[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me why breeding isn't the best shiny hunting method.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2372.jpg (667KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2372.jpg
667KB, 1920x1080px
Prove to me why breeding isn't the best shiny hunting method. Protip: you can't.

>100% foolproof
>Control IVs, nature, egg moves, OT
>Breed any Pokemon you want
>Highest shiny odds thanks to Masuda method
>Compatible with shiny charm (duh)
>Chaining of any kind only gives you higher shiny odds as the chain goes on into ridiculous numbers, whereas shiny charm+Masuda method yields 1/512 odds no matter what

Pic related; got this beauty after only 69 eggs.
>>
>>32788580
Feels so artificial and manufactured.
>>
>>32788580
Just inject lmao
>>
*unseathes laptop*
heh...
*injects*
nothin personnel...kid
>>
>>32788580
>Breed any Pokemon you want
Wrong
>>
Everything you've posted is 100% correct, but some people aren't interested in stats when shiny hunting and just want the shiny for the sake of having it. Therefore shiny charm + SOS battles give you a faster rate of finding a shiny.
>>
>>32788624
Soft resetting is for legendaries, anon
Don't worry it's the next best method for shiny pokemon
>>
>>32788652
It's not necessarily faster. Like i said you only get really good odds later in the chain but with shiny charm+masuda method you get the same odds right off the bat. You don't even have to breed for stats with it either
>>
Do people even use Miltank?
>>
>>32788722

Well, you were born, no?
>>
>>32788580
Because it's forced.
Random wild encounter are the only ones that are authentic.
Bred? Might as well just inject it and skip the waste of time.
>>
File: jgh.jpg (521KB, 859x2494px)
jgh.jpg
521KB, 859x2494px
>>32788580
>>
>>32788580
jus eenject big bwoi
>>
File: 1480976003676.jpg (59KB, 509x509px)
1480976003676.jpg
59KB, 509x509px
Any kind of shiny hunting is shit. The only truly satisfying shinies are the ones you get unexpectedly while just playing the game.
>>
>>32788787
How is it forced? It still relies on RNG, just with different odds.
>>
>>32788904
This guy gets it
>>
It's not perfect. Hidden power, gender limited evos, and hidden abilities are still a pain.
>>
>>32788919
Changing odds drastically and keeping at it until it happens a few thousand eggs or likely much less.
Boring and unexciting.
The unexpected surprise was what made them fun.
>>
Why hide your trainer name?
>>
>Just inject it :^)
>>
File: 1462137924741.jpg (24KB, 600x400px)
1462137924741.jpg
24KB, 600x400px
>>32789100
Scared of legion
>>
>>32789136
I c. Well gratz on the awesome bluecow anon!
>>
>>32789068
>changing odds which still requires hundreds sometimes thousands of eggs is the same as forcing the pokemon to be shiny
>hatching hundreds sometimes thousands of eggs is more repetitive than running around, finding a battle and running from it when it's not shiny
Hatching a shiny, even at the best possible odds, is just as unexpected as finding one in the wild. Nobody expects the egg to be shiny right away or even after a few hundred eggs.
>>
>>32788653
What about friend safaris? You're limited to 3 pokemon that you want, 2 if you're smart and do it correctly, and it's about the most mindless activity in the world.

I zone out while watching movies and random encountering in a friend safari and get a shiny within a couple hours, usually.

>but muh IVs
maybe that's important to you but I literally only shiny hunt for that feeling you get when you see the sparkle. after catching it I either store it in a box forever or wondertrade it, which I'm probably gonna do with this shiny Audino I just got
>>
>>32789205
>more repetitive than running around, finding a battle and running from it when it's not shiny
I don't do that in search of shinies.
If one pops up, that's a real surprise.
Anything else is sad.
>>
File: 20170610_094041.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px)
20170610_094041.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>32788590
>>32788787
So my Litwick I hatched at random from a single egg without even trying for a shiny is worth less than some Magikarp you got chain fishing? Fuck off.
>>
>>32788580
Injecting is objectively the best method
>>
>>32789068
>a few thousand
thats isn't a drastical decrease of odds anon
>>
>>32788580
>Control IVs, nature, egg moves

This pretty much, OP.

The only possible reason someone would rather hunt for wild shinies is if they're stupid or completely uninformed.

>I want to waste even more energy and time finding a pokemon that is less useful! Then I want to desperately try and justify my wasted time by pretending that Pokemon isn't a game where you battle monsters, with stats and moves. It's not like stats and moves actually matter, right?
>>
>>32789316
>Plain Pokeball
>>
>>32789265
Holy fuck, you're actually mentally retarded. How do you manage to find your way online?
>>
>>32791635
Literally not an argument.
You resorting to insulting someone that has been using the internet since the mid 90s is sad.
Not as sad as shiny hunting, though.
Bless your heart.
>>
>>32789316
I don't chain fish, or use shitwick, because I'm not retarded.
>>
>>32791619
Ooh the big man likes his stats and numbers.
Some people do care about the monsters, and not just the stats.
>>
>hatch 5 eggs
>take them back to the pc
>switch for 5 more
>faster then walking into a battle and running
yeah. ok.
never forget adrenaline orbs were a mistake
>>
>>32791682
>Connecting emotionally to a monster from the wild, not a monster that you meticulously bred for generations until they were born.
>>
>>32791693
>Connecting emotionally
>>
>>32791693
You mean an inbred monstrocity built for battles it won't win.
>>
>>32789316
>So my Litwick I hatched at random from a single egg without even trying for a shiny is worth less than some Magikarp you got chain fishing?

Are you saying my 6IV + Full EV'd Shiny Scizor is worth less than your random chance litwick despite both being shiny? Fuck off.
>>
>>32788904
>Make it to Poni Canyon in the story
>Very first encounter is a shiny Boldore
>Look for Vanillite for my pokedex entry
>Second SOS call is a shiny Castform
Feels good.
>>
>>32788824
I'm pretty sure shinies do exist in Colosseum, it's just that it requires twice as much luck because the shiny value is calculated when the trainer launch the Pokemon, and then is calculated again when you catch it.
Or I just didn't get the joke
>>
actually injecting is

people talking about "the surprise" are autistic and probably cried themselves to sleep when BW2 added the Shiny Charm and XY raised the general rate
>>
>>32788580
Shiny hunting is a waste of time for autistic faggots with no life.

If you're that desperate for shiny pokemon just inject them instead of sinking countless hours of your life into something so pointless.

Get a fucking life you piece of shit.
>>
>>32794039

The joke with brain charts is that the higher it is on the chart, the dumber it actually is.

Shiny's do exist in Colosseom but mons are rerolled when they're caught effectively making them a different Pokemon then the one you fought. There's no twice as much luck, it's just that you can't actually check until it's caught. It can be shiny in the fight and normal afterwards and vise versa.

GoD got around this by making the game keep rerolling for both the enemy and captured version if they rolled shiny.
>>
Just inject bro
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.