[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the likelihood that the Switch game announced at E3 is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: Maniac.jpg (18KB, 202x201px) Image search: [Google]
Maniac.jpg
18KB, 202x201px
Whats the likelihood that the Switch game announced at E3 is a goddam Kanto remake/reinvisioning?

Or is it more likely Gen 8? I can honestly see GF doing the former.
>>
Gen 8 in Kanto most likely.
>>
>>32797686
I'd b be okay with that assuming we got new Pokemon along with it.
>>
Gen 8 in Kanto with Lillie as a major character

Gen 8 anime has Ash return to Kanto with Lillie as his travel partner
>>
>>32797682
dp remakes
>>
>>32797686
New gen = new region
>>
File: 1455430271196.gif (181KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
1455430271196.gif
181KB, 320x286px
>>32797893
that can and probably will change, don't count your chickens till you're out of the woods, genwun pandering knows no limits.
>>
Kanto with Johto post game. Johto's layout is way more suited to post game events.
>>
The window for Kanto has come and gone. It's a new region.
>>
>>32797834
DP sequels on Switch
Gen 8 on 3DS.
>>
File: pikachu.jpg (14KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.jpg
14KB, 407x286px
>>32797771
>3rd game in a row with Lillie
Can we stop?
>>
>>32797682
I actually want it to be Kanto remakes because it's my favorite region
>>
>>32797682
Hopefully -48%

Less than zero by any means.
>>
File: MokBa2.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MokBa2.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>32797919
>that can and probably will change
Not likely.

The reason being that worldbuilding has become a huge part of Pokemon now, so expanding on the world rather than limiting it is to the series' benefit.
>>
It will be a spinoff game. They won't change their handheld formula when it takes so little effort to print so much money.
>>
>>32799833
TIL that core game made by gamefreak translates to spinoff.
>>
>>32797682
it will be the pokemon mmo
>>
>>32799833
Switch is a handheld and likely going to replace the 3DS.
>>
>>32799833
They've literally said multiple times it's not a spinoff. Man you denialfags are going in hard with this one.
>>
>>32800138
then what's nintendo's new home console?
>>
>>32800188
The Switch.
The Switch is Nintendo's new home console
The Switch is Nintendo's new handheld

Welcome to progress.
>>
>"Core Pokémon game for Switch" is either RBY remakes or DP remakes
>This game, whatever it is, is going to be the engine test for a future Gen 8 game
>When they work out kinks in the engine, they'll start developing the Gen 8 games
>Gen 8 will be released for the Switch

My prediction.
>>
>>32798206
Lillie is best girl
>>
>>32800197
I hope there'll be like a Switch lite or something in the future without the home console part. If I got a switch I'll mostly use it as handheld anyway
>>
>>32800219
Probably will. Personally waiting for something like that.
>>
>>32800219
I could see a version where the joycons aren't removable, and have all that fancy hardware that simulates ice or something removed. They could even keep console functionality with this build, but require you to buy the dock and a pro controller separately to make it work.
>>
>>32797682
Gen 8, most likely.
Gen 7 will just be 2 games long like Gen 5 was.

First game on Switch will be mainline Pokemon. 2018 MAYBE if Switch sales are high enough by then, if not, 2019. Next year after that will be DP remakes.

USUM are the last Pokemon games on 3DS. Thank fuck.
>>
>>32800340
Its a bit bittersweet, leaving the 3DS

On one hand, it means much better hardware to work with, so if they don't go full retard and aim for BoTW graphics, the fps should be stable.

On the other, we don't have wide spread CFW yet so unlike SM and probably USM, we won't get to play 1-2 weeks early.
>>
>>32797919
Newer games sell better than remakes and revisits. Because of that it's unlikely that they'll make another Kanto game.
>>
>>32800197
Nintendo literally said that the 3DS will still be their main handheld and not replaced by the Switch.
>>
>>32800303
I can't see them removing HD rumble any time soon.
>>
>>32800979
Why do people even WANT to go back? To see how Kanto's changed since Sun/Moon? To follow Lillie?

I'm seriously lost here.
>>
>>32800447
I personally feel a strong attachment and love for my handheld
It is like my baby
So while Im happy our games can improve I still am going to sorely miss having new Pokemon on my handheld

I know the switch is meant to be able to function as a handheld but Im just not going to be carrying my console around in nearly the same way
>>32800986
Really? This makes me pretty happy, I hope they dont abandon it entirely and instead actually upgrade the hardware their handhelds have

They can make bank off of both the switch and DS
Parents are more inclined to buy the DS for their kids

Perhaps they could make a less powerful cheaper version and a more powerful version specifically for an adult player/child player split?
>>
>>32797682
I feel like Gen 8 is actually going to be a continuation of the story in Alola, it was seeing Red and Blue grown up like that that put the idea in my head.
I assume, if that's what they do, at the same time, there'll be a re-release of Gen 1, as well.
Gen 8 will be the 3DS games, and the Gen 1 Modern Remake will be the Switch game, that's how I'm calling it.
Hopefully they'll make Professor Oak seem less reprehensible towards his Grandson, this time.
>>
File: 1472743712544.jpg (60KB, 241x231px) Image search: [Google]
1472743712544.jpg
60KB, 241x231px
>>32800986
>Believing Reggie's PR spin when he doesn't know shit and just bulls his way through interviews all the time

I bet you thought the DS wouldn't replace the GBA either.
>>
File: Gen 5 designs.jpg (669KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5 designs.jpg
669KB, 1600x1064px
>>32797682
I would love a Kanto remake ONLY to see potential Kanto regional variants of Pokémons from next generations.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.