatched two in Sun. One was salvageable with bottle caps and was the star performer for me in the previous Battle Competitions. A Gible.
The second was a shiny Litwick while breeding for this competition, but it's a complete wreck.
>>
>>32840749
>>32840789
Got roughly a dozen so far since getting the shiny charm. This might be the only game I won't restart or sell solely for shiny hunting.
>>
>>32840426
5 fights in and except for a chink running chink shit, this strat has worked every time. The chink even had to switch out his vulpix cause he thought I was gonna use Kartana first round
>>
>>32840688
Verlis pls, go back to your wolfpack where everyone will always agree with you on everything.
>>
Am i too late for signing up? goddamn why are these ICs always when I have exams
>>
>>32840688
Bitch please, I completed a shiny dex of bredeables in platinum.

It is easy, just time consuming.
>>
>>32841181
>Shiny dex of breedables in Gen IV

NowthatswhatIcallAutism.jpg
>>
>>32840737
Ghost types due to immunity, Focus Sash/Sturdy will live with 1 HP, and the user won't die if the opponent uses Protect.
>>
>>32841367
Sounds good. What have you been using it on?
>>
>>32841281
Looking back at it...yes that was autistic.

Now I barely give a fuck about shiny Pokémon.
>>
>>32841373
I've been using it to kill anything that depends on setting up, you won't believe how many lead Klefki died to unexpected Final Gambits.
>>
Infilrator Chandelure kicks ass
Some bitch tried to hide behind a sub hahaha
>>
>>32841414
What's the set?
>>
>>32841452
What I'm using

Chandelure @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 128 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpA / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
>>
P2 can fuck right off.
37PG-WWWW-WWW7-GYQW
>>
>>32841476
That's an odd spread.
>>
>>32841530
It gets the job done, of course with support
>>
>>32829750
Jolteon and Azu are my fav mons, so 10/10
>>
Hmm connection interrupted when I was picking my pokemon and now it's just sitting there now that it's reached 0 seconds. I guess it'll boot me out eventually or something.
>>
>>32840514
My man right here

Hatched a shiny timid Hawlucha a few days ago with 6 perfect IV, I'm using her as a lead with my Oricorio to feather dance the shit out of physical attackers, basically making theme useless
>>
>>32841687
it won't reset your ds
>>
Anyone come across unusual sets?
>>
>>32841738
I've run into a couple of people who are running six Eeveelutions.
>>
I've only lost 1 battle today out of 15
>>
>>32841738
Closest I've gotten is a Solarbeam Minior
>>
>>32840682
I was taken down by one of these fucks in May, and I could have protected with Torkoal turn 1. His Tapu Lele swept me aftwards
>>
>>32840749
I've encountered and caught shiny Pelipper and Whimsicott in Sun, no eggs so far
>>
>>32841840
>no six Rotom home & garden teams

disappointing
>>
>>32842693
>duplicate pokemon not allowed
>>
>>32842703
they count that way? I've never tried but what a drag. They "feel" like eeveelutions
>>
>tfw first time playing doubles seriously
Lost 4-5 games. Only one of these losses couldn't have been avoided with better play(A-marowak + azumarill aquajet priority combo kinda fucks my whole trick room team.)

Did beat that one australian with1600 rating. Git gud.
>>
I forgot to register :(

Bonus: all my favorites are tiny crappy cute ones and the rewards are my favorite Mega Evos.
>>
>>32841840
Eevee teams in general are more common than they need to be and they're usually baton passing shits. I got my ass kicked by a Vaporeon that was given a Z boost solely because I chose not to protect one turn.
>>
>>32842952
taunt, bitch
>>
File: 1433723934911.png (153KB, 478x454px) Image search: [Google]
1433723934911.png
153KB, 478x454px
Done seven battles so far, and out of those I've lost one and got disconnected from one due to lag. Taking a break before doing the rest later.

Some replays:
Y8FW-WWWW-WWW7-GQDJ
>OU: The Team
I wish Espeon outsped Kartana, but I guess it won the possible speed tie.

