[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late to the party, I know, but that was disa-fucking-pointing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: lusamine fusion.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lusamine fusion.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Late to the party, I know, but that was disa-fucking-pointing. Not only was it not a full-on boss battle with Fusion Lusamine like the cinematic implied, Pokestar-style, just a normal trainer fight, it turns out that after all that buildup Lusamine is the worst Pokemon trainer who ever lived.

>Clefable used Metranome!
>Pain Split at full health
>Pain Split at full health AGAIN
>Baby-Doll Eyes twice against something she could blatantly OHKO

Did she get wild Pokemon AI to reflect the squid-Metroid-poison mental degeneration or something?
>>
Tru
>>
>>32819244
She actually did. Looking into her fight data from that one tool SciresM (I think) made, you can actually see that her trainer AI is at the absolute lowest setting.

Her mons might have perfect IVs, are EV trained, and have beneficial natures... but their nonexistent movepools and her braindead AI make the fight A joke.
>>
>>32819244
>>32819262
If it was higher, that could be probably one of the hardest fights in the Pokémon history. Really disappointing, but probably too much for a "kids game".
>>
>>32819286
I feel certain some kind of happy medium could have been reached where she wasn't a complete faceroll. The stat boosts weren't big enough that an even-level Mimikyu couldn't sweep through the entire team, even without regressing to RBY-tier move choices and AI.
>>
I can sort of see why they didn't make the encounter into a fight against Lusamine herself (even if she is half-Nihilego at that point, you'd still be having your Pokémon directly attack a human, which doesn't seem quite as family-friendly as the regular monster fights), but I do agree that a regular trainer battle with some stat boosts slapped on top is pretty boring. Personally, I'd have preferred it if they did something like this:

> Battle starts, Lusamine doesn't send out anything, but instead acts as though she's a Totem Pokémon (so give her some sort of stat boost aura)
> Not so sure about her stats, probably something like 109/53/103/127/131/47 (basically Nihilego with Defense and Speed swapped). Make her Rock/Poison with Pressure or something like that
> Lusamine is completely immune to any sort of attack, either because of some UB voodoo shit or because your Pokémon don't want to attack her
> She summons her Clefable at the end of the first turn
> The battle consists of you trying to defeat her team one by one, whilst also dealing with attacks coming from Lusamine herself
> Once her last Pokémon faints, the battle ends and the story proceeds as in the actual games

It's a bit rough around the edges, but it still lets you "fight" Lusamine whilst getting around the issues regarding directly attacking people with Pokémon.
>>
File: hyper beam.png (13KB, 349x261px) Image search: [Google]
hyper beam.png
13KB, 349x261px
>>32819506
>>
I thought it was a let-down that the Ultra Beasts weren't boss battles during the main story either. That first encounter with Nihilego at the foundation was such a cocktease.
Maybe the Ultra games will fix that, but I doubt it.
>>
>>32819506
fuck, this is a pretty good idea
>>
>>32819562
There should have been proper exploration of Ultra Space in general.
>>
>>32819244
she was champ
>>
>>32819506
2megaten5me anon.
>>
File: image.png (18KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18KB, 256x192px
>>32819612
Ultra Space is just part of the distortion world far from the center, DP remakes confirmed
>>
>>32819262
can you post the soruce to that? I want to see the fight datas
>>
>>32819658
I don´t think that dissortion world is UB world.
isn´t it also confirmed that Arceus is also a UB?
>>
>>32819658
No, because the Distortion World has no natural life. Giratina is only there because it was banished there.

>>32819746
Not at all.
>>
>>32819855
His appearance music changed to the ones from the ub´s anon didn´t it? I thought I heard or saw that somewhere.

But the only thing I can find is the same cry compared to nihilego
>>
>>32819506
This would've been cool as fuck

A different solution:
>Lusamine battles you as herself without fusing with Nihilego.
>Instead has a high level Nihilego on her team with a +1 in each stat
>After you beat her she gets pissed, fuses with Nihilego
>Tries to attack you
Everything plays out as it did in the actual game from there.
>>
>>32819262
How does the ai compare to her first battle when she's normal? Still dumb?
>>
Her whole story was kind of rushed, weirdly paced and anticlimatic - which is weird, considering that SM's big problem was too many cutscenes. It needed more of her and Guzma actually doing shit and less explaining obvious shit or having a character pop in, have a fight, then pop off again without having accomplished anything other than trash talk. Also some proper dungeons.

