[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiny Hunt Weekend /shw/ Half a dozen eggs $2.50 shiny not guaranteed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 79

File: Sneaky Masuda.jpg (55KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky Masuda.jpg
55KB, 500x275px
>What are you hunting?
>Method?
>Last hunt?
>What shiny pokemon would you recolour and what colours would you make it?
>>
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Shiny Cyndaquil
>Method?
MM
>Last hunt?
Totodile
I don't know to be quite honest
>>
File: 768Golisopod.png (143KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
768Golisopod.png
143KB, 418x418px
>What are you hunting?
Nothing. I'm fighting with myself to shiny hunt again.
>Method?
I prefer MM.
>Last hunt?
Fennekin probably.
Pic related
>>
>>32786102
And I just forgot put my nametag on...
>>
>What are you hunting?
Shiny Poliwag to evolve to Politoed, broke 1000 eggs last night. Someone end my suffering
>Method?
Masuda
>Last hunt?
Honedge
Noivern. I'd recolor it to look more like shiny noibat, or maybe go a different direction and make it mainly white. almost anything would be better then it's shiny now.
>>
>What are you hunting?
Staryu
>Method?
SOS battles
>Last hunt?
Bagon on Wednesday, turns out being unemployed until August gives me plenty of time to hunt
Alola Raichu to either blue or a brighter version of what it is
>>
>>32786109
Finally got the damn thing 1081 eggs and it's got Damp. the worst ability I could have got for it.

Not sure if I should just keep going and hatch another one or just SOS chain. I can live without Encore.
>>
File: its not very good.jpg (1MB, 1784x2802px) Image search: [Google]
its not very good.jpg
1MB, 1784x2802px
>>32786753
Acquired after 106 encounters, not sure if I should go for machop or cubone next.
>>
>What are you hunting?
Pichu
>Method?
SOS
>Last Hunt?
Feebas around S/M coming out. I did manage to find one and catch it
>What shiny pokemon would you recolor and what colors would you make it?
Dusknoir, I'd make it red like how Duskull and Dusclops are
>>
File: ShinyHunt82.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyHunt82.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32786036
>>What are you hunting?
Cutiefly
>>Method?
MM
>>Last hunt?
Colo Tyranitar
>>What shiny pokemon would you recolour and what colours would you make it?

I dunno

I'm thinking of suspending this Cutiefly hunt to go reset for something in ORAS. What should I reset for? I've got the Lake Trio/Cresselia/Virizion/Terrakion/Regirock/Registeel, and i got the gen 2 beasts and palkia/giratina from events.
>>
>500+ Eggs
>No shiny
I don't have the patience for this shit.
>>
>>32788674
Come back when you break 1000 eggs.
>>
>>32786036
Trying to get a shiny ditto in friend safari, but thinking about going back to Soulsilver to softreset for a shiny starter since you can check if any of the 3 are shiny. I put a few thousand soft resets into that a while ago before getting bored.

>Last hunt

Fuck me, I don't know. I accidentally got a shiny Audino a couple days ago while looking for this Ditto. My last dedicated hunt was shiny Minior which I ended up getting in like 8 eggs or something
>>
>>32786036
Red Poliwrath
>>
>>32786036
I have been SOS chaining for a beldum for 5 days straight, what are the odds of my 3DS exploding
>>
File: ShinyMareep14.png (42KB, 707x753px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyMareep14.png
42KB, 707x753px
give me something to reset
>>
SOS battlefags, how long do you keep at a chain until you reset? I know max is 255 but I find it hard to keep myself going after 150 encointers
>>
File: WIN_20170613_16_13_09_Pro.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170613_16_13_09_Pro.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Cryogonal in OR and Thundurus & Zekrom in AS.
>Method?
DexNav and SRing, respectively. (602 for Thundurus, 2,600 for Zekrom atm)
>Last hunt?
Pic related in only 244 SRs in AS.
Houndour & Houndoom for sure, and make the blue possibly gray or anything else except blue.

Current progress:
https://pokedextracker.com/u/Psyyy/shiny-living-dex
>>
File: 1494656853643.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1494656853643.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
What red shinies should i get? I have Gyrados and Scolipede already.
>>
>What are you hunting?
Nothing at the moment but thinking about trying to get a shiny Adamant Sheer Force Totodile with Dragon Dance/Ice Punch/Aqua Jet. Already have a couple 5IV missing Sp.Att and a couple 6IV all with HA but they're not shiny
>Method?
I'd use MM, obviously
>Last hunt?
Shiny Munchlax with Pickup. It took 3 shinies to get but it was for a shiny Pickup team so it's worth it
Feraligatr is my favorite pokemon but I don't care for it's shiny colors. That's why I haven't decided whether I'm gonna try for the shiny or not. I never thought about what colors I'd change it to cause I actually really like the normal colors
>>
>>32789859
Drapion
>>
>>32789859
Do you consider Sandslash's shiny to be red? The spikes look great. Breloom would be my second suggestion. You already have the best (in my opinion) looking red shiny with Scolipede
>>
>>32789859
MM a Litwick or Cranidos and evolve them.

>>32789870
>Feraligatr
As a Johtoddler and a big fan of Feraligatr, you should totally do it. I feel you for the colors as well. A little darker turquoise on it couldn't hurt as far as a re-done shiny.
>>
>>32789901
I was considering getting the largely red ones first and then ones with notable red parts like Terrakion with his bold red horns
>>
>>32789707
Whenever I feel like stopping I just close my 3ds and go back to it later, or at least try to find a mon with its ha before ending the chain at <255.

>>32789859
Talonflame, charjabug, dhelmise, and blaziken.
>>
Currently hunting for a Shiny Lileep
Using MM
Hunted for a Shiny Dieno but found a Machop instead
I dunno
>>
File: getting closer.jpg (1MB, 2759x1812px) Image search: [Google]
getting closer.jpg
1MB, 2759x1812px
>>32787199
>>32786753

On a roll today guys. Debating if I should go for beldum or totodile
>>
File: 20170613_214302.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_214302.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Experienced my first shiny loss while on a trip in Arizona. Found pic related while on the plane and the next day it left me despite leaving beans everywhere and resetting.

I already have one, but it was my first shiny in pelago.
>>
>>32790881
>checking the pelago pokemon in general

Can't lose a shiny in pelago if you never know they're shiny
>>
>What are you hunting?
673 eggs in for sandle hopefully it hatches soon.
>Method?
MM
>Last hunt?
Tyranitar got two lartivar pretty quick so i knew the next one was gonna be a long one
>What shiny pokemon would you recolour and what colours would you make it? Most green shinys an anything other color than the nasty green Color.
>>
File: worried_quagsire.png (9KB, 121x122px) Image search: [Google]
worried_quagsire.png
9KB, 121x122px
>box 27
>no shiny

I hate Sun
>>
>>32787167
Congrats an even tho you got the wrong ability. I got a shiny poliwag now a (politoad) on accident sos'ing for a regular politoad to get the charm. I barely could tell it was shiny. Glad your also a politoad bro it has a nice shiny
>>
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Snubble, Shuppet, Dusclops
>Method?
MMing Snubble while I walk around a ghost friend safari for shuppet and dusclops
>Last hunt?
Mespirit, just got her today after a week long hunt
Maybe Espeon, one of my favorite pokemon but a victim of puke green shiny coloration. Maybe make it more purple or blue?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
PBR's really nice to me lately. Not really hunting for anything right now.
>>
>>32790881
I had a Kadabra run from Pelago, what I did was stick the cart in another 3ds, resetting time events, this gave me another roll, it stayed.
>>
File: 456789.gif (117KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
456789.gif
117KB, 300x200px
>>32791565
>hunting in PBR and getting results

What in the fuck are you doing anon?
>>
>>32791388
MM sucks fucking ass in SM due to cruddy RNG. It's honestly better to do it in Gen 6.

