[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post things that piss us off in this franchise Alola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1496897744330.png (87KB, 945x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496897744330.png
87KB, 945x768px
ITT: We post things that piss us off in this franchise
Alola is getting a whole new game and Kalos got squat. Holy fuck, I was so salty and pissed when USM were announced.
>>
the fanbase
>>
/vp/
>>
File: 1469997711689.jpg (39KB, 599x713px) Image search: [Google]
1469997711689.jpg
39KB, 599x713px
apologists for gamefreaks laziness, horrible decision-making, and the occasional awful design choice
>>
>>32788329
>"The Battle Frontier Project has started"
>>
>>32788422
YAMERO
>>
>>32788329
this narrative driven direction for pokemon when it is clear game freak cannot make it work, and this narrative driven direction seems to be coming at the expense of everything else
x and y was especially bad in this regard
>>
>>32788357
And when you point any of those out out, you get people screaming stuff like

>You should be grateful they're developing something at all
>IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T BUY IT :^)
>>
>>32788329
lack of challenge in main-game such as not using 95% of any of the items/mechanics that the main player can do and only used them in the already rubber-band bullshit battle tower-I mean Battle Mansion/Tree as well as being the only thing left for post-game. up to this point, you can pretty much steamroll the entire region with a single mon, regardless of how shitty it is.

and main games itself are getting well, how can I say this... "arcadic?" let me explain this.
>main character started in a new region with a in town rival/friend.
>professor tree give MC a starter to start on his/her journey.
>everything is set in one path, if there's a separate path, block them with some BS reason.
> after obtaining the first 2 gym badges, TEAM bad guy wants to take over said region with box cover legendary.
> you know you'll beat the because friendship.
> most features in the 1st dual installment games of # gen had jacked content nor features until you buy the superior 2nd dual/3rd/remake installment.
>game breaking items and legendaries are given to you without trying at all, doing so makes the game even more of a cake walk.
>this also goes for event mons in which are given to you without any sort of objective of obtaining it in a special area, all of them are given by a dude in a poke center in which sums up as " hey MC, here's a special pokemon that I found in the x dimension, here you go!"

up to this point, I don't really see it really changing things up besides the side games.
>>
>>32788462
Sometimes it feels like WE of all people care more about Pokemon than the actual guys behind the series do.
>>
Pokemon that appear in too many locations. I don't give a single shit if Alola's a set of islands, Wingull shouldn't appear on like 30 routes. at 30+% encounter rates
>>
>>32788329
I wanted to visit the enhanced version of Kalos. Why Game Freak?
>>
>>32789762
I literally only fought them once on Route 2
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.