Maybe that's why they're doing an "alternative telling" instead of the expected sequel versions, so they can fix the obivously-rushed plot and pacing.
>>
>>32819506
It would have been cool if Nihilego spawned akin to Totem Pokemon minions to reflect the UB dimension
>>
Honestly all they had to do is have Lusamine act as her own 6th Pokemon, since she is missing one. You could use her unique model but Nihilego's stats, so the player wouldn't miss out on any unobtainable Pokemon.
>>
>>32819689
======
158 - Aether President Lusamine
======
Pokemon: 5
Clefable (Lv. 50) (Nature: Calm) (Moves: Moonblast/Cosmic Power/Metronome/Moonlight) IVs: 31/15/31/15/31/15 EVs: 252/0/0/0/252/0
Lilligant (Lv. 50) (Nature: Modest) (Moves: Petal Dance/Teeter Dance/Stun Spore/Leech Seed) IVs: 31/15/15/31/15/31 EVs: 0/0/0/252/0/252
Mismagius (Lv. 50) (Nature: Modest) (Moves: Shadow Ball/Mystical Fire/Power Gem/Pain Split) IVs: 31/15/15/31/15/31 EVs: 0/0/0/252/0/252
Milotic (Lv. 50) (Nature: Modest) (Moves: Hydro Pump/Safeguard/Flail/Recover) IVs: 31/15/15/31/15/31 EVs: 0/0/0/252/0/252
Bewear (Lv. 50) (Nature: Adamant) (Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes/Hammer Arm/Take Down/Pain Split) IVs: 31/31/31/15/15/15 EVs: 252/252/0/0/0/0

https://pastebin.com/vkaZNTra
>>
I don't even want to think about this game anymore, it's so disappointing and forgettable.

The only good thing to come out of this was the sweet battle theme.
>>
>>32823131
How can you tell what her ai was like from this?
>>
>>32819506
IMO it should just call the other UB to help.
>>
>>32819244
Because as BW2 and Gale of Darkness show, fighting things out of "epicness" is a fucking retarded idea in actual gameplay.

I'll let Metronome pass because she could get boosts or a strong move from it.

I always thought it spammed Pain Split for 2 reasons:
1)"lore" one, the Pokemon are constantly suffering with her
2)Considering Alolamons, and that you'd probably be underleveled, her mons would be slightly faster except for Bewear. It and Mismagius are the only ones with stat-reducing moves. You'd obviously take out a good 80% of Bewear's health the first turn it comes into play, so it uses Pain Split immediately.
>>
>>32823712
What BW2 shows is that normal Pokemon fights completely fail to work as climactic story battles. The problem wasn't fighting the legendary, the problem was that the legendary was just a high level Pokemon with good stats and not a full-on boss with the HP to actually last more than a turn.
>>
>>32819658
Ultra Space is its own dimension and has nothing to do with the distortion world.

>>32819746
Only Pokemon from Ultra Space are UBs
>>
>>32819244
>challenged by Aether president Lusamine
>Muahaha! Only a vote of no confidence from the board of directors can defeat me!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170621-170306.png (129KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170621-170306.png
129KB, 480x854px
THE NEW POKÉMON STARS GAME ON SWITCH IS SET IN CHINA, MARSHADOW IS LIKE KELDEO AND VOLCANION ANTICIPATE THE NEW GENERATION
>>
>>32825252
If you don't cut that shit out right now...
>>
File: image.png (908KB, 1601x927px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
908KB, 1601x927px
>>32819543
This man was knocked against the wall.
In today's western cartoons, that's enough to kill you.
>>
>>32825526
WHY DID THE GUY WITH NO FUCKING HAIR GET THE HAIR TRAVEL POWERS
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.