[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alchemist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: sandgem.png (170KB, 1429x935px) Image search: [Google]
sandgem.png
170KB, 1429x935px
Pokemon Alchemist 4.0

I promised I'd be back when the next update was ready, and here we are! With 4.0 I've included the first bit of the Sinnoh Region and expansions to a variety of places throughout the region. You can see changelog with a link on the google doc

>What is this game? Pitch it to me op.
This is a game I've been developing on Essentials since December 2014. It's been just me and publicly available scripts/sprites. I've tried to make it as similar to the main
series games as possible, so no Fakemon. It's sort of a blend between Gens III, IV, and V.

>How can I download, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O7aBcpe4sbDAz0CsmxFUfOi7Xrs4YMhYhil4obMB-wI/edit
I'd like your feedback on anything really, from Routes and Towns to Difficulty. /vp/ has been at the crux of my feedback for ages, im listening to you guys moreso than anyone else.

For those interested in just giving feedback on the postgame/sinnoh, here's a file that is postgame ready. I wouldnt try and do anything but
postgame because this is basically a cheated file with nothing but the flags related to entering postgame turned on. You can access sinnoh by talking to Oak, or taking the train at River Town.
File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4POqmbcEPjXTW5xSzRTRVI3djQ/view?usp=sharing
Place that inside Users > (You) > Saved Games > Pokémon Alchemist
yes, there has to be an é on the folder name.

If you want to see previous /vp/ threads, you can find them on the google doc. they go back to 2015 so you can see how much the game has changed
>>
>>32800058
So, uhh how far along is the game? Like could I play till the Pokemon League? Or like only the first few gyms?
>>
Don't play this, it's unpolished as fuck and the UI sucks.
>>
File: North Kamla Route 3.png (428KB, 799x1431px) Image search: [Google]
North Kamla Route 3.png
428KB, 799x1431px
>>32800087
Pokemon League and beyond. With the inclusion of the new Sinnoh Area and Roark's Gym, there's now 12 Gyms available.
deleted my first reply, no trip was on for some reason

>>32800102
if you'd care to be more specific, i'd change things but this really means absolutely nothing to me right now.
>>
>>32800109
I'll give it a shot then.
Map wise I really like the design choices you made.
>>
>>32800109
Hey OP,I'm having trouble with the google drive download.Google drive is doing the thing when you click download it does nothing,I've had this issue for the past month.Can you or anyone else please make a mirror on like Mega or Mixtape please?I think this looks interesting.
>>
Care to give a synopsis or general 'Why should I play this'?
Give me the back of the box info OP. Im standing at EB games browsing.
>>
File: Twinleaf.png (166KB, 1278x927px) Image search: [Google]
Twinleaf.png
166KB, 1278x927px
>>32800559
That's unfortunate, here's a mega link:
https://mega.nz/#!Xw421DKB!EFESTllIwtIsNB5XL5T8OisBaCA0BcXfgOhP-0ACEMI

>>32800580
I'm just going to copypaste what I wrote down on Pokecommunity, but with some greentext thrown in.

>It's a more traditional Pokemon story. The player, on an adventure, is swept into an evil teams plot to take over the region by resurrecting an ancient Pokemon, gathering things from throughout the region. Along with the International Police, and some Gym Leaders, you try to stop their plot all over the Kamla region. There's some easter eggs regarding the teams past
throughout the game, so get hunting! In the postgame, a new Admin controls the remnants in an attempt to take over once more, with crazy plots the player has to stop.

>Postgame
I break away from the traditional Pokemon story and sorta just do whatever I'm feeling like here. There are story arcs in every city but the hub in the postgame, all are creative and
a real departure from the mainline stuff. These are really experimental, and I'm interested in feedback on this stuff.

Features:

>A brand new region to discover, filled with tons of Pokemon! Explore whole new areas in the Postgame.
>A fun story that extends through the postgame, with bases, grunts and admins to take out. Stop their plot to resurrect the ancient Pokemon!
>No edginess and no bad Fakemon!
>A total of 12 Gyms (4 Postgame) to conquer, and a Pokemon League.
>Sidequests, from little things to legendary hunts. There's tons to do in the Kamla Region.
>Pokemon World Tournament
>A variety of phone calls, for fun rematches and characters.
>Klein's secret bases. Leave your mark on the region!

In hindsight, I shouldn't have made the thread so late. I'll be back tomorrow morning if the thread is till up. See you guys tomorrow.
Here's another Sinnoh map picture as well.
>>
File: guzma_approves.png (200KB, 312x339px)
guzma_approves.png
200KB, 312x339px
>>32800618
Thanks OP
>>
>>32800102
That's why you give feedback, you entitled fuck. God forbid somebody on this board actually tries to make original content.

>>32800618
Can you post screenshots of the UI? I'm at work for the next few hours, but I'd like to have a look.
>>
>>32800058
>>32800109
>>32800618
Um, these maps are kind of amateurish. Way too many flowers.
>>
>>32800618

>Pokemon World Tournament

where can i find this in game
>>
>>32800058
Maybe I should give it a...
>This is a game I've been developing on Essentials
And, into the trash it goes.
>>
>>32801428
The fuck's Essentials?
>>
>>32801621

open source engine for making pokemon games
>>
File: wANo3p0.png (10KB, 612x549px)
wANo3p0.png
10KB, 612x549px
Wanted to make it possible to walk on overworld rocky platforms, but since removing the collision from the rocky surface made the top edge of the platform contain both collision and non-collision parts, thus enabling the character to just walk on and off the platform from the top. Not too great since that'd mean said platforms can't be used to wall off the player since they can just step on them and walk off the map, breaking the game.

tl:dr another another layer on top, thus creating a full tile's width of collision. Is the overworld perspective still the same, or does it look weird?
>>
>>32802414
Fuck me, this isn't /heg/

I'll see myself out.
>>
>>32802506
LMAO U STUPID
>>
Is there a way I can play this with a pad or is keyboard the only way?
>>
>>32802414
Looks neat,I love older gen rom hacks.Usually everyone wants Gen 3.
>>
File: Bttle.png (63KB, 510x412px) Image search: [Google]
Bttle.png
63KB, 510x412px
>>32801336
the two sinnoh maps are literally carbon copies of the actual Sinnoh Maps, so the flowers are placed according to the games. I understand what you mean for the other map however, they're kind of all over the place.

>>32801427
Postgame, Resort City. Currently the Alchemist Gym Leaders, Kanto Leaders, and Special Trainers are able to be fought.

>>32801428
I don't think you should immediately discard all Essentials games. Unless the games don't run well in your end, it's a really good platform and really lets you do whatever you want.

>>32802563
You could if you use a controller program that lets you re-assign keys to controller inputs.

>>32802414
>>32802506
Thanks for the bump lol, I think it looks fine unless you actively try to view it from the wrong perspective.

>>32801325
The game uses Elite Battle, so here's an example of the UI in battle.
>>
>>32802985
I just started playing this is my first fan game I've really been wanting to try one. I really like it so far. I caught a magby and I was wondering if there was an ingame way to get magmortar
>>
>>32803022
There's a Magmarizer thats basically unmissable around the 6th gym, and you can use Link Stones to do in game trade evolutions.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.