G2SW-WWWW-WWW7-GQFC
This one was pretty interesting, though it was sad to see them forfeit when Shuckle died.
>>
Out of curiosity: when this tourney is over, will we still be able to apply its rules in battle spot, so we only fight with and against Pokemon under 1 meter tall? Or will we be unable to do that again?
>>
File: smug lillie.png (135KB, 295x304px) Image search: [Google]
smug lillie.png
135KB, 295x304px
>>32832685
>>32832934
>mfw some shmuck tried to Bullet Seed my Eviolite Doublade and did maybe 18 damage in total
>didn't even flinch it if it was holding a King's Rock
>>
>>32844599
it's not a firm ruleset yet, but it could be patched in doe to positive fan response. My gripe is that non Alolan pokemon aren't sized in Sun/Moon naturally, which might play into them not respecting it as a serious format. It's also not particularly balanced, but people are enjoying ti for the novelty.

If you like it, tweet back to Nintendo or facebook them
>>
>>32844471
Post the rest.
I love watching peoples' battles.
>>
Only done the mandatory 3 battle so far since I just finished the team 2 hours ago and wanted to test it. Lost the first one (for some reason, I always lose the first one), but this time it was because I was rushed and did a stupid mistake, ended up with Wash Rotom against Gastrodon, to which it can't do shit. Won the other 2 though.
I'll probably do more battles later today.
>>
>>32844677
r8 my shitty battle

78BW-WWWW-WWW7-GREC
>>
>>32844677
Alright. Missing one due to that disconnect, but here are the others. R8/H8:
EY5W-WWWW-WWW7-GRBF
Pretty average one here. Ended up beating his Flareon with my own.

NJVG-WWWW-WWW7-GRBC
They had a Kartana in the team preview, so I ended up cucking myself by trying to keep my Espeon alive. Also didn't know that the game doesn't actually tell you Z-Conversion boosts your stats; I knew it did, yet no confirmation mixed me up.

ME9W-WWWW-WWW7-GRB8
>tfw you try to donk but end up cucking yourself
Felt good OHKO'ing that Porygon after the last battle.

SNRW-WWWW-WWW7-GRB5
>using Bullet Seed on Doublade
>>
>>32844456
>Follow Me
>>
>>32844599
You can download the rules for link battles, but not for Battle Spot, sadly.
>>
>>32845042
How?
>>
>>32845090
https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/downloadrules.shtml

The page is outdated, but you only need to know how to download them anyway; they're in the game.
>>
how's everyone fairing rating wise?

I always have this issue where I can only accurately predict the picks or the moves in battle.

if I play against a westerner I can easily predict what they're going to use, but they protect, switch or attack a different one of my mons than I predicted.

if I play against a nip I can easily predict when and where they'll protect, when and who they're going to attack, but I never guess their picks right so I end up at a loss for coverage

this is the first competition I've bothered entering but still.

>t.sub 1500 shitter

1497 after 12 battles
>>
>>32842952
funny I went against so many in showdown I tailored my excadrill and chandelure specifically to shut it down, but right after I got everything put together I never met another team on showdown and I haven't met a single one on cart.
>>
File: comfy.png (287KB, 448x487px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
287KB, 448x487px
>>32844836
Might as well share the team I'm using:
Comfey @ Big Root
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpA
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Synthesis
- Floral Healing
- Calm Mind

Espeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Facade
- Will-O-Wisp

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Brave Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixelate
EVs: Can't tell since it's been forever, but it's split equally between SpA and SpD, followed by slightly less HP, and then a tiny amount of Def.
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Moonblast

Eevee @ Eevium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trump Card
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass
- Last Resort

For the most part, I've been using Doublade and Espeon as leads with Comfey and Flareon in the reserves. Doublade is pretty tanky and can either hit hard at the start or boost with Swords Dance. Espeon is there to theoretically outspeed non-scarf Kartana and meme on it with HP Fighting as well as blowing up mons like Toxapex and Alolan Marowak with its other moves. Comfey usually comes in after Espeon dies, where it can work on boosting itself, priority kissing others, and healing Doublade. Flareon kind of just exists, yet it hits pretty damn hard after it poisons itself; I recall deleting someone's Alolan Muk with a crit Facade in one of the previous replays.