If you ARE going to MM in SM though, use Homebrew and a program that reads your Shiny Value and a seed.

Here's a guide for reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonrng/comments/66j4l8/shiny_egg_rng_guide_no_mm_or_shiny_charm/

>inb4 reddit
I know. Fuck off.
>>
>>32791613
I'd rather hatch in Star Sapphire but Cutiefly isn't a gen 6 pokemon.
>>
>>32791632
Shit dude, best of luck to you. If you start to go insane, remember that RNG abuse might be the only way around your struggle. You might have a horribly shitty seed.
>>
>>32791565
PBR is underrated. Sure the the main part is boring but the wifi battles give me nostalgia like nothing else.
>>
>>32791648
I keep doing the Magikarp Swap deal. Last time i hatched in SM it took me 1665 or so eggs. Meanwhile back in AS/Y i get stuff like 1/3/10 box hunts
>>
>What are you hunting?
Nothing at the moment, but dreading when I get to my Shiny Female Abra hunt since I just caught a Dwebble with no Shiny Charm boost
>Method?
Hatching
>Last hunt?
Froakie I think?
Dwebble. Make the rock black and the body a bright gold or a sapphire blue
>>
File: tumblr_onerhj3qqD1u8qmzeo1_1280.png (658KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onerhj3qqD1u8qmzeo1_1280.png
658KB, 1280x1280px
>>32791662
I know how it is, man. I used to love hatching back in AS. Shit was so easy and the RNG wasn't so straight forward.

I remember back in January when some anons and I were tinkering around with the RNG in the game, and I was the guinea pig that hatched about 30 boxes worth of Mimikyu, then reset to before I hatched them all, then hatched about 15 boxes of Minior and I got my shiny.

I remember being both happy and sad about it, mainly because MM was technically made easier and more exploitable, but it also feels really robotic.
>>
>>32791689
SM probably has some of the worst shiny hunting, especially coming off of gen 6, where i really started to pick it up. I'm actually starting to miss Colosseum, at least with those shinies i can straight up brag about the sheer rarity of it. Here it's just "oh wow i got a shiny that took 58 boxes to get."
>>
>>32791716
Yeah, SOS battles don't do it for me. Too much preparation in my opinion. Yet here I am, hunting a shiny Lillipup right as we speak even though I should be doing it in AS via DexNav.

Hunting in the console games seems masochistic haha, any luck that you've had with those games?
>>
File: Shiny shadow Skarmory.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny shadow Skarmory.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>32791734
I attention whore with my Skarmory and Tyranitar.

>928 Ttar SR's compared to 810+ eggs and nothing at 16x better odds
>>
File: ucheekycunt.jpg (679KB, 2305x1429px) Image search: [Google]
ucheekycunt.jpg
679KB, 2305x1429px
>>32790495
And a successful beldum hunt, couldn't get it in a matching ball since it was cutting very close. I'm done with SOS battles for now and will probably start MM
>>
>One month of hunting for Palkia and still no shiny
Please make it end
>>
File: IMG_20170614_144505833.jpg (945KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170614_144505833.jpg
945KB, 1456x2592px
I'm still hunting shiny dewpider I have no idea how many boxes of eggs it has been but I activated my Pokemon bank the other day and I've received 2000 battle points from it coz I wonder trade all my breeding project leftovers I have been hunting dewpider for months now so not sure if the BP are indicative of the amount of eggs I've hatched

Hopefully shiny lil dewpider pops soon so I can move on to hatching some other shinies I want for my adventure team
>>
>>32791762
You're making me nostalgic for Colosseum/GoD.

Hopefully that console game that Gamefreak is working on will bring back that same feeling of wonder.

Congrats though. 928 SRs pre-Gen 6 is really good. I got my shiny Mewtwo in Leaf Green in ~9000 SR.
>>
>>32791799
I just hope the game isn't like the Lillie Show.
>>
>>32791815
Yeah, way too much focus on a character that can't even battle. She steals the spotlight from other more interesting characters, like Hau and Guzma. Not to mention that you're kind of her bitch boy from start to finish, battling for her and, more importantly, saving Nebby on the bridge which almost costed you your life.
>>
>>32791857
>She steals the spotlight from other more interesting characters, like Hau

Don't make me laugh. But yeah, story in pokemon's always been bad, especially with how damned frequent it is lately.
>>
File: 14976731349332115341332.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
14976731349332115341332.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Got her in only 26 calls i was so surprised. What should i nickname her ? Dammit calm nature an big pecks im pissed. Looks like ill have to chain it again an hopefully get a flame body one for shiny egg hatcher
>>
>>32791904
Name it "why didn't you safari hunt"
>>
File: adc.png (330KB, 709x404px) Image search: [Google]
adc.png
330KB, 709x404px
>>32791872
>Hau
He's more complex than people give him credit for imo. A lot of his happy-go-lucky personality is implied to be a sham, and does it to cover up his insecurities kind of like me in real life now that I think about it.

Regardless, the big issue with Pokemon's story is that there's elements that can tell a decent narrative but are never fully utilized. The best example I can think of is the mess that is XY's story. Almost nothing's properly explained besides the Ultimate Weapon, Lysandre's goals are fucking retarded in BOTH games, and the characters. Jesus Christ the characters. I understand people complain about Hau all the time, but his entire character feels like a parody of the XY rivals. They're all so one-dimensional and boring despite having backstory that's never elaborated on, because fuck effort.

I really hope they don't squander Gen 7's overall theme and story. There is so much potential to be had regarding Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space, not to mention that we haven't seen Zygarde be properly represented yet.
>>
>>32791904
Im a dummy it does get flame body tell i evolve it. Any ideas what i should sos next?
>>32791920 im only doing gen 7 hunting because i don't want to buy bank again yet.
>>
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Staryu
>Method?
MM
>Last hunt?
Morelull
I would reverse the colors of Krookodile.
>>
>>32791951
Cant go wrong with Fomantis
>>
>>32791932
Yeah isn't there a part where Gladion is all "Yo, stop being such a fucking pathetic faggot, I see right through you."
>>
>>32792302
Your right i don't have one yet either. That will be next after pichu
>>
>Darkrai
>SR
>Shaymin
>Totodile, orange

Done.
>>
What are you hunting?
Scatterbug. Well actually I'm replaying X with a changed region to get the pattern I want then I'll breed for it.
>Method?
MM
>Last hunt?
Corsola
Idk. I'd change many of the puke green shinies. For example Orange Espeon or Black Ursaring.

