[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive Pokemon Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: z.png (65KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
65KB, 640x384px
This saturday Im taking part in my schools Draft League that will be played on showdown, in the rules it says we have to designate one pokemon to be our "z-captain" meaning only they can hold a z crystal.

My question is what pokemon do you think would give the most variety and unpredictability in regards to z-crystal usage?

Other advice is welcome, but its the z-crystals I know least about.
>>
>>32778293
Z-Metronome on a snorlax.

Have fun
>>
>>32778293
Just go with smogongenie :^)
>>
>>32778293
Porygo-Z@Normalium Z
Thunderbolt
Conversion
Shadow Ball
Psyshock/Whatever you want
>>
>>32778293
See what gets the more interesting status z-moves (i.e. moves that raise all stats, moves that raise a stat by more than one, weather setting moves, Parting Shot, Mirror Move, etc.), while preferably still having good enough offensive stats. If nothing particularly interests you, just going with something fast and strong isn't a bad option.

The best options off the top of my head would be >>32778364 and Mew. Also, this is all assuming that ubers aren't allowed. If you're allowed one or something, then Arceus is objectively the best choice.
>>
>>32778417
Forgot to mention Hypnosis. That can be fun.
>>
>>32778434
Except when it misses
>>
>>32778364
More like:
Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
-Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Thunder(if rain team to never miss)/Blizzard(if hail team. Immunity to Hail damage is the only reason you'll change your type to Ice)
-Conversion
-Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball
-Hyper Beam(net a surprise kill lategame without using Conversion)/Recover/Psyshock/Nasty Plot/anything

-The first moveslot brings unpredictability of what type you'll change into after Conversion is used.
-Hyper Beam provides versatility for the Normal Z crystal. Just make sure Conversion hasn't been used. You can also replace Conversion with Nasty Plot just for Hyper Beam alone to throw off players expecting Conversion.
>>
>>32778417
We play using a point system, OU and below, but some mons like Mew are really expensive because of the variety of utility and offense it offers.

I was hoping to find some sleeper mons with z crystals, something that maybe isn't in the meta but some shitter uses and steals wins with, could work well in draft because the overall powerlevel of teams is lower than OU
>>
>>32778785
>I was hoping to find some sleeper mons with z crystals
Try this:
Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot/Energy Ball

Could pull off a surprise sweep if your lucky.

You can also try Z-Hypnosis Gardevoir with STAB Dream Eater + Calm Mind if you need a less powerful but unique alternative.
>>
>>32778843
Gard is actually something I am REALLY interested in, its really cheap, and now that you mention it, it has some decent coverage moves for z crystals like sshadow ball, or energy ball.

I thought Z electric terrain is very common on xurk
>>
>>32778874
Yeah, Z-Electric Terrain is better for quick sweeping, the difference is that your using a sleeping opponent as setup bait opposed to brute force. Landing a Hypnosis won't always happen in practice sadly..
>>
>>32778874
BTW, use Gardevoir for Hypnosis, otherwise Tapu Lele is better in every way.
>>
>>32778966
Yeah but Gardevoir is really really cheap in our league, like Lele is ranked S tier, and highly sought after, while Gard is C+, so I really don't think it would be the worst choice.

What about sylveon with like Z-celebrate, or other Z coverage like shadow ball, z heal bel as a healing method.

Maybe Noivern for value, has hurrican, flamethrower, shadow ball, dark pulse
>>
>>32779008
>Yeah but Gardevoir is really really cheap in our league, like Lele is ranked S tier, and highly sought after, while Gard is C+, so I really don't think it would be the worst choice.
Its fine then. Gardevoir hits hard has good coverage so it'll still put in some work.
>What about sylveon with like Z-celebrate, or other Z coverage like shadow ball, z heal bel as a healing method.
Sylveon could work, if your okay with Pixilate being illegal with Celebrate.
>Maybe Noivern for value, has hurrican, flamethrower, shadow ball, dark pulse
Noivern lacks a boosting move and lacks power without an item, so your better off with Specs. Vivillon would be a better Flying Z crystal user as it can Sleep Power and Quiver Dance on opponents.
>>
>>32779130
dang didnt know that combination was illegal. Pixelate is like the whole reason to use it offensively so Ill pass. What mega would you pick in a draft?
>>
>>32780417
Mawile, Salamence and Metagross are pretty good
>>
>>32780447
all banned haha. A really OP one is good, but one that can run a variety of sets is good too, I'm thinking mega altaria (we are playing with unreleased megas too)
>>
>>32780806
Heres some ideas of flexible megas:
-M-Sceptile gets Work Up this gen so you can try a either a special or mixed with that,or a physical set with SD.
-RestTalk+Curse MegaSwampert can put in some work
-Swords Dance+Flame Charge Charizard X could be fun
-Bulk Up M-Gallade(better bulk than the base form)
-M-Diancie can go mixed w/Diamond Storm or special with Calm Mind(got Power Gem this gen aswell)
>>
>>32781490
Why sd + flame charge over DDance?
>>
File: homer-computer-doh.jpg (96KB, 788x500px) Image search: [Google]
homer-computer-doh.jpg
96KB, 788x500px
>>32782058
Ya know what, forget about that set. I forgot that 2 DDances would have better speed and share the same attack boosts for 2 turns.
>>
>>32778293
You're not old enough to post here
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.