[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What'd you think of Pokemon Prism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: prism.jpg (405KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
prism.jpg
405KB, 640x640px
What'd you think of Pokemon Prism?
>>
>>32820632
It was alright.

Plenty of fun early on, but the late game felt liked a drag. Found a random shiny Trapinch, so that was nice.
>>
>>32820632
I have the game installed on my 3DS, but so far haven't made progress. Still at the first cave after obtaining Larvitar.

The game is good, but not good enough for me to binge play.
>>
>>32820632
It's the best romhack out there, but that really isn't saying a lot.
>>
>>32820632
One of the best hacks ever and I'm still mad over the C&D. I waited the full 8 years.
>>
>>32821155
>and I'm still mad over the C&D.
That was totally their fault tho, they made a huge deal over at twitch and expected not to get C&D?, the only reason there wasn't any case of C&D for pokemon mods was because no other group had made such a ruckus and put a big target on their heads.
>>
>>32822185

Seconding this, you'd think that the fiascos involving that Medtroid fangame and A Fox In Space would've made them shut their traps.
>>
How complete is it?
>>
>>32820632
As far as romhacks go, it's actually quite good. The guy who made it really pushed the limitations of the G/S/C engine.

That said, like going back to any old game after playing the recent entries, it is a somewhat tedious experience. I hope he does a Gen 3 romhack next.
>>
>>32822551
He cant make anymore Pokemon hacks. He wanted to move on anyway.
>>
>>32820632
It was good. Except for the new types and having Larvitar as the only starter.
>>
>>32822185
This.
Adam himself even said his main mistake was advertising it on YT beforehand.
The Twitch thing also didn't help but he never would have 'finished' the game without the devs of Twitch Plays Pokemon.
>>
>>32822541
60-70% I'd say.
The main story is complete but the postgame lacks a ton of shit.
>>
>>32822551
> like going back to any old game after playing the recent entries, it is a somewhat tedious experience

I honestly never had that feeling but that might be because I love gen II and used to play the shit out of it back then.
Also no, he said even before the C&D that Prism will be his last romhack.
But he's working on his own game now which could potentially be his take on Pokemon.
>>
>>32820632
it should have been GBA based
>>
>>32823507
>but that might be because I love gen II
No, it just means you aren't a filthy casual. I bet that faggot thinks games "age", too.
>>
>>32823513
The GBA games are hideous.
>>
>>32823513
There are dozens of gen III hacks but basically no gen II ones so he wanted to make something else and basically paved the way for other gen II hacks since all of the tools he made are open-source.
>>
>>32820632
The 8th gym was great and a legit challenge.
>>
>>32823538
I just wish they would have put more efforts in the postgame gyms.
>>
>>32820632
When I played it, it ended at like second gym which was perhaps an hour in. I thought the dress up was a fun idea, but it was very basic. Guess it was ahead of its time.

Guessing from the thread it's actually playable now so I know what I'm spending this evening on. IIRC it was made by cbm too which is great because Rijon 2 was fun.
>>
>>32825040
It is and yeah, Rijon is actually in its entirety in the game.
Sadly there is no plot anymore once you get there since he never could finish the game.
>>
>>32825057
The Npcs in Castro Forest actually move the story forward a little bit more and gives an idea of the direction kbm wanted to go in. After that and Lance in the power plant it is dropped. I think you were supposed to work with him to finish the story. The rainbow devs will finish the post game but we will never know what kbm's original plans were.
>>
level design range from ok to bad
obnoxious puzzles
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.