Also a bit of help. I was training in ORAS some older mons in the Blissey Bases but something's not right. I haven't messed with the clock yet yesterday I could only battle them only if I made them my pals. And today I can't battle them at all. I though only the day has to pass to be able to rematch them or do I have to wait a full 24hours?
>>
>>32791668
And now I got a shiny Fletchling in Santalune Forest, so of course no Gale Wings

Why is all my luck burning out on mons I can't even use competitively?
>>
>>32792637
Green Espeon is one of the greens that actually works, I think. Because Umbreon is a blue moon and Espeon is a Green Flash - a hard to catch phenomenon where the sun looks green just as it is setting
>>
>>32792668
Maybe but aesthetically it doesn't look good at least in my opinion.
>>
>>32792311
I think that's around the first Gladion encounter in the game, but yeah I'm glad you see my point.
>>
>>32792889
It's great whenever his facade cracks and you see something resembling a bit of hatred for you

It's like I'm his own personal Blue
>>
>What are you hunting?
Pheromosa, looking for one Timid and one Jolly, the other two I don't care about
>Method?
Running in a cave
>Last hunt?
Catching Timid Nihilego
>What did you find?
Shiny Zubat. No Shiny Charm, either. I'm a little disappointed, but I caught it in a Heal Ball so it'll match Crobat's shiny color.
>>
File: hau.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
hau.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>>32792992
Pic related
>>
File: IMG_19iz65.jpg (125KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_19iz65.jpg
125KB, 1024x576px
I hatched this after 6 boxes, heal ball, her name is Cofabulous!
>>
>>32793643
Congratulations qt anon!
>>
Shiny dewpider where r u...
>>
Give me ideas for ny next hunt. Cleffa, Psyduck, or Yungoos
>>
>>32794379
Go for Psyduck
>>
>>32794379
Go for migraneduck
>>
>>32786036
It's hot and i'm hunting shinys, lads.
>>
File: pup.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
pup.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
bumping thread with these piece of shit i found earlier

I'll keep hunting Ditto
>>
Recommendations on what to hunt in the friend safari?
>>
>>32796417
Depends what you like, man. I was pretty thrilled with my shiny metang that I found in friend safari and then not even a month later there was a shiny metagross event that everyone could get for free. I was pissed.
>>
>>32796417
Wooper/Vivillon/Duosion/Spiritomb
>>
>>32796435
Ah man that blows. At least you know you earned one of em though
Im going for a living shiny dex, im at 400 or so right now so im running out of options so basically anything I dont have yet
My only problem is most of the safaris I have, i already have one or two of the pokemon in it shiny, and I dont wanna waste an hour running around for a duplicate, ya know?
>>
>What are you hunting?
Snorlax
>Method?
MM
>Last hunt?
Shinx
Honestly my kingrdras, wish it wasn't so purple
>>
>What are you hunting?
Dhelmise
>Method?
MM
>Last hunt?
Ralts
Swanna, gamefreak really dropped the ball by not having a black swan palette.
>>
>>32796478
damn man, that's a lot of shinies
here I was thinking I was cool shit for having a box or two of friend safari shinies, lol
>>
so after filling up my back after like two MM and having to release everything not 6IV what are you doing with your breedjects?
>>
>>32796533
I even have a 4 page spreadsheet on all their info. Its about 4 years worth of shiny hunting autism info
Only half or so are mine though, Ive traded a lot using my duplicate/competitive pokemon I breed
>>
File: 20170617_171151.jpg (444KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_171151.jpg
444KB, 800x563px
Finally after 835 eggs, this little bird shined! I will use him to finish Sun version.
>>
File: IMG_1326.jpg (201KB, 990x1297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1326.jpg
201KB, 990x1297px
starting another after being out of the game since January. Going after Toxepex, MM, no charm.
>>
>>32796899
wrong pic?
>>
File: 1.png (49KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
49KB, 540x404px
After a large number of resets at the old chateau, he is here to separate the darks from the whites.

Unfortunately this is on an emulator so if anyone has tips on how to get it from desmume platinum to 3ds moon that would be swell
>>
>>32796925
There's two ways to do this.

First method (no save altering/injecting ingame):
Use the Export backup memory option on desmume to get a .sav of your Platinum save. Then, use FBI on a modded 3DS to import the save onto your Platinum cartridge. Transfer up from there.

Second method (save editing/injecting):
Extract your Pokemon from your save using Pkhex. Then inject it into your Moon save. The game considers it identical to Bank-transferred Platinum mons.
>>
>>32797057
Or he could use two DS and R4 then thansfer the pokemon to an original cartridge and so on.
>>
>What are you hunting?
Trapinch
>Method?
SoS
>Last hunt?
Comfey
Make Espeon a light yellow or anything that's not lime green
>>
File: IMG_0645.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Just got this after 460 eggs
>>
File: ShinyHunt90.png (94KB, 1326x623px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyHunt90.png
94KB, 1326x623px
>29 boxes
>nothing

me right now
>>
>7 generations
>still no shiny minisprites/icons for pokemon in the PC box/when viewing party
Why? It can't be that hard?
>>
>>32798982
Colosseum did it, why can't GF?
>>
been sos chaining dewpider for 8 hiurs
>>
>never shiny hunted before
>might try breeding for one of my favorites

How long does this usually take?
I have my shiny charm.
>>
>>32799313
Ur lucky if u get Ur shiny quickly. The charm helps. Who is Ur favourite, anon?
>>
>>32799337
I'm gonna go for Lickitung first because I like how absurd yellow Lickilicky looks.

Then I might go for Swirlix if I can find a hidden ability one
>>
File: editshinysnorlax.png (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
editshinysnorlax.png
13KB, 256x256px
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Rayquaza in Platinum Randomizer.
>Method?
Random Encounters.
>Last hunt?
I don't even remember, honestly.
Snorlax! I would make her a deeper green. Kinda like pic related. Maybe a bit lighter.
>>
File: editshinysnorlax2.png (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
editshinysnorlax2.png
13KB, 256x256px
>>32799494
edit: changed my mind on the snorlax palette
I like this one better
>>
>>32799373
Nice choices anon, I wish u luck
>>
>>32786036
Using the friend safari again is quite refreshing after MM for a lot of the SM shinies.
>>
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Nothing at the moment, breeding for competitive, hoping I get lucky during the process.
>Method?
When I was hunting, swap breeding. AKA Masuda's Mystical Magikarp Mission
>Last hunt?
Luxury ball competitive sandygast. 1300 fucking eggs. With MM and charm
Make alakazam white with the normal pink/purple color
>>
>What are you hunting?
Salazzle in a Premier Ball
>Method?
Masuda Method
>Last hunt?
Type Null, but I gave up on it for a while
Pikachu. Maybe make him look like Raichu.
>>
>>32799288
Well my chain broke

Also apparently shiny sloowbro has been seen but idk where
>>
Why is shw so dead this weekend
>>
>>32800319
Because i'm 30+ boxes in on Cutiefly and i wanna fuckin die. Gen 6 was far kinder to me with shinies, but i've had nothing but over odds hunts in Sun.
>>
>>32800333
I'm at least 20 boxes in on dewpider and broke a chain that had been going on and off over two days. It's crappy, I empathise with you anon.

