[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS got all the legends from gen 2-5 in the post game. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2999701-mythical.jpg (68KB, 602x429px) Image search: [Google]
2999701-mythical.jpg
68KB, 602x429px
ORAS got all the legends from gen 2-5 in the post game. What will be USUM's thing? Lets face it, they wont build big battle facilities or create more islands because of 3DS limitations and just a year of development. The "extra" of USUM could be all the mythicals. Recently they've been distributed but only for 6 gen games (and excluding gen 6 ones) so many of new fans and even some of old ones couldnt get them in time. Lets say we can catch em all now in USUM. What would be their locations?

>Gen 1: Mew - roaming on Poni Island
>Gen 2: Celebi - Malie Garden
>Gen 3: Jirachi - Hokulani Obseravatory, Deoxys was in ORAS so not counting it
>Gen 4: Manaphy - Seaward Cave, Darkrai - Po Town, Shaymin - UlaUla Meadow, Arceus - Mount Lanakila
>Gen 5: Victini - Exeggutor Island (Victini had its small island in BW so makes sense for me), Keldeo - Brooklet Hill, Meloetta - Iki Town (because thats where the festivals are and its a singer), Genesect - Aether Paradise Labs
>Gen 6: Diancie - Ten Carat Hill, Hoopa - Haina Desert, Volcanion - Wela Volcano Park
>Eventually Gen 7: Magearna in Lusamine's Mansion (she's a collector afterall), Marshadow - Poni Meadow

Your ideas?
>>
they had year of the Mythic last year, so don't count on it. Maybe they'll downgrade a mythic to legendary like they did with Deoxies but I wouldn't count on it
>>
Hopefully catchable story event shiny Celebi
>>
>>32807202
never ever
>>
>>32807210
They also had SM just few months ago. Also it would be far more attractive than few new z-moves and few more alola forms which will be their main selling point
>>
>>32807202
I expect USUM to have the regis once again to keep up the tradition of the regis being catchable in every generation.
But since ORAS decided to shove all the missing legendaries from XY into one game, I kinda hope they don't do it again, unless they have Alolan-Variants, or special abilities/moves.
>>
>>32807250
Xerneas and Yveltal are more likely
>>
>>32807202
>just a year of development
why dont people understand how development time works?
>>
>create more islands because of 3DS limitations

SM didn't take up the full 4GB cartridge it was printed on and there's still the 8GB they can spring for, which being the final 3DS games I could easily see them go for like how BW2 sprung for the largest, 512MB DS cart. With how the islands are split up, there aren't other technical issues with adding more either.

Not that I think that's happening. If I want to make any assumptions, I'll go with that /vp/ post from a few months ago that mentioned "USUM" having a new Frontier-esque set up "because that's the way to get a 10/10 from the core fanbase".

>>32807236
>a bunch of Pokemon that have existed for years and can already be traded for or injected in any of the existing games
>far more attractive than what are effectively brand new Pokemon which like ORAS Megas would only work in USUM until next gen

Nah.
>>
>>32807945
Yes im sure they were already working on an upgrade of SM when they were working on SM.

Yeah no. They barely finished SM, thats why it feels so empty.
>>
>>32807202
>because of 3DS limitations
You mean because they're lazy. There is no limitation preventing additional content.
>>
>>32807953
>>a bunch of Pokemon that have existed for years and can already be traded for or injected in any of the existing games
>>far more attractive than what are effectively brand new Pokemon which like ORAS Megas would only work in USUM until next gen

Doesnt change the fact that only new alola forms wont be enough to make the games attractive. SM had everything new. USUM will have only some new stuff thats why counting only on few new alola forms (they wont make more than lets say 20) is hardly a lot
>>
>>32807955
Or maybe it feels empty because of a mix of the engine is shit and purposely leaving hints cutting shit out for the already in development USUM.

>all the empty lots are for gyms that will be finished when USUM takes place a year later in an alternate universe

>>32807965
More attractive than a bunch of shit you can already easily get in the existing games.
>>
>>32807953
I dont think 8GB cartridges were everr used so far and you have to realize it would make a pain to download such a big game (bigger than 4GB that is). Then there's only 1 year between SM and USUM which doesnt give them much time to work on new things

And there's only so much you can do with the remaining 800MB of the cart (SM was 3.2GB)
>>
>>32807973
You are so naïve
>>
>>32807973
There wont be any gyms, the scene where Lycanroc jumps isclealy a totem appearnce

>More attractive than a bunch of shit you can already easily get in the existing games.
You still dont get it do you? ORAS had new megas but it also had shitton of legends, soaring. dexnav, secret bases etc. Just alola forms and few new z-moves isnt enough
>>
>>32807977
They haven't been used yet, but they're possible. I don't think they'll add enough to bump up to them with the likely amount of time they've spent on it, I'm just saying it's possible for them to use that big a cart if they want, there isn't some technical holdback. And download versions of modern console games take all night to download with how big they are, it's nothing too out there.

>>32807990
Nothing says they can't have you battle Totems without Trials, just like you can battle "Leaders" without Gyms. I'm just throwing ideas around for that proposition, anyways.

No shit it had all that shit, but that's not the implication the OP has. The way the OP sounds is none of that shit matters/they won't do it, let's have catchable Mythicals instead, that'll be marketable. Ignoring how most people didn't give a fuck about all the catchable Legendaries in ORAS because, whoa, none of it's actually new.
>>
>>32808012
>Ignoring how most people didn't give a fuck about all the catchable Legendaries in ORAS

Thats just wrong. People loved that, specially because most of them werent shiny locked and they were necessary if you wanted to have them with the pentagon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.