>>32844819
7/10 glad to see another comfey user
>>
>tfw unsure if I want to blow all my PP Up and MAX on my moves with 10PP
>>
Anyone seeing a lot of Amoonguss?
>>
>>32845772
rage powder and spore + regenerator, yeah I'm facing a lot of them too
thankfully overcoat Escavalier is a good answer
>>
I though the limit of battle was 15 per day? I'm at 10 and literally can't find anymore opponents, does the game tells you?
>>
>>32845772
First time playing doubles?

>>32845875
It tells you, might just be harder to find a game at the end of the day
>>
Well, I finally started battling, and got a few fights out of the way. First fight got kind of stall-ish but I won. Fourth was a win too, but my opponent was acting a bit gimmicky. He started with a Primeape and a Bruxish holding Bright Powder, and had his Bruxish use Frost Breath on the Primeape, presumably to activate Anger Point. Unfortunately for him, the attack missed, but I thought that was an interesting strategy.

Meanwhile, my second and third fights saw my team get completely destroyed, mostly because both of those opponents had Excadrills and I had no answer for that. Likewise, the fifth was a wash, largely because I didn't know how Lightning Rod worked, so the opposing Alolan Marowak ruined my plans. Sixth was bad too because the opposing Amoonguss spammed Spore and put all my Pokemon to sleep (except Komala, but she couldn't really do anything anyway).

>>32845772
Not really. I've only seen the one I mentioned above.

>>32845875
I'm pretty sure if you can't find opponents, that's just bad luck, and doesn't mean you've hit the limit.
>>
File: 1497978834170.gif (2MB, 436x376px) Image search: [Google]
1497978834170.gif
2MB, 436x376px
>mfw I'm trying to make a team to counter the same team that I'm building

btw, what is the best item for Sand Rush day Lycanroc? I'm put an Hippopotas for the sandstorm.
>>
File: 1425800083174.png (690KB, 900x914px) Image search: [Google]
1425800083174.png
690KB, 900x914px
>>32845450
Some more replays, though they aren't as good as the others:

64QW-WWWW-WWW7-GT36
One of the few victories this batch.

PQLG-WWWW-WWW7-GT44
I have come to realize that my Espeon is THE Porygon-Z destroyer.

YUHW-WWWW-WWW7-GT4D
A really good game against a 1600+ player from Italy, but I ended up throwing it all away when I didn't Calm Mind after being released from Sky Drop.

TN2G-WWWW-WWW7-GT4S
This one was absolutely cancerous with the para hax. Every single one ended up getting paralyzed through either Nuzzle or Discharge, and I think it ended up costing me the game.

I'd post more but you can only post 10 videos at any time. I guess I'll take down some of the worse replays tomorrow to make room for more. Going on vacation tomorrow, though, so odds are these will be my only battles for the tournament.

