[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many /vp/ers actually still play pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 1478884603916.png (114KB, 583x322px) Image search: [Google]
1478884603916.png
114KB, 583x322px
Tell me what gen/version you're currently playing, why, and specify if you're emulating.
>>
>>32815368
I'm debating between playing Platinum or Moon right now, either way it'll be with a difficulty hack.

I've been wanting to play Platinum again for awhile, but at the same time, I want to get Umbra Moon in before USM hits and I never want to play SM again.
>>
>>32815368
Moon because its fun. I just caught necrozma
>>
I try, but I can't. If it isn't a new experience I can't force myself through it. Used to enjoy challenge runs but not anymore.
>>
genwun, red, because I have a problem, not emulating.
>>
File: out.jpg (42KB, 540x431px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
42KB, 540x431px
>>32815368
>/vp/ers
Started a White 2 hardmode nuzlocke recently, so far so good. This is only my second time playing a gen 5 game since release, so I'm still on a relatively fresh slate.
>>
File: 1484792955036.jpg (19KB, 537x297px) Image search: [Google]
1484792955036.jpg
19KB, 537x297px
>>32815407
Did I offend you with my incorrect nomenclature?
>>
>>32815368

Not playing any games currently, when Ultra Sun and Moon come out I will ignore them but I will happily download Silver on virtual console and enjoy me some of that goodness again.
>>
Still playing. I've been building a competitive team on Moon, and I'm trying to nuzlocke crystal.
>>
Took a bit of a break, recently got back into it.

Abandoned a Moon Nuzlocke after Hala's Crabrawler fucked my shit sideways

Beat a super strict White Nuzlocke that I've been trying to succeed in for over a year now

Trying my first Platinum Nuzlocke was we speak, training for the 3rd gym

All are on cart. Never emulated a Pokémon game.
>>
>>32815368
See, I have a pattern when it comes to Pokémon.

New game comes out, I beat that shit, then I complete the Pokédex, raise a flawless, perfectly trained dream team, then I drop it.

Then, when the next generation is announced, I pick up a Gen 1 game, and I beat one from each gen in order, without worrying about the Pokédex this time.

My mission is to enter every single final stage evolution into the Hall of Fame. Maybe two more gens and I'll have it. But with the recent announcement of Gen 8 on the Switch, I have more time than ever to complete all seven gens.

I just bought Yellow for Virtual Console last night, and I'm struggling to put together a team, cuz pretty much every Pokémon I have yet to use from Gen 1 are my least favorites.

Somebody help me? So far all I've committed to using is Raticate. The list of 'mons I have yet to beat the E4 with is pretty short, as follows;
>Arbok
>Wigglytuff
>Venomoth
>Golem
>Rapidash
>Farfetch'd
>Cloyster
>Hitmonchan
>Kangaskhan
>Seaking
>Mr. Mime
>Jynx
>Tauros
>Lapras
>Ditto
>Articuno
>Moltres
>Dragonite
>Mewtwo
>>
After I completed my Sun run I kinda stopped playing the game. But I always play pokemon, since that time i've played, Stadium 2, Platinum, Fire red Nuzlocke and Pokemon Reborn, together with Showdown. When USM comes out, i'll immediately buy it and play it. I can't wait more than 1.5 years for a new pokemon game so although I totally despise the 3ds after I got a switch, but it being the last title i ever buy for the handheld, its okay. I hope it will be like B2W2, with loads of new content/pokemon but I'm still fearing its gonna be an emerald without any battle facilities...
>>
>White 2
Wanted to replay it, use some mons I haven't used as much.

>Volt White
Heard good things about it, so I tried it. Pretty good so far.

>Red++
Easy to emulate on mobile, and a nice timewaster in public. Fixes a lot of Gen 1's flaws.

>Y
Not actually that bad of a game. Honedge is GOAT
>>
Moon because I'm hunting a shiny Salazzle.
>>
Platinum replay after 5 years
White 2 post game
Finished Sun recently finally after I played Moon when it leaked, nothing really to do in the post game

Wanna play Blaze Black/Volt White and replay XY, I only played it once.
>>
>>32815751
Lapras, Venomoth, and Kangaskhan are all ones I've had good times with.
>>
>>32815814
I've honestly been avoiding Lapras ONLY cuz I ALWAYS have a Water type by the time I get to Silph.

Venomoth I just don't like. I fucking HATE moths, they freak me out. But I'll have to use one eventually...

Kangaskhan is sweet but I plan on using one in my next Kalos run for that sweet sweet Mega.

I'll try and convince myself to use Venomoth, but eh. Lapras I'll finally treat myself to. Thanks anon.
>>
File: lugiahmm.png (96KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lugiahmm.png
96KB, 600x600px
The problem is you fuckers don't have friends that like it as much as you do. When there's five or six bros who are dyin' to throw a couple bucks down on some multis or put together a monotype tourney, the fun never ends.

