[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emerald Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: Faraway_Island_Mew_May.png (729KB, 800x402px) Image search: [Google]
Faraway_Island_Mew_May.png
729KB, 800x402px
Saw this official(?) art and now I want to play Emerald AKA the peak of the series.

Also, people who have cleared the Battle Frontier, as in, gotten all the gold marks, how hard was it and what teams did you use for each facility?
>>
Now I want to play Ranger.
>>
>>32806630
I'm still mad ORAS didn't have Emerald's new content. Fucking hell playing hide and seek with Mew in 3D would've been so fun.
>>
>>32807657
Agreed. But on the other hand, ORAS being one of the better Pokemon games to come out in years even without Emerald content speaks volumes of how good the Hoenn series truly is.
>>
File: frontier pass.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
frontier pass.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>32806630
Recently did an emerald playthrough aiming get all the gold symbols, ended up suspending it for when I have more time after getting 2 golds, pike and arena, and I got the silver for pyramid(lost on 10th streak, 5th floor, 2 floors away from gold). I bred/used Slaking, Starmie, Heracross, Metagross, Salamence, Latios.

Based on the 2.5 facilities I did, it's not really hard, but there's a lot of artificial difficulty with RNG and the AI hacking. Took me 98 attempts or around 40 hours for pike's gold alone. On the other hand, the arena was much easier, got the gold in my first 8 attempts.
>>
>>32808825
This
>>
>>32806630
Man, May was drawn really busty back then.
>>
>>32806630
I don't remember my team but I was able to clear and get the golden symbols for everything but the Pyramid (gave up after clearing it once). It wasn't that hard to be honest; the RNG wasn't as bad as, say, the Maison or Tree from the last couple gens.
>>
>>32808825
ORAS is still lightyears away from HGSS/B2W2. Having Wallace become champion after beating the league the first time, replacing Steven and being replaced by Juan, including Birth Island in the Delta Episode, having Navel Rock, Faraway Island, and the original Mirage Island as event-areas (Mirage Island could hold Jirachi), and introducing a modern version of Trainer Hill and the Hoenn Battle Frontier (as well as using the Emerald difficulty curve instead of the RS one) would have made ORAS part of what is considered "the best of the franchise". And the worst thing is, they could EASILY have done this seeing as everything I mentioned already exists. It would take them only mere weeks to add this into the games. And they still didn't do it.

I'm also mad Deoxys didn't get a Mega Evolution despite being retconned to being "the child of the Ultimate Weapon".
>>
>>32809809
Add Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon, and everyone would've been happy. But nooooo, instead we got more Pikachu shilling and a storyless Legendary catch-a-thon that nobody wanted.
>>
>>32809809
>ORAS is still lightyears away from HGSS/B2W2.
Fake News. ORAS is objectively better than both of them. HG/SS not only didn't fix the original Gen 2 broken level curve but made it even worse. But aside from that, it's just on Johto just can't compare to Hoenn. The Johto (and Kanto) region isn't as fun to explore, the music isn't as good, the Pokemon selection is fucking trash. As for B2W2, most normal people will concede that it's a mediocre game that is a marginal improvement over BW. If you examine the series, Gen 5 is where the series really started to go to shit with this "story driven" nonsense that has culminated so far with Sun/Moon being a walking and talking simulator. Of course, this is 4chan, so there are a few dozen shitposters on here that shill B2W2 daily so they don't feel bad that they're the only ones who like it. After all, in a game/console ratio, B2W2 is the least successful main series Pokemon game.
>>
File: hoenn_dex_by_blue_zap-d7km2e3.jpg (129KB, 775x1031px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn_dex_by_blue_zap-d7km2e3.jpg
129KB, 775x1031px
>>32806630
Good idea op, I wanna do the same thing

Here's all the pokemon I've never used in any of my runs.

Pick a team of 6 differents pokemon for me.
>>
>>32806630
May has big hands.
>>
>>32810112
Breloom, Shedinja, Manectric, Altaria, Solrock, Milotic (good luck by the way)/Walrein if you can't find one.
>>
File: HoennPokemon.jpg (118KB, 775x1031px) Image search: [Google]
HoennPokemon.jpg
118KB, 775x1031px
>>32810112
>>32810146
Shit posted the wrong version, I've already used Manetric, Breloom and the ninjask line before
>>
File: frontier pass.png (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
frontier pass.png
9KB, 240x160px
>>32806630
I used Medicham, Hitmonchan and Machamp. I only got the Silver Symbols though, but I challenge you to do the same with that party.
>>
>>32810169
Aggron/Crawdaunt/Claydol/Gulpin/Shiftry/Salamence
>>
>>32806630
Shit game
Shit lore
Shit generation
Shit remakes
>>
File: 0198-015-1.jpg (1MB, 1089x1038px) Image search: [Google]
0198-015-1.jpg
1MB, 1089x1038px
>>32806630
I have the gold on factory, piramid, dome, dojo I think, also silver on the rest.
My team is starmie,latios,metagross for sweep every facility but I switch metagross for skarmory on pike
Its not that hard eventually you got it but you need a lot of time and be ready to restart from the begining a battle away for the gold also make a badass reads
The most anoying pokemon to fight with are blissey,shuckle,meganium
Choose treecko for starter it can learn crunch dragonclaw leafblade thenderpunch all are special moves
>>
>>32810337
You have Shit taste
>>
File: 1486833568903.jpg (1023KB, 1500x551px) Image search: [Google]
1486833568903.jpg
1023KB, 1500x551px
Personally, I think Emerald May is worst May. Orange and green just don't go together. That said, she's still a top tier girl and Emerald is best game.
>>
>>32810169
How have you not used Ludicolo before?
>>
>>32810124
IT'S JUST THE GLOVES REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32806630
>>32810901
This art makes me feel nostalgic
>>
File: fug.jpg (224KB, 596x536px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
224KB, 596x536px
>>32806630

One of my most played games ever. Never got all of the golden symbols though
>>
>>32810027
>my opinion is objective fact: The post
Nice blog
>>
>>32810877
I'm not the one that thinks gen 3 is good
>>
>>32811885
Thanks for confirming again you have shit taste
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.