[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Challenge runs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: interested chiaki.jpg (1MB, 1920x2206px) Image search: [Google]
interested chiaki.jpg
1MB, 1920x2206px
Have you guys done one? Are you guys doing one?
I'm 2 badges into a monopokemon run of Y with an Axew.
>>
>>32799253
I accidentally did one with Sceptile in AS.

I do Nuzlockes every now and then
>>
>>32799325
How did you accidentally only use one Pokemon?
>>
>>32799364
because using only one (or two I guess) pokemon makes the games incredibly easy
>>
I did a Nuzlocke of White 1, and realized they don't actually increase my enjoyment of the game, since I just find a way to work around the challenge they present. (In this case, it's very easy to get a guaranteed drilbur early on, which steamrolls the rest of the game.)
>>
File: 1487922729941.jpg (206KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487922729941.jpg
206KB, 1024x768px
>>32799253
I made a solo Snivy run in White, without ever evolving it.
If HM slaves were needed, they were not used in battle and I resetted the game whenever Snivy fainted.

I managed to beat the whole game with it somehow.

It was actually fun, I needed to calculate carefully when to buff, use items and hit. I got really lucky when battling Reshiram, because I got there at the minimum level (69 or 70 I believe) required for Snivy to tank those Fusion Flares.

>>32799383
I did a solo Blastoise once. It was a piece of cake.
>>
>>32799412
Did you use Eviolite?
>>
>>32799422
No, I used Lucky Egg.
>>
>>32799422
I forgot another rule I had: To flee from all wild Pokemon encounters to avoid the temptation of using them to grind.
So I could use only trainers to level up.

And yes, Cheren was fucking hard in pretty much every encounter.
>>
I once did a fire monotype run of White 2 and got all 8 badges and suddenly lost interest in finishing it when I found out the only fire type that can learn Surf is Arceus, and there was a mandatory surf section right after the 8th gym to get to Neo-Plasma's boat and I didn't want to put my Simipour in my party for that one section.
But I beat Marlon and Clay so I'm not disappointed in myself for not finishing it.
>>
I start them and never finish
Solo Cyndaquil in HG
Nuzlocke in Diamond
And another Avatar Challenge for Platinum.
All incomplete
>>
>>32799253
started a monograss run in AS, halted evolution because of a number of the early grassmons having different learnsets before evolving.

...and I ended up going all the way to the E4 with a full set of unevolved grassmons.

>Treecko
>Lotad
>Shroomish
>Oddish
>Cacnea
>Lileep
>>
I did a Mono-Fighting run in Y a few months ago. I used Lucario, Hawlucha, Chesnaught, Scrafty, Toxicroak and Mega Medicham. All of fun were fun to use.

I do Randomized Nuzlockes every now and then, but I only ever finished an Emerald and a Black Randomlocke.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.