What is it about sun and moon and bad shiny hunting?
>>
File: burn everything.jpg (298KB, 557x1009px) Image search: [Google]
burn everything.jpg
298KB, 557x1009px
>>32800359
The RNG's fucked, just look at the magikarp swapping to know that. In less than a box I'll have passed the amount of resets i did for Colo Ttar, which has 16x worse odds and like 5x longer encounter times. And you can go and say "well thats just how odds are it could be 20 eggs or 2000 eggs" but i have never had a single good hunt in SM. I went over odds three times over for Mimikyu, and this Shiny Charm is as useless as that """Strange Souvenir"""

The worst thing is, there's basically no other way to hunt. SoS has that bug, and even if it didn't have it, it takes forever for a pokemon to call, vastly inferior to Dexnav. Outside that, you have the exactly 4 resettable pokemon, and 3 of them are the starters you could just breed for. There's not even chain fishing anymore, and even if there was, I hope you like golden Magikarps that evolve into the most common shiny ever. In terms of shiny hunting and my opinion of the game in general, going from gen 6 to gen 7 is like playing Ocarina of Time and then going on to fucking Spirit Tracks. I'd be better off back in Colosseum, because at least then i can say i have a shiny shadow pokemon, instead of "oh i hatched for a pokemon like everybody else"
>>
>>32800408
I'm trying to find more Info on the rng and the SOS stuff
>>
>>32800408
>In less than a box I'll have passed the amount of resets i did for Colo Ttar, which has 16x
i hope you are not resetting in SM, the values are fixated and you would be getting the same exact box every time
>>
I just broke through my aversion to Shiny Hunting and now I want to go for Shiny Mareep (I got one in a Dream Ball from WT) Any EM that I should breed to it and with what nature should I go?
>>
>>32800972
The only egg move worth your time is Agility. As for the nature, you can go with quiet with 0 speed IVs for TR(though its hard to set up and don't recommend it) modest or timid. Not sure which nature is best but I'd go for a modest with agility set up. You can look up Smogon for some pointers
>>
>>32800408
>The RNG's fucked, just look at the magikarp swapping to know that.
The RNG isnt bad, its just slightly changed. Instead of instances of say saving before you gather 5 eggs and then getting a shiny but failing to save after and losing it in the case of power failure the RNG seed now guarantees that even if you turn off your ds that same egg will be shiny, at the cost of the possibility of getting a bad seed that could take hundreds if not thousands of eggs to guarantee a shiny. Frankly id rather the guarantee of having a shiny backed up by the seed at the cost of it possibly taking a little longer due to the seed.

>The worst thing is, there's basically no other way to hunt. SoS has that bug, and even if it didn't have it, it takes forever for a pokemon to call, vastly inferior to Dexnav.
Theres no conclusive proof that it is a bug, for all we know it could have been intentionally coded to reset after 255 encounters, Why? i dont know but its not like its something that ultimately affects the outcome, you will still likely get a shiny through SoS. As for the calling, different pokemon have different call rates, and it makes sense that a small caterpillar is likely to call for backup than a dragon. Meanwhile Dexnaving in caves and while surfing is harder than SoS as the pokemon move around thus requiring more effort to chain them.
>>
File: frozenduck.jpg (1MB, 1917x2608px) Image search: [Google]
frozenduck.jpg
1MB, 1917x2608px
>>32794381
>>32794559
Was busy yesterday so didn't get much time to play but I managed to get one this morning. Probably go for alola meowth now
>>
>>32801899
Congrats
>>
File: mimi.jpg (526KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
mimi.jpg
526KB, 1000x1333px
neato
>>
How far into XY do you have to get before you can find an Onix?

And what nature is best for it? Not sure if I'm going to breed it to be a mega or not yet.
>>
>>32802479
I think you can find it in the glittering cave.
>>
>>32800881
Nah, i'm hatching a box, releasing, and saving before i do another box, with the intent to reset IF i get a shiny.

>for all we know it could have been intentionally coded to reset after 255 encounters

There is no logical reason for this to even happen, you shouldn't be punished for maintaining such a streak. If it was called at 255, meaning the rate couldn't go higher then it'd be okay, but here if you got a shiny on #256, it'll have 0ivs and no chance for a hidden ability. Different call rates are stupid, using an orb should guarantee they try calling. Dexnav in caves/surfing/desert, well you can get many of them in the friend safari at least.

>>32802479
Glittering Cave, it might be a rock smash pokemon but i forget
>>
>What are you hunting?
Just got male cutiefly after 374 eggs
>Method?
MM missed both attack ivs
>Last hunt?
Mimikyu
Dragonite, probably same colors just brighter.
>>
Mass release option when?
>>
>>32802795
This.
>>
>>32802795
Even the ability to release from the bank. I stick boxes full into a cartridge and delete the save myself
>>
File: 20170618_124504.jpg (4MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_124504.jpg
4MB, 3264x1836px
I am preparing for USUM and ended up hatching this little turd by mistake. Should have gone with Adamant.
>>
>>32802795
Never because muh ethics
>>
>>32803275
The fuck? May you explain?
>>
>>32803294
When you release a mon it says 'Bye Bye ___' and stuff like that. What I'm trying to say is that GF is really pushing this trainer mon connection or whatever and releasing should be a sad event so having a mass release option would mean that there is no connection and they can be easily discarded.
>>
>>32803469
Yeah, right. But wouldn't mass release increase playability a bit?
>>
>>32803469
and yet GF heavily encourages disgusting amounts of breeding.
>>
>>32803512
Idk that's just what I think.
>>32803515
Not so sure about that especially with hyper training... then again rather training in SM to lv 100...I'd breed hundreds of eggs
>>
>>32803554
Hyper training shouldn't have the level 100 requirement, level 50 would be good. Facilities, online, all set to level 50. Also, the whole "trainer mon connection" doesn't mean anything when you can't do much with pokemon in general outside fighting
>>
>>32803581
Amie/Refresh made Pokemon more lively, but yeah. I don't really get this "connection" between mon and trainer, since you don't "bond" with a Pokemon at the moment you got/hatched it. It still takes some time, so game-wise it means nothing.
>>
File: IMG_20170609_023957 resized.jpg (839KB, 1652x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170609_023957 resized.jpg
839KB, 1652x984px
i find this little baby without phriend zaphari i love it
>>
>>32803581
Yea I completely but they have been force feeding this shit for ages like mega evolution bond and trainer mon perf sync for Z-moves so that's why I'm skeptical and as much as I would like I'm not sure GF is gonna add that feature at least not in game but maybe in the bank at some point hopefully.
>>
>>32803629
completely agree*
>>
>>32803629
>muh perfect sync
>muh bond
>you can just catch a route 1 shitmon and instantly use the zmove

