[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Crystal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: pokemonCRYS.jpg (133KB, 456x452px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonCRYS.jpg
133KB, 456x452px
so why did yellow get a Virtual console release along side red/blue but crystal wasn't announced along side gold/silver?
>>
>>32789023
Normie anime fag genwunners.
>>
Saving it for release before gen 8 on the switch so people will double dip.
>>
>>32789052

seems stupid, not much in the ways of differences. I hope they just put the gender picking and battle tower in gold/silver and call it a day.
>>
Its either:

A): They're staggering the release to build hype for it and boost sales.

B): There's some feature in it they need to work on. Crystal in Japan had an online connection feature (albeit a REALLY obtuse one), so it could possibly be some version of that.
>>
>>32789093

Why would they do that.
>>
>>32789023
They aren't releasing Crystal because they don't want to spoil Kris' cameo in USUM.
>>
>>32789096
>B): There's some feature in it they need to work on. Crystal in Japan had an online connection feature (albeit a REALLY obtuse one), so it could possibly be some version of that.

That's my theory. The Battle Tower in Crystal was all about downloading teams from other players and fighting them in and the tower is locked if not connected to the network, the functionality similar to the gen 3 tower was added in the non Jap releases and they're too lazy to back port it.
>>
>>32789128

It's not even just for the Battle Tower.

The online feature in Japan let you trade and do general battles online as well.
>>
>>32789149
There was also an online-ish Celebi event thing in the jp version yeah?

And it actually got localized, but with no way to access it in the US/Global versions?
>>
>>32789023
Because they first make you buy GS, then release Crystal one month after
>>
>>32789023
Fuck I miss Crystal. I just wish I could feel how I did when I first played it. It's lost all appeal to me except for the nostalgia
>>
>>32789093
>seems stupid

I'd like to remind you Pokémon is a franchise who manages to pull everytime the two versions trickery and have its fans buy both versions.
Only to sell the final third version some time later, and manage to have 10m sales anyway, which are considered weak for this series standards.

People are going to buy both GS and C.
>>
>>32789236

but they released yellow at the same time as red and blue.
>>
>>32789110
One could only dream.
>>
>>32790258

Yes, and they realized holding it off leads to more money.
>>
Because Yellow is different enough that it doesn't make Red and Blue effectively obsolete.

If they released Crystal with the other two, almost no one would buy Gold or Silver.
>>
>>32789213
They had monthly events with shit you could download, usually Pokemon quizes that gave you prizes if you won. You could get a ton of reusable TMs through it, as well as the GS Ball and that one piece of mail you can't get anywhere ingame.
>>
Gen1 fag here... never played any other pokemans other than Red. Should I play original G/S/C? If so, which one? Crystal? I'd buy a legit cart on eBay to play on my GBC, no emu.

Or should I play HG/SS on my DS?

THANKS
>>
>>32791462
HG/SS is GOAT
>>
>>32791462
>Gen1
Play any of them.
>You can trade between Gen 1 and Gen 2 as long as the Pokemon and move are time capsule legal
There was nothing game-breaking, but you get some novelty movesets by egg moves or tms in G/S/C, and then trading the pokemon back to R/B/Y

If you were a turbonerd, you could find a copy of Pokemon Stadium 1 and make some nifty teams for that, and see if it gave you an edge over pure movesets.
>>
>>32791572
I mostly remember elemental punches from tms, and getting Paras to have Psybeam as an egg move.
>>
>>32789023
For Pikachu. Its the Pokemon brand mascot and that alone would drive sales up.
>>
>>32791462

Hg/Ss if you just want to play a kick ass sequel. G/S if you want to get back into the series. Ho-oH and Lugia will get kick ass abilities when imported from gen 2 and can be directly imported into the current gen where as stuff from Hg/Ss will require another DS and a 5th gen game to move stuff over.
>>
>>32789023
Should I get Gold or Silver bros?
>>
>>32791628
Silver.
>>
So is Crystal objectively better than GS? Is it worth it for the animations?
>>
>>32791631
why?
>>
>>32791655
You just asked which. You never asked why.

Lugia was pretty cool back when I was a kid, and I favored the 'blue' versions.
Granted, Silver might have worse version exclusives. I don't remember how redeemable Skarmory and Donphan were back in Gen 2.
>>
>>32791645

It's superior on a technical level but some dislike it because no signature moves for Ho-oh and Lugia without Stadium 2/both are restricted to post game. That and no Mareep is an issue.
>>
>>32791669
Skarmory was GOAT.
>>
>>32791713
>no signature moves for Ho-oh and Lugia
really? i didn't know this
>>
>>32791729

Both are level 60 in crystal and their signature moves are level 1 moves.

Without Stadium 2's move relearner. Ho-oH can only get Sacred Fire in Gold and Lugia can only get Aeroblast in Sliver. Ho-oH needs his signature move a lot more then Lugia does so Gold has its appeal there.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.