[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: p8rgp9584ztx[1].jpg (173KB, 771x528px) Image search: [Google]
p8rgp9584ztx[1].jpg
173KB, 771x528px
One of these threads again

Who here is getting a Switch? already has a Switch? doesn't give a shit about Switch?

Is there being a mainline pokemon game on the Switch make you more likely to get one?

How would you feel if Pokemon moved from 3DS to Switch after UltraSun and Moon?

Those who do have a Switch, did you own a Wii U beforehand?

And, I guess, what do you think could be done on a console Pokemon with there being more power to work with? at the very least we'd have stable framerate in horde battles, doubles and triples but I can't for the life of me figure out anything else
>>
Who here is getting a Switch? already has a Switch? doesn't give a shit about Switch?

I'm getting a switch next year.

Play splatoon 2 until Pokemon releases

Is there being a mainline pokemon game on the Switch make you more likely to get one?

Yes

Happy feeling

Noo

And, I guess, what do you think could be done on a console Pokemon with there being more power to work with? at the very least we'd have stable framerate in horde battles, doubles and triples but I can't for the life of me figure out anything else

Higher resloution and fps. Playing on 60 inch tv. Higher audio sound
>>
I'm done with the 3DS and would rather leave USUM on the 3DS.

I'm gonna pick up a Switch for Xenoblade, BotW, etc. Pokemon is just a really nice bonus, so now I don't need to buy a separate platform to play Pokemon.
>>
already have one and I have four games for it
>>
>>32804736
I mean, it could always mean a "bigger" world too, pokemon games always felt a little restricted, even the 3D ones.
>>
>>32804722
>getting a Switch?
Yep, starting my savings now. Trying to get about a dollar a day.
>pokemon game on the Switch make you more likely to get one
yup. I was waiting for either Pokemon or Animal Crossing.
>How would you feel if Pokemon moved
Obviously the 3DS is dying, but I doubt the Switch will harbor more than three or four core Pokemon games.
>did you own a Wii U beforehand
yep, I'm playing Mario Maker right now. My cousin is making me some levels to try.
>what do you think could be done on a console
I'm hoping for the region to be more explorable. Just a larger scale, nicer graphics. More areas. Something like hidden grottos thrown about. I would love to have horde battles come back, minus the lag and slowdown.

I've never used a Switch. I don't know about paying for online features though. I don't use online, aside from Wonder Trade. So I don't think that'll be a huge issue for me at least. I'm poor, pls no bully.
>>
>>32804722
I'll be slowly saving to get a switch, if I'm lucky the price will drop a bit before I get to it

Not really, I'd get one eventually regardless

I fully expect it to, that's just how console evolution works.

Better graphics and stability is all I'm really expecting
>>
Will there be.... A jump button?
>>
>>32804722
I will be getting a switch

The fact that a mainline game is coming to it is a huge factor since Pokemon is on my list of games that will determine if I spring for a console

I honestly think this is one time thing or rather not a sure sign of Pokemon being only on the switch. But if they did, well I would have the console at that point so no worries

As for what could be done with more power: 3 things: HD, Multiple Regions, and more features.
>>
>>32804722
>One of these threads again
Woo

>Who here is getting a Switch? already has a Switch? doesn't give a shit about Switch?
I already have one

I alreay have one. I will get the gen 8 games at launch
Good.
Yes.

Bigger cities, amd mabye even sextuple battles( triple battles but with the whole team)
>>
File: etrian-monkeys.jpg (137KB, 427x280px) Image search: [Google]
etrian-monkeys.jpg
137KB, 427x280px
>>32804894
>sextuple battles

With or without "rows" ? ala etrian odyssey.

Actually that could be interesting
>>
>>32804910
Just like triple battles but with the whole team
>>
>Is there being a mainline pokemon game on the Switch make you more likely to get one?
It is the only reason that I am going to get one.