It'd work better if there was more to the game than just fights
>>
>>32803652
Yes. Plus like you said you can just literally just slap a megastone/z crystal on a freshly caught/breed mon and no problem. Those are just empty words but the fact that they still use them is what really gets me. I know it sounds good and stuff but if you don't do something in the game to feel that way it's meaningless
>>
What are the odds if I'm using a a Japanese ditto and just my own Pokemon for the masuda method? First time shiny hunting.
>>
400 eggs in and still no shiny totodile but I will keep going on
>>
File: IMG_1045.jpg (3MB, 3132x1884px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1045.jpg
3MB, 3132x1884px
been busy during the weekend so egg production was low, but luckily enough i got this in under 4 boxes
>>
>takes me 3-4 hours to hatch a single box

I'd rather be doing nothing than hatching eggs.
>>
Instead of the 6+ boxes of text the daycare guy really should just say "Your pokemon was holding an egg, want it?"
>>
>>32804497
1/512 with shiny charm
1/1366 without the shiny charm
>>
>>32805932
>1/512

Gonna be a long ride.
>>
>>32805979
Good luck and welcome to hell. The ride truly never ends
>>
File: volcarona shiny.png (85KB, 350x302px) Image search: [Google]
volcarona shiny.png
85KB, 350x302px
repeat ball for shiny volcarona?
>>
File: Spr_7s_709_s.png (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_7s_709_s.png
11KB, 240x240px
>>32803621
gets even neater when it evolves, found one in my pelageo
>>
>>32805888
>GF
>subtlety
pick one and only one
>>
>>32806402
wait we can actually get shiny pokemon from Pelago

well I guess I'm going to have to log in more often to check my visitors
>>
File: pelageo shiny birch.jpg (371KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pelageo shiny birch.jpg
371KB, 600x800px
>>32806614
aye, we can, but you'll have to check the pokemon itself, the island sprite is as usual. when you tap it and bean man says 'oh he just might decide to stay' you'll see it in the model.
>>
What would be considered the most popular shiny Pokémon to breed? Froakie? Eevee?
>>
>>32807897
Eevee starters pikachu riolu and pseudos probably.
>>
File: Shiny Spearow.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Spearow.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Tentacool in FireRed
>Method?
Random encounter, currently at 7895
>Last hunt?
Spearow after 373 REs
I's make Torterra's Shiny different somehow
I love the mon but I hate it's Shiny's yellow
>>
This weekend has been so dry...
>>
>>32808382
I know that feel.
>>
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Girafirig in soulsilver
>Method?
Not even mesuda, just making em have eggs and hatching those because i don't have a foreign ditto
>Last hunt?
also this
<Reason?
Twas a summer day at my grandma's house, me, my brother and two bigger nephews were having put vacation at her's, and i brought pokemon silver, which i played on my black classic gba
heading to the lake of rage through some grass in route 43 when suddenly, an encounter
and i saw in front of me a shiny girafarig
i tried to catch it, worrying that one of my pokemon would crit it and make it faint
keep chucking balls
doesn't get in
eventualy, the balls run out
have two options, namely:
hit the girafarig so it faints and ends the battle
spare it and run away
i chose for the latter
and thus, the shiny girafarig became my white whale
bayleaf, gold-er so it would fit in the line
>>
>>32786036
>shiny onix - 300 eggs in
>MM always
>last hatch was Bruxish named him "c8lin Jenner" because it looks like an ugly tranny
>>
File: 20170503_193237-3024x2268999.jpg (2MB, 3024x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170503_193237-3024x2268999.jpg
2MB, 3024x2268px
>>
Btw, If you aren't swap breeding with MM, you are a fucking rookie
>>
>been MMing snubble for weeks now, no luck, probably one of my longest hunts
>take a break to breed a couple of pokemon for my Alpha Sapphire run
>Shiny Cacnea with shit nature and ball bc I wasnt trying to make it perfect

what have I done to deserve this pain?
>>
I was breeding for a Chimchar with egg moves and got a shiny. Gonna use it in the Tiny Tourney as Monferno.
>>
>>32791716
I fail to understand how 900 SRs is more impressive than hatching 58 boxes. That shit takes forever
>>
>>32812352
same thing happened to me a week ago, good luck anon
>>
File: ditto.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
ditto.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
my 1 week hunt is finally over, Jolly and Imposter, pretty happy with it since I wasn't expecting anything special

not sure if I should start SR'ing for a shiny starter in soulsilver or MM'ing pumpkaboo, feel free to suggest
>>
>>32813059
Congrats.

Definitely mm
>>
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Next project is either Wimpod or Bountsweet. Thoughts?
>Method?
Masuda
>Last hunt?
Mimikyu - managed to get it after 422 eggs. Nowhere near as bad as my previous MM hunt for Popplio - that bugger took nearly 100 boxes, but I did get a shiny female out of it.
Scizor, hands-down. Make it either a solid black or dark blue with red highlights. Either would make it look SO much better.
>>
>>32813059

nice little guy there! and it depends. what starter are you going to go for? i'm leaning towards the pumpkaboo idea, since i love its shiny a lot
>>
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
No idea, but I want to start chaining for something in Sun. Any suggestions, y'all?

>Method
I really love chaining since it's so god damn easy this gen. But MM is also good.

>Last hunt
Morelull.

>Recolor?
Never liked Umbreon's shiny. I would prefer if it the rings remained gold, but its fur was switched for a light cream or off-white.

Also, Tues+Wed is technically my weekend, so I'm ready to buckle down and start.
>>
File: I will never evolve you.jpg (956KB, 2641x1752px) Image search: [Google]
I will never evolve you.jpg
956KB, 2641x1752px
Got this little guy after only 50 SOS encounters, 5/6 IV with good nature. I don't feel like I want to evolve it because of how goddamn ugly Persian is
>>
File: 1486260064341.jpg (6KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1486260064341.jpg
6KB, 250x238px
>no O-powers
>no shiny charm
>no oval charm
This hunt is harder than I thought.
>>
>>32814568
What's ability does it have?
Parting Shot A-Persian is pretty fun.
>>
File: IMG_20170620_104145.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_104145.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
Who even cares about the shiny charm?? Gen 6 RNG is based!!!
>>
>>32815861
And here it is evolved
>>
File: IMG_20170620_114741.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_114741.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>32816085
Forgot pic
>>
>what are you hunting?
Yungoos
>method?
chain
>last hunt
Cubone
>>
>>32815861
Gratz :)
>>
File: Snapshot_20170620_7.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20170620_7.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
Gotcha! and i used a beast ball
>>
>>32816091
truly the perfect shiny Vivillon
>>
File: IMG_20170620_160057.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_160057.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
There he is trained transferred and hyper trained.
>>32816217
>>32816671
Thanks
>>
Hoping to get a shiny Dhelmise whilst fishing for caps. I've got time to burn since i need a lot of caps.
>>
>>32816091
Thats a beautiful shiny. Congrats friend
>>
>>32815861
>Gen 6 RNG is based
Amen to that.
>>
Coming back after a year, my sun game is about to arrive and i wonder how do i get a HA rowlet?, i want to breed a shiny one, google is not helping
>>
>>32816977
It hasn't been released yet, unfortunately.
>>
>>32816981
wow, after all this time, HA on X Y where just there on friend safary. Oh well
>>
>>32816987
I know, and it's disappointing. It's hard to even say when they'll be released at this point, but surely before Ultra Sun & Moon.
>>
>>32816987
I know that feel. I've been wanting to hunt for Rowley and Litten for a long while I just can't wait for those HAs to be released. Maybe when they finish distributing the mega stones?
>>
>>32817057
wait, i cant get the megastones in game? how do i get them?
>>
>>32817075
You can get only a couple of them in-game. The rest were distributed over tournaments and WiFi event codes. I think the last one is still active. Go to serebii and check the giveaway page.
>>
>>32817147
AZUL
INTIMIDATE
M2DESCENT

Are all active.
>>
>mfw I almost just released a Shiny Scyther while breeding

jfc it barely looks any different. I don't even want to think how many mons I released while breeding.
>>
>>32805979
>>32804497

12+ boxes in. Still no shiny.
>>
>>32814406
Decided I'm gonna go after shiny Magby. Wish me luck!
>>
Hey guys, I have all 3ds pokemon game, what is the best way to shiny hunt across X/Y, ORAS and SM ?

