[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are the most up to date unused type combinations right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: latest type combos.png (10KB, 128x624px) Image search: [Google]
latest type combos.png
10KB, 128x624px
These are the most up to date unused type combinations right now.

Does /vp/ think we'll see any of these in Ultra Sun/Moon?
>>
>>32782730
No
>>
>>32782730
edit: Marshadow is ghost/fighting
>>
>>32782730
we could have normal/rock, normal/ghost , normal/steel,bug/psychic,fighting/fairy but wasted thanks to lycanroc,mimikyu,togedemaru,,pheromosa and tapu bulu
>>
>>32782798
Mimikyu already has a unique type combination.
>>
>>32782798
why would Pheromosa be bug/psychic

why would Togedemaru not be its primary type

and why are you even questioning them when we all know that Pokemon will continue to exist until the end of time, and thus there is a 100% chance of getting every single type combination
>>
>>32782798
Normal/Rock Lycanroc would be such trash. One mach punch and it's dead.
>>
>>32782730
That Fairy has 5 combinations left with just two generations but there's other types with 5 combinations unused or even more despite being in the game for over twice as long is just criminal.
>>
>>32782798
>Togedemaru
>Pikachu Clone
>Not electric type
>>
The problem with just slapping Normal onto a pokemon is that it takes away from what Normal is. They are typically basic bitch creatures like rats and dogs and shit; having Normal/Ghost thematically doesn't make any sense.

Normal/Dragon was also a stretch but in the context of Drampa's design I get it, he's just an old man dragon.
>>
>>32782904
That isn't a very good justification. If he's just an old dragon, then he is just a dragon, thus pure Dragon.
Same as a pokémon that's just an old flame wouldn't be Normal/Fire.
>>
>>32782730

Isn't Marshadow Ghost/Fighting?
>>
>>32782961
In this case the Grandpa element = Normal

Like I said, it's a stretch..
>>
>>32782904
I think a good thematic motif for Normal/X is a normal type looking animal with an elemental aspect, ie Bibarel, Pyroar, Sawsbuck
>>
>>32782995
I really don't see how you can put old age = Normal. Even if you call it a stretch I find that absurd.
>>
>>32783054
What should a grandpa be then, Poison? Electric?

It fits if you don't think too hard about it.
>>
>>32783170
Nothing. It's a stage of life.
Tons of pokémon represent life at specific stages, like say almost every butterfly line. Despite that they don't have types associated with their maturity.
>>
>>32782730
>Marleyzard
>Crystaking
>Mozzamazel
>Oreon
>Pretzely
>Honrade
>Traumobra
>Marshadow
>Spaghefant
>Tentaquil
>Mantrake
>Pengas
>Senketula
>Ubruh
>Huntabre
>Sesquatch
>Wantnaut
>Piicee
>Venowatt
>>
>>32783335
Кys
>>
After what happened with ORAS, anything is possible. Personally I'm hoping for Alolan forms in USUM with new type combinations.

Game Freak deliberately gave unique and/or rare type combinations to most of the Alolan forms. Hopefully that trend continues here.
>>
>>32782730
can see Sunflora getting Grass/Fire.
Donphan Ground/Fighting
Granbull Fairy/Dark
>>
>2017
>no fighting/ground SuMo wrestler
>>
>>32783357
>kys
Underage b&
>>
for poison/ice

It could be a rodent that was frozen under ice during an ice age, and was thawed out recently. I would be infected with an ancient virus, and It would have some kind of ability where It has a chance of toxic on every contact move.

i dont have any better ideas for thst typing
>>
>>32782730
>bug/dark Alolan Ariados
>bug/psychic Alolan Ledian
>fighting/fairy Alolan Azumarill
>>
>>32782848
>implying it isn't already shit
>>
>>32783335
The sad part is, whilst yeah there's a lot of meme-mons in the game, there were some really interesting type combos/some generally well done pokemon.
>>
>>32782730
Dark/Fairy Alolan Wobbuffet. Because fuck you.
>>
Normal/Rock arrmadillo.
evolves into part steel if leveled knowing Iron Defense.
>>
>>32782904
>>32782995
>>32783040

Here's a good copypasta on Normal type...

The only dual-type with normal in Gen I was Flying (until Fairy was introduced in Gen VI) which makes sense since they're based on regular, non-elemental birds.

Gen II introduced Girafarig, a Normal/Psychic type; this Pokemon had two distinct heads, only one of which had Psychic power.

Gen IV introduced Bibarel, a Normal/Water type which evolves from a Normal type; since the evolution retains a majority of the traits found in Bidoof, it retains its Normal typing.

Gen V gave us the Deerling/Sawsbuck line with the Normal/Grass typing. Like Girafarig, the Grass elements of Sawsbuck's design appear on it's antlers but not necessarily on the rest of the body. Also, Meloetta can be either Normal/Fighting or Normal/Psychic- in this case, the Normal typing represents it's musical theme, which may also explain why the Jigglypuff line retains it's Normal type.

Lastly, Gen VI gave us Diggersby, Pyroar, and Helioptile. Like Bibarel, Diggersby gains its secondary type through evolution. The Pyroar line have fiery manes but are otherwise normal in appearance, like Sawsbuck. The Heliolisk line is probably the biggest outlier here, but I think the idea is that it doesn't generate its own electricity (unlike most Electric-types) and therefore can't be considered a pure Electric type.