I guess it will also let me play Breath of the Wild and hopefully a new Animal Crossing though.
>>
File: pokemon-switch-nintendo.png (1MB, 1500x800px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-switch-nintendo.png
1MB, 1500x800px
New gen, or re-visiting an old?
>>
File: 1470785825787.png (395B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
1470785825787.png
395B, 56x56px
>>32804722
>Who here is getting a Switch? already has a Switch? doesn't give a shit about Switch?

I just ordered a Switch. Should ship by the 30th of this month.

>Is there being a mainline pokemon game on the Switch make you more likely to get one?

I already wanted a Switch (Arms, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, etc) but this news is what truly pushed me over the edge. I really want a transition to the Switch.

>How would you feel if Pokemon moved from 3DS to Switch after UltraSun and Moon?

I like the 3Ds, don't get me wrong, but the Switch is a lot cooler.

>Those who do have a Switch, did you own a Wii U beforehand?

Yep. And a Wii before that, a normal DS before that, a Gameboy Advanced before that, and finally, a Gameboy Color before that.

>And, I guess, what do you think could be done on a console Pokemon with there being more power to work with? at the very least we'd have stable framerate in horde battles, doubles and triples but I can't for the life of me figure out anything else

Like you said. Stable frame rate, more power. Perhaps a larger region? A return of the National Dex (YES PLEASE!!!)? And maybe a lot more Pokemon in the region in general both new and old. Perhaps a Regional Dex of 450-500?
>>
>>32805686
I feel like since GF was so hesitant about putting a Pokemon game on the Switch to begin with, an incredibly safe idea would be Kanto for the Switch title.
I feel like our first full 1080p HD Switch release will be a 3D Kanto. All they stated was that it was a core game. Nothing new. Just core.
But I may also be entirely wrong and it could be gen 8.
>>
>>32805686
>1st gen mons

ew, how did they even find enough gen 1 mons to fill the switch's entire screen? so boring, i only like the newer pokemon. someone at nintendo is a genwunner lol
>>
>>32805705
[b]
>>
>>32805799
I know. I've been at work all day and I'm tired.
>>
>>32804722
Won't be getting a Switch, the thing has no games

Not unless GF makes a decent title, which is unlikely since they haven't since 2013

Probably a good thing if they move from 3DS, but I don't think I'll be buying any more Pokemon games until Ohmori/Masuda commit sudoku or leave GF
>>
>>32804827
>the 3DS is dying

you shut your mouth !!
the Japs made a new one (literally called New3DS). it has more buttons and a stronger processor. it is basically a new gen DS.
>>
>>32804722
>Getting a switch?
I plan to get one sometime after I buy a PS4
>Mainline game on Switch?
I was probably going to cave in and get one eventually, but it helps
>Moved from 3DS to Switch
I'd have a Switch by then, wouldn't bother me
>Did you own a Wii U beforehand?
Don't gotta switch, but I had a Wii U
>What do you think could be done?
Bigger everything desu. Bigger towns, bigger routes, etc.
>>
>>32805686
New gen
>>
already own one. I like it, but it needs more games.
It would make me happier about getting one
>How would you feel if Pokemon moved from 3DS to Switch after UltraSun and Moon?
happy, but I pretty much expect this
Yup. I sold it to get the switch and I'm really regretting that. There were a lot of good games on the Wii U that were easy for me to forget about until I couldn't revisit them
>And, I guess, what do you think could be done on a console Pokemon with there being more power to work with? at the very least we'd have stable framerate in horde battles, doubles and triples but I can't for the life of me figure out anything else
No transition between battles and overworld, like what xenoblade does, is my number one hope for pokemon switch
>>
I guess I'll borrow this thread because I'm too lazy to find the proper thread to ask this- To those who own a Switch, do you own/have you played Snipperclips? It's one of the main games I wanted to try with the Switch, but I'm too poor to afford a Switch, and I have no friends who have Switches to play with.
>>
File: betterkermit.jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
betterkermit.jpg
4KB, 225x224px
>>32805731
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>32804722
>Mfw 3DS owner and Vita owner and the Switch is making me hype as fuck

I love Nintendo games and my weeb JRPGs, the Nintendo WiiAboo is going to be great.

