[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else misses the Gen V Weather Wars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: perma-weather.png (97KB, 880x485px) Image search: [Google]
perma-weather.png
97KB, 880x485px
We can all agree that the weather wars of Gen V was the peak of competitive battling. No stupid Z-moves, Tapu F****ers, and no Landorus. Stall was getting raped by Rain teams and poses little threat. Landorus T was complete shit because of Hail and Rain teams. Awh, what good times. If only we can go back there.
>>
TRICK ROOM IS A WEATHER
>>
>>32807409
I mean, the concensus is generally for gen IV post chomp ban.
Weather wars were bitched about MORE than any of the new mechanics.

But it did have its charms.
>>
>>32807409
From all that retarded shit you just said I take it you didn't actually play gen 5 competitively.
>>
File: 1497820552687.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1497820552687.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
>>32807465

Prove me wrong though!? Rain & Sand teams were the gold standard. You had to have two mons just to counter a team. Fire & Hail where niche teams that could neutralize the game . Stall could barely get a foot after the start of Gen V. Plus, Landorus-T was the weakest form back then. That's why they had to nerf weather.
>>
>>32807409
>Tapu F****ers
>he STILL thinks the tapus are overpowered
>>
>>32807531
>Landorus T was complete shit because of Hail and Rain teams.
>literally A+ rank
>>
current day BW meta is pretty boring. pretty much just sand balance or balls out offense
>>
>>32807531
>Hail
>All your mons get hit by hail unless you make an ice team
please post if you played the game
>>
>>32807531
>sand teams
>not sun
venusaur was a pain
>>
>>32807409
But gen 4 was the peak. Even though it consisted of a lot of Dragons, it was probably the most balanced meta. Gen 5 OU was a stupid kind of fun tho. Gen 5 UU was the tits, and the GOAT of that generations meta.
>>
Sun teams > all, a venusaur with 2 growths in the sun can sweep an entire team with no probs (im talking in OU) , VGC was fun in that day, I loved the terrakion + weavile beat up combo.
>>
>>32807531
Rain stall was a thing, anon. Have you heard of tentacruel? It wasn't as common as offense, but it was there.
>>
>>32807409
Hell no. Gen 6 nerfing weather (and other fixes like Steel and crits) is probably the most under appreciated change. Gen 5's meta is honestly the worst meta simply because of weather wars. On top of that, Gen 5 also introduced Prankster, Regen, Volt Switch, and Scald (which were their most cancerous in Gen 5)
>>
>>32807409
>Landorus T was complete shit because of Hail and Rain teams.

Bait
>>
>>32809114
This guy gets it.
>>
>weather extenders now make weather permanent again
This should do the trick.
>>
>>32807531
>You had to have two mons just to counter a team
You say that like it's a good thing. The entire Meta Game was centered around removing the weather. If you didn't have a weather setter (or they fainted), you were forced to fight powered-up Pokemon with increased offenses, speed, defenses to some types, 100% accurate/instant moves that hit hard, and some forms of double healing. There was little to no verity in team building, almost no skill, pretty much no fun.
>>
The best meta was Gen 5 Battle Spot Triples
>>
>>32807531
>Plus, Landorus-T was the weakest form back then

It still is
>>
>>32810207
Good thing Gen 6 didn't introduce any more power creep or make the type chart even more unbalanced ;^)
>>
>>32807409
Fuck no, as bad as this meta is, weather wars were absolute cancer.

Gen 4 during Pt/HGSS was the peak. Once Mence and Latis were gone, it was by far the most balanced meta of all with the most variety of playstyles. You could run obscure shit like Hail Stall and Gravity and still have a chance in the ladder, and matchup-based 6-0's were practically non-existent.

Plus it helped that if you were into Wifi, you didn't even have to grind to Level 100 because the online automatically did it for you.
>>
I do. I miss being able to run Hail properly. All other weathers are still usable, Hail is deader than ever before nowadays. I hate it. At least Hail could be used as anti-weather back then.
>>
>>32810320
At least you didn't need a Mega to beat a team with a Mega and Smogon wasn't shit with their bans.
In Gen 5, not having weather setter and a trapper means you're fucked royally. And for what ever reason, Smogon decided that Drizzle+SwiftSwim was a decent ban instead of outright banning Drizzle.
And it wasn't till Gen 7 where Fairies started screwing with OU as Tapus and The iron Fairies came in.
>>
>>32810299
>There was little to no verity in team building, almost no skill, pretty much no fun.
Not saying he's right, but that sounds like competitive Pokemon in a nutshell.
>>
gen 4 and 6 had the best meta
gen 2 and 5 the worst
>>
File: gsc_chess.png (225KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
gsc_chess.png
225KB, 600x357px
>>32810470
>he thinks Gen 6 was good
>he doesn't appreciate GSC OU, the Chess of Pokemon
>>
>>32807409
>Who else misses the Gen V Weather Wars
I do
>We can all agree that the weather wars of Gen V was the peak of competitive battling.
Absolutely not
>>
>>32810502
>GSC OU

"ensure curselax is your last 'mon, the meta"

how engaging and varied
>>
>>32810470
shit taste, now objective taste
>Tier 1
Post-chomp DPP OU
>Tier 2
GSC OU
>Tier 3
ADV OU
>Tier 4
Classic RBY OU (can tell about the ''revisioned RBY'')
BW2 OU
XY OU
>Tier 5
ORAS OU
SM OU
>>
>>32810569
I can tell you get all your information regarding competitive from /vp/
>>
>>32810584
I've played since Netbattle days and just stopped with ORAS newfag.
>>
>>32810597
quite the riveting tale there, chap
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.