[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Sinnoh Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: PokemonPlatinum.jpg (598KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonPlatinum.jpg
598KB, 2000x1000px
Started playing Pokémon Platinum for the first time last night, any advice? what should i expect?
>>
>>32820177

Don't trade that NPC Medicham for a Haunter unless you have another game and DS to trade with.
>>
It will be better than DP but without having played the precursor it won't trick you into thinking it's good. Expect a slower gen 3 but with a lot less interesting areas and a really annoying overworld. Also, the amount of new-at-the-time Pokémon is functionally about the same as Kalos, because most are hard-to-get trade evos or prevos that you won't take the time to breed for.

Mediocrity that some might enjoy, in other words.

(Cyrus' theme is GOAT tho)
>>
>>32820184
playing on emulator on phone, ill keep this in mind tho
>>
>>32820177
A bad maingame you need to trudge through before getting to anything good.
>>
Platinum is the best gen 4 game and my favorite after crystal.
Also don't trade with any NPC's besides the guy who offers the chatot in eterna city (but only if you really want it). And if you have another DS to trade with hh or ss, I highly reccomend catching a magmar as soon as you get surf and evolving it
Have fun!
>>
So basically this is one of the worst Pokémon game?

>>32820207 - I traded a Machop for an Abra, i plan on using Kadabra for now
>>
>>32820177
Without the ability to trade, your only real fire type options that aren't ass are Infernape and Houndoom. So if you didn't pick Infernape, prepare to be able to fit Houndoom onto the team.

You can get Gible from under the bike bridge as soon as you reach it, instead of requiring Strength like in DP.

There is an Eevee available in Hearthome City, if you need a solid Water, Electric, or Psychic type. Glaceon isn't a bad ice option in-game either, but the ice rock is too late game to reasonable use, better to just use Weavile or Froslass at that point.
>>
>>32820222
You'll get a variety of opinions on the game itself. Just give it a go and see what you think.
>>
>>32820222
Asking /vp/ their opinion on the game will always result in "0/10 worst game ever"

You're playing it as we speak, beat it, and decide for yourself if its great, ass, or inbetween.
>>
Current team btw, im at the windmill team galactic honey mission
>>
>>32820237
Just wanted to see some opinions as i play it. They wont change my point of view of the game tho
>>
>>32820240
The next gym is grass, your Kadabra will be able to handle her Roserade, but consider picking up a Flying or Bug type for her other two pokemon.
>>
>>32820197
Don't listen to tripfriends
>>
>>32820197
>less interesting areas
>than gen 3
>than the objectively worst gen
Wow a tiny dessert and a small ash pit and a grass section that was the only place of note.

Compared to a shitload of caves, underground maze, bog, better surf routes, actual improvements to gameplay than raping the breeding mechanic like gen 3 did ect ect
>>
>>32820184
>ruining one of the most memorable experiences in the franchise
You monster.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.