[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Type reboot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: showme.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
showme.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Gamefreak calls you up.

"Oy, Anon-sama, we're rebooting Pokemon. We want to hire you to rewrite all the types and their strengths and weaknesses."

How does it go?

I'm not sure about resistances and super effectiveness, but I would combine ground and rock into earth, push ice into water (maybe give 'ice' pokemon an ability that allows them to be SE to plant), push ghost into dark, combine normal and fighting, and remove bug and dragon and fairy and steel for a start.
>>
horribly
>>
>>32826732
'you do the busy work instead, and I'll work on the game because you're fucking retarded. Sit down'
>>
>>32826732
I'd just streamline the type system to make it easier on the eyes. Like I'd use the four classical elements system of fire, water, air, and earth, and break them down into subcategories which would include shit like, say, electric, ice, flying, and rock, respectively. There would be a fifth element known as quintessence or whatever for shit like fighting, normal, magic (added), and esper (like the JP version) types to fall under. We'd get shit like a proper wind type that won't necessarily need to be airborne out of this system. It'd be a wind type which would fall under the parent category "Air" or whatever.
>>
>>32826926
>magic
That's not new, that's a renamed Fairy. ...But no seriously, fairy is supposed to be magic.
>>
>>32827013
Yeah I thought about noting that, but it looked cluttered so I left that bit out.
>>
>>32826732
Everything is the same, but
>Grass is divided into sub types (still gets STAB on all grass moves each and the same offensively), leaf and wood.
>Leaf resists fighting, but is weak to Dark
>Wood resists Normal and Rock, neutral to bug, but is weak to fighting.
>Water is now weak to Poison, and resisted by Poison and Ice (inb4 Muh Specific Heat)
>Poison moves become common to Fire types like how Water types have Ice Beam
>Psychic and Ghost are now resistant to Fairy and Super Effective on it
>Fairy is no longer Resistant to bug
>New type call Calorie type to give to foodmons, Snorlax, and Lickilicky (both Normal/Calorie)
>Calorie Resists Fire, Ice, Electric, and Poison
>Weak to Fighting (exercise), Dark (Eating and diet cheating), and Ground (Fat people falling over)
>Super Effective on Flying, Dark, and Fairy
>Resisted by Fire, Grass, Ground, and Rock
>>
File: 39b.jpg (26KB, 418x314px) Image search: [Google]
39b.jpg
26KB, 418x314px
Here's my attempt:

>no change
Fire
Water
Ice
Electric
Fighting
Poison
Dragon

>renamed
Normal -> Beast
Grass -> Plant
Steel -> Metal

>combined and renamed
Rock/Ground -> Earth
Ghost/Dark -> Demon
Psychic/Fairy -> Magic
>>
>>32827898
Psychic being Magic is dumb (But makes sense for Fairy). Psychic is more closely associated with Physics bending (like Gravity and Trick Room) or brain powers (like it's fear weaknesses or Kineses). Definitely not magic. Magic Room should be Fairy type tho.
>>
>>32826926
>esper (like the JP version)

Fuck you and fuck everyone who refers to people with psychic powers as espers. If the power isn't about perceiving something, it's not fucking ESP.
>>
>>32826732
Add Bullet, Sound and Light type
>>
>>32828301
it's almost as if different languages have different meanings for words
who knew
>>
File: YNc1Hjx.png (10KB, 676x158px) Image search: [Google]
YNc1Hjx.png
10KB, 676x158px
Divide them in schools
>>
New type: Fish

Immune to water. Weak to fire, poison, and flying. Hits Bug and Grass for SE.
>>
>>32828497
Yes, and this is English, not Japanese, so it should not be called Esper type in America.

Thank you for proving his point.
>>
Make ice super effective to water. And electric not very effective against ice.

Normal super effective to fairy.
>>
>>32827898
Not bad. I'd call the combined Ghost/Dark type Shadow, though. Very few seem like they'd fit into a "Demon" type.
>>
>>32826732
Same type chart as before except:
Ice now resists Ground, Fairy, and Dragon.
Fairy resists Dragon and isn't immune to it anymore.
Grass and Bug hit Fairy super effectively.
>>
>>32827274
Jesus Christ.

>>32827898
Respectable.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.