[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think fossil pokemon would have a other type in their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: fossils.png (949KB, 1708x4632px) Image search: [Google]
fossils.png
949KB, 1708x4632px
Do you think fossil pokemon would have a other type in their original form?
>>
>>32786350
no
>>
>>32786350
Only with certain ones. Not all of them.
I like the idea of Ancient Power mons becoming part Rock but
>Ice loses Mamoswine
Don't do this to them senpai
>>
>>32786369
They wouldn't lose it, it would just be another form, like fossil Mamoswine would be ground rock and the original would keep its type
>>
>>32786350
No, and the typings you are suggesting are utter garbage
>>
They fossilized because they're rock type, they don't become rock type that's why mamoswine and the other ancient power evolution pokemon are said to be extinct but are also not rock type.
Also what type would rampardos be if he wasn't just pure rock?
>>
>>32786350
None. This is my favorite aspect of this line. They are always flaved - thats why they are extint.
>>
>>32786350
Lileep and Cradily should be Grass/Water. They are aquatic plant Pokémon afterall.
>>
>>32786892
>They fossilized because they're rock type, they don't become rock type
And all fossils found in real life are from rocks, right? There are no fish, leaves, bugs, bones or anything else found in fossils. Nope. Just rocks
>>
>>32786417
Why? and which types would you suggest?
>>
Somehow I feel like Rampardos and Aerodactyl would stay part Rock.
>>
>>32786350
Well in SM, there was that guy that wanted to make fossil park. Maybe in USUM you can catch Alolan form fossil Pokémon that have their original types. Although I think a few of them would keep rock type.
>>
File: 20170616_131333.jpg (370KB, 978x978px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_131333.jpg
370KB, 978x978px
>>32786417
>>32787756
Cranidos is where you lose me hardcore, it would still be a Rock type. Although I kind of agree with >>32787042. I'd love it to be a Grass/Water type, which would fit its abilities, it's original moves suggest it's a Grass/Poison, and I'd almost look at it as a prehistoric Victrebell.

>>32787756
My changes to your list would be to leave Mamoswine as Ground/Ice, leave Tangrowth as a plain Grass type, and change Yanmega to a Bug/Flying type. I'd also leave the Omas as Water/Rock because of their shell, or maybe just plain Water. Prehistoric Krabby.
>>
>>32786350
stop posting
>>
File: 1492222871928.png (14KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492222871928.png
14KB, 500x600px
>>32786350
>Fossil mon: remove rock type
>Not a fossil mon: add rock type

someone fix this shit
>>
>>32788262
>when you get it from a fossil it gets a rock type
>when you get it in his original form it loses his rock type
what is so hard to unterstand?
>>
>>32786350
Not all, but some.
Aerodactyl and Archeops were probably Normal/Flying.
Tirtouga, Omanyte, and Shieldon lines keep their typing. Anorith becomes Bug/Water, but Armaldo is still Bug/Rock.
Rampardos either becomes Normal, or remains Rock.
Cradily is Grass/Water
Kabuto/tops is Bug/Water
Tyrantrum is probably Mono-Dragon. It's a fucking king, and has nothing "Dark" about it.
Aurorus (Great job by the way) is probably mono-Ice.
>>
>>32790172
>Aurorus (Great job by the way)
Kek
>>
>>32790172
>Tirtouga, Omanyte, and Shieldon lines keep their typing. Anorith becomes Bug/Water, but Armaldo is still Bug/Rock.
Justify this.
>>
>>32786350

No.

The Rock-part of their "original form" is the reason some bodypart of them was well preserved enough for them to be able to be revived in the first place...

Suggesting that there was a different "original" version in the first place means that you either think they were literally the same in every way (no design change either) except the lack of the Rock-type (which is bullshit, because the Rock type is inherent to them in other ways, like their moveset, the fossil-item usually being a "rockier" bodypart like shells, or directly implied in their design), or you think they looked different, had different movesets and everything, which would basically make it a different Pokemon, ultimately contradicting the whole idea of "bringing back THAT pokemon that became extinct"..

The other thing is.. this idea of brining back to life extinct creatures is basically as simple as this:
-obtain well enough preserved sample
-extract the complete DNA
-create a clone
which strongly implies the "fosill pokemon" we know are the same species that went extinct.

Whereas the "maybe they weren't Rock originally"-side would imply the "+Rock" version is exclusively the result of reviving a fossil (still dont see how u get around the cloning issue since it's not like the whole body was preserved and they're given an electric shock to wake back up or whatever..), in which case we would probably see evidence in the offspring (since it doesn't undergo that fossilisation+revival process).
>>
>>32790383
Tirtouga and Omanyte lines are defined by their shells. Shieldon's basic premise is putting the hardest possible thing on the front of a dinosaur, and Rock/Steel is absolutely the hardest combo, even if it isn't the most reliable.
Armaldo's shell is far bulkier and more dominating than Anoriths, to the point that it likely can't swim anymore, and there is already evidence that Bug/Water is a very unstable type combination.
>>
>>32790459
I like this one. This guy's argument is now mine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.