I'll be forced to do SM specific method for gen 7 mon, but I was wondering for the rest.

At least in ORAS you could egg all day by holding right without looking at it.
>>
File: image1.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>32817763
I can't believe how quickly she appeared. Although, she appeared only on a chain of 24, so her IVs are trash. At least she's cute! Maybe I should start another hunt.
>>
>>32812008
Isnt regular MM better
>>
>>32812352
I love the chimchar lines shinys also congrats on the monkey. I love my shiny infernape.
>>
>>32818571
No way
>>
File: WIN_20170620_15_05_17_Pro.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170620_15_05_17_Pro.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
This looks hella dope. Gotta hatch another one.
>>
File: 20170619_202439-2268x3024.jpg (1MB, 2268x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170619_202439-2268x3024.jpg
1MB, 2268x3024px
>>32818571
Just got this after 384 magikarps. If I hatched that many onix it would have taken 2 or 3 times longer
>>
File: IMG_5552.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5552.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
cool
>>
File: the good doctor.png (83KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
the good doctor.png
83KB, 450x470px
>>32818915
whatchog's even cooler, I still use mine I got from my first 20 minutes into BW
>>
>>32819063
Exactly why I wanna go for another. Can't have one without the other.
>>
File: DSC_0088.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0088.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
HOLY LORD JESUS CHRIST ON MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY THANK YOU

6602 SR
>>
>>32819932
Modest synchronize failed but it came out as rash which is also fantastic. What a great present.
>>
>>32819932
6602 SR?!

Dude wtf...
>>
>>32820029
What's so weird about it?
>>
>>32819932
>>32820060
>>32820029
probably because they literally gave this pokemon away at a gamestop event, along with palkia, both shiny in spiffy cherish balls.
>>
>>32819932
Congrats and happy birthday anon, let's hope my Tentacool shines before 10000
>>
File: Poo Bear.jpg (2MB, 2661x1879px) Image search: [Google]
Poo Bear.jpg
2MB, 2661x1879px
Anyone got any good nicknames for this little fucker? I was thinking of Poo Bear but I feel its too common
>>
>>32820060
And how much time it must have taken for almost 7 THOUSAND SR. I could never...lol
>>
>>32820112
>he thinks handout shines are worth anything
lmao
i've gotten most of the event pokemon over the last few years but at least I'm aware that they're garbage
>>
>>32820176
takes less than an hour to do 100sr
I could probably do 500 absentmindedly while watching shows or something. thats a couple weeks anon
>>
>>32820161
Pedobear

Kek
>>32820196
>a couple weeks for handout shiny

Ayy lmao
>>
>>32820176
Lol check this casual
>>
>>32820212
how dumb do you have to be to say this? just curious
you realize that shinies of nearly every legendary have been handed out at some point, right? might as well just not soft reset for any of them

while you're at it don't even bother going to catch the legendary pokemon in your games because they're just handouts right lol
>>
>>32820152
Thanks anon, wishing you the best of luck.

>>32820176
It's really not that bad, especially considering that I got the shiny in under odds. Just SR on the side while watching YouTube videos or TV.
>>
Tfw I use powersaves. Btw I just traded a jap for a jpn tapu koko, powersaved it shiny, and now it works on ranked. Suck my dick no job neet niggers.
>>
>>32820215
Probably hatched more shinies then you, faggot. I'm just gonna gonna spend weeks to get 1 fucking shiny that you could have gotten for free, dumbass.
>>
>>32820411
Kek
>>
>>32820478
Than you*
Not gonna*

Nigger autocorrect
>>
File: IMG_2120.png (72KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2120.png
72KB, 449x498px
Is there a confirmed shiny encounter rate for SOS battles before the 70th pokemon is called?
I swear there is an increased rate.
>>
Gen1 Moltresfag reporting in.
Here's a surprise: those godforsaken DVs have not lined up correctly yet. Wonderful.

On the other hand, today being bored out of my mind riding the bus back home from uni, I was switching around games trying to find just about anything. A little of Sapphire, LG, you name it.
I then remembered I wanted to find a Rapidash in Crystal. How hard could it be, right? So I went to route 28 and started doing what I do best, monotonous shit.
And then, I honestly think not even 100 REs in, this just kinda happened. It's no Rapidash but how can you not love so ridiculously quick finds?
Fun fact: checking its DVs, it has 15 in attack, which essentially means it's about as perfect as a shiny can get in gen2.

So, apparently I can find something like this in less than an hour, but something like Moltres I can't find in who knows how many months now.
It's an abstract kind of feel.
>>
>>32820478
Not him but
>probably hatched more shinies than you
>comparing Gen 6/7 to other gens

>I'm not gonna spend one week hunting for a shiny that I've could've gotten for free
I don't think you get what shiny hunting is about for most people. I suppose you primarily breed the mons you want to battle with?
>>
>>32820622
Nice anon. Funny how the RNG often fucks with the most dedicated. Once you get the Moltres which gen are you gonna place it? Or will you keep it in Gen 1?
>>
File: 20170620_183206-3024x2268.jpg (1MB, 3024x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_183206-3024x2268.jpg
1MB, 3024x2268px
Took over 2000 eggs for this little dino
>>
>>32820593
I'd assume its the standard encounter rate with or without the charm. I have had numerous ones pop up prior to hitting 70 but I assume I just got lucky
>>
File: 1497436914125.jpg (213KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
1497436914125.jpg
213KB, 640x459px
>>32820679
It's going into my second Crystal save. There'd really be no point in leaving it in gen1 where you can't even tell.
Funny story, that save where I found Doduo, which was my first original one, is "tainted". You see, I used a gameshark code on it to activate the Celebi event, which took me some time to find pink, but I did get it in the end. This was about a year and half ago.
It wasn't until later that I found out if I talk to Kurt again he still activates the event even after I already captured the thing.
You could see the good side of it and say I have an endless supply of Celebis, but now I can't make apricorn balls on that save.
I started another save fresh, and decided to look for Cyndaquil there because might as well, and used a shiny team composed of said Cyndaquil and several other shinies I bred on the first save with the help of a shiny Ditto.
Last thing I did on that one was SR for the Dratini they give you in Dragon's Den, which I haven't looked for in a long while actually. Part of the reason I didn't look for Rapidash there is the sparkles of mine extending encounters, so I just went to the old save.
It's on that save where my Articuno and Zapdos are right now, and where the remaining two will go as well.
>>
>>32820161
lemon tea
puddi
arizona
duo oreo
granny's cookie
lemon biscuit
tea macaroon
chia wafer
tea bear
honey teddy

