[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So has he ever won a league? Was it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: ash.png (124KB, 416x267px) Image search: [Google]
ash.png
124KB, 416x267px
So has he ever won a league? Was it good?
>>
>>32797546

Only the Orange League and the Battle Frontier
>>
He won Indigo, right?
It was probably okay, I didn't see it.
>>
>>32797559
I thought he lost to that other guy with a pikachu cause Charizard a shit.
>>
Never won a single league.
>inb4 orange juice League and anime BF
Literal Mickey Mouse cups.
>>
No, and even worse is that he hasn't learned a single thing from losing any of them since Johto.
>>
>>32797680

To be fair though, every loss since then has been due to some bullshit

Charizard going to sleep was the only instance where the loss had anything to do with Ash's skill as a trainer
>>
>>32797558
Stop
>>
>>32797707
If a Guts-boosted Megahorn can't KO a Darkrai then that means he EV trained his Heracross incorrectly.
>>
>>32797707
They have to be bullshit because he's been ready to win the league and close out his arc in the show since johto. If that had happened nobody now would look back and say that it was too early for him to win.
>>
>>32797707
>>32797680

Wouldn't it have been great if Ash's goal was to just beat Gary, which he eventually did?

Chasing an elusive dream like mastery over Pokemon seems to be some sort of justification to keep Ash exploring and saving the world since he has an amazing ability to bond with Pokemon including Legendary ones.

So the writers would just make him save the fate of each region but God forbid he becomes its champion, thus not gaining any meaningful reward.

Ash is the ultimate cuck.
>>
>>32797558
Neither of them count.
>>
File: Results.png (435KB, 452x592px) Image search: [Google]
Results.png
435KB, 452x592px
>>32797546
Reminder!
>>
>>32797546
I know it's a bit early but
>>
File: 1496869916771.jpg (41KB, 487x435px) Image search: [Google]
1496869916771.jpg
41KB, 487x435px
>>32797559
>Charizard falls asleep
>counts as fainting
gee I wonder who paid the refs
>>
>>32799319
Charizard refused to fight. There is probably a clause in there about pokemon not listening to prevent rich trainers from buying high level pokemon and using them.
>>
>people still don't count Orange league just so they can keep crying that Ash hasn't won a league yet and how mistreated he is
>not counting battle frontier either when it's as legit as a league anyway
>>
File: does not compute.png (843KB, 1328x748px) Image search: [Google]
does not compute.png
843KB, 1328x748px
>>32800279
>a series of matches that many, many people likely complete every year is the same thing as a league tournament with just one winner every year
>>
File: 1495644632121.jpg (22KB, 338x302px) Image search: [Google]
1495644632121.jpg
22KB, 338x302px
>>32800279
not legit enough to make it to the gen 3 remakes apparently
>>
>>32797707
Wrong. SQUIRTLE got sent to sleep, which the Ref called as KO.
Half of his Pokemon were wiped out due to a Criminal Act which should have resulted in at least a pause because it is clear Something happened.
Charizard refused to fight because he is a little shit with no gratitude (I dont care if its a Trade Pokemon, he had EIGHT BADGES already, also he wasn't Traded, he was rescued from Fuckup McDouche)
>>
>>32800279
Battle Frontier isn't a league, it's the Kanto Post-Endgame.
>>
>>32800286
This is why college football sucks.
>>
>>32797559
>He won Indigo, right?

no, never happened.
Charizard fucked him over.
>>
File: Ash Bio.jpg (158KB, 1020x659px) Image search: [Google]
Ash Bio.jpg
158KB, 1020x659px
I find it hilariously dumb how the joke is to hate on and blame Ash for him never winning a League when none of the losses have EVER been his actual fault, but something completely out of his control. Basically, because "the plot demanded it".

Or the writers, to be more accurate. Then they have the nerve to act like the League isn't actually important and that losing it is no big deal despite always talking about how most trainers don't even get enough badges to make it to the League.

It's bullshit writing. The Game MC trainers seriously have it easy since they don't have tournaments for their League. They just walk through a cave or two and go straight to the Elite 4. That's not a viable substitute for a tournament, either, since you can easily just skip past most of the trainers on a lot of the routes.

Or, if you're in Alola, you just won't find any. lol
>>
>>32797546
Satoshi is the true winner and champion of the Kalos League.
The problem are the writers and responsible of the anime for forcing him to lose in his goal. The Orange Islands are bad fillers and has nothing to do with an authentic story of the game/anime
>>
>>32800279
Orange League wasn't a regional competition, it was just a glorified gym.
>>
>>32797558
The Orange League is not a victory because:
Ash has his three Pokémon (Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard) with Hacks/Cheats, .
There are no official gyms.
There are no other participants in the League
Story are fillers.
>>
>>32802959
Going through a quick list in my mind.