>>32845875
You're right, the limit is 15. You're just getting bad luck with finding an opponent.
>>
File: 49362454_p0.jpg (248KB, 800x716px) Image search: [Google]
49362454_p0.jpg
248KB, 800x716px
Just ran into a guy using a copy of Sejun Park's Pachirisu. That was interesting.
Sadly, he beat me, but that was because of his Excadrill more than anything.
>>
Won my first match! Gonna at least keep going until I get the 3 game minimum before I do some more dishes.
>>
>>32845926
>>32846067
Goshdarn Excadrill, it gives me trouble too, but I should have brought mine to deal with Muk, I didn't even considered
>>32846100
Congrats anon, but I recommend doing more than 3, you have to show up at the rankings to get the prize.
>>
>>32845357
What level are you at? I'm just behind 1600 and it's been prevalent above and below that rank.
>>
>Got my team ready and registered.
>Using a Extreme Evoboost team with Psych Up and Clefairy Support.
>First Battle. Select Z-move on Eevee
>Don't see Extreme Evolboost. Confused af.
>Check item
>Normalium Z
>Quill me now
>>
>>32846135
Good
>>
File: 1478559542087.png (608KB, 569x799px) Image search: [Google]
1478559542087.png
608KB, 569x799px
>>32846135
>ruining the one thing that makes the team function
You had one job
>>
>>32846135
just meme on them with adaptability breakneck blitz
>>
>>32846114
Yeah, every time I see an Excadrill in the team preview (which is surprisingly often), I know I'm in trouble. Its stabs beat 4/6 of my Pokemon, and the only super-effective move I have against it is Flamethrower on my Chandelure. But obviously, using a Chandelure against an Excadrill is a bad idea.
It's making me wonder if I should've given my Chandelure a Focus Sash, just so he can survive the first hit and have a chance to retaliate.
>>
>>32846135
That side quest was sad as shit.
>>
>>32846193
What is the item? I gave mine Chandy a focus sash, I planned to use the ghost reducing berry before to meme Mimikyu, but the sash was the better choice
>>
>Thought opponent wouldn't be able to resist the Leaf Blade on Wishiwashi, so I protected while Aromatisse tried to set up TR
>He actually double-teamed Aromatisse and prevented TR
>Proceed to get out-donked every round in the match, only KOing Kartana
That one hurt.
>>
>>32846225
Life Orb. I get the feeling it was a bad choice, considering Chandelure's Special Attack is already so high, but I couldn't decide what else to use.
How helpful has your sash been? Has it turned the tide of any fights, or not really done much for you?
>>
>>32846318
It was useful to survive an Excadrill earthquake to kill it with flamethrower. Honestly a choice scarf would probably been better, but I also have a trick room setter, so I didn't wanted to be too fast
>>
File: Escavalier.jpg (122KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Escavalier.jpg
122KB, 500x700px
Here are my battle videos for this session. Might do some more games a bit later, but I don't wanna wear myself out now/get addicted when I still have stuff to do.

>39AG-WWWW-WWW7-GTUJ
She just couldn't handle Heal Pulse support. She also brought a Toxapex to a Doubles match, so...

>E62G-WWWW-WWW7-GTUE
Definitely an interesting team. But Infiltrator Chandelure gave no fucks about Klefki whatsoever, and I made some good predictions.

>VZHG-WWWW-WWW7-GTUC
1. That move I was really agonizing over choosing? It worked.
2. Fuck Minimize.

>U57W-WWWW-WWW7-GTU8
Got out-donked HARD. Felt like I was in the Battle Tower.

>CWPW-WWWW-WWW7-GTU2
Cincinno is mega cute (if it had a King's Rock, I got lucky). Also, Pixilate Hyper Beam hurts.

>GPDW-WWWW-WWW7-GTTV
Had a perfect first turn, but it went down to 1v1 in the end. Solid battle, cool team.
>>
>Mold Breaker Excadrill
Adamant or Jolly?
>>
>>32846884
Jolly so you don't get outsped by Timid Chandelure.
>>
>>32846912
Does a -Spd nature Chandelure with 0 Speed IV still outspeed uninvested Muk/Marowak?
>>
>>32846933
Nope. -Spe + 0 IV Chandelure reaches 76 speed, while Marowak and Muk reach 65 and 70 respectively, with a neutral nature and 31 IVs on speed.
>>
>>32846952
Good. So if TR isn't up, I can get a hit on them, potentially KOing Alolawak.
>>
I'm using a fun team to break up the monotony. It's a TR team: Carbink, Chimecho, Wormadam, Magcargo, Unown, and Amoonguss.

