[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that misses Kalos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Pokemon-X-Y-Logo.png (463KB, 956x525px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-Y-Logo.png
463KB, 956x525px
Am I the only one that misses Kalos?
>>
>>32786279
yes
>>
>>32786279
no
>>
>>32786279
maybe
>>
>>32786279
I don't know
>>
Still don't know why people hated this region so much. A million times better than alola imo
>>
You know what i miss ?
The restaurants. It was the best way to level up mons and the batlles weren't totally mindless.
>>
Kalos is one of my favorite regions. It's a shame it never got the treatment it deserved. As much as I love Kalos, it's blatantly obvious how unfinished it is
>>
>>32786309
What ? I didn't feel that at all while playing it.

What do you think was left unfinished ?
>>
I loved it, the whole feel of Kalos is completely unique and stood out - while it wasn't my favourite (Sinnoh ftw), it was certainly my 2nd favourite region.
>>
>>32786279
the year 2015, the gap year is the key. we shouldve gotten Z version THEN, with 100% Zygarde in it, different method of obtaining it though and definitely different ability. 2016 shouldve been the gap year, then sun and moon could have their turn this year. gamefreak has their priorities way off
>>
>>32786328
The random locked doors at the power plant, the ghost girl, those random letters in lumiose, the train station that led to nowhere, the "chamber of emptiness", the sun dial, zygarde as a whole, etc. I could go on and on honestly, there were so many things that were shrouded in mystery that I was expecting to be fleshed out in a third version or sequel that never came to be.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the games. I love the atmosphere of Kalos, and the sheer amount of wild pokemon is amazing. Y version is probably my most played through pokemon game of all time, just because every time I play through it feels different. I was just really hyped for a deluxe version ala platinum and am disappointed that they didn't make one, it honestly would have been one of my favorite games in the series.
>>
>>32786304
>>32786294
Agreed. Kalos felt comforting and whole, even if the story was dumb and the post game was relatively limited. It was a great region, and it set the stage for easy breeding, resulting in a more widespread competitive and/or shiny breeding community, which benefits all players. Also, I didn't realize how much I would miss the PSS and O-powers until Festival Plaza decided to shit in my mouth.
>>
>>32786480
Kalos and Alola are both shit
>>
>>32786480
The fact you have to go through an alternate game mode to use hte gts is fucking ridiculous. God I hate the Plaza.
>>
>>32786480
No.

I'm platinum mad that Alola is getting a 2.0 and Kalos is not getting a Z. I'll never stop being mad.
>>
Memes aside, Kalos had an excellent and diverse Pokemon distribution, you could build a competent and varied team which is different every playthrough you did.
>>
>>32786480
I couldn't agree more. Pokemon Y was my first game back in the series since DP and I was it was an amazing experience. The graphics had everybody hyped, and when it first dropped nobody had access to a 3ds gameshark or the older games. So breeding and trading and battling was fresh and new. The PSS was the icing on the cake and probably one of the best features Pokemon has released period. I never would have guessed they would remove it, it was so good I thought it was a staple in the series like the physical/special split or a new type.
>>32786422
Sun and Moon were rushed out for the anniversary and, in hindsight, I think that was a poor decision on GFs part. It was a great decision financially, I'm sure they raked in stupid amounts of money from all the 20th anniversary hype. But IMO it stained 2 generations with a sense of rushed effort and incompleteness. Look at all the people who aren't hyped for USUM because they feel like GF half assed 3 games and 2 generations in a row. I'm sure USUM will probably be great games, but so few people here have faith in them anymore.
>>
>>32786528
they probably thought "hey lets get these games out asap for the little kids, but screw the rest of the fanbase lets just alienate them!" its like theyre TRYING to lose the older fans by this point
>>
>>32786510
I really don't understand people who got mad because there "weren't enough new pokémon".
I prefer to get ~70 quality pokemon than 100+ shitmons (looking at you gen 5).
Also the addition of fairies gave a second life to old mons and that was great.
>>
>>32786568
Japanese kids find older fans creepy and annoying, thus nothing but lolis and kiddie crap in Aloha.

There will be no one like Aria in Aloha
>>
>>32786280
fpbp
>>
Not really. Route 1 is a fucking joke, Santalune Forest is a literal rehash of Viridian Forest, Lumiose City is a clusterfuck, Geosenge's "destruction" was pathetic and the badlands were outright terrible.
>>
>>32786445

>the ghost girl

Several regions have ghost girls. It doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>32786280
>>32786281
>>32786287
>>32786291
t. Malcolm
>>
>>32786279
I missed the trainers there. There wasn't much hype for the new designs in Sun and Moon as there were in XY and ORAS.
>>
Yes, one of my favorite regions, had some of the best music and atmosphere in the series and the sheer amount of wild Pokemon made it great.

The best anime too
>>
I unironically miss Join Avenue.
Having a store that could hatch 20 eggs a day was fucking nice.
I feel like Festival Plaza took the worst parts of two generations (Join Ave and PSS) and somehow made it even more shit.
>>
>>32786279
I want the Platinum/BW2 treatment with Kalos, in the style of SM.

So:
>hard mode
>your friends have difficult teams and can kick your ass - they all get Mega Rings
>director's cut style story
>ally pokemon and horde battles out the wazoo
>smart AI
>beautiful scenery and vistas
>non-shit Lumiose City with good camera angles and better signage on the lower screen
>expanded roles for Team Flare Admins
>Zygarde cell collection

Gamefreak pls
>>
File: smug erika.png (273KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug erika.png
273KB, 428x600px
>>32786279
yes
i don't miss them, because im replaying them right now
>>
File: snowbellecity.png (306KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
snowbellecity.png
306KB, 530x318px
>>32786304
This.

I can't say I miss Kalos much as a whole since it felt a bit underdeveloped compared to previous regions, but I loved the restaurants as well as PSS. Some of the towns had nice aesthetics as well, such as Lavarre or Snowbelle.
>>
>>32788381
I liked the Sushi High Roller the best, even though you have to pay a hefty amount, but by then, you have more than enough. And I liked the girls' weather-themed teams.
>>
>>32787451
All the other regions got something out of it. Sinnoh, we got the rotom fleshed out in Platinum even though it didn't really need it. Unova, BW2 explained the ghost girl on the bridge with the strange house. My point is nothing ever came of it, which was a first. And what about literally everything else I said? The region was unfinished, there's no way to dispute that.

>>32786498

This is accurate

>>32786510
>>32788155

And this. I'll never understand why people said there were too many pokemon. That just doesn't make sense, how can you have too many available options? This made the sense of exploration on my first playthrough so great, especially since I was going in blind. I genuinely hate finding the same few pokemon on every route with one, maybe two new ones like alola does.

>>32788337

We aren't worthy, anon.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.