idk, I look at that and I just think of sweets
>>
File: IMG_20170621_065640.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_065640.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
Nice!
>>
File: IMG_20170621_065929.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_065929.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>32822635
Flawless too. Tentacool is next.
>>
File: 1497184425454.gif (2MB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
1497184425454.gif
2MB, 320x362px
Been chaining smeargle for 3 hours and still no shiny, feels like I should call it and go to sleep but I am only just under 200
>>
god i've certainly hatched over 20 boxes of fucking magikarp in the past few days, and i still have no sight of a shiny. i may be hitting 30 boxes soon. RNG why
>>
File: IMG_4077.jpg (24KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4077.jpg
24KB, 326x326px
>>32823779
hatched a shiny gastly and charmander within 2 boxes of each other, now I'm 20 boxes into abra with no shiny in sight

Gonna be a long wait this time
>>
probably over 2000 SR's into shiny soulsilver starter. when does it end
>>
>>32827634
If you think 2000 is a lot then you should hunt more
>>
Hunting for shiny Dratini in SoulSilver by breeding Dragonair and Red Gyrados.
>>
>>32827690
I don't think that, but since you have 3 shots at getting a shiny each time I would think it would be quicker than some hunts
>>
>>32822997
My dude. I know that feel. I've been trying to shiny that bastard forever. I'm gonna give it Happy Hour, Pay Day, Spore, Stealth Rock.
>>
>>32822652
Just got a flawless shiny Ferroseed. He's a Thorn now. Named him Red Wall.
>>
>>32827875
>not Spike
>>
File: sadness.gif (306KB, 414x280px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.gif
306KB, 414x280px
19 boxes of magikarp and no shiny...
This could be faster time-wise but longer in quantity.
>>
>>32786036
Is there an optimal egg hatching method or is it best to just hatch 5 at once and then collect another 5?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
HOLY SHIT GUYS!!!!!! 1hr and 15mins of SOS chaining and I got this little guy!!! 46th in the chain with a Hidden Ability!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32829603
Fixed Sorry, what should I name this little fuck?
>>
>>32829617
Is it normal or alolan?
>>
File: 1371017686555.jpg (87KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1371017686555.jpg
87KB, 640x464px
Reminder the only shinies worth a shit are those you encounter unintentionally in the wild, without cheating charm.
>>
>>32830119
Alolan :)
>>
>>32830184
I usually name my shinies hilarious and sarcastic stuff, because it is fun in-game.

Are you the same way, anon? Or prefer cool names?
>>
File: 1464753496075.jpg (91KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1464753496075.jpg
91KB, 480x515px
3 seperate encounters of 255 and still no shiny. Fuck this I'm doing magikarp swap
>>
>>32830744
Shiny hunting in Gen 7 is shit.
>>
File: 043.png (703B, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
043.png
703B, 60x60px
Replaying Silver for the first time in years and just ran across this little guy in Ilex Forest.

What's something cool I can do with it in terms of movesets/evolutions/etc? I want to use it now but I picked Chikorita as a starter so I wasn't planning on having another Grass type. It's female too, so I can't really use it to breed anything except more Oddish.
>>
>>32789859
Absol.
I chained one in ORAS. Love it.
>>
>What are you hunting?
Alolan-Vulpix
>Method?
MM+Shiny charm
>Last hunt?
Vulpix
I think that Rapidash would look better if it kept the blue flames from Ponyta.

My next hunt will probably be a Joltik or Snivy
>>
>>32832286
Yeah well I don't have ORAS because I didn't like gen3
>>
File: 1479264170619.png (556KB, 958x811px) Image search: [Google]
1479264170619.png
556KB, 958x811px
1k eggs in no shiny Tentacool. Looks like it's gonna be a long hunt...
>>
>>32834736
>Alex getting a long hunt
Only Colosseum guy can save us now.
>>
>>32833785
Evolve it into Vileplume so that you have a Grass Type
And then later breed another Shiny one and evolve it into Bellossom.
>>
>>32835468
Are either of them particularly good? I was planning on using Gengar as a sleep/Nightmare/Dream Eater user but I could replace it with Vileplume and save myself the trouble of having to find someone else with the game I guess.

Also holy shit if one of the parents is shiny in GSC the chances of the Egg being shiny are 1/64? That's insanity. I wish there were some better Pokemon in Oddish's egg group though.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (67KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
67KB, 1280x719px
FINALLY
>>
>>32835566
Both are good ingame
Also just use the Coin Case glitch to make a Shiny Ditto, then go from there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADKp7PI2XY
>>
It's been 5 days and still no shiny...
>>
File: 149818992276392353704.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
149818992276392353704.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>32839753
I started hunting for an Eevee in XY and didn't get one to hatch in X or ORAS. Finally got it last week. Just need to hyper train speed, but I'm not sure that even matters because of Curse.

You'll find your shiny, anon. 5 days isn't long at all.
>>
>>32838546
You're gonna need a legit shiny Manaphy to go with that
>>
>>32840957
That's like asking for suicide
>>
File: 20170623_115735_HDR-min.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170623_115735_HDR-min.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>32786036
>What are you hunting?
Anything that turns up on a route.
>Method?
Cute Charm exploit
>Last hunt?
I wouldn't consider it a hunt, but my last shiny was a Shinx caught on Route 202. Pic related is her.
Espeon, darker purple. I like green, but the green it got is ugly.
>>
>Nephew spilled juice on 3DSXL
>Everything still works except the fucking B button

There's no way to remap the Tauros speedboost to another button, right? Am I fucked if the warranty on this thing ran out? Hatching eggs without the run boost is kinda lame.
>>
>>32843855
You're fucked I think.
>>
>>32843855
I always wondered if the L button can become A why doesn't the R become B. That's so retarded.
>>
>>32843855
This is why I don't lend my stuff to people, especially children.
>>
File: 1498072012216m.jpg (124KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498072012216m.jpg
124KB, 1024x1024px
I'm going to attempt MM for the first time, is the pelago worth using or am I better off running around to hatch my boxes?
>>
>>32844128
Pelago is not worth using. Takes too much time to hatch an egg. But you can leave it in the night while you sleep if you want.
>>
>>32844128
If you feel up to it when you're tired, I liked grabbing 18 eggs and tossing them in the pelago before I went to bed. Having those eggs to pop when you wake up is kinda nice. It isn't much, but better than hatching nothing while asleep. Applys to work and other things that take long enough to hatch your type of egg, as well.
>>
>>32844128
The sad part is, he probably actually has a girlfriend that is just as autistic as him, while most of us have nothing.
>>
>>32818969
Ill have to give it a try. Where could i learn how to do the swap method
>>
>>32844128
What's wrong with that guy in the pic? He's taking Splatoon to a whole new level.
>>
File: M7x08pp.png (698KB, 681x2766px) Image search: [Google]
M7x08pp.png
698KB, 681x2766px
>>32844243
Everything you need

