[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Devil Doge banished to BL Hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 229Houndoom_Mega_Dream[1].png (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
229Houndoom_Mega_Dream[1].png
80KB, 300x300px
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-sumo-uu-stage-2-countdown.3606088/page-4#post-7400433

>After unanimously deciding that some action needed to be taken to deal with sun teams, the council reviewed two main options: banning the ability Drought, and banning Houndoomite.

>Those who argued in favor of banning Houndoomite posited that sun was never an overwhelming playstyle before Houndoomite dropped to the tier, often being considered a subpar playstyle and receiving very little usage on the ladder or in tournaments. As Houndoomite was the staple element on the recent surge of Drought teams, and as Houndoom-Mega was the particularly problematic aspect with sun support, it was clear that Houndoomite was the issue.

>Some argued, however, that Drought itself was merely underexplored prior to Houndoomite's release, and that even without Houndoomite, Drought had the ability to become uncompetitive. Venusaur in particular was still a very effective sweeper under the sun even if it lacked the sheer power of Houndoom-Mega, and while Houndoomite was a big part of sun's recent success, they argued that sun still had the potential to be independently unhealthy for UU.

>A run-off vote was held, and the council ultimately decided in a 9-3 vote that banning Houndoomite was more in line with Smogon's tiering philosophy and was the best course of action. Therefore, Houndoomite is now banned from UnderUsed.

>tfw too good for UU but not good enough for OU
>>
Mega Houndoom was BL2 in gen 6. What the hell happened? It can't just be the sun. Was the mega speed buff that significant?
>>
>>32818151

Speed buff is pretty significant actually, it now gets instant base 115 Speed
>>
>>32818151
drought was banned in UU in gen 6
>>
File: the perfect pokemon.png (503KB, 619x350px) Image search: [Google]
the perfect pokemon.png
503KB, 619x350px
>>32818125
I know something that's already unhealthy
>>
>>32818176
Well fuck, I forgot about that.
>>
>>32818125
Good. Fuck that shit.
t. UU player
>>
>>32818176
>Without Sun, MHoundoom is shit
>Without MHoundoom, Sun is shit
Quite the conundrum.
>>
File: cancer frog.png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
cancer frog.png
10KB, 225x225px
>>32818182
*ice beams you*
*bops your """"""check"""""" with SE coverage*
heh.... nothing personnel... kid.
>>
File: 1410029318873.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1410029318873.png
563KB, 569x802px
>Houndoomite
>>
>>32818125
Oh shit, I haven't kept up with smogon this gen.

Does this mean I can use Mega Houndoom to beat up my casual friends? He's my favorite Mega. Who does he pair with, Torkoal/Venusaur?
>>
>>32818399
Someone actually got up onto the 1800s with a sun team in OU.
>>
>>32818434
High ladder OU is always filled with lots of meme teams
>>
>>32818399
>he
>>
>>32818434
Post the team
>>
I'm so proud of my bro for at least being good enough to be banned from something. ILU dude
>>
>>32818125

>decided in a 9-3 vote

12 people made this decision.
>>
>>32819211
you're one of the good ones, anon. Wish more people had your mindset
>>
>>32819332

Its needed. And unlike OU it isn't small enough so that the whole community feels ignored.
>>
>>32819332
That's pretty much the entire UU playerbase
>>
>He listens to a fansite made up of a bunch of sperglords telling himhow to play a game with made up rules
>He doesn't play the game anyway he wants to, following only the limitations of the cartridge itself
>He doesn't come up with the most broken and annoying movesets possible to stomp people in Battle Spot and tournaments

You people are pathetic
>>
>>32818125
>Fan metagame based on the idea to let every pokémon be viable

>The result is 1/5 of the dex getting banned into oblivion where they'll never be used

Also gotta love the post saying
>We didn't care about drought specially since players are unoriginal fucks
>Now that it started getting a spotlight and becoming relevant instead of adapting to the meta change we just kill it
>>
>>32818283
It's the same case with Conkeldur and M-Houndoom (just like an example) but well, we already know Smogon will never do anything to its favorite mon.
>>
>>32818125
>SuMo
Fuck off Smogon
>>
>>32819775
I like Smogon and want to play that way.
>>
>>32819775
>>32819810
Is this some sort of pasta?
>>
File: decidueye.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.png
145KB, 500x500px
>>32818125
That's one less shitmon that Decidueye has to worry about. Once again, Decidueye's high tier position in UU is secured.
>>
>>32820054
>high tier
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.