I've won more than you think. I even managed to beat some highly competitive teams with Kartana. 8 wins and 7 losses.
>>
i jumped through your damn hoops
i played the 3 matches

where are my mega stones
>>
>>32847321
your code shows up in a week or so. PGL. well done.
>>
>>32847321
Is this your first time?
You have to wait until the competitions ends and then, wait who knows how much until they give the code.
>>
>>32847327
>>32847328
nope i didn't know

jesus
>>
Focus Sash or Life Orb for Mold Breaker Excadrill?
>>
Will someone be making a new thread when this one dies?
>>
>>32847425
What are you worried about outspeeding and killing it?
>>
>>32847432
I can tell you right now a scarfed chandelure can, same applies to origami-ga
>>
>>32847453
I've run into a few Chandelures, but I don't think they were scarfed. A number of them were under TR though, so it's hard to tell. Also my team is slow as balls.
>>
>>32847427
probably considering this is only day 1 of the tourney
>>
>>32847491
the one chandelure I ran into got btfo by shadow sneak and shadow ball on turn 1

on the flip side, i've seen a ton of porygon2 and porygon-z
>>
>>32847519
I thought yesterday was day 1?
>>32847529
Well, in my 6 games so far I saw 3 P2s I think, but only one actually brought it into battle. Teams have been very varied for me so far. Only saw one Excadrill but he didn't bring it. Mimikyu and Chandelure might actually be the most I've seen.
>>
>>32847556
Yeah, yesterday and most of today was the first day. Currently we're on the second day that started an hour and 45 minutes ago.
>>
>>32847585
I might not get to do too many more battles, then. I work tomorrow from 1pm-9pm central, which is a very awkward time.
>>
>>32846576
I apologize in advance for the ignorance but how can I see these videos?
>>
>>32848041
Go to the Festival Plaza and connect to the internet. Then enter your castle and interact with the PC on the right side of the entrance. There'll be an option to view Battle Videos there. It should be pretty self-explanatory at that point. You'll search for a video by typing in a 16-character code like the ones in the post you linked. Then you can watch the video.

I'm not sure if it's affected by whether or not you have battle animations turned on or not. It might be.
>>
New thread:

>>32848196
>>
Oh my... I lost count but I think I've done 18 battles, and lost 5, so 13 wins. Still, I feel depressed as fuck.
I'm stuck around the 1600 mark. I was doing really well actually, winning several in a row, then lost one, the following one too because I couldn't focus after the previous loss, then kept winning and losing alternately until I finally stopped after winning one last match. Kinda weird that one, it was against a guy with more than 1660 points. I thought I was going to lose again, as I lost the previous one, but I actually won, so yeah, there's that. Made me stop for today.
I had some serious tough matches I managed to win, but most of my wins are against weaker teams or inexperienced players, whevener I face something unexpected or that I'm not familiar with, I get fucked cause I don't know how to adapt (Z-Splash Mimikyu, Kecleon, Dual Screens Meowstic).
Other times, I just rush and forget things. There was this one match where I only had Dugtrio with 1 HP, the other guy had Kartana with low HP (in the red I believe) and a Pikachu. I thought "Okay, I'm faster, I think I can win this one after all. But maybe I should Protect just to see what he does. Nah, fuck it, I'm faster". Result: Fuckin' Fake Out from Pikachu, game over. I got beaten my a fuckin' Pikachu because I just can't wait a bit and think.
I shouldn't be so mad about this because I mainly enter these competitions to get the stones but I'm getting more and more interested in competitive playing so I like to try and see how far I can get. And I have much more wins than losses but I still feel like shit because I like Pokémon for almost 18 years and know a lot of shit about it from various aspects of the franchise and it fuckin' bugs me that I'm not better at competitive when I feel like I should be.
>>
>>32848344
Don't worry, you're doing pretty darn well. In the competition before the last one, I had a great W/L ratio going into the final day, something like 15 wins and 2 losses iirc, but then I felt like I wanted to play a bit more before it ended. Lost three matches in a row before the shutdown, destroying my score.

So, either keep playing to get more practice regardless of wins or losses, or quit while you're ahead and keep the score you're at if you're trying to do well. I learned my lesson...
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.