>>32844191
Doubtful but anything is possible

>>32844276
Saw it on a cringe thread from /v/ and thought it was funny enough to save
>>
>60 boxes
Any moment now...
>>
Hi fellow breeders, i just get my sun version and before transfering my penta perfect IV team i want to know if my cubone is going to evolve in the normal form or alola once it arribe to the sun version.
>>
File: IMG_0362.jpg (22KB, 238x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0362.jpg
22KB, 238x183px
>>32844744
So lets say I hatch 20 karp eggs and get a shiny, and I'm trying for shiny rotom.
I would want to reset and hatch 18 karp eggs before switching to my rotom parent, then reject, accept, reject, accept to get to the 20th egg?
Otherwise I would have to reject, accept through 40 total eggs to get my 20, based on what I'm reading?
Thanks for any insight ahead of time!
>>
Question for all you people doing a shiny living dex, do you consider different forms different pokemon to hunt for?
>>
File: shinycleffa.gif-c200.gif (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
shinycleffa.gif-c200.gif
7KB, 200x200px
>currently hatching for this qt3.14
>just hit my 6th box
>regretting not going for that shiny charm

I'd change Garchomp into a dark red/maroon colour.
>>
>>32845155
Alola form. Pikachu Exeggute and Cubone all evolve in their alolan form in SM regardless of where they were transferred.
>>32845229
I'm not doing a living dex but it's really depending on whatever you think. Personally I think forms(like Unown Vivillon) just one is enough since it technically fills the dex slot but if you want to get all the forms for the ultimate completion be my guest.
>>
>>32845344
How the fuck do I get rid of all my shitmons that came out non-shiny.
>>
>>32819932
Congrats anon. Happy late birthday. That looks like the best birthday present
>>
>>32845402
You mean after hatching? Well there's me mass release button so one by one sadly. Or if you have an empty game transfer them there through the bank and delete the save file.
>>
>this thread is still fucking up

dunno why you guys can't just let it die during the week. 43 boxes of stupid fucking eggs, and there's still jack shit.
>>
>>32786036
>Still hunting Dhelmise
I hope my red weed turns up soon.
>>
>>32820684
Nice nickname.
>>
>>32822652
Congrats friend. Would you happen to have any leftovers I really like that level ball. Its trade you a level ball sandle
>>
File: image.png (9KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9KB, 120x120px
> Season 10 is finally over

Now it's time to hatch some mother fucking eggs!

Starting with Onix. Currently at 14 boxes after not being retarded for once and realized I could use my French Moon to get good IV parents.
>>
>tfw Masuda janked most of us during this week
yo what the FUCK man
>>
>>32834736 I know the feel i just hit 1k eggs for my sandle im still looking. Good luck friend
>>
>>32844744
Thanks friend ill give it a try
>>
>>32847440
You are telling the truth. Its sad i wish I didnt get my two shinys so quick the hunt before this
>>
I wish magikarp swapping didn't exist, because then the rng probably wouldn't be as fucked and i wouldn't have to commit to doing an entire box at a time
>>
>tfw encountered shiny Thundurus in 2,263 SRs and I can't get it yet
Wish me luck, fellas. I'll post proof if I can catch it.
>>
File: WIN_20170623_22_55_17_Pro.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170623_22_55_17_Pro.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Nature didn't synch (I kinda wanted Naive) but a shiny is a shiny. Time to resume my final Gen 6 legend hunt, which is Zekrom, which I'm currently over 2,600 SRs in atm.
>>
>>32786036
>>What are you hunting?
Timid Charmander for that sweet, sweet Mega Yzard.
>>Method?
Traditional MM because I forgot about swap breeding until coming back to this thread after a couple months.
>>Last hunt?
Eevee
>>What shiny pokemon would you recolour and what colours would you make it?
Make Dragonite blue and white to match it's prevos.
>>
>47 boxes
>still nothing

I hatched without a charm and had better results back in gen 6. Are we sure Magikarp Swapping actually does anything?

>>32848107
What's the total count now?
>>
>>32846471
Sure
>>
>>32848334
Minus Alolan forms, 570 out of 802.

https://pokedextracker.com/u/Psyyy/shiny-living-dex

>tfw will have to go for Manaphy someday
>>
>>32848362
>Manaphy

My 8 says you go do that right now.
>>
>>32848375
Currently impossible since I don't have Ranger.
>>
>>32848388
My 6 says you go and buy one tomorrow.
>>
>>32848388
I'm pretty sure that one chick that came around here a long time ago died trying that.
She was never heard from again, not that I know of.
>>
File: 1490228779049.png (51KB, 434x439px) Image search: [Google]
1490228779049.png
51KB, 434x439px
Because I'm lazy to look it up, which Pokemon are unavailable shiny across each gen? I want to follow Shiny Living Anon's footsteps
>>
>>32847440
Its what I deserve for gettting 6 shinies last week
>>
>>32848400
Naaah, that'll be one of those hunts that I'll be doing at the end.

>>32848405
RIP. What was her name again?

>>32848416
Got you right now.
https://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml
Colosseum Guy is the hype these days.

>>32848426
Masuda giveth, Masuda taketh away.
>>
>>32848438
Thanks senpai. Forgot about the shiny giveaways in Gen V.
>>
>>32848463
For some reason, I keep thinking it was Zekrom and Reshiram, but it's Palkia and Dialga.
To this day, I have yet to receive those gifts from the delivery person in my Gen 5 games.
>>
>>32848438
I don't remember, but I think she had a twatter.
I remember being surprised because her handle was really simple. I think it was @emolga? I can't remember.
>>
>>32848526
Guess she'll always be a memory and an inspiration for someone here to continue her journey.
>>
>>32848569
I'm a better inspiration, since i actually completed my hunt.
>>
>>32848584
Masuda pls
>>
>>32848569
twitter.com/Emolga
Yep, that's her.
Would you believe it, she's legit just as autistic as us, if not worse if that's even possible.
>>
>>32848659
With the amount of shit we do, I'd say we're equal.
>>
File: tumblr_os1by0YXFv1qjs7mxo1_1280.jpg (430KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os1by0YXFv1qjs7mxo1_1280.jpg
430KB, 1280x960px
>What are you hunting?
Ekans.
>Method?
Masuda.
>Last hunt?
Deliberate? Mimikyu. Got one through SOS, neutral nature.
Accidentally? This Eevee literally just now. Was just breeding for the Tiny Tourney, and this showed up.
Gengar. Make it white like its mega evolution.
>>
>>32848347
Thanks friend. Sorry for the late reply just let me kno how you wanna trade
>>
Do you guys think they will remove the shiny lock for legendary Pokemon an ultra beast in USUM?
>>
>>32849492
I fucking hope so, i'd rather be resetting than hatching, although knowing GF you'll still encounter the UB's the same godawful way in that.

new thread when
>>
>>32849453
I can now. Just tell me when you go online
>>
New thread
>>>32850483
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.