[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh yeah.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: SAving.jpg (131KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
SAving.jpg
131KB, 800x571px
Oh yeah.
>>
>>32814985
LOL
>>
>>32814985
Only '06 kids will remember.
>>
>>32814985
The insect-infested cherry on top of the shitheap that was gen 4.
>>
ONLY 90'S KIDS WILL REMEMBER
>>
>>32814985
Original dp were too slow. I never beat the games.
>>
>honey tree
>>
>>32815006
Or '10 kids who played the only good gen 4 game.
>>
File: 1497222475751.png (65KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497222475751.png
65KB, 554x400px
>>32814985
>D/P remake in 2019
>'Saving a lot of data' returns
>b-but it's a D/P remake, not a Platinum remake
>>
>>32814985
DP were the biggest disappointment in pokémon for me.
I literally couldn't sleep in the last days due to how hyped I were and at the time I still didn't follow the spoilers.

>why is everything so mind numbing slow
>why are attack animations grainy and worse looking than gen3
>why is Barry so obnoxious
>saving a lot of data after you play for 10 minutes

I'd really like to take a look at the code and see what the fuck they did there because a mostly pixely RPG has no right to be so slow even on 3DS.
>>
>>32815665
*DS
>>
>>32815100
>tfw beat the game but at the price of never wanting to re-experience Diamond again
Every replay manages to feel worse.
>>
>>32815222
Surprisingly, 3DS saves too fast.
I am worried about Switch, since the save data goes directly to the flash memory.
>>
Gen 4 save times are shit because the read/write speed of DS cartridges is shit.

Play them on a flashcart. Saving is instant, because the R/W of a micro-SD card is hundreds of times better.

Granted, yes, they improved it in Platinum onwards, but it was still pretty slow and we have the hardware to blame for that.
>>
>>32815665
Gamefreak initially designed the games to run at 60FPS, but they made the maps too big which caused ridiculous lag in the overworld, so they added a 30FPS frame rate limit to smooth it out. Unfortunately they didn't bother fixing the battle and text animations so they all run at half the speed they should. You can change two bytes in the ROM to remove the frame rate limit and see all this for yourself; battles will be much better, but anywhere with too many 3D objects will be horrible.
>>
>SM is slower than previous entries
>no one complains
>DP is slower than previous entries
>everyone keeps complaining about it
>>
>>32816407
SM's save speed is maybe 1 second, possibly 1.5.
I have a very distinct memory of doing laundry while saving a lot of data on Diamond, I started the save, put the clothes in the dryer, then went up 2 flights of stairs and it had only just then finished saving. It doesn't help that you need to "Save a lot of data" even after moving a single Pokemon in the PC box. II didn't do much online battling back then but I can only imagine it was a fucking travesty trying to do things in a timely order when you have to wait almost 3 minutes just to fucking save.
>>
>>32816414
He wasn't talking about saving but the game speed overall
>>
>>32816419
The battle speed is the same as XY which is slower than gen V but still way faster and more acceptable than the other games.

The movement speed is proportional to the maps and it doesn't feel a slog at all, same for Tauros.

Gates are better hidden than ORAS for the detail and size the maps have.

The only technical problem with SM is the 3DS shitting itself and having framedrops. Other than that it's relatively stable.
>>
>>32816657
>The only technical problem with SM is the 3DS shitting itself and having framedrops
This slows multi battles down to a crawl, it's a pretty major issue that makes battles in SM considerably slower than XY. There's also the massive delay between selecting a move and the move actually being executed, which makes it the slowest 3DS game by far. Seriously, go back to XY for a few battles, it's noticeably faster.
Technical issues with the console being shit are also what slowed down gen IV, but if Gamefreak had actually developed their games properly that wouldn't be an issue.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.