Splatoon 2, Metroid Prime 4, Arms, Mario Odyssey, Disgaea 5, Fire Emblem 16, more Atlus and Marvelous games.
>>
I was thinking recently how Breath of the Wild took a good but safe and stale series and went back to try and really deliver on the promise of the original game by ignoring tradition, and how other Nintendo franchises could benefit from that same approach, and one of the most natural fits would be Pokemon.

Now, it won't happen because GF is one of the cheapest and safest dev studios out there. But it'd be a great idea to ignore all the traditional elements of the series and go back to basic concepts behind Red and Green: exploring a wilderness of mysterious creatures while raising and training them.

I'd even be OK with them limiting it to the original 151 to pander to nostalgiafags or just putting a hard limit on Pokemon in the game so that they can have more complex animations and interactions.
>>
>>32805920
You can play it Singleplayer, but it's more of a multiplayer game really.
>>
Switch Pokemon could add more "verticallity" to the overworld
>>
>>32805920
Sorry, but you absolutely wouldn't want to get Snipperclips without people to play with. The game shines with multiple players, and is otherwise dull.
>>
File: 1492635982203.gif (568KB, 240x291px) Image search: [Google]
1492635982203.gif
568KB, 240x291px
>>32804722
>buying a 5-game console
>>
>>32804827
>I'm playing Mario maker
>My cousin is making some levels
wut lol
>>
>>32804722
>One of these threads again
Yes
I'll probably get one when either a) I get a new job (current contract is coming to an end in a few months) or b) Holidays roll around.

Yes.

I mean they've said it will and I'm fine with it. Hopefully shit will be cool.

My newest Nintendo console is a Gamecube, but I've put a lot of time into other people's Wiis.

Frame rates, bigger and better screens, a more open world (a la Breathe of the Wild).
>>
ive had a switch since launch day but always kinda figured a pokemon game was more likely than ever to come to a console but i was going to buy a switch anyways with or without pokemon. im really excited for pokemon moving to the switch after usum. i do also own a wii u. hopefully graphics for the games will be more on the lines of pokemon colosseum but obviously brought up to 2017 graphics standards as well as possible. never really cared about graphics in games besides pokemon desu. seeing pokemon in 3d in pokemon stadium for the first time was mind-blowing and since then have always really dreamed of a mainline game looking that good which you could make the argument that the 3ds games are like that but for me its really not the same.
>>
>>32804722
I already have a Switch and 4 games on it, and there are 6 more games I am to buy once released in the near future. 100% worth my money. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online battle mode is fucking golden. I can't fucking wait 'till Pokémon goes to the Switch, the 3DS is too shit to let Pokémon reach its full potential. I mean for fuck sake, they literally removed Triples and Rotations because the 3DS couldn't fucking handle it. Something like that would never happen on the Switch. I can't wait. Triple is my favourite battle mode. The Switch will also have much, much better graphics, play in HD, have higher quality audio, be able to play on TV, and have much more power to fully do whatever Gamefreak's next gimmick is. Z-Moves was the peak of what the 3DS could do. They couldn't even animate it properly.
>>
>>32806005
That would suck. They shouldn't remove any Pokémon. Gamefreak knows every Pokémon is someone's favorite. We also need a break from gen 1 pandering
>>
>>32804722
I'll be getting one in the future
Yes, actually that's the reason I decided to finally buy one
I'm fine with that. 3DS itself has already made gen 7 worse than it could be, a change is needed.
I don't know what more would we need, Switch doesn't have much more than stronger insides anyway.
>>
>>32805838
You mean like the DSi?
>>
>>32806225
Anon, five games is the minimum to make a system worthwhile.
Have you never heard of the five game rule?
>>
>>32804722

I will buy one next year. Currently saving.

Definitely. Probably the main motivation.

I hope for that.

No.

I expect the best Pokemon game yet.
>>
What if they add voice acting
>>
>>32804722
I'm getting a Switch, but mainly for the new Kirby game. After how dissapointing Sun and Moon were I can't bring myself to get hyped for this game.
>>
>Pokemon Switch title will be "a traditional find, battle, train type experience"

http://gonintendo.com/stories/283183-metroid-prime-4-a-first-person-adventure-pokemon-switch-a-tra
>>
>>32804722
I already have one.