>Indigo was due to Team Rocket screwing him over and Charizard being a fucking faggot, if Team Rocket and Charizard hadn't happened he may have reached a higher placing, maybe even Top 4? Top 16 alone is pretty impressive for a Rookie trainer anyways

>Silver he defeated Gary then lost to a foreign trainer with a Blaziken which I didn't watch so I don't know if that was legit or not, I heard Ash fucked him so hard that it cost his opponents league win though so that's a feat.

>Ever Grande I also didn't watch, as far as I can tell no real bullshit happened there and Ash lost to the person who won in the Top 8 match so it's more of a case of Ash not being good enough to win and bad luck putting him against the strongest trainer there

>Lily of the Valley was where Ash defeated perhaps his greatest rival Paul but afterwards with his stronger Pokemon weakened he fought the winner of the conference in the Semi-Finals where he defeated not only the Darkrai that curbstomped every person in Sinnoh but also his second Pokemon which was a Latios just as strong. Mind you the runner-up of the Conference didn't even manage to beat Darkrai so Ash arguably was the best trainer in that entire conference seeing as Tobias is clearly inferior at raw skill and is just damn good at finding and catching powerful species of Pokemon

>I don't even want to talk about Unova but it sucked horribly and it will forever be a huge strike against the Anime and it's already bad record

>Lumiose he was the Runner-Up of the conference and lost against an Elite Four-tier trainer where they were both down to the last Pokemon, Alain was simply stronger and perhaps even more skilled than Ash. Although those fucking Guillotine wins were retarded as shit and Ash used mainly his Kalos Pokemon in the entire Conference, maybe the outcome would have changed with older Pokemon like Charizard?

Overall Ash has a pretty good record imo.
>>
>>32803055
He has no goal at this point.
>>
>>32804115
He still owes Misty a bike.
>>
The faggot had no place being in the Indigo league.
>Here's a boulderbadge because your Pikachu's electric attacks were able to beat my rock/ground type
>Here's a cascadebadge because you saved our fucking water
>Here's a marshbadge because you made me fucking laugh
>Here's a rainbowbadge because you saved my pokemon

The only reason he even made it to the league was to build up the anticipation. He didn't even earn literally half the damn badges. That's why Charmander, who always listened to him when it was a charmander, stopped listening after it evolved.
>>
>>32797707
Being outmatched is hardly bullshit.
I'll give you Tobias.
>>
>>32804238
Yet he got a better placing than Gary and only lost his battle due to technicalities.
>>
>>32803168
You can't really say Tobias is inferior in terms of skill, because a portion of being a Pokemon trainer is to have good Pokemon.
If the league didn't stick to this format, you'd have to replace their actual teams with rental teams, to measure only pure battling prowess.

Even if he wasn't good at battling itself, it's entirely offset by his ability to find and capture Pokemon far beyond the scope of normal mortals.
>>
>>32804265
>Yet he got a better placing than Gary
All that means is Gary had a tougher opponent in the tournament
>and only lost his battle due to technicalities
The only issue Team Rocket really caused was making Ash late for the battle against Ritchie, which he lost because of his Charizard not obeying a trainer who didn't earn 8 badges.
>>
>>32797792
Darkrai surviving Megahorn is easily the biggest bullshit I've ever seen the anime come up with.
>>
>>32804309
>All that means is Gary had a tougher opponent in the tournament
This is more an issue with single-elimination rules than anything.
Under the given rules, Ash ranked better than Gary.
>>
>>32797792
0 Atk Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Darkrai: 356-420 (103.4 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>Ash is such a good trainer that the writers had to take out of the hat one marysue trainer that had not one, but TWO legendary on his team
This pissed me off to no end
>>
>>32804421
0- Atk Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Darkrai: 318-374 (92.4 - 108.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Don't forget 0 IVs for Heracross

>>32804533
That's not entirely true though. They didn't have to use someone with legendaries. They needed someone that can take out Ash's Pokemon out in a few hits each to wrap up the league. Now, which is more impressive for Ash, taking out a few fully evolved Pokemon, or duking it out with legendaries, assuming the fight would still play out the same?
The latter, obviously. So in that sense, having it be Tobias was actually beneficial to Ash, as stupid as that might sound.
>>
>>32804192
>Not seeing the goodbye episode
>>
>>32804533
>Implying they can't use legendary in battles.
Least you get to see what it's like when a trainer has one.
>>
>>32804421
Why do people always assume the pokemon are the same level? Or if you don't believe in levels in the anime, the enemy's pokemon could simply be stronger due to having battled and trained more. No shit something that's a higher level is gonna survive an attack that would have killed it if they were the same level. Shit, fucking Pikachu gets away with destroying 2 pseudos and megas.
>>
>>32804309
Also his best Pokemon that would listen to him, Pikachu, was tired from the Team Rocket bullshit.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.