I'm sure I'm just stating the obvious here, but regardless I think its an interesting topic. In Bewear's case I think the Fighting type is secondary because it's a product of Bewear not knowing it's own strength, whereas Passimians typing is based on it's organization and training regime.
>>
Fairy/Fighting or Fairy/Dark Alolan/Mega Granbull?
>>
Maybe some new Alola forms. Shit, if Marowak can have one that's Fire/Ghost, who the fuck knows.
>>
Bug/Psychic Alolan Venomoth
Fire/Fairy Alolan Rapidash
Ground/Fighting Alolan Dodrio
Grass/Fire Alolan Bellossom
Poison/Steel Alolan Qwilfish
Dark/Fairy Alolan Stantler
>>
File: LbsJgFU.jpg (201KB, 687x399px) Image search: [Google]
LbsJgFU.jpg
201KB, 687x399px
I got my own headcannon that a pokemon type is just the pokemon being good at using certain types of moves (Getting Stab) and getting that power means having certain weakness, IE levitating pokemon aren't flying because they aren't good at using flying attacks.

I wish for a Fighting/ground mud-golem or skeleton, and a Fighting/electric Hairy beast-like creature.

A bug/Psychic zombie snail would neat too.
>>
Imagine how good Ground/Fairy could be offensively.
>>
Which of these combinations have the most OP weaknesses/resistances?
>>
>>32787637
A Fairy/Ground moon rabbit with Huge Power feels like a no-brainer at this point. Agility/Moonlight/Play Rough/EQ would be instant OU.
>>
File: 6YLYIm0.png (104KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
6YLYIm0.png
104KB, 622x626px
>>32782877
>>
>>32783704
Icetope and Chillnobyl from Sage were the best poison/ice concept
>>
>>32782730
>Implying Volcanion actually counts as a real Pokémon and not just a total fucking faggot.
>>
>>32787698
The moon isn't on the ground retard!
>>
File: cold_virus_by_jwnutz-d9pphq7.png (33KB, 784x693px) Image search: [Google]
cold_virus_by_jwnutz-d9pphq7.png
33KB, 784x693px
>>32788993
This is also a really good concept
While it is a much more straightforward concept then a radioactive snail mutant, I still think it works perfectly.
>>
>>32789038
That's...actually pretty cool
>>
>>32782730
Not in Ultra.

Next gen, there will be a rash of related shitmons that are all of the unused Normal combos. They will be single stage, mid-game shitmons. Even Normal/Ghost.
>>
A Fight/Fairy combo would be neat with play rough and high jump kick. Huge power!
>>
Maybe electric dark. Honestly it would be the easiest to make it would just be a thundercloud mixed with an animal.
>>
Bug/Psychic "hive mind" pun. It could be like Vespiqueen where it uses minions to attack. Give it a buffed version of Parental Bond where all attacks hit 5 times for brokeness
>>
>not many unused ghost combos
>but only a handful of the type are interesting
>>
>>32791829
Yeah give it base 999 every stat too haha it'll be epiiiiic
>>
File: IMG_3015.jpg (306KB, 1200x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3015.jpg
306KB, 1200x823px
>>32782730
Fire/Ice Japanese Macaque fucking when?
>>
File: IMG_3016.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3016.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>32788993
I prefer this play on Rhinovirus.
>>
A normal/poison shrew should be the next Raticate expy.
>>
>>32784449
regular granbull is found in alola
>>
I was spitballing an idea for a Fire/Fairy type, and one idea was based on the mythological Jengu from Africa. Only instead of living in rivers and oceans, it lives in the bottom of volcanoes and warm bodies of water. Though the Jengu is a very feminine species, so it'd probably be female-exclusive (or primarily female).
The base form would be a squid-like thing called Jenguid (jengu + squid), and its evolved form would be more mermaid-like and be called Jenguine (jengu + wahine, Hawaiian for woman).
>>
>STILL no Grass/Fire Koala
>STILL no Ground/Fighting Kangaroo
>STILL no Electric/Poison Platypus
>STILL no Normal/Steel Dingo fence
>STILL no Fairy/Fighting Yowie
>STILL no Fairy/Ground Bunyip
>STILL no Fairy/Poison Rainbow Serpent
POKEAUS FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>32792347
Please die. Thanks.
>>
>>32792356
Autism.
>>
>>32782730
>Electric/Dark
Luxray should've had that typing. Shit looks evil as fuck.
>>
>>32787672
Normal/Ghost and Normal/Steel are pretty good.
Psychic/Bug and Ground/Fighting have quite a few weaknesses.
>>
File: 220px-Kuniyoshi_Taiba_(The_End).jpg (34KB, 220x317px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Kuniyoshi_Taiba_(The_End).jpg
34KB, 220x317px
>>32791765
Or one of these(Japanese Chimera creature that cursed an emperor and can take the form of a black cloud.
>>
>>32783704
Either yellow snow or a Gila Monster(avoiding the expectation that a Gila Monster would be Ground.)
>>
>>32791882
game?
>>
>>32795252
Nah it's just some fakedex. They're mostly shit but there are a couple of gems in there.
>>
>>32795287
Well techhnically one of their dexes(yes the creator has several) is being used for some kind of RP forum, but not anything like a romhack.
>>
>>32792399
Ezeneca
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.