>How would you feel i Pokemon moved from 3DS to Switch after UltraSun and Moon?
I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other, I think it's just sort of the natural progression that we've been going through with every new iteration of Pokemon.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm a NintendoFag and always buy their consoles, but I knew the Wii U was awful. I think the Switch is pretty good though.

I'm hoping we get to scale models for the Pokemon. I'm tired of tiny Wailords and Groudons and shit. Maybe following Pokemon? I don't love the feature, but I know it's popular and people would love to see it return.
>>
Switch won't have any good games (besides Mario Odyssey) until 2021
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 189x267px
>>32809246
just like pic related
>>
>>32804722
>And, I guess, what do you think could be done on a console Pokemon with there being more power to work with?
Return to a whole connected world with no loading screens or fade to black areas, I don't care about the open world shit but I want this to come back.
Also go back to the BW speed for battles.
>>
I bought my switch like a month ago

I didn't buy it for pokemon exclusively but I knew/hoped we would get a core RPG on the switch. I bought it for Zelda and future titles I knew where coming, things like Mario, SSB and Pokemon

I did, i bought it for the same reason i bought a switch, I enjoyed Wind Waker, Mario maker, SSB, and a couple of other games, it wasn't that bad.

>And, I guess, what do you think could be done on a console Pokemon with there being more power to work with?
I seriously hope we get a full HD Pokemon Gen 8 game with new futures, using the joycons or things like that. Since they're not bound by 3ds's hardware, i suppose they could introduce more new pokemon, new megas, a battle facility and things like that. I just want a game like HGSS but then 3D, with multiple battle features, like the battle factory. Oh and an hard mode please, no idea why GF wouldn't make a hard mode again. It's easy af to implement and not too hard for the kids, so it's kinda perfect.
>>
I hope Pokemon on switch goes like DQ8 where they had they monsters show up on the field that would be different in a good way right?
>>
>>32804722
I already own a Switch, got it at launch.

I wouldn't like it, nor do I think it would happen. What would be ideal is to have the Switch games be their own thing, but with the ability to trade and battle with the 3DS of course.

Obviously it would get rid of all the gates and fades to black when entering a route. It could also handle a much bigger region . Other than that, nothing else comes to mind.
>>
>>32804722

I will be getting one.

Maybe.

Wouldn't care. It's not happening.

Really nothing they could do besides the ultimate open world with real time Pokemon fights. They building towards it by taking baby steps like Pokken and removing the grid system from SM, but it's likely a good 10 years away, if not further.
>>
>>32810002
What if "pokemon a and b" released one on switch and one on 3ds?

Like Pokemon Blue on Switch and Pokemon Red on 3DS for example
>>
>>32804722
I'm going to get one eventually. I'll wait until a few more games come out for it first.

It made me go from wanting one badly to definitely getting one.

Excited

I'd like a bit more exploration available in the new region. It doesn't have to be completely open world, but bigger routes and cities, more optional areas and quests, and less linearity would be great.
>>
File: 1487539521241.jpg (113KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487539521241.jpg
113KB, 768x768px
>>32804722
>Who here is getting a Switch?
Getting it in September

Of course, though I was 99% sure it would happen even without the E3 announcement

It's already confirmed it will?

>what do you think could be done on a console Pokemon with there being more power to work with?
Hard to say but after the shitfest that was XY I'm already bracing for the worst
>>
>>32806277
>>32810295
Where was it confirmed they'd be moving to Switch after Ultras?
>>
>>32810360
https://youtu.be/2SJdDe8fElc
>>
>>32807727
I don't mean to remove Pokemon or for the game to serve as a Gen 8, I just mean if we're going to make every Pokemon more fleshed out, doing it for 800 Pokemon right off the bat would be really difficult.

So taking a sample of 151 Pokemon from throughout the series would be a good place to start.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.