BUT I've been a huge Pokémon fag my whole life, I'll probably never stop playing.
>>
>>32815839
I played Sun while a friend of mine played Moon, we played at the same times and battled every other day. We would hunt every pokemon in every patch of grass together and went trough the story together, and because sometimes we had to wait for eachother, we trained a lot of different pokemon and made different teams. I really a good time, so you're right, pokemon is more fun with friends. Glad I got a handful of them.
>>
>>32815368
I want to replay gen 5 but at the same time I don't want to lose my CGear skins other than that I'm not really playing.
>>
>>32815787
>Red++
Good fucking god dude, I just started playing this and it's everything I've ever wanted in a gen 1 romhack. Thanks for mentioning it.
>>
File: sabley.png (153KB, 342x594px) Image search: [Google]
sabley.png
153KB, 342x594px
>>32815860
>syncing games with a pal
>battle starters right when you get em
>battle between every badge like rivals
>that fucking first battle when you both become champion
>>
>>32815368
Been playing Moon, but only off and on. I got it on release and only just got through the Ghost trial. Not sure if I'll ever finish it to be honest.
>>
>>32815368
Emulating Pokemon: Gale of Darkness on Gamecube. Was liking it, but I kind of just stopped. Not a big fan of how the final area just has trainers with multiple shadow Pokemon to catch, it just feels annoying to try and catch each one. I even like the Pokemon variety more than Colosseum, I just don't enjoy the final part of the game as much.

>just give all three shadow legendary birds to the last boss because fuck you

>>32815839
These newer gens, I actually had more friends to play with than before thanks to online. But everyone got bored of Sun and Moon pretty quickly, myself included.
>>
>>32815368
Been playing a lot of Sun online. Despite RNG fuckery getting me consistently I've been having fun with it.

Got an Omega Ruby run going that I play a little of sometimes. Still have X and Y to run through as well. Debating if I want to keep going backwards and grab Black/White and Black/White 2, I hear they're pretty good but it'll be weird missing some of the new shit that was added and changed, like the Fairy type.

Also have a Super Mystery Dungeon run started. Haven't got too far into it yet but it's fun.

Looking to grab Ultra Sun when it comes out too. I have a good feeling about it.
>>
>>32815368
Omega ruby, only because ribbon autismo
>>
>>32815368
Not playing anything because my 3DS is in pieces. I'll replay XY or ORAS once it's been replaced.
>>
>>32815470
Yes you fucking newfag, lurk more
>>
File: battletree.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletree.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
>>32815368
I'm playing:

- Pokémon Silver on my old GBC (yes, I replaced the batteries), grinding at Mt.Silver to beat Red. Current team:
>Feraligatr lv.65
>Houndoom lv.60
>Sunflora lv.60
>Ampharos lv.60
>Donphan lv.60
>Skarmory lv.60
Actually, I think it's quite enough.

- Pokémon Sun on my N3DS, breeding and fighting at the Battle Tree. Do you have any suggestion for the Super Battles? Either Single, Double or Special.
>>
>>32817637

How do you get enjoyment playing the same thing over and over again? Don't you have any other hobbies or friends?
>>
>>32815368
took a break, but now im playing Sun with my neighbour some time.
>>
>>32815368
Im just playing Moon atm and i can't go more than half an hour without getting bored. The cutscenes are fucking cancer. I'm just before Mallow's trial with a Grimer, Gyarados and Magnemite.
It's the fourth time im replaying it and SM are fucking garbage, but im still doing it.

And i never bought a pokemon game b4, just... Citra, DeSmuME, VisualBoyAdvance and i can basically play any pokemon game on my pc, including the spinoffs on Wii and GC with Dolphin. For online i just play on Showdown.
>>
>>32817657
What thing over and over again? Sun is my first playthrough, Silver is my second since 2001, the year it came out where I live. I'm playing it again because the batteries died and I lost my original save. If I knew it would came out on N3DS VC I might have waited.

Oh, I have hobbies (I play in a band and I do trekking) and friends :3
>>
I've been trying to force myself through a randomized FR nuzlocke, but I keep getting awful luck and finding trainers with Starmie or Jirachi before the first gym and lose.
>>
File: 1497747537189.jpg (99KB, 815x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497747537189.jpg
99KB, 815x1024px
>>32815368
Playing Sun currently. Restarted it several months ago, regretted it because of CUTSCENES CUTSCENES CUTSCENES. Finally got around to trudging through it these past few days. Now working on the Post-Game with Looker, and then after that I'll be back to breeding and training competitive